Chapter Six

In The Other World (On Hiatus)

Hi! I'm back~

It's finally holiday!!! I'm going to work hard catching up with this, I feel sorry for my reader who wait sooooo long for an update.

I appreciate comments, especially critical comments and subscribe (or upvote) if you liked this story~

That's all from me, see you again...

Mylovely readers~ Have a nice day and happy reading ^_^

 

 

--------

 

He wake up with a jolt, sat up while his breath coming short, heart beating frantically that he didn’t hear anything but the sound of his own heartbeat. His damp hair sticking to his forehead, his face slick with sweat and beads of them rolled down from his forehead. He tried to calm his heartbeat by exhaling and inhaling slowly, his eyes adjusted to the darkness of the room and looking around seeing the mess of clothes in the corner, scrunched paper everywhere then finally settled at his lap. His breathing and heartbeat become normal, lifted his shirt to wipe his face. His throat feel dry so he swing his feet and got up heading to the kitchen to grab water, the hallway and the rest of the house is dark but he maneuvered easily. He switched the lamp in kitchen taking out a bottle of water from the fridge and drink big gulp of it. The water eased his dry throat but not his jumbled thought in his head and the rush of emotion that still thrumming through his body. He seated himself on one of the chair, slumped forward resting his elbow on the table. His mind going back to the dream or should said nightmare, he took a shuddered breath and let his head fall on his palm. He sighed loudly then stayed silent for a minute and slowly stretched his hand out and resting his head on them. He feel exhausted, his body numb and heavy, his eyes hurt and wanted to close so he given up to them and closed his eyes.

 

-

 

He felt someone shaking his shoulder slightly, he protested by letting out a grunt but the person didn’t stop instead shook harder.

“Yah! Hyung!” the voice said on his left.

He openend his eyes because whoever this never going to stop until he wakes up. He lifted his head and looked to his left, the frown on the man face disappear when seeing him wake up and turned up slightly made it to a heart shape.

“Hah… You finally wake up.” The man with brown hair that styled to show his forehead said, he stared at the man and scanning the room, realizing he’s in a classroom. “The class is over and it’s lunchtime now but you won’t wake up and I’m hungry.” The man said with a whining voice that shouldn’t be right for a man and rubbed his stomach.

He rubbed his eyes and straightened his body, “Yeah, yeah, sorry. It’s just so boring I fell asleep.” He said while standing up and picked his bag.

“You’re lucky I’m kind enough to wake you up Hyung or you would sleep through lunchtime.” The man said with too much self-confidence while they walked out of the room.

“Mm, Thanks” he said with sarcasm leaking through his tone.

“Joonie must be waiting for us, he keep sending me text to hurry up.” The man said while checking his phone.

They walked through the hall packed with people to the canteen, then walked to one of the table where one man with blonde hair seated that waved his hands. He followed the man with brown hair that speed walked to the table with a slow paced step. He seated himself in front of the both of them, the blonde man has one of his hand draped at the brown man shoulder that sat beside him. The blonde man turned his face to the other and received a peck on the lips by the latter, both of the grinning after that. He watched all of it with a grimace.

“Namjoon, Hoseok.” He called them making the both man looked at him. “Both of you sickeningly gross…” he said while making a disgusted face.

“Awh, hyung… you’re just jealous that we have each other and you didn’t have someone for you.” Hoseok said while cooing at him while Namjoon just grinning smugly.

“Oh… God no, not at all. I’m quite satisfied with myself, I don’t nee-” his sentence cutted by Namjoon.

“Don’t say that you don’t need someone, you need them. Because you barely eat when you’re working, your apartment is a mess because you’re too lazy an-“ Namjoon sentences also cutted by Hoseok.

“Hush, Joonie. You’re one to talk, I am the one who always take care of you and Yoongi-hyung.” Hoseok stated while Namjoon pouted and he gaping at them.

“Okay…” he sighed “Enough about this, it’s not the right time to talk about it. I’m hungry, I want my favorite.” He said lazily while resting his head on his hand on the table.

The two of his friend gawked at him “This is why I sai-” Hoseok started but stopped by Namjoon who grabbed his boyfriend hand and said “Hobi..” with a shake of his head. Hoseok sighed and standing up with Namjoon and said“Okay, hyung. Stay here we’re gonna get our food.”.

He hummed and the two walked to the food stand, he looked around aimlessly then stopped when he didn’t find interesting thing. He searched his earphone put the buds on his ear and plug it on his phone. He took his notebook and pencil out and started to write some lyrics for the beat he created. The lyrics seem to be flowing through his mind smoothly, so he write them on the paper frantically didn’t want to lose focus but apparently the flow slowed down until he stopped his hand midair. He scanned the words on the white paper scribbled hurriedly, mumbled them to the beat but he still stuck in there. He then decided to look up and find inspiration, so he looked around again then his eyes caught something. The group of five people walked to a few table in front of him, the thing that caught his attention is their hair color. One of the male has a bright red color and the other with jet black hair, the three girls have bright hair color, orange, blonde and black with light green at the end.

Well he knows one of them, the one with jet black hair is Taekwoon the rest he didn’t know. He observed them one by one, the guy with red hair is loud and has a boxy smile, the girl with a black-green hair seated beside Taekwoon and they seem close, the blonde girl always reprimand the red haired guy to slow down or low his voice and the girl with orange hair just smiling while talked to the loud guy seemingly not affected by the loud voice. When he observed the orange hair girl closely he furrowed his eyebrow, he didn’t sense it on the first time he saw them but now he can sense it. The girl is overflowing with magic, it strong and basically radiates from the girl body. Who’s this girl, he never met someone that have so much power like this even his grandfather didn’t has this much power. Before he could stare even more tried to observe her figure closely his two friend blocked his line of view by seated in front of himself.

“Geez, that girl didn’t even apologize I don’t like that type of- Yoongi?” Hoseok said making him look at his friend. “What are you frowning for? We barely gone for five minutes and you’re frowning at us?” Hoseok asked with a face said ‘Seriously?’

“No, It’s not that. I just thinking about something.” He said while waving his hand and reached for his food.

Hoseok just shrugged his shoulder and started eating occasionally feeding Namjoon, he rolled his eyes at their lovey dovey act. He tried to peer through Hoseok and Namjoon to catch the girl with orange hair but after three failed attempt he gave up and continued his eating. When they finished eating, he stands up while saying that he going to go first to his two friends and look straight to the table where the girl is but it already empty. He walked to the exit while subtly looking around to search for the girl but found nothing, he proceeded to his next class at the end of this building.

The rest of the day he tried to find that girl again but no luck for him the girl seemed to be gone from his vision. He sighed while walking slowly toward the parking lot where his car is, he massaged his forehead because he started to have a headache from thinking so much. He got in his car started the engine and driving out of the university. When he arrived at his apartment, he flopped down on the black couch and pull out his phone from his pocket. Scrolling through his contact list, tapped at his father number he waited the call to be accepted. After the fourth ring his father pick up.

“Abeoji..” he greeted simply.

“Oh, Yoongi. How are you and your college?” His father bass voice greeted him back.

“I’m fine, college is fine too. How are you and Eomma?” he asked back.

“Yeah, we’re fine. But your mother complained that you didn’t call last week.” Her father chuckling can be heard.

“Tell her I’m sorry, had to finish many assignment.” He chuckled with his father, imagining his mother complaining to his father.

“So, Yoongi what’s up?” his father tone is serious, as expected from his father always can sense him.

“Yeah, I just wanted to ask something. Do you ever meet with someone that have power as much as grandfather?” he asked and waited for his father answer.

His father is silent for a while maybe thinking, “No, your grandfather is the only one I ever met with strong power. Why? Do you met someone with power that stronger than your grandfather?” his father asked with curiosity.

“Yeah, today I met her. She has so much power but I didn’t sense it before I land my eyes on her.” He answered truthfully.

“Her? Really?” her father asked with a hint of recognition.

He raised his eyebrow at that. “Yes, it’s a girl maybe younger than me. I tried to find her again to make sure I’m not mistaken but I couldn’t find her. Do you know something, Abeoji?” he asked confidently.

“Hm…I don’t know for sure Yoongi. But I think your grandfather might be mentioning about something like that.” His father answered with some uncertainty.

“Yeah? I didn’t remember grandfather ever mention about this.” he stated while tried to remember.

“You should ask your grandfather directly, Yoongi. I think you must discuss this as soon as possible.” His father said with serious tone.

“Okay, then..” he stand reached for his bag and seeing his schedule. “I’ll be going back to Daegu tonight, I don’t have class for tomorrow and the next day is weekend.” He said.

“That’s good. I have to go back, see you soon Yoongi.” His father said.

He hummed and ended the call, then he typed a message for his friend to tell them he would be back to Daegu for the weekend. Namjoon replied back after he sent it, saying have fun and send his greeting to his father and mother. Hoseok replied with so many emoticons and said that he must send him a picture of his mother because Hoseok miss the woman. He replied to them then cooking himself ramen for dinner and packing his clothes.

When he arrived at his house in Daegu he greeted by his mother hugging him tightly. His mother ushering him to just sleep because it was near midnight, he obediently did what his mother said. The next day his brother woke him up, bumped their shoulder when they walked to the kitchen saying his little brother is not little again. He smiled at his brother and teased the other about his fiancé, he greeted his father and grandfather on the dining table. Pecked his mother cheeks when she looked at him, earning a gummy smile from the woman. They eat breakfast with little conversation here and there, and he figured he missed this while smiling fondly at his family. After that he seated at the couch with his mother and brother, catching up with each other lives. The conversation lasted until afternoon, they have lunch without his brother because the other has an appointment with his fiancé. He finally talked to his grandfather in the evening while they’re seated at his grandfather room.

“Grandpa, are you already hear from father?” he asked while tipping his head back.

“Yes, I heard. You meet this person with strong power, stronger than me.” His grandfather said with a calm voice.

He hummed and looked at his grandfather after he crossed his legs to feel comfortable. His grandfather face is calm but he can feel the seriousness from the other eyes. “Do you know about them?” he asked while staring at his grandfather with the same seriousness.

“To say I know them is a lie, but I know their existence even before you born. I know it from a friend.” His grandfather eyes seemed to glaze like the older is replaying some memories in his head. “My friend said that in the future there will be born someone with a strong power.” The older returned his gaze at him. “A power that can control over the elements in the earth, the person is the one who got a power of the strongest magician.” His grandfather finished.

He kept silent while absorbed the new information, the strongest magician and that power is now bestowed on a girl. He looked back at the older, contemplating his question but seeing his welcoming smile on his grandfather face he decided to ask.

“Why the strong power from the greatest magician is given to a girl?” he asked with a frown.

His grandfather seemed taken aback with his question but recovers fast and smiled amusingly at him. “Are you saying a girl can’t take or deserve such a strong power?” the older asked with an amusing tone.

“Wha-? No! That’s not what I mean, I’m not looking down a girl. I mean tha-” he said flustered but his grandfather cut his sentence.

 “That how can a girl carry such a big burden on her shoulder? That she maybe doesn’t have a strong mental or strong body to withhold all the things. Is that what you want to say?” his grandfather said with a knowing smile. He looked at the older man speechless, he just nodded his head solemnly. “You know Yoongi, woman is not as weak and vulnerable as we think. They can be a strong willed, determined and most importantly because their soft-hearted side and their instinct to protect someone important to them are what we must respected. Because I already met a woman like that, my friend, your grandmother and your mother.” The older man said while a fond and loving smile adoring his feature. “Do you get it, Yoongi?”.

“Yes.” He breathed while remembering his grandmother and his mother. “They can do so much for their important person with determined mind and deterring effort to do the best. And despite their much smaller form than male they surpassed that wall of hard work.” He smiled at his grandfather thanking the older man.

“Now, you can tell me about your college and your composing.” His grandfather said while standing up and seated beside him on the bed. He grinned and began telling his live on college and his hobby at composing.

 

It was three days after he got to talk with his grandfather and staying at home in Daegu. He still looking for that girl, wanted to see her power and his attempt always failed at the end because there’s no sight of the girl. He was walking through the street to the coffee shop not so far from his apartment, he need a refreshing time and he decided to buy an cup of ice Americano then went to the park three block down from the coffee shop. The park is where he usually went when he need an inspiration with assignment or lyrics, he neared the park that he noticed the lack of people around. Well that’s unusual because in this time of day the park is full of people, but then he sensed the magical power around the park. The magical power around the area is made for preventing people to go to this area, he immediately knew this is the girls doing. Because who can cast this kind of spell other than a strong person, he fastened his step to get to the park. And true to his expectation the girl is there standing her back to him, her orange hair blended with the color at the sky that painted with a mix of orange red and yellow.

He stood there too stunned to move, the wind blew through the area making her hair moved rhythmically with the flow of wind. She turned her body to the right where the source of wind coming from, he looked at the way her lips lift up forming a tender smile and her eyes that looking up slightly her gaze is gentle like she looking at somebody but he clearly didn’t see someone or something there. Unexpectedly she started to talk but with the distance he could hear what she’s saying, the wind blew again as she stopped talking but this time it blew slowly and with a gap of time between each blew like the wind is trying to say something. He watched fascinated when the girl talk again and the wind blew again making the girl giggle softly, his body seemed to respond to him again so he take a step forward still maintaining his gaze at the girl that still talking to the wind. Each step he took making him could hear the girl voice, it’s soft and melodious and he could see the girl side profile better. The girl stopped talking abruptly while the wind seemed to stay still when he was a meter away from her, she turned her body towards him.

He finally saw the girl face clearly now, her round brown orbs staring at his own, her button nose, her chubby cheeks and her plump lips. They stared at each other for a while, their surrounding seemed to blur into blankness and then she smiled serenely, her lips stretched up making her cheeks to go up and her eyes forming a crescent. Just when he saw that his body seemed to be acting strange like he could feel himself slipped from his own body, what he didn’t expect is he actually separated from his body. Because he could see himself in front of him, he looked down at himself that floating near his body that still faced the girl. He closed his eyes when pain shooting through his head while hissing softly, when he opened them he saw the girl with him or should he said his body standing there beside the girl looking at him. The two have a smile displaying on their face, he thought that his body there have it own will or it was not him but his other self.

‘What’s happening? Who are you two?’ he said to the other two.

“You know me, I am you.” The other him said with a smile.

“It’s me Yoongi, don’t you know me?” the girl asked with a tender smile while stepped forward.

‘What….?’ He said before the pain from before came back making him scrunched his face and letting out a hiss.

“Yoongi you must remember me…” the girl said with an desperate voice.

“Come on Yoongi, you can do it! Don’t give up to them, ignore them.” The other him said with urgency while stepped forward too.  

He opened his eyes that he didn’t remember when he closed them, looking at the pair who looked at him worriedly. ‘I-I ca-can’t…It- It hurts…hurts…’ he said between his ragged breathing while clutching at his head. The pain now went through his body, the pain in his head increased making his vision slowly blurred. He barely saw the pair stepped forward while feeling his body to go numb. He heards they’re shouting his name desperately and tried to reach him before his vision turned black.

“Yoongi!”

He jolted awake while sitting up abruptly, gasping and sweating so much that his shirt sticking to his skin and his hair cling to his forehead. He heard shuffling and whipped his head to the sound, meeting the gaze of four pair of eyes looking at him back. His wary demeanor melted when he saw his friends there looking at him with worry, uncertainty, and uneasiness in their eyes.

“Hyung?” Taehyung was the first to break the silence calling him softly.

He closed his eyes and calmed his beating heart and regulates his breathing to normal before looking at them again with a small smile to ensure them.

“You okay, Yoongi-ah?” Jin said while taking a step closer to him.

“Not really…” he said with a hoarse voice.

“Do you need anything?” the oldest asked and sat down at the end of his bed.

“Water.” He said and Namjoon already stood up and walked out to take the water for him.

“Do you have your nightmare again hyung?” Hoseok asked while the younger and Taehyung moved to sit at the floor beside the bed.

He just nodded didn’t comprehend his answer because this not his usual nightmare but he ignored them to wipe the sweat from his forehead, seeing that Jin moved to his drawer pulling out a towel and gave it to him. He took it and started to wipe his face and neck, Namjoon was back with a glass of water handing it to him. He drowned the water in one gulp, put the glass on the table beside the bed. He then remembered that he out on the kitchen table, his friend must be the one who took him to his bedroom. They have a spare key to his apartment it’s their agreement between each other, he felt lucky to has this kind of friends. His thought got interrupted by Hoseok.

“You passed out at the kitchen, hyung. We didn’t want you to have a sore back so Namjoon carried you to bed.” Hoseok said.

“Why are you in there, hyung? Namjoon asked while sitting beside Jin.

“I…I was having the usual nightmare and wanted to have a glass of water to calm down, but my body seemed to be tired and I out in there.” He said while looking at their face that have the same expressions : worried.

“And you just have the nightmare again just now?” Taehyung asked with his tentative deep voice.

“Uh… I think it’s not the usual nightmare…” He said unsure with it.

“You think? What do you mean, Yoongi?” Jin asked curiously.

“It’s not the nightmare where I watched someone death or where I’m the one dying or where I tried to reach for someone figure.” He said slowly. “This time it’s different.” He looked down at his lap while remembering his dream.

“Why it’s different hyung? Is it not making your heart hurt? But you wake up like you’re pained though.” Taehyung said while furrowing his eyebrow making the younger look adorable, Hoseok smiled fondly at Taehyung also seeing the adorable look of the younger.

“Well, this time I’m not just watching but I’m there like you know…” he said and looking at them hoping the to understand, they nodded, “It’s actually like an ordinary dream you have, I met Namjoon and Hoseok there but they definitely different.” Namjoon and Hoseok looked to each other and shrugged but Taehyung pouted, he knows the younger is upset he’s not in the dream while Jin just stared blankly at him. “At there, power or magic do exist and I have some kind of them to from my grandfather in there.”

“Woah! Magic? Really? I want to have it too!” Taehyung acclaimed while his eyes sparkled.

“You can’t Taetae, remember this is just part of dream.” Jin said with an amused smile making Taehyung whined and letting out ‘Aw~, too bad’.

Jin word seemed to bug him ‘part of dream’ but it felt real, too real for him but he continued anyway. “Then I met this girl with orange hair who has a strong power, I attracted because her power and tried to find her and wanted to know about her. I asked my grandfather and found out she has the strongest magician power with her. After that I found her at the park and she was talking to the wind.” Taehyung interrupted again.

“She talked to the wind!?!” Taehyung screamed making Hoseok flinch and Namjoon hissed softly.

“God damn Taehyung! Low your voice!” Namjoon said while glaring slightly at the younger making the other frown but Hoseok patted Taehyung head smiling softly earning a smile back.

He chuckled “Yeah she talked to the wind, I approached her then she looked at me when I’m near.” He took a deep breath while remembering her face. “She’s beautiful but she seemed familiar.” He said with a furrowed eyebrow. “But suddenly I felt pain on my head and I separated from my body.” this time Hoseok was the one shouted.

“What!?!” Hoseok is looking at him with big eyes but seeing his amused stare he coughed and looked down. “Continue please.” Hoseok said.

“I was confused and asked what’s going on, who are them because there’s another me beside the girl looking at me. The other me just said he’s me and the girl asked me to remember her because apparently to her I know her.” He glanced at his friend. Taehyung and Hoseok listened with curiosity and Namjoon listened calmly, while Jin staring at him with something he could describe in the oldest eyes. “The pain from before returned and spread though my whole body, the girl said I must remember her and the other me told me to fight the pain. But it’s too much I felt my body numb and I black out and wake up.” He finished while remembering the look of desperation on both the girl and his other self.

 Taehyung and Hoseok started to gush and blurted out string of amazed stare and word of silliness about magic and all. Namjoon argued with them while Jin and him smiled at their act. The rest of the day he spent with his friends making his thought about the dream slipped through his mind.

 

 

------

Oh by the way, I write another Yoonmin story and it's fluff not like this angsty story. So if you interested you can read them.

Here the link : http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1160616/be-with-you-yoonmin-yunjae-bts