Out of Sorts

When a Starlight imagines..

A/N : First of all, CHAINED UP! CHAINED UP!!

Ok, let just say VIXX is just , really, extremely awesome. The other songs in the album are also impressive and I got some inspiration from the songs.

For this really long one-shot, as you can see from the title, this story was inspired from Out Of Sorts.

Enjoy!!!!

“ I’M BOREEDD!!!!!”, she shouted. But there was no reply because the house was empty and she was alone.

She sat down on the sofa with a pout on her face.

The rest of her family went for a vacation and the reason she is not joining them at the beach was because her boarding school prolonged the student’s stay at school for an unavoidable educational programme.

She did not want to burden her family with the unexpected the delay and hampering their holiday plans that had been prepared ages ago.

Still, she could not get rid the regret in her heart as she roll around the wide sofa.

She did not know what to do with all the abundance of time in her hand because doing anything alone was really boring. Her friends all lived in different parts of the city and they must have their own plans.

Moreover, she was suffering from a heartbreak from a secret relationship with a guy from her boarding school and there’s no one to help her through the phase.

She was about to close her eyes and sleep when her phone produced a notification sound.

She quickly opened her phone because she need to have some interaction  with the outside world but her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

‘ I’m at the door. Open it.’

She walked slowly to the door, remembering that she did not invite anyone to her house. She grabbed her father’s old baseball bat and looked outside the window, the nightitme view greeted her.

There’s no one out there. She gulped before thinking it must be a wrongly-sent message.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

The sound was from the back door at the kitchen. She opened her phone and dialed the emergency number. She walked to the kitchen and looked out the window to see no one there.

“ Hello? How can I help you?”

“ Umm, I’m alone in my house and aaaahhh!!!!!!”

 

“I’m sorry for wasting your time”, she apologised before she put down her phone on the table.

She sent a glare at the sitting figure on the sofa who in return smiled cutely at her.

“ Lee Jaehwan. One day, I’m going to call the police on you or even better yet, murder you with that bat”, she said while crossing her arms.

Said boy just smiled and opened his bag to take out a packet of instant noodles.

“ Hungry?”

“ Starving. Since you scare me to death just now, you cook”, she smiled.

After their so-called dinner, they both sat down and watched a movie that he chose and ate the snacks that he brought.

“ So, your mom do not tell you that I will be coming?”, he munched on his chips while waitng for the movie to load.

“ That’s typical of her. She must really want to surprise me. Your parents leave you alone at home too?”, she asked.

A dark look crossed his face but it was only a matter of seconds before he smiled again.

“ Well, it’s been so long since I last met my only girl friend aka my first friend. I am really looking forward to spend time with you”, he gave her really earnest look that it almost brought  tears to her eyes.

“ I’m sorry, Ken”, she muttered but he quickly hushed her with a finger on her lips.

“ Tha matter was in the past. I already move on. I already have lots of friend escpecially with five who are really close to me. Now, let’s just enjoy the movie”.

When the movie ended, she was surprised to find him sleeping. She put a blanket on him and went upstairs to her bedroom.

She could not sleep though. Her head was replaying all her memories of Ken when they were younger. At least, that stopped her from thinking of the guy who broke her heart.

Her and Ken’s parents were best of friends and they always visit one another.

Ken was really shy and with his glasses, he always got bullied. She, on the other hand, thought his glasses were cool like Harry Potter but she did not object his desicion to use contact lens. She was not brave enough to fight the bullies but she always made sure to prepare some candies for him because he’s a sweet tooth and sweet delicacies always make him smile.

When they grew up and entered middle school, she made sure to always look out for him even though she found new friends. The bullying had stopped, luckily but he was still shy and awkward with people. Then, he learned how to make jokes after watching a comedy show that also made her laugh uncontrollably.

She was proud to see him smiling after making other people smile. She knew he was a natural because he had already made jokes with her but he just need a liitle inspiration so he could do it with someone else.

There were times that friends can hurt each  other and she remembered the time she made him cry.

She got an offer to attend a prestigious boarding school because of her excellence in academics. Everyone except Ken urged her to take the offer. She could not let down her parents so she said yes.

When Ken heard about it, he was so upset that he went missing. She found him later in his closet with tears in his eyes.

“ You are going to leave me”, the sadness and betrayal in his eyes were too much for her to handle so she just handed him a bar of chocolae and muttered an apology before running to her house and cried alone in her bedroom.

Before she left, Ken brought himself out of the house and gave her a hug.

“ I hope you are happy there. Just don’t forget me”, he said and slipped a small bag of marshmallow into her hand.

She tried to keep in contact with him but his parents sent him to some school near his grandparents’ house and she rarely seen him since.

She sighed, hoping she could mend their relationship. But she was afraid to mess up because she did not want to see those sad eyes anymore.


“GOOD MORNING!!!!!”, a loud voice dragged her away from dreamland.

“ Ughhh, Ken!! It’s the holidays. I’ve been  waking up early for months so let me sleep in”, she put a pillow on her face. Unfortunately, it was yanked away from her and bright sunlight reached her eyes.

“ Noo, it’s too bright. My eyes!!!”.

“ I know my attractive looks are bright like a star but you don’t need to compliment me”, Ken said before laughing.

She sat up, trying to launch a pillow at her friend but then she noticed he was fully-dressed with a yellow backpack behind his bag.

“ You are leaving?”, she was suprised to hear the disappointment in her voice.

Ken smiled before he threw an empty backpack at her.

“ Of course I am. I’m going to leave but I’m taking you with me”.

“ Huh?”, she cocked her head, making her long messy hair fall to a side.

“ Just go take a shower. You can think clearer after that. The rest, I will tell you later”, Ken told her before leaving the room.

At 9 in the morning, she was standing outside her house with Ken bouncing excitedly beside her. After she took a shower, Ken explained that he would bring her to the beach with his friends.

He also recieved permission from her parents but she was sure he did not told them the bit about his friends because there’s no way her parents let her hang out with other guys except for Ken. But then she really did not want to stay at home and suffer from boredom.

His friends arrived by van and luckliy they were nice and quite energetic like Ken except one guy at the back who was sleeping with a lion doll beside his head. Ken introduced his friends : N ( the driver), Leo ( the sleeping guy), Ravi ( the guy with cool shades), Hongbin ( the photographer of the group) and Hyuk ( the one who was taking a picture of sleeping Leo).

It was a hectic ride and she could see why Ken was really close to them. It made her proud and sad at the same time but she just smiled, thinking her teenage emotions were playing around.

When they reached the seaside, it was raining so they quickly checked in at the resort with all of them blaming N for the rain. She didn’t understand why but it must be an inside joke so she kept quiet.

Ken must have planned it beforehand because she got a room for herself.


She was just finished unpacking when she received a message from Ken. There would be a party at the resort and everyone was invited.

She agreed to come with them but then she would say no if she knew HE would be there.

Her secret ex-boyfriend was there ( the resort must be really popular for teenagers ) and he was not alone. A girl was hugging his arms and smiling so brightly just like her months ago.

“ Ken, I don’t feel well so I’m going to go back to my room”, she quickly stammered out the words before running away. Unfortunately, she dropped her necklace ,which was given by her mother and she needed to turn back.

She sighed in relief when she found it on the floor outside the party room. She was about to pick it up when someone else picked it up.

It was him. Lee Jaedong.

“ I thought I made it clear that we are over now. But why I still  see you around?”, he said with a smirk.

“ I did not mean to. I just here because of a friend and....”, she tried to explain but Jaedong cut her off.

“ Naah. That is just an excuse. I figure you saw Nami just now. She’s pretty, isn’t it? Luckily she showed me pictures of the real you, a messy and childish girl. You need to accept reality that you are stupid. I used you so I can  borrow your homework and stuff. Even if you are the top 10 students, you are still stupid”, he laughed at her crestfallen face and walked away.

“ I’m going to keep this for Nami. Thank you by the way”, he chuckled but he was blocked by someone taller than him.

“ Hey, can you let me pass? I need to go back to the party”, he snarled but then the necklace in his hands was snatched from his hand.

“ That is mine!! That’s for my girlfriend!!”.

The tall man just ignored him and left.

Jaedong fumed and was about to chase the man but suddenly he was on the floor, feeling pain from his stomach. He looked and saw a blonde smirking above him.

“ That’s for hurting Ken hyung’s friend”, he said before joining the party with a huge smile on his face.


She was standing at the balcony, crying her eyes out. It hurt to listen to those harsh words. Then, she felt someone munching beside her.

It was Ken, with a packet of chocolates in hand.

“ Want some?”, he mumbled.

It was the first she ever talked to someone about her and Jaedong and she cried really badly, knowing she was a mess in front of Ken. But she did not care.

When she finished, Ken just smiled and gave her the rest of the chocolate. He left but not without saying something that she really wanted to hear.

“ Just forget what he says. You are pretty and smart. I had seen your messy hair in the morning and you look really cute. If you are not smart, then why would be at the school in the first place? You are a pro in everything you do and whenever I talk to you when we are kids, you never fail to bored me because you are just amazing like that. If you still thinking you are not pretty , just know that I can look at you all the time because you are beautiful”, he stopped his rant and looked at her in the eye.

He neared her but he quickly moved away and went to the door.

“ Don’t forget to lock the door”, he said with his endearing Kenjunma voice.

She rolled her eyes and finished the chocolates. She was surprised to find her necklace in the packet.


 

After that night, Ken avoided her. She knew he was one weird guy but it was ridiculous for him to jump into the pool when she was passing by.

It was then she learnt the truth from no one other than Hyuk.

“ He likes you”, he said it like it was a normal thing to say.

“Whattt???”, she gasped in surprise.

“ But when he knew you were in a relationship before, it hurt him a bit. He’s not mad at you. It is just he always talk to us that he want to be your first. That and he’s afraid that if he confess and you say no, it will ruin your friendship”.

 This trip is to help you guys get together and then suddenly, Ken lost his mood”, Hyuk stared at her with a hard look.

“ What are you going to do next?”.


Ken walked into his room and was surprised to see her, sitting on a chair in the corner of the room.

“ Hyuk gave me the key”, she answered his unasked question. She took a deep breath and started to talk.

“ Listen, I’m sorry because I hurt you a lot. I hurt you when I leave. I hurt you again when I break my promise”.

“Just don’t forget me”,  she still remembered the pleading look in his eyes.

“ I did not try my hardest to contact you when your mean parents , sorry about that but it’s true. They left you at home just beacuse you didn’t score during the last exam. I ask my mom about it”.

“ Still, I am not there for  you and and I hurt your feelings a lot so I letting you to punish me. But before you do that, I want to say that I also like you because you had been there for me when I need you so I want to repay that”.

“ About the punishment...”, she took out something behind her that sent Ken spluttering in surprise.

It was a whip and Ken did not know that the place sell those type of things.

However, after he got over the shock, he laughed really loudly.

He walked towards her and grabbed the whip from her.

He unfurled it and she turned around and closed her eyes.

A pair of warm arms hugged her from behind instead of the pain.

“ This is your punishment. A squishing hug from Ken”, he whispered into her ear.

He turned her around and chuckled at the sight of her blushing cheeks.

“ You are one crazy girl but I still like you. Still, don’t you think the whip is too suggestive and extreme?”.

“ Huh?”, she cocked her head in confusion.

Ken laughed and whispered into her ear.

“ Nonononono!! I did not think like that. Ken, since you become like this?”, if she was just blushing then, her face at the moment was bright red.

“ There, there. How about we go get some chocolate shake at the restaurant below?”.

She smiled mischeviously and ran out of the room.

“ The last one had to pay for both!!”, she shouted.

“ Hey, that’s not fair!!”, Ken ran after her.