▽ ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS。

▽ THE HELLSPAWNS : audition now。

ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS

homePROGRAMMEADMISSIONappreviews

   

WELCOME TO THE CULTURAL MOSAIC OF AURORA.

— The Aurora Archipelago is a cluster of islands just a few kilometres southeast of Okinawa, making it a world-renowned tourist destination. Initially a colony under the British Empire, it was granted its autonomy upon the turn of the 21st century, although the Auroran demographic remains to be dominated by Asians, granted its location in the East China Sea. Comparable to other nations, the Aurora Archipelago’s culture is significantly more liberal, having its primordial influences under British rule. That isn’t to say that Aurora in itself is devoid of any discrimination in terms of race, gender, ual orientation, or economic standing, though the austerity is substantially more subdued in comparison. 18 years old the legal age, though the age of consent remains to ((un)fortunately) be 16. Educational systems follow a peculiarly western curriculum, therefore the school year may not coincide with those of the neighbouring countries.

 

THE REVERED AURORA ACADEMY OF THE ARTS.

— Aurora Academy of the Arts, more commonly referred to as “A3” by word of mouth, is an esteemed high school—not only within Aurora, but within the continent entirely. With notable alumni nonpareil in their craft, international students and local students alike compete for the privilege of being accepted into this fine learning institution. It is located in the Central Aurora Metropolis of Boreas City, overlooking waters reflecting its soaring skyline.

— The Triple Threat unit is a unit instilled in the junior and senior curriculum in which the performing arts (specifically vocalists, dancers, and actors/actresses) are to switch classes for two months. The first cycle follows vocalists to be placed in dancing, dancers in acting, and actors/actresses in singing for the first rotation, with the duration of the classes lasting a total of 30 days. The second cycle would then proceed in placing vocalists in acting, dancers in singing, and actors/actresses in dancing, with another duration of 30 days. This is established in order to ensure the success of the school’s yearly musical productions which attract international entertainment agents and university department heads keen on scouting potential talent.

— The Joint Choir is an extra-curricular activity mandated by the Music Department in which Instrumental and Vocal students are to converge once a week after school in order to prepare for repertoire for the upcoming music festivals the school will be partaking in. Senior Joint Choir attendees meet on Thursdays, and Junior Joint Choir attendees meet on Mondays.

— The school requires a student to volunteer for a minimum of 40 hours in order to receive a Boreas Secondary School Diploma (BSSD). (“We like to call it the Bull- School Diploma—“ “Shut the up, ! Han will roast you.”)

— Reading through the programme list, you will notice that the arts students are all assessed through auditions. The Visual Arts Department requires for a student to showcase their portfolio; the Drama, a monologue and a quick improv; Dance, a one-minute dance routine, followed by a 30-second improv; Instrumental requires two contrasting pieces in the instrument of your choice (preferrably Jazz and Classical), followed by some sightreading; and lastly, Vocal requires two contrasting pieces, a vocalise, and some sightreading. Every student is expected to be in the least bit knowledgeable in the history and the basics of their major upon auditioning, and will be given a 15-minute quiz to gauge their knowledge. The General Academic Major department does not require for a student to audition, though to test the student's intellect, the department will demand for school transcripts as well as a standardized test in order for General Major students to gain admission. Every student wishing to attend A3 are to partake in an individual interview after the standardized testing.

— The uniform policy states that students are to wear white oxford shirts tucked underneath a pair of black trousers (which may be altered to a skinny fit, should a student request for it at the uniform garments shop). The oxford shirt contains a left pocket with the Aurora Academy of the Arts' insignia, A3, embroidered on it in black, and the black uniform sweater is customizable so that along with "Aurora Academy of the Arts" embroidered in all-caps, a student may wish to have their last name and department embroidered at the sleeves.

 

PERSONAL INFORMATION.

ETHNICITY: Asians only, as Aurora contains a multicultural Asian majority.

HOMETOWN: If you’re going to make your character a citizen, just put in that they’re from Boreas City. It’s the most significant fictitious place in the story anyway, so there’s really no point in delving more into the nitty gritty details of Aurora’s countrysides.

AGE: 16-19 is fine. Please state the international age. With regards to years, that would mean I am only accepting from 1999-1996, my reason being the fact that people may stay for an extra year or two because they want to do some extra courses (or they failed a year). I would prefer characters be born in 1998, only because that’s the actual graduating batch of 2016. Characters born in 1999 are obviously juniors, but they can still be a part of the squad.

FACE CLAIM: This will get controversial, but I don’t care. Using idols born in the year 1997 and younger is prohibited as I’m not comfortable bringing up somewhat ual themes when I’m using Jungkook’s face for a character. I’m just saying. I love to sin, but I still have some holiness in my life. Idols/models/actors/ulzzangs/anyone with a good gallery—have fun with your selection.

MAJOR: ABSOLUTELY. NO. DOUBLE MAJORS. Your character is a teenager, for Christ’s sake. Be realistic. You can’t expect teenagers to balance two stressful majors on top of their academics and social life. They’re human. It’s also extremely complicated for me to write that in, so for my sanity and yours, don’t.

PERSONALITY: Have fun and do whatever you want. If you want to prep them up, or make them extremely emotionally constipated, I’m not stopping you. Please give me a diverse range of characters, and avoid Mary Sues. Remember that you're writing about teenagers, and that means they're less adroit in using their prefrontal cortices when it comes to solid decision-making. Regretful choices are inevitable.

BACKGROUND: Don’t exaggerate this section. Write what you want to write, though I would ask of you to write at least 2 paragraphs for the sake of character development. Don’t be lazy with this as it’s an important section for your character. Write what made them who they are today. Angst it up or crack it up, do whatever floats your boat, but please know that moderation is key.

LOVE INTERESTS: 100% OPTIONAL. I give you free reign on this. LGBTQ+ is fine (gay marriage is legal in Aurora). Feel free to use whoever you want. Idols/models/actors/ulzzangs/ocs—whatever, I’m not one to restrict you. Speaking from experience, you get a little gayer as you progress in high school, so even the straightest straight-as-a-flag-pole idiot will still have a trickle of gay in them. If that doesn't sound good to you, there's the exit to your left.

 

BROWNIE POINTS FROM MAX.

— So, It really isn't hard to get on my good side, guys. I don't really have any soaring expectations from this fic because it's a cliché, and it's really just here for s and giggles. I'm not really expecting an influx of applicants either, so like, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Just make sure that you elaborate on your points and not give me a single paragraph of personality. Put some effort into it! ୧༼✿ ͡◕ д ◕͡ ༽୨

  1. Scene requests are really motivational for me, so like, I would appreciate it if you guys wrote a little something there in the app. They make me smile.
  2. Who doesn't love neat apps? I'm a er for them, especially when you guys colour code your headers and subtitles and stuff—adorable! Pretty gifs are fine too, you know? Just design the app to your liking!
  3. If you include my characters into your apps, that would be really sweet. They don't have to be the best of friends. They can just be acquaintances or the type of people to have never really talked to each other despite being in the same class for years. It's up to you.
  4. The ratio of girls to boys in an arts school on average is 3:1. I'm not even joking. This school is going to have a majority of girls, but I really appreciate male apps. Platonic broships give me life.
  5. EXO/BTS/Red Velvet/Wonder Girls + Sohee (sobs softly)/Mamamoo/CLC/BtoB/IU—these are face claims I'm extremely weak for. YGK+ and Esteem models have great faces, and personal favourite ulzzangs of mine would be Yoon Sunyoung and Byeon Jeongha. Ahyun is also nice. And model-turned-actress Stephanie Lee + Ahn Jaehyun + Lee Jongsuk. #aNYWAYS
  6. THE P@SSWORD IS A QUOTE FROM YOUR CHARACTER IN THIS FORMAT: "quote here" —your character's name, the year the quote was uttered. (FOR EXAMPLE:  "That performance was the pinnacle of dog." — Kim Jongyul, 2014) PLEASE LINK THE QUOTE TO A SONG THAT WOULD FIT YOUR CHARACTER OR THIS STORY.
  7. PLEASE CONFIRM WITH ME ANY INTERPRETATIONS YOU HAVE OF MY CHARACTERS. THE EXAMPLE APP IS CURRENTLY IN THE WORKS, AND ALL I CAN PROVIDE ARE A PARAGRAPH OF DESCRIPTION FOR EACH! IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION, PLEASE LEAVE THEM BELOW!

SOURCE CODE — ENROLLMENT SUBMISSIONEXAMPLE 

INTRODUCING: THE TWIN SET

THE MOST ELUSIVE brothers ON CAMPUS. APPROACH WITH CAUTION.

KIM JONGyul

It is elementary, my dear friends, for Kim Jongyul to carry an intrinsic air of benign gallantry. In his gait alone, people witness a the defeaning aura of his confidence, with his obnoxious laughter carrying throughout and a raucous voice carrying through the halls, much to the teachers' dismay. With silken ebony strands framing his angular visage, they amplify a pair of hooded eyes that cast a look most staggering, smouldering gazes appearing arbitrarily if only for a second before they vanish into an inexplicable expression that leaves his peers suspicious of such ambiguity. His gait towers among the majority—a physique that isn't exactly the tallest (which that head Chanyeol triumphantly rejoices over) though his height is adequate enough of a blessing for him to look down most during wrongful confrontations. With a penchant for the outdoors, a trait he shares with his twin, Jongyul's sun-kissed complexion is significantly darker in comparison to the sea of East Asians dominating the student demographic, though he remains unhindered by the aesthetic standards of the east, as a literal walking personification of tall, dark, and handsome. Lord only knows how his classmates in instrumental music could survive spending four years in the same room everyday with Kim Jongyul, as the percussionist is only capable of either dissipating or causing lethal dosages of tension.

PERFORMING ARTS — instrumental MAJOR

KIM JONGIN

Clad with an air equally as brooding and mesmerising as that of his identical twin, Kim Jongin's aura of intimidation wanes upon seconds of interaction with him. The regal poise in his every step; the low timbre of his voice as he calls for the attention of his friend in the subtlest of ways; the sensual yet masterful elegance that is laced within his every step—it's all a trap! What Kim Jongin is truly comprised of are that of smiles as radiant as the sun, as he casually latches on to his peers with a gaze most loving. His eyes may be identically dark to that of his older brother's (they're twins after all!) though what sets him apart is the gleam ever-present there as he dedicates his undivided attention as though the matter is what his world gravitates upon. The roseate tresses that are swept casually to the side appear ever-so-flattering to the golden glow of his skin, the splendence of his personality along with his appearance all the more augmented beneath the sun. In contrast to his brother's unreadable air, Jongin remains an open book, written declarations of his emotions swirling in eddies that accompany his compassionate gestures, warm, sweet, and caring through and through. Distilled with the adventurous spirit of his youth and driven with the occasional urge to stir innocuous mischief here and there, Kim Jongin is certainly no knight-in-shining armor, for is merely your average boy next door with a hint of modesty and chivalry that his twin clearly lacks.

PERFORMING ARTS — DANCE MAJOR