Best friends.....Yeah....Sure....Whatever.

Best Friends...Yeah...Sure...Whatever. [oneshot]

A TaeMinzy oneshot fanfiction brought to you by VIPBlackJackShawol


 

Is fame really a boundary for "friendship"? Well, should it be a boundary "friendship"? I don't know what answer you're thinking about right now, but I guess the answer to the first question, for me, is yes.

 

 

That's the truth. Although it's cruel and all, I gotta accept the fact that he's already up there, while I'm still building my base in order to follow him up where he is now. Or maybe I'm not really gonna follow him, but more of like, meet his rank.

 

 

Oh yeah, my name's Gong Minji. And the "he" I'm talking about, he's Lee Taemin. He is my best friend, or should I say, was my best friend.

 

 

His name sounds familiar, right? Well, if you're thinking of the bubbly, charming, angelic, charismatic dance machine of SHINee "Lee Taemin", you're right. I'm talking about him.

 

 

You probably know when SHINee debuted. Let's see.... May 25, 2008, right? All Shawols should know that.

 

 

Well, a couple of years before 2008, we shared bunches of memories together. You know what usual best friends do: laugh, eat, play, cry, sing, dance, walk to school together, get mistaken as being in a relationship together...all those happened to me, to him, to us.

 

 

Before, whether you believe it or not, "BFF" also known as "best friends forever" was a really big trend, especially among teenagers at that time. I don't wanna sound old or anything, but of course, the term BFF was really popular among Taemin and I.

 

 

One day, Taemin, Taesun-oppa, and I, as little kids, were playing along the Han River, just right along where the soil meets the water.

 

 

"Mingkki-ah, look what I made last night!" Taemin exclaimed as he placed his hand in his pocket and started searching  through.

 

 

"Yah! Taemin-ah! I helped you made those!" Taesun-oppa pointed at Taemin who was proudly smiling.

 

 

"Go away, hyung!" Taemin said, and with those words, Taesun-oppa ran off to play by himself.

 

 

After he succesfully found what he was looking for, he held out a crookedly trimmed white handkerchief. As soon as I saw it, my lips swerved upwards and quickly formed into a wide grin, without my control.

 

 

"Aigoo! So cool!" I looked at him while he happily had his hand up in the air to show me his handkerchief.

 

 

"Aniyo~ This one's a lot cooler!" He searched through his pockets, and when he finally found what he was looking for, he looked at me with proud eyes.

 

 

"Jja-jjan!" He then held out a pink handkerchief towards me, making my grin extend up to my ears.

 

 

"Omo!" I exclaimed, pointing at the handkerchief he held up. It was pink!

 

 

"Look, it has your name, right here." He pointed at his white handkerchief. On the bottom right corner of his handkerchief, a word with a heart next to it was carefully embroidered in pink: "Minji"

 

 

"Take a look at your handkerchief, too~" Taemin pointed excitedly at my handkerchief. I searched, but found nothing. I turned the handkerchief around and found a word with a heart next to it carefully embroidered in white: "Taemin"

 

 

"Why is my name on yours and your name on mines?" I asked Taemin.

 

 

Taemin shrugged, "So you won't ever forget me."

 

 

I pinched his nose and with that, I stood up, backing away from the playful chase that was about to come after me.

 

 

And that was the story of how the term BFF applied to Taemin and I.

 

 

But I guess, there's no "BFF" anymore. Fame has blocked me from Taemin. Such a sad thing, huh?

 

 

Will this story get longer? No, let's make it short, but be patient.

 

 

As I saw SHINee's performance just yesterday, all the memories came rushing back in. Dara-unni even noticed it, too. "Mingkki-ah, you should be focusing on tomorrow's performance, you know," she said. I didn't really tell them about my past friendship with Taemin...



...FINE! I told them about it, but it was only an accident.

 

 

Today, as I sit backstage, I'm almost done looking over my thoughts. So much things are going through my mind right now: the viewers, the soon-to-be fans, the performance, the stage, what the other artists would think, what YG would think, what the BIGBANG oppas would think....Just too much!

 

 

One of the staff from Music Bank came rushing in our dressing room, with the much anticipated news the girls and I have been waiting for, "CL, Dara, Bom, Minzy, you're going live in 5 minutes! Ppali!"

 

 

"Neh!" CL, 2NE1's (our band) leader calmly replied to the staff from Music Bank. "Girls, you heard that? We're going live in 5 minutes. Do what you need to do before we go on stage, arasseo?" CL-unni said with a leader voice. YG really made a good choice on making her the leader; she's so smooth yet so badass at the same time.

 

 

I searched through my bag for something I haven't looked at for almost...12 years.

 

 

The pink handkerchief was still there, carefully tucked in the "secret" pocket in my bag. I took it out, and stared at it for a couple of seconds. I made my final decision then tucked it in the back pocket of my pants. Hopefully, the handkerchief won't fall out during the performance.

 

 

"Yeoreobun, gather around!" CL-unni said. I stared at her in confusion, then I realized that we were going live in less than 30 seconds. The rest of the girls including me and the staff in our dressing room gathered around in a circle "Let's burn the stage!" Dara-unni said. Everyone laughed, then CL-unni started counting down, "3-2-1 --" then the rest of us enthusiastically replied, "NOLZA!"

 

 

CL-unni went out the door first, followed by Bom-unni, then Dara-unni. I was on my way out when one of our staff yelled to me, "Mingkki-ah! Your phone!"

 

 

I walked over to the staff then she handed me my phone. On the screen, it flashed an unknown number, but I knew that it was a number registered in Korea. The number wasn't calling, it actually sent me a text message. Before I could have read the message, the staff called to me, "Mingkki-ah! 5 seconds left!" I nodded then read the message:

 

 

"Kick on your debut performance, Mingkki-ah! FIGHTING♥ white handkerchief♥ (remember?)"

 

 

"Aish! Mingkki-ah! Get out of the dressing room now!" The staff scractched the back of her head while she panicked.

 

 

"Unni, calm down~" I replied to her reassuringly.

 

 

I'm out the dressing room, on my way to the stage. The people I passed through bowed to me with respect as a new girl group is about to change the history of Korean Pop. Though knowing that I'm part of that girl group, one thing remained a lot more important to me:

 

 

Even after those years of being apart, my best friend still remembers me.