E P I L O G U E

The Voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOONA'S POV

 

"Ahhh~ We are finally back in Korea~"

 

I was the one who suggested to go for a short getaway to San Francisco. I couldn't go alone due to the language barrier so I decided to drag Tiffany along since it's her hometown anyways~

 

Oh, Tiffany is my childhood bestfriend other than Yuri. Even though we are a year apart, we've always play together, attending the same school until the year when she finished high school, she suddenly broke the news that she had to go back to America due to family reasons. You wouldn't have imagined how happy I was when I heard that she's moving back to Korea last year with her husband; I was over the moon.

 

"We've only been away for a week!" I exclaim and roll my eyes at her.

 

"Yah! A week is actually pretty long alrights!"

 

"Oh~ you mean one week is pretty long because you couldn't see your TABI OPPA?"

 

I purposely raise my voice, teasing her on our way out.

 

Choi Seunghyun is a handsome young man that Fany unnie met in America; he's even more handsome than Kwon Jiyong~  I heard from her that they have been together since they were in high school and they got married when she's at the age of 23. Gosh, America is sure different.

 

Fany unnie isn't even affected and is looking around as if she is trying to look for someone. "Your husband isn't coming to fetch you?"

 

"Nah, I'm not as lucky as you, he's too busy with his work~ I am used to it~" I shake my head and reply jokingly.

 

"You can come with me, I'll ask your Tabi oppa to send you home. Besides yo-"

 

"Unnie, just get going! I can see oppa already, go quickly~"

 

I chase her off before she can say anything.

 

Yes, Jiyong called me the night before, telling me that he's unable to fetch me at the airport due to his work. He had been rushing to complete viewing all the reports.

 

As if he can hear me talking behind his back, a phonecall comes.

 

"Yeobo~"

 

"Yes, Mr Kwon?"

 

"I'm sorry~ Did you ask Seunghyun to send you back?"

 

"Nah, I'll drive myself. I left the car in the airport last week anyways."

 

"Alrights, drive safetly. I will see you at home tonight~ Love you~"

 

"Love you too~"

 

I can't help but to have that silly smile on my face after that call. Even if it's only a week, it feels like a month for me. Not able to have him by my side before I fall asleep, that feeling .

 

☯☯☯☯☯☯

 

It feels so good to be back at home. I don't even bother to unpack the luggage, I quickly wash up and plop myself onto the bed. Staring at our wedding photo right infront of the bed, with him hugging me from the side, planting a kiss on my cheeks with me smiling blissfully towards the camera.

 

We're curently in our second year of marriage, we decide to settle down last year with a beach wedding which both of us prefer. My condition is definitely getting better, I can even speak without stuttering now.

 

I'm not sure if I am experiencing jetlag or because of other reasons. My eyelid is getting heavier and heavier as the picture of our wedding photo in my eyes gets blurrier.

 

I am too tired to even open my eyes. All I can hear is the unlocking of door as that famililar sound of footsteps get closer to me.

 

"Babe..."

 

"Mhmm.." I mumble as I feel that familiar warmth on my cheek as I struggle to open my eyes.

 

"I'm back," his lips come crushing onto mine, kissing them so passionately. I can't help but respond to them even though I am really sleepy, I miss them dearly.

 

After for god knows how long, he let out a chuckle and pull away.

 

"Are you gonna open your eyes or not, Im Yoona?"

 

"I'm still sleepy~" I reach out instinctively, hugging his waist, trying to go back to sleep.

 

"Yah yah, it's already 7pm, wake up for dinner. You haven't had anything since the afternoon right?"

 

"I miss you." I open my eyes and see him smilling at me, the smile that I love the most.

 

"Get your up, sleepy head~" giving me another peck on the lips, "and I missed you too~"

 

Next moment, I am right in his arms. He scoop me up and walks towards the bathroom.

 

"Go wash up and come out for dinner. I bought your favourite, seafood~" He gives a few pats on my head as he walks out.

 

☯☯☯☯☯☯

JIYONG'S POV

 

I can feel her stares on me, or I should say on my rice.

 

"Why? You are still hungry?"

 

She nods and starts to whine.

 

"Can you give me some of your rice? Pretty pleaseeeee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter