CHAPTER I

HEARTSTRINGS

I

 

 

 

"Till I Met You, i really don't know how is it to feel how to care, to dream, to love someone. It feels like every day this feeling inside my heart keeps on getting bigger and bigger. All of these just came in until the day you came in. The second, every minute, and the moment i met you. I am going to love you more each and every day"

 

 

 

TIMOTHY POV

The moment this girl came into my life, it seems like all of a sudden, my lifeless life turned like my rainy days into a warm sunny ones. The pains transformed into delighted happiness that seemed to be never ending. I infact was grateful for that.

I was a boy with so much freedom in life. People who sorrounds me, pictures me as a little kid who can get everything i wanted. A boy blessed with money and fame. Being the only son of a world renowned musical artists, fame and talents are bestowed unto me where infact a worthless thing to me.

But when this girl came, so much had changed. Melody…I remember the girl Melody. I was infact inlove. Inlove with the fact that i met her in such an unexpected way. Every minute of that moment seems to be so vividly clear to me. Her beauty, her feminine scent just like a full blooming pink roses in spring and the thing that made me closer to her, Her Voice.…

 "Tim?… Tim?! Wake Up"

I was startled by that shaking. Shoots. Interrupted again. By Mino again?! This man could really end up in a trash bin if i wanted to. If only, he was not my bestfriend, i wouldve landed a big blow on his face.

"Ohmm. What?" i said annoyingly while in a half awake state. "Shees, Mino-ah, can you just refrain from interrupting my much deserved sleep?"

"Man, i really needed your help, I really do Tim." Mino pleaded in a very humorous manner. Seriously, what is with him? The Great Actor of South Korea is now acting like a whimpy kid. If i only have my phone, i wouldve taken a photo and upload to into Instagram to see that the dashing actor that they are going gaga with is now officially a joker. Unbelievable.

 "Ah. No. Whenever you ask for my help, i always end up getting messed up. No. Mino. No. Can you just let me pass this time. Go and ask Anthony for help. Call Him or Kent. Not me." I coldheartedly turned him down. Atleast for this moment, just once. Can i have a sleep. A peaceful one. But Mino is a persistent one.

"Please Tim, I really do need your help."

 "Okay Okay, Just to make you stop!" Finally, i gave up.

"Can You compose me a song. A Song for someone. About a girl who make you feel as of like you're heart is going to explode. Feels like your having butterflies in your stomach. What kind of emotion is that. Shoots, its on the tip of my tongue…"

 "…In Love" we chorused.

"Seriously? Are you really serious Mino huh. I really can't take seeing you like this. Oh Boy. The South Korean Actor, Mino Song is now acting like a confirmed idiot." I hilariously teased which obviously annoyed the hell out of him. Teasing are part of our Brotherly bonding and we already used to it. Unbelievable, Mino is really in love right now.

"Aish. Can you just do it Tim. Come On, i am asking you to do it."

 "So who's Mino's girl?"

"Ya! Can you just stop asking. And do it Timothy!"

"I am not going to do it, unless you'll tell me"

"Why would i?"

"I really can't believe you'll be able to ask a favor to me like this. It feels like a whole new different Mino"

"Well, stop asking and do it. Just do it and i am expecting for it by next week. Come on, You're a renowned composer so you should fimish that in just 3 days. I am expecting man. And don't try to ask again, this is just a matter of those who are in love."

"Gross. Can you hear what are you talking right now? Youre geting cornier than what i have expected dude. Okay, i will do it"

"That's more like it Tim. Okay i gotta go now."

"What a cheezy man"

 "You'll never feel unless you already fall in love. Okay Bye dude"

As i can see Mino exiting the auditorium, i was left alone again. Speechless. Speechless to what he had just said. That word "You'll never feel unless you already fell in love". Hell yeah, i know how it feels. I really do. But in my case, i fell in love with a girl whom i left in the past. A girl whom catched my heart but hurted in the past. A girl i left but still hunting my present. The she i wanted to go back with.

 The auditorium seemed to be so quiet. Stage lights shone brightest and it feels like its gleaming so majestically in a dimly environment. I can see myself playing to that glass piano at the center. Playing a piece that make me peaceful. A song that'll take all my thoughts into space leaving me temporarily calm.

It's my day off from a week of Musicals. It so nice to see myself being the one used to be dreaming that maybe one day i'll be the one who'll be singing on stage but now i was able to do so. How far have i already reached. It so nice to reminisce all those things that made me what right now. A man who was able to do the things he love. A man who was able to continue spreading Music.

I started to walk upstage and closely walk towards the glass piano at the center with a big spotlight shining above it. I sat down amd started feeling some keys. My fingers started to tap some keys. C's to E's and after that i couldn't stop from finally playing. The place was filled up with the sounds that i am making by playing that piano. My eyes started to close and started to feel the melody and eventually started humming. That humming became singing…

SONG:

CONFESSION

Nam TaeHyun (WINNER)

Credits: YG Entertainment

"When I wake up, I don’t like mornings without you It feels like something’s empty I want to put you by my side and look at you so only I can have you Iwant to give myself to you baby

I’m going to tell you right now I hope you will smile

I’m confessing now, I want to make you my girl Iwant to open my eyes with you, smile and kiss you Just stay bymy side This is my confession

Honestly, I’m not agood guy, there might be times I make you cry But I promise there will be more days when I’ll make you smile I want to hold hands and watch movies Like the beautiful stories in song lyrics Just the two of us

I’m going to tell you right now (please my baby) Ihope you will smile

I’m confessingnow, I want to make you mygirl Iwant to open myeyes with you, smile and kiss you Juststay bymy side

From the moment you came to me My world only had you in it, I want you, I want you With your soft voice, tell me you love me Then time will stop

I’m confessing now, I want to make you mygirl I want you to be in my arms when I wake up every morning Just stay like this

This My Confession"

ACK!

After that heartfelt song, a lound thump from afar caught my attention. It was a bit darker on the side so its harder for me to see who's that tresspasser is. I stood up and step down from the stage.

"Who's there?" i was determined that it was a tresspasser or an outsider this time since the production team for the musical isn't here to set up the stage or even the technical team since it's their off. I also remembered that the janitorial services isn't arount this time.

"I repeat. Who's there? If you're not going to speak up then i am going to come there and hit you" I waited for seconds and still unresponsive so i am left with no choice but to come and investigate but when i am going to further search.

"Tim!" a loud voice interrupted me. And it turned out to be …

"Guys? What are you all doing here?" Anthony, Kent, and Paul were smiling. Three of my four bestfriends.

"Is that the new way to greet us Timothy? How rude of you." Kent said

"By the way, What are you doing there? You look like a vampire hiding from where it has no light. Mino said he's going to be here. Where is he now?" Anthony added

"Ah. Our Mino seemed to be upto something kinda crazy. A whole lotta crazy thing.

"Why is that?" Paul asked while i am on my way to them.

"He asked me a favor to write a song for him. At first, i was annoyed but you know how persistent that guy is so i said yes."

"Song? What's the occassion"

"That's for the girl he likes right now"

"Is there any latest news. It seems like Mino having link to him is no new."

"Atleast this time, he is the one making an effort. It seems like he's the one who's inlove. And by the way, there's a difference between being linked with who and who and being inlove with who and who"

"Whatever dude. Come on let's go, we'll going to visit Sarah's new Cafe. It seems that our Anthony's girlfriend is preparing being a good wife."

"That's good news bro! I hope we'll be able to hear the wedding bells soon"

"Not too soon, we've just recently became official and i don't want to rush things. But we'll be able to reach that stage but not this time. We're a lot younger. I am going to enjoy being a good and loving boyfriend for the meantime and when the time comes, i am going to prepare a special proposal."

"Dude, you're making me sick again but its nice to see how happy you were with her. But enough with vanilla chocolatte with cherries on top words. It makes us cringe"

"Okay. So what are waiting for? Aren't we suppose to head to the café now? By the way how bout Mino?"

"Nevermind Mino, he didnt say anything. Probably he's on his date that girl right now"

 

 

 

 

MELODY POV

"Good Morning Sweetheart! How's your sleep?" Mom greeted me with a warm smile while sipping a cup of warm coffee. I was in a slightly half-awake state while yawning for two to three times.

 "Good Morning Mom and Dad, Good Morning Little Candy." i kissed them on their cheeks while Daddy is busy reading todays latest news. Candy, my younger little sister was eating her baby cereal.

Mother is on her early 40's but nevertheless, she had still been blessed with Candy. I mean we had been blessed to have Candy. My parents work together for our family finances. We may not be the wealthiest family but we are the wealthiest when it comes to family bond. Dad works as a company driver of a well known Financial Corporation and Mommy on the otherhand is working as a babysitter since she could not afford leaving the home and Candy unattended.

Being the eldest one, it seemed like pressure are being put on me. I know that it is indeed my time to help them in anyway i could even in just a small way. Many things had happened in the past that tested our family and most especially me. Now that i had given the chance to see what it is like to live like a normal one capable to see the world, its my turn to help them.

 "I thought this week's your Audition. Isn't that right Mel? You better take this ginger tea to help your voice from that audition. And i really do hope you'll get the spot." Mother said reminding me the audition for the musical play that i have been praying to land a role on.

I've been into a lot theatres and musical in the past. Be it just a small production, i will gladly accept that. I do not know why but it is the only way for me to enjoy the craft that i loved and the way for me to help my family in terms of financial aspects even though i am only receiving not that high salary. Well, what can you say, if you love something you should endure the bad things that comes along with it. In my case, Singing is the greatest craft that i had the chance to enjoy so i wouldnt mind the shortcomings of the career that i chose to select.

"Is it Today? Seriously? Oh My Gosh. I totally forgot about it. Gosh, why am i stupid like this" I shook my head in my most annoyed way.

"What is that huh? Are you being possessed or something Mel?" My father teased

I hurriedly went up while having a handful of waffles stucked inside my mouth while runninh fearing that i would've be late for today's musical audition. Gosh, its the musical of my life. Ive wait to land a spot on this one and i really can't afford to lose this once in a lifetime chance.

 Heartstrings. That is the musical that i have dreamed to land a spot on. Reasons? First, this is the first musical with a big production having various veteran and professional actors and actresses included. Well, i really want to perform as one of those hopefuls together with those well known and respected names in the world of musical and theatre. Second, this is my first big musical that i am auditioning to. Nervous, Yes. Well if you say that you have a respect and love for your craft, there are some instances that your nerves are making it a bit nervewracking for you. Third, Timothy Nam.

I had a big admiration for him. I was infct a big fan. Hearing all of those songs that he composed, i was in awe. How could he be so musically and lyrically gifted? He could compose a song in just one day if he could. He was gifted with a very pure and angelic voice that could melt everyone's heart. Funny, eventhough he didn't know me personally, i could feel that i have known him for a long time. His voice seems to be familiar to me, the voice that seems i have heard in the past. Anyways, i couldve been hallucinating.

"What! It's only thirty minutes left. Mel, you should hurry up. This is really unbelievable. How could you forget something that means much for you?" I scolded as if i was talking to myself. I grabbed my big sweater and my navy blue jeans and hurriedly put up my sneakers.

Before leaving the house, i bid farewell and kissed my parents' cheeks in a rush manner. This is what i have get from being irresponsible. So Annoying. I run as fast as i could and reached the bus station in no time. Good thing, the bus is already there waiting for passengers. If i didnt reach it waiting, i wouldve end up waiting for more 20 minutes for the next one to come.

Minutes and i already reached the bus station few meters from Hanlim Theatre. I ran and ultimately reached my destination with only five minutes left. I am literally grasping for air. So exhausted. I took 20 seconds just to take a little break and decided to inquire to the guard.

"Sir, i am Melody Kim. I came her just to ask if the audition is still on. I have a audition pass. The audition for Heartstring Musical" i decided to get my audition pass inside my bag but before i could do that…

"Sorry Mam, but the audition was moved tommorrow. We had been advised that we will be able to inform about the sudden schedule change."

 What?! I have rushed just to get here for nothing? I am really upset that i could cry however, it would be too embarassing to cry in front of that guard. Now what do i do? I really cannot believe that i almost rush my way just to get here for nothing.

"Didn't you get any message from the coordinators? Sorry Mam but it had been moved tomorrow"

"Do you think if i got a message from them, i would rush like this? Sorry sir but i am really upset. It's okay, i will just go back tomorrow and i hope it won’t be moved again. I know it’s not your fault sir. By the way, where can i find the restroom?"

 "Inside. Just go straight down the hallway until you' reach the auditorium's door, the next door right next to it that is the restroom"

"Thank You Sir."

 I entered the theatre and was amazed how well designed it is. From the interiors, it is definitely beautifully designed. You could feel the American 60's era from it. Such a retro vibe. I reached the restroom and then minutes later i returned back but i was intrigued by the auditorium. Can i look inside? Well it will not hurt if i look inside right?. I decided to open the door and fortunately it's not locked.

The place was a bit gloomy. I scanned the whole sorroundings and i was surprised to see that the piano started playing from the centerstage. The spotlight hits the stage so beautifully where the piano is and…

 Is that Timothy Nam? Gosh. He is playing a song now. I was thrilled to see how beautifully played it is. Seeing him singing that song so passionately is the most beautiful thing that i have ever seen. Is this the way he performs live? No wonder why he became widely known. He is singing with so much heart from it that i became speechless. The song was about confessing to a girl he really liked. Who is that? This song seemed to be well written and beautifully composed but why would i have these kind of strange feelings that i couldnot explain towards this song? Infact, it is the first time i have heard but why am i feeling these kind of emotions?

After performing, i decided to step back and return outside. But…

 ACK!

 I accidentally tripped myself. How clumsy am i? Melody youre going to be busted. It seemed Timothy noticed the sudden scream from afar. I decided to slowly and to quietly hid myself from the side. If he'll be able to catch me, i would be so dead. My life would be so done. I could feel him closer to my hiding spot. No please. I was literally trembling.

But…

A voice called him from afar. It might be his friends. But whoever they are. Thanks for them. I was relieved. I was almost caught by him. I ultimately exited the room as if nothing happened. I dashed outside and bid farewell to the guard. What a day!

I decided to take a coffee from the coffee right next from the theatre. I acted coolly as if nothing happened. But i could see my hands trembling. Gosh. What a day. As i enter the cafe's door…

Splash!

Not again. Why am i so unlucky these days. A cup of cold frappe were accidentally thrown into me.

"What the… Are you even looking to where you are heading? Gosh. That's an expensive frappe. Are you stupid or something?" The lady aggravatingly ranted. Whoa. Is it me the one who get wet from that frappe? As i look up to see who is that lady…

Oh My Gosh!