Villain or Hero?

When a Starlight imagines..

 
A/N:   Warning for violence, death and  far-fetched action moves. So be careful  while  reading.



 
A drunken man hobbled down the alley, singing an out-of-tune song. He moved with no sense of direction without any care for the dark world around him.


His uncertain journey took him to a huge warehouse, its walls decorated with numerous low-artistic presentations of  spray paint-based art. The windows were cracked, the remaining glasses were jagged like a monster’s teeth.


The lamp posts around the warehouse were not functioning, the darkness that engulfed the building intensifying the menacing aura of the seemingly abandoned warehouse.


However, a small door which served as a backdoor. was illuminated by a single lightbulb, shining down on two man in combat outfits, big guns in hand, the scowl on their faces made them the most terrifying doorman on earth.


But the drunken man took no notice of the danger signs in front of him as he stumbled along, continuing on another unidentified chorus.


He reached the small door, the two armed man ignoring him and he fall face first on their feet.


“ Ugghhh drunk people. They are useless whenever they are unconscious.  How in the whole world does this scum get here?”, one of the man spoke with disgust.
“ Who cares? We need to get rid of him. Boss will not like anyone, I mean anyone coming here uninvited”, the second man who was taller than the first replied before using his gun to jostle the drunken man in front of him.


He rolled on his back, the single light revealing a young man in his twenties. He slowly opened his eyes, squinting against the sudden brightness.
“ Is this heaven?”.


The first man scoffed before collaring the civilian making him stand up.


“ It will not be if you stay. Now,  scram!!!!”, he scolded him before pushing him away.


“ Awww, I want to stay for the party”, he whined as he swayed left and right, but not leaving the place.
“ Party’s at the bar. No party here”, the tall man grunted as he aimed his rifle at the harmless man to spook him to leave.
“ You don’t know? It’s about to get started”, the young man chuckled.


CRACKK!!!!
In a split second, the tall man dropped on his knees, his head was facing backwards. His rifle was now twirled around in the hands of the now not drunken man.
The shorter of two growled and aimed his own rifle at the intruder who just smiled at him.

“ Look behind you. There’s a ghost”.

“Pfft, as if I will believe that” suddenly he stiffened as a blade grew out of his chest. Blood gurgled out of his mouth as he fall to the ground.

“ Eww, Leo hyung, could you not make that less disgusting?’, the man whined as a figure emerged out of the shadows.
 Leo just shrugged before pulling out the blade and whiped it clean. He kept it in his back pocket and grabbed the rifle. A few minutes later, the two of them were wearing the two dead men’s clothes and when another two men arrived to take their shift,  Leo and Ravi entered the warehouse.



 Two figures stood on the top of the skyscraper. One of them was looking at the farwaway warehouse with a pair of high-tech binoculars. He glanced at his watch before looking back at his partner.
“ Hmmm Hongbin, have you checked our gear?”.
“ Yes, Ken hyung. All are ready to use”.


Minutes later, they both jumped off the building. Then, they extended their arms and they glided through the night air. Their black wingsuits helped them flew unnoticed around other buildings and they reached the top of the warehouse in a matter of minutes.


“ Ken hyung, two guards on top”, Hongbin spoke through the coms.
“ Ok. Hongbin, don't forget the cameras and mute your coms for a few seconds”.


Ken landed at a corner of the roof, removing his helmet and took out a tiny gun. He aimed at the two men’s back and shoot two tiny microphones at them before he sat down and wore his ear plugs.
“ One, two three”, he counted down before leashing a high note that was amplified to a very high frequency, causing the two guards to cover their ears before passing out. (A/N  Just because Ken can slay with his incredible high notes ).


Ken stood up, signalling Hongbin to come down.


Ken took off his wingsuit and looked at Hongbin who was now tinkering with one of the cameras. When he finished,he opened his helmet, revealing his sweaty face and messy hair.
“ They will never see us”, Hongbin said. Ken grinned at him, mouthing ‘well done’. They tied up the two men and slipped into the air vents.


A lorry was seen entering the entrance of the warehouse.


A guard at the checking point looked through the driver’s ID with eyebrows furrowed.


“ Ummm, you look a bit different in your ID, Junghon”.


“ I just got a tan. Thank you for noticing the difference”, the driver smiled sweetly at him.


“ Let me just go check and verify this ID first. You know how the boss like protocols”.


The driver just nodded and the guard quickly made his way to the phone.
“ Damn those secrets agents. They think they can fool me with that disguise. Pfft, I have seen better”, the guard thought but as he grabbed the receiver, he heard a crash and he watched the lorry burst through the gate.


A group of armed personnel swiftly gathered around the suspicious lorry when the back door opened. They waited but nothing happened.


A few seconds later, they heard a ‘vroom’ and a motorcycle burst outside, its rider began shooting with deadly accuracy with a gun in one hand. The remainder returned fire but shooting someone on a motorcycle was nearly impossible.
When everyone was down, the rider stopped and took of his helmet, revealing a young man with blonde hair and sharp eyes. Suddenly he felt a 'whoosh' by his ear. He turned around and saw the guard in the guard post slumped down with a bullet between his eyes.


“ Hyukkie,you need to be more aware of your surroundings. But good job. They never seen it coming”, said the driver who had now changed into an all black attire.
“ Thank you N hyung. Anyway where are the others?’, Hyuk’s question was answered when a clang from an air vent was heard.


“ Hi. Miss us?”, Ken asked with a grin on his face with Hongbin following behind.
A door opened revealing Ravi and Leo who was munching on something.


“ Yah! Leo, how could you eat during this important mission?”, N scolded only to received a shrug from the indifferent Leo.
“ We passed by the kitchen area just now. He could not resist”, Ravi explained.


“ Fine, now get these bombs and set it up according to the plan”, N said and took out three cylinder-shaped bombs and passed it to his teammates.
They changed partners. Leo and Hyuk would go for the central area. Ken and Hongbin would set the bomb at the upper part of the warehouse while N and Ravi would place the bomb at the underground level.
They were all confident their plan would work. After years of hard work from everyone in their agency, they finally could bring down the XXX Organisation that was the central of all criminal activities from petty theft to high-profile assasinations. Their reputation was well-known in the criminal underworld but was unknown to the public.


All of them had gone a long way from attacking their branches to reaching the HQ they were standing in now.



N was the first person to notice something was wrong. Ravi had gone ahead of him because he need to intercept the numerous guards heading at their direction. Their arrival should go unnoticed but N thought no plan is 100% perfect so he stayed behind.
He weaved through the enemy ranks, his gun in one hand and a sword on another. His teammates called him old-fashioned but N always likes close encounters. He shot and slashed everything on sight, his movement was graceful yet precise like a professional dancer.
When they were all down, N hurried through the corridor to join Ravi but a young girl stood in the way. She looked like she didn’t belong there, an innocent facing a terrible carnage. She had black hair in a ponytail, her glasses glinted under the lights of the corridor.
She shot him a pale smile and pointed at him. He heard a faint  ‘ whiiish’. He did not realise the really tiny dart at his long neck and he fall to the ground. In seconds, his body suddenly felt an intense heat before his whole body froze like ice. He hear a shot fired behind him before he closed his eyes.



 
 
Hongbin looked up slowly, the blood flowing down his nose making him feel so uncomfortable. He and his teammates were on their knees, their hands and legs were bound with cuffs.
They were facing a man who radiated power and evil by the way he was hungrily looking at them. He must be the head of the organisation. The surprising thing was he looked young while the organisation had existed for a decade.  He must have taken over someone and probably not in a good way.
“Hahahah, Rovix’s finest agents are now kneeling in front of me. You think you can easily slip into my headquarters and bomb it? You make me laugh. Anyway, what I am going to do with you guys? You did put a hamper on my previous plans and I prefer my plans to go smooth”, he stopped when a door behind  them opened.
 

Hongbin turned his head slightly and saw the girl who managed to bring down all of them without touching them. The girl just stared at the boss and he flinched for a second before returning to his previous composure.
A guard who was standing by the girl quickly rushed towards the boss and whispered something in his ear.


“ Well, I guess that matter is already settled. Hope you guys like your time with her. She needs some entertainment after being stucked up in her chemistry lab”, he quickly shut up when the girl sent him a glare and exited the room.
“ If it is up to me, I prefer to lock  you guys up and torture you. Being stuck with her is probably the most unluckiest thing to happen to you.



 
They brought to a pit ( they were still slightly paralysed from the previous attack ) and was thrown into it.
Hyuk thought they were thrown into an endless pit because it was pitch dark and he was still falling. He could not see the others but he could hear them groaned as they landed on something. Finally, he landed but it was not a comfortable landing.


He was lying on a mesh of wires and from what he was feelling at his back, it was shaped as a web. Suddenly, his cuffs opened but the freedom was only temporary. The wire mesh quickly attached themselves at his wrists and ankles, spreading him over the web.


If that did not creep him out, hearing N hyung’s shrill scream did the job.


He suddenly heard a voice. It was a small childish voice and Hyuk hoped it was not from that creepy girl.


" Good boy, agent N. I knew you will hear me out. Sorry about the pain though. I need you to focus on me and you keep staring at me with those eyes.
“Ooohh, agent Leo. You are known as a cold person. Don’t worry, I will make sure you will burn till you feel like melting”.
“ Agent Ken, do you know I really like your voice? Too bad I had to mute you now. I want to hear it for myself”.
“ Agent Ravi.......”
“ NO!! NO!!!! PLEASE GET THEM OFF ME!!! PLEASE!!!!! PLEASE!!! SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!”, Hyuk gulped as he heard his hyung shouted like a maniac. Only one thing could cause him to scream like that : insects. Considering the fact he was stuck in a metal web, there was a high possibiity that there were spiders.


“ Agent Hongbin. My,my, my. You are handsome as I thought. You must be a playboy, right? Don’t need to lie to me. I know, so I’m going to give you a special treatment”, Hyuk heard his hyung screamed in pain but a few minutes later, he heard giggling.

“ Oh,oh please don’t stop. Do it again! Higher, higher!!!Hehehe”, Hongbin voice was heard, the pleasure was evident in his voice.
“ No,no no, Hongbin. I will give you more but I need to see Hyuk first”.


Hyuk hold his breath and closed his eyes, hoping she could not find him but then he felt someone breathing on his face. He turned his head away but then he heard her.
“ Agent Hyuk, I prefer people to face me when talking”, Hyuk turned his head back and opened his eyes to see two glowing green eyes looking down on him.


“ What will you do if I do this?”, he felt a pair of hands around his neck, choking his windpipe with incredible strength. He panicked but he remembered his training. He could not panic, he just need to loosen up so that he will have more time to think on his next action.


But this time, it was different. There’s nothing he could do. Suddenly, the binds loosen and he dropped to the ground. Solid ground. He took deep breathes and looked up.


The pit was now illuminated with red eerie lights and he gasped when he saw his hyungs stuck in their own personal web trap.
The figure with the glowing eyes was revealed as the girl wearing a pair of night-vision goggles in a harness.
She grinned as she slowly landed on the ground.


“ You look taller than I expected. Don’t worry, I won’t hurt you yet. It will ruin my plan if you go insane. You see the chair behind you. Sit”, Hyuk did as he told, feeling so confused and scared.


“Let me tell you a story. A man who wants to become a king failed in his attempt. Seeing injustice in the system, he decided to build his own kingdom. It grew and grew with every evil he took over, more followers came. He thought to spare his daughter from the growing darkness so he sent her away. But, the usual cliche’ thing happened : he got betrayed and was killed”.
“The daughter was kidnapped and was forced to join the kingdom. They need her because she had her father’s brain and they are going to up their game with bio-weaponary which they can’t do and organise without her. My question : is the girl evil like the people around her or you can say something else rather than gaping at me?”.


“ I don’t know”, Hyuk honestly replied. He knew the world is more than black and white but as his hyungs said : he still have a lot to learn other than fighting.
The girl looked at him with some sort of understanding before walking towards him with a creepy smile plastered on her face.


“ I was expecting you to come for a long time but you managed to surprise me with your tactics. Years and years of planning and building my web, I was waiting for the baits to come and finally, it’s here”, she laughed.
“ I am going to have lots of fun with your seniors. I don’t need you here, really. You just run straight and you will find the exit. You can leave this secret agent business. You are young and handsome too, you should be an idol. But if you insist on saving your beloved teammates, I dare you to destroy my webs. I dare you”, she pushed him to the ground and there were tears in his eyes.


Then, the sadness was replaced by a look of pure fury.


“ I will go but you are stupid to think that I will not come back. I will destroy your webs, that I’m sure of. Possibly with flamethrowers”, he spat out the words and he ran into the darkness. The girl just watched with a pair of sad eyes.


“ Maybe in a different situation, you and I could be friends. We are the same age after all”, she muttered. The she looked up, grinning. She had work to do.



 
Leo groaned when he felt a stinging sensation on his forearm. He opened his eyes to see the girl injecting a red liquid into his arm. Suddenly, he felt so disorinented and the girl was the only thing he could look at.
“ What happens when I touch you?’, the girl poked his shoulder and he unexpectedly enjoyed her touch. It brought him a sense of joy and he smiled.


“ Now, now you look better when you smile. But unfortunately, it will not last long”.
Suddenly, he felt so hot that he thought his body was burning up from the inside. He screamed in pain as he struggled against the binds.
“ Shuush, shush. I will not drive you crazy”, she poked him again and her touch was pleasantly cold.
“ But you are going to be really numb after this”.



She sighed as she looked back at her plans. She had sent Hongbin to the e house ( which VIXX never find and destroy it), Leo to the torture room ( a lot of the criminals here like to beat up the infamous lion), Ravi to the underground morgue and N was on his way to the VIXX’s headquarters with her specially-made bomb. Only Ken was left.


She turned around and saw him lying down peacefully in the casket. He reminded her so much of her brother who had died during a crossfire between a gang and the police. If she put flowers in the casket, it would reminded her of his coffin.


“ Can I sing while you work? You did ask to listen to my voice”, Ken had talked to her when she was working on a plan to hack a business company’s bank accounts.
“ I know that I’m the prisoner here but at least I can make a cute girl like you to smile”, he winked at her.
“ You think I will let you go with flattery? I think you are the same as Hongbin”, she smiled back.
“ Ok, you caught me. But I’m bored. Let me sing. Plus, Hongbin is not a playboy. He doesn’t even have a girlfriend”.
“ Just sing ok”, she talked back with irritation. “ I know, I know”, she muttered.


She would send him upstairs, in a box that said ‘ Fragile ‘. She wrote a note and pasted on the box.
“ For the lighting maintanence. Do not open before the handyman arrives at 9”.
She pasted another note on Ken’s clothes.
“Just do your job well, oppa”.
She laid her head beside his and imagined for a few seconds that he was her brother.



 
She sat down on her chair, feeling really tired yet satisfied. She glanced at her watch, knowing her plan would go on smoothly.


The bomb planted on Hakyeon’s body would start ticking at VIXX’s headquarters at 8.57 p.m.
Leo would be dragged into an automated prison cell at 8.58 p.m.
Ken would wake up by now and had set up the bomb at 8.59 p.m. She must admit, he was fast.
The serum she had injected in Ravi should have kicked in right now and woke him up from his deep sleep after being frightened to death. ( He’s not really dead)
Hongbin would be dragged out of the e house and was about to be shot dead for not corperating at 9 p.m.


Then, the van that brought Hongbin there would blow up near a gas tank, destroying the house with huge fiery explosion at 9.01 p.m.
Then, the electromagnetic bomb on N would set off, shocking some of the workers there at 9.02 p.m.
The warehouse’s electricity was out when an explosion erupted on the upper part of the building at 9.03 p.m.
The prison’s cell’s door were now opened at 9.03 p.m. and Leo should be out right now with the other innocent prisoners who got caught by the organisation.
The ground shook at 9.04 p.m., as Ravi set off an explosion in the morgue with the remote-controlled explosive she had carefully hidden in his body bag.


She smiled even though the pit was beginning to shake. She smiled even more when the self-proclaimed boss came down through a secret elevator at 9.05 p.m.
“ You did this?”, he growled at her.


“ You know my father hates loose ends. I ‘m sure he wants his kingdom to fall like he did. He wanted to be the only man to once completely control the criminal world”, she calmly said.
“ I will kill you”, he shouted and shot her in the shoulder. She just laughed, not wanting to give him pleasure to see her in pain.


“ I pretty much sure you are not going to be the one I will last see before I die”.
“Yeah? Why’s that?”.
“ Because she and I had unfinshed business together”, the boss dropped to the ground, the bullet hit directly at where the heart should be.


Hyuk emerged from the darkness with a gun in hand. He rushed towards the girl but a fiery beam fall between them.
She looked back at him and she laughed.


“ I guess you don’t need to bring your flamethrower, Hyuk. I hope you forgive me for lying to you about escaping”.


“ Girl, who build a door that sprays choloroform at people? But I still need to get you of here”.


“ You don’t want to thank me for the gun, the letter and the cute spider flashdrive?’,she pouted.
“ I will thank you later. But we need to get out of here”, Hyuk screamed at the odd girl.


“ You will learn something, today, Hyuk. Some people just can’t live normally”, she told him before flashing a smile. She pushed a button and a harness quickly wrapped around Hyuk and carried him upwards.


When she realised she was alone, she finally cried.



 
Hyuk gloomily looked out the window, the party behind him was no fun at all.The agency was celebrating their success, not only from the downfall of the organisation but also the capture of the spies in the agency that had leaked information to other criminal parties.


It all thanks to the electromagnetic bomb on N that sent shocks to some of the double-faced workers who wore a specific kind of watch, a watch wore by all of the members of the organisation.


They were also celebrating the return of their captured agents and other law enforcers who had managed to escape with the help of Leo.


The kidnapped girls from the e house was saved from the fire with Hongbin guiding them out. The girls was sent to the hospital and their homes, the expenses was covered by an anonymous account, which after much investigation, contained stolen money from a business company under the XXX organisation.


The numerous criminals who once worked with the organisation were successfully put in jail, some facing harder punishments. It would never work without the valuable information in Hyuk’s spider flashdrive.


Ken and Ravi was celebrated as heroes for managing to complete their mission on destroying the headquarters and escaping in time.


But the six battered agents knew the real truth. They were not the heroes. It was her, the now late daughter of the late crime lord, Kim Najun. Her name was Kim Sohyun. She lived a normal life, studying as a student in chemistry and also biology before being kidnapped.


It was because of her, N was saved from being shot by a guard hidden behind him.
It was because of her, Leo was numb against the torture inflicted on him.
It was beacuse of her, Ken and Ravi managed to set up the bombs again which had been modified by her and they escaped using the plans she left inside Ravi’s bag and Ken’s box.
It was because of her, Hongbin was not affected during his stay at the e house, the drug she gave him made him focus on something else. Luckliy, she administered the right dose because it wore off when he was finally dragged outside.
It was because of her, Hyuk was determined to come back. When he woke up near the exit, he saw a small bag containing a watch, a letter of instructions, a gun and the flashdrive.


Hyuk sighed before he got patted at the back. He turned around and saw the others behind him.
“ Hyukkie, don’t be so glum”, Ken gave a small smile.
“ I just can’t forget about her. I can’t believe her last words are ‘Some people just can’t live normally’”.
“ I guess she’s right though. She was so used to devising plans for the organisation against her will, it almost break her apart. She knew, she will never heal after that and probably the fear of becoming like her father caused her to think she have to die too”, N explained with a sad look on his face. “ But, it’s sad. Just sad. It’s ok, Hyuk. You had done your best”.



 
They all returned to their dorms with their spirits deflated. Hyuk opened the flash drive again, trying to put off sleep because he knew he could not sleep. He found a folder that was separated from the rest with the file named     ‘ For the last person I see before I die’.


He clicked it and he saw a video of Sohyun, at her table in the dimly-lit pit.


“ Hi, if you are seeing this, that means I trusted you. Yes, yes I’m dead at that time but that’s too cliche so I change the line a bit".
“ I always dream to be a hero, to save people. That's why I want to be a doctor, an extraordinary doctor who can maybe find a cure for Alzheimer’s or something. But I’m stuck here, working with an evil organisation”.
“ But that do not means that I could not work on my dream. I did some research, working with bad guys did have its perks with the lack of regulations and I did find something.”
“ To whoever who finds this, please pass it to the Little Pearl hospital near the seaside. I was born  there and I think they deserve some attention with a ground-breaking discovery. You don’t need to reveal my name”.
“ As a reward, there are a few files in this folder with plans of some awesome gadgets I designed. You can sell it off or bulid it for yourself, I don’t care. Anyway, I need to go now because some super top secret agents are coming and I need to prepare. Tadaa”.


Hyuk clicked one of the files but was greeted by a game consisting of lines forming a web. The instructions told that to access the files, he need to destroy the spiders on the web and destroy the weblines one by one in three minutes.
“ Ok, this time I will destroy your web, Sohyun. This time”, Hyuk said with a smile.