One

Living Lies

"Youth,

is beautiful and dangerous.Some survive and some not"

 

 

He sighed as he let himself get drenched by the rain.He relished the feeling of the rain pouring on his body.Jungkook faked a smile and put his arms out as if he was flying except he wasn't.He was not free,he was caged-in a cage that was invicible to everyone.He could feel his body went numb with the continuous pouring of rain but he couldn't care less.He wanted to forget about reality for awhile because he was hurting.No one didn't know and he was going to keep it that way.He was going to lie to himself like he did to everyone.Jungkook felt his phone vibrated as he took it out and answered it.

"Jungkook here!"he said cheerily as if he wasn't doing anything depressing.He ran to search for shelter while,he waited for the caller on the other line to answer him.

"Kookie..I need your help"the person said and he could feel the fake smile that he put on,dropped.Jungkook wanted to say 'no' but he couldn't.He closed his eyes and forced the words out,he crossed his fingers as the words rolled out.He knew what he was going to say but he wished the outcome was different except,that would never happen.

"Where at ?"he asked to the latter and he clenched his hands into fists.He was slowly walking towards an abyss where he tried to avoid for so long.Jungkook was doing it again.It was a bad habit,he knew it but it was as if he was addicted to it.

"Han River"the other caller said as he immediately ended the call.Jungkook sighed and shoved his phone back into his jeans.He walked under the rain,without any protection-like his vulnerable soul and heart.

[]

By the time he reached his destination,the rain had already stopped but he was drenched from top to bottom.His eyes scanned the place and Jungkook faked a smile when he saw his small group of friends.

"Surprise !"yelled one of his friends as he slinged his arm around his neck,not noticing that Jungkook was shivering slightly.He let out a laugh that sounded awkward but they didn't notice.They never noticed.

"What's the surprise again ?"Jungkook asked while,his eyes bounced curiously to every each of them.All of them looked at him as if he had grown a horn on his head and the tallest one flicked his forehead out of habit.

"It's your birthday,idiot"Namjoon hissed and Jungkook only grinned at him.He never remembered his birthday,it's not even that important.Actually,he hated his birthday because it reminded him of the day he was born.The day where a mistake happened.He was the mistake.He could feel the tears welling in his eyes.

"You guys are so annoying,"the youngest male uttered as he wipe away the welling tears.Jimin flashed him a smile as he put his snapback onto Jungkook's head.

"Well that means you are a devil then,"the latter joked as he flashed a toothy grin.Jungkook could only scoffed at Jimin's words and punched him playfully on the shoulder.The latter acted as if he was in real pain as he winced while,the others only rolled their eyes at Jimin's antics.

"Seriously though,why are you guys here?"he asked as he shoved his hands into the pocket of his jeans.His hands were getting too cold.All of them looked confusingly at him.

"It's your birthday today right ?"the eldest asked and Jungkook only shook his head in denial.He looked at every one of them and smiled-a smile that can't even be considered as a smile but the others were too confused to notice it with the dim lighting.

"You guys must have mixed my birthday with someone else"he showed a toothy grin as he let the words settled in their minds.He lied.

[]

"It's beautiful isn't it ?"he spoke the words as he watched the horizon.It was beautiful but beauty don't last long-same goes to life.Yoongi who sat beside him looked at him skeptically.The older male could only nod his head in agreement,not caring if the latter sees it or not.He was too lazy to move the muscles of his lips.Jungkook could only sighed as he reached his hand out towards the sky as if he was trying to catch something.Yoongi saw what he was doing and looked up at the sky,thinking there was something interesting.

"What are you doing ?"he asked.The younger one only paused for awhile as he let his hand out towards the sky and a smile broke out on his handsome face.

"Trying to catch freedom,happiness and so many things"

"That doesn't even make sense"

"Nothing makes sense,it's the way the world revolved"

"I don't get it"

"The world is beautiful and mysterious at the same time so,I just hope we don't fall into the wrong hole"Jungkook said.He was already heading towards that direction though and he knew it.

"I hope so too"

"You know what?"

"What ?"

"I'll miss you guys"

"Are you going somewhere ?"

"I was just saying.I'm not going anywhere"Jungkook laughed as he said those words.It was true though,he wasn't going anywhere.All of them had dreams,him for that matter.He doesn't have any and he doesn't see himself in the near future.Actually,he felt like dying and maybe just maybe,his life would end today.He looked at the other members and he knew that their friendship wouldn't last long.In the end,no one wanted him.They were the ones who would leave him.

[]

He walked slowly on the way back home as he could feel his heart became empty at the thought of home.Usually,people would be happy to be back at home but he wasn't.Besides,no one wanted him there.Jungkook sighed as the cold wind hit his face and he pulled the hoodie of his jacket onto his head.

"When will my life end ?"he mumbled to himself as he kicked a small pebble.Tears welled and he felt the burden on his shoulders.No one knew,no one noticed.He was dying slowly inside.Jungkook let his head fall and watched the road as he bumped into people.He just kept quiet and feigned ignorance.He was tired of being nice and act like nothing happened.His whole world was already crumbling from the very day he was born.His whole body was shaking.

"Could this day be any worse ?"Jungkook whispered to himself as he wiped the tears away.Embarrassed of himself for crying too easily.

[]

The lock of the main door to the house clicked open as he quietly crept inside the house.Jungkook closed the door and prayed to God that his parents were already asleep.He crept across the living room and the lights were so suddenly.He was caught in action.Jungkook froze in his place and he could feel shivers down his spine.

"Where the hell did you go ?"his father asked as a hand came striking on Jungkook's face.The young male could only scoffed and glared at him,making his father fume in anger.

"You're just a piece of and you still don't know where you belong"he punched his son on the stomach,making him fall onto his knees.He laughed and his lips tilted upwards forming a wicked smile.Jungkook could only braced himself for the worse as he closed his eyes.

"I guess,I have to teach you a lesson,then."his father said and beated Jungkook to a pulp.

[]

Jungkook stood in front of Jimin's home as he shifted side to side.He coughed and he covered his mouth with his hand.He looked at his hand and Jungkook could only frown at the amount of blood he had coughed up and wiped it on his jacket.He reached the phone in his jeans and dialled Jimin's number.He didn't answer on the first call.He called again until Jimin answered,he answered on the third call.

"Dude,why are you calling me in the middle of the night?,it's already 3 in the morning"the smile that was on Jungkook's face dropped instantly as his right hand was clenched tightly to form a fist.

"Can I crash at your place,hyung ?"he asked,hoping that Jimin would still take him in.

"No way,dude!I'll be dead if my mom knew that I let any one in our house without her permission"

"Only this one time,hyung"

"Go to a hotel or something.You're rich, aren't you?I didn't became friends with you just for nothing"

"I knew it.I hope you ing die in hell"he splurted the words out furiously and immediately throw his phone out of anger.He felt betrayed but the pain hadn't felt that bad because he always had a nagging feeling that they were only friends with him because he was rich.Finally,the tears flowed down and he didn't bother to wipe them away.

" !"he yelled out loud and stormed away from Jimin's house.He was angry but the throb in his heart felt much more stronger.Jungkook didn't know what to do as he breezed his way through the people.Funny,how people didn't notice how pathetic he was looking.For once,he was grateful for people's ignorance.

[]

He was walking aimlessly and he couldn't see properly with his eyes swollen and the tears b.Jungkook was trying to cross the road when a car was driving too fast towards him and he never noticed it.He only felt the impact of the crash as he flew across the road in midair and landed somewhere.He coughed out blood,he couldn't breathe properly.He didn't felt any of his limbs,he felt numb,he couldn't feel anything.Slowly,his eyes were closing without he was noticing.Was he going to die like this?If so,he rather die like this because he knew no one would care.His heart ache at that thought but he knew better than to hope.

Drip,drip.His tears fell and he let his eyes closed.Suddenly,there were arms around him and a breath near his cheeks.His eyes fluttered open as he struggled to register that person.It was a girl and she was a total stranger.She talked to him but he couldn't hear anything.Slowly,he closed his eyes again and a smile etched on his face.

At least,one total stranger cared for him without knowing his status,problems and name.Maybe,he could die peacefully.

[]

Hey guys!

Anyway,did you guys like it?Maybe just maybe,I was thinking to make it a sequel but should I?Tell me,if you want me to do because I want to hear some suggestions.I got the inspiration from watching BTS' prologue.I originally wanted to make V as the main character but I don't know.Maybe,it's because of Jungkook's age so...I made him the main character.I felt depressed nowadays so,here I am writing this.I hope you guys enjoy reading this as much as I love writing this.It's my first time writing a oneshot.Please comment,love!