2. Paintbrush for Woohyun

Sonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

for lkimxxx , enjoy!

===

 

 

“Yah, Nam Woohyun, go now,”

 

Woohyun just groaned slightly when he heard a yell again. “Hyung, seriously, why do you need it now? The class starts next semester. It’s like, next year,” Woohyun said. “Practice makes perfect, I don’t like being in the bottom, Woohyun,” Sunggyu glared at Woohyun when he passed the couch. “But hyung, can I do it like, tomorrow?” Woohyun gave out his best puppy doe eyes, which failed miserably when he saw Sunggyu’s unamused face. “No, the sale ends today. Hurry and go before the shop close down,” Sunggyu said. “But-,” “Yah, Nam Woohyun, no buts or I will personally kick you out and drag you down,” Sunggyu said as he pulled Woohyun from the couch. “Okay, okay, geez, where are you going anyway?” Woohyun said as he stood up and took his coat. “Howon needs my help on his project and I promised to help him again. He’ll be here in five minutes, I guess,” Sunggyu said as he gave Woohyun some cash. “What kind of medical student ask a design student for help anyway,” Woohyun snorted. “And buy some cookies on your way home, will you?” Sunggyu said. “I will, don’t worry,” Woohyun said before he left the apartment.

 

Nam Woohyun sighed when he got out form the apartment building. It was cold and there was snow everywhere. The man earlier was Kim Sunggyu, his a-year-older best friend who took the same major as him slash the most annoying and grumpy roommate that ever existed in the human race, or at least Woohyun thought so. He goes to School of Visual Arts at Korea National University of Arts, majoring at Department of Design, and next semester, he and Sunggyu somehow ended up taking a painting class together, which is ridiculous according to Woohyun. He was supposed to be grumpier than Sunggyu that evening, the weather was a hell for him, it was freezing, Woohyun thought he could die.

 

There is a small art shop a few blocks away from their apartment and he often goes there to buy basic design stuffs. Sunggyu said that they were having a sale this weekend; Woohyun didn’t believe him at first because the owner of the shop was a really scary and strict lady, she once yelled at Woohyun for taking too much time for choosing a paper for his project. Woohyun frowned when he remembered the accident, how could she yelled at him when he was trying to made the best project ever. Unconsciously, Woohyun arrived at the shop, and as usual the smell of mahogany went straight into his nose.

Woohyun was about to reach his phone when he realized he was doomed. “Oh, ,” He mumbled when he just remembered that he left his phone. “Okay, okay, you are a big boy, Woohyun, it’s not that hard to pick paintbrushes without Sunggyu hyung’s help. They are just brushes, anyway,” Woohyun muttered as he strolled to the brushes section, while avoiding the owner’s gaze. He deeply sighed when he found the whole cupboard, filled with all kind of different brushes, simply realizing that he is doomed the moment he did not ask his hyung what kind of brush he needs. “Okay, this one look decent, I mean, it’s a medium-size, it’s red, I mean, professional painter uses red brushes, right? Gosh, why do I sign up for painting,” Woohyun muttered after he randomly pick a brush, which he only interested because he thought the color was cute.

 

 

 

 

“Are you talking to a brush?”. Woohyun jolted in shock when he heard a voice behind him. There was a girl, staring at him, and Woohyun can tell that this girl probably found him as a lunatic already. “No, yes, I mean, no, of course not, what are you talking about?” Woohyun let out a nervous chuckle. “You did,” The girl replied flatly. “I did not, I was just confuse, you know, this whole kinds of brushes are ridiculous,” Woohyun retorted. “Still doesn’t give you an excuse to talk to a dead thing,” The girl said. “I did not talk to a brush,” Woohyun replied with annoyed tone.

“Aren’t you a K-Arts’s student?” The girl asked him suddenly. “How did you know?” Woohyun was a bit taken aback. “Seriously, only the students from there buy things on this shop,” She replied nonchalantly. “You are not serious,” Woohyun snorted. “But you are a K-Art’s student, right? You sang on the stage with Kim Sunggyu last fall festival,” She said and Woohyun’s eyes widen. “Wait, you know Sunggyu hyung? Wait, no, you are a student there too? Wait, you watched me sing?” Woohyun blurted out. “That’s a lot of questions in one sentence,” She replied while picking brushes.

“What are you from and how did you even know Sunggyu hyung? I thought he is too lazy to socialize with people,” Woohyun said. “Department of fine art, and I knew Sunggyu because I was in the same art and science class with him, and for his defend, he is actually quite popular. On the contrary, I don’t know you even though you sang on in front of the crowd,” She replied casually. “You did not just call me unpopular,” Woohyun gasped. “I did not call you that,” She shrugged. “You did, in some kind of twisted way, I don’t know. And by the way, it’s Nam Woohyun, remember that,” Woohyun grinned.

“Oh, so you are the annoying one,” She said flatly while she was examining the pack of brush. “Excuse me, what? That is so rude for your information,” Woohyun pouted as he crossed his arm on his chest. “So, I was in the same photography class with this boy, Kim Myungsoo, he was my partner last semester and sometimes he rants about how annoying Nam Woohyun is,” She shrugged before she turned her gaze to Woohyun and it was the first time Woohyun saw her face; her eyes was hazel brown, it was kind of pretty. Woohyun fell into silence for a while.

“Well, thank you for giving me a reason to kill Kim Myungsoo,” Woohyun shrugged. “Well, don’t, at least not until I graduate,” She said. Woohyun just raised his eyebrow, amused. “What? We have been planning to team up for more classes we are together in since we are from the same major, I’m not going to break that partnership because I accidentally told his annoying friend how he rant about you all the time,” She continued. “And of course, Myungsoo keep his pretty friends only for himself,” Woohyun snorted. “I’m just going to pretend that you did not say ‘pretty’ because obviously you are trying to grease around,” She shrugged, again. “Huh, you are pretty and sharp, pretty sharp,” Woohyun grinned.

“So, Nam Woohyun-ssi, how do you know Sunggyu and what are you from,” She said. “He is my roommate for your information, and I’m from the department of design with Sunggyu hyung,” Woohyun smirked proudly. “Oh, so you are the annoying roommate,” She said nonchalantly. “Why do my friends, no - best friends, keep telling other people that barely know me that I’m annoying?” Woohyun groaned. “Obviously for a reason,” She rolled her eyes. “Did you find me annoying?” Woohyun raised his voice in annoyance. “No, you were rather weird,” She said. “Don’t worry, I’m not going around the campus telling people how Nam Woohyun from design major, talk to a brush,” She quickly added. “Besides, I don’t remember painting become a compulsory class for design student,” She raised her brow, in confusion this time.

“It doesn’t, it never is,” Woohyun groaned again as he threw his hand to the air.       

“We, I mean Sunggyu hyung and I aren’t even suppose to take painting, but Sunggyu hyung insist that we should fill our leftover credits for more useful thing rather than left it empty and in this case, painting is very useful, again, according to hyung,” Woohyun blabbered. “So, Sunggyu forced you to take the class,” She snapped. “Well, I kind of agree with him, and my mom too, so you can’t really put it that way,” Woohyun shrugged. “But after seeing all of this ridiculous brushes, nope, I’m regretting this,” Woohyun shook his head.

“Brushes are not ridiculous, you are. And painting is not that hard,” She said. “Will you teach me then?” Woohyun suddenly beamed. “No,” She answered flatly before handing a pack of brush to Woohyun. “It’s the pack for beginner, should be useful for you and Sunggyu,” She said. “Oh my goodness, you are my savior, thank you so much, um, what’s your name again?” Woohyun beamed. “I’m not giving my name to a weird person,” She said before she walked away from Woohyun and head to the cashier.

 

“Yah, I am not a weirdo,”.

 

---

 

“Sunggyu hyung, hyungnim,” Woohyun pleaded with his best puppy doe eyes as he hugged Sunggyu’s arm tightly. “For the love of goddesses, Nam Woohyun, what do you want?” Sunggyu groaned as he tried to wriggle out from Woohyun’s grip. “You do aware that by asking me that question means you are willing to help me in any situation and any condition,” Woohyun grinned widely. “As long if it still make sense,” Sunggyu raised his brow. “So, what do you want?” Sunggyu said as he flicked Woohyun’s forehead, which caused him to whine.

“I heard you have this one friend, a girl from fine art department, you took the same art and science class with her,” Woohyun started. “I have many fine art friends from that class though,” Sunggyu shrugged. “Come on hyung, hazel brown eyes, mid length black hair, somewhere about my height?” Woohyun pouted. “Why are you suddenly asking?” Sunggyu snapped. “Uh, nothing, she ju – she said she know you and I was wondering whether she was bluffing or not,” Woohyun said. “Who is she?” Sunggyu raised his brow. “Yes, hyung, that’s the question, who is she?” Woohyun replied. “How can I know? Your description doesn’t exactly give me a hint,” Sunggyu sighed.

“Oh, I think she came a lot to the little art shop because I met her there and she is the one who suggest me to buy that brush pack. And she is really sharp and kind of cool and chill, and she said painting is easy and I’m ridiculous and weird. Ah, she is also friend with Myungsoo because they took the same photography class. And her brow often rose whenever she talks, and she had a half-smile and a dimple,” Woohyun blabbered. “Is that enough of hint? Now tell me her name,” Woohyun pouted again. “Yah, Nam Woohyun,” Sunggyu scooted closer to Woohyun and stared straight to his eyes. “Are you crushing on this girl?” Sunggyu asked.

“What? No, hyung, you are ridiculous,” Woohyun was taken aback. “You are crushing on her,” Sunggyu burst into a laugh when he saw how flustered Woohyun became. “It’s not funny, hyung, I am not,” Woohyun frowned. “Hey, hyun, I think I know who is the girl you are talking about,” Sunggyu stopped laughing all of sudden. “Seriously? Tell me, please, please, please, hyung, I need to know,” Woohyun pleaded as he grabbed Sunggyu’s arm again. “You are really crushi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter