▽ ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES。

▽ THE HELLSPAWNS : audition now。

ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES

homepROGRAMMEADMISSIONappreviews

PERFORMING ARTS

 

DANCE DEPARTMENT

Much like the Drama majors, it would be unfortunate for students to wander into the school's Dance hallway during the time interval between periods. Limbs tend to fly everywhere in a flurry of synchronised precision as their music blares through expensive speakers, the ground shaking in tremors as they rehearse repetitively in order to attain perfection. Oftentimes, the school's speakers would be crackling as the announcer proudly heralds the awards raked in by the Dance kids during competitions, and as wonderful as that sounds, it would only be appropriate that they do so considering how much of a nuisance they are. Typically the most athletic of the bunch, their contributions to the school's sports teams are recognised by many.

PERFORMING ARTS

 

DRAMA DEPARTMENT

Aspiring thespians often crowd the hallways already littered with gridlock as they rehearse their blocking with calculated precision, therefore it only goes to show how much the majority of the student populace despises these kids. Their curriculum is among those of the most intensive in comparison to the other departments which therefore tend to place a label on these kids that they strive only for meticulous perfection. It appears that some sort of hierarchy does exist within the drama department, though their respect for each other remains neutral, having gone through thick and thin. With that being said, a ninety mark in Drama is guaranteed to be impossible since their teacher, Mr. Lee, tends to either be either sociopathic or crazy.

PERFORMING ARTS

 

VOCAL MUSIC DEPARTMENT

Sharing a portion of the building with the instrumental students, the student community's hatred for the most obnoxious of the bunch is glaringly obvious. As they compete with their fellow music majors for soundproofed practice room bookings, they do frequently arrive to a compromise where the vocalists elect for rehearsing in the staircases due to the substantially augmented acoustics. Truth be told, they only adore being heard by the entire school population as their loud (and occasionally cacophonous) voices echo all the way to the third floor where the General Academics majors proceed with their mundane schedules (see: actually learning) in peace. Dominating the school's performance productions, they do seem to be known for two things: their stellar performances, and their intellectual inferiority with regards to music.

PERFORMING ARTS

 

INSTRUMENTAL DEPARTMENT

Ambling through the hallways with their enormous musical instruments (or tiny, should one be lucky,) oftentimes, these children are subjected to the mischief of other students as they find themselves expertly weaving through purposefully placed obstructions. Rather than a department, the instrumental music kids resemble a family; they on each other, they support each other, and if you squint, their interactions are truly affectionate. It is proven that the pursuit of music is known to boost one's IQ and seeing as how this department is home to some of the smartest of the bunch, they may as well be a living stereotype. Their lack of respect for their sister program—Vocal Music—is appalling, yet truly understandable as they truly are the superior department.

FINE ARTS

 

VISUAL ARTS DEPARTMENT

As the sole department responsible for the Fine Arts, it is truly unfortunate to say that the visual arts department is the least funded among others. Traditional artists have developed a keen ability to scavenge for art supplies in their storage closets over time, salvaging whatever they could of drying pots of Venetian acrylic as they negotiate over the monopolization of particular mediums. At times, they do spend their own money for better quality supplies which altogether spawns a sense of resentment between the Fine Arts and Performing Arts departments due to the school's blatant favouritism. Additionally, these students are among the most well-behaved of the lot as their curriculum lacks the restriction and austerity evident in the Performing Arts.

COMPREHENSIVE

 

GENERAL MAJOR DEPARTMENT

These children serve no purpose to the school's artistic legacy and are accepted into the General Academics program solely to increase the student populace. The competition for the school's acceptance in this department equals that of the arts though the students are assessed through their academic performance alone—no audition required! While they do have the privilege to opt for arts courses in their elective slots, they are not granted the same opportunities as the other students regarding membership to the school's arts-exclusive extracurriculars. Arts courses for General Academics majors are profoundly less intensive. In addition towards figuratively acting as "cannon fodder", these students' contributions only pour into the school's national academic ranking which altogether makes them expendable.