Wrong Signals

Unnoticed

Hi everyone! So, as I said earlier, I would post it at Noon GMT+7 if I have time. So, it turned out I didn't have time. Here's an update for this supposed-to-be-a-oneshot-fic. Please kindly read the fic. And sorry for any mistakes in advance, as this wasn't proof-read. Kindly send me any suggestions regarding to the fic. Comments are always welcomed. Please subscribe to this story. Thank you so much. Enjoy.


Does it even make any sense?” JinYoung pounded his head on the bed repetitively.

Ya! Stop it! You’ll hurt yourself!” said another boy around his age sitting behind him.

JinYoung just sighed. How bad his luck must be. Words couldn’t describe the terrible hurt he felt. Especially his pride.

It’s so annoying! I texted my friend earlier asking him to honestly tell me who’s better looking. No matter how good looking Mark-hyung is, as a friend, they should have answered I was the better looking one, right?” JinYoung was ruffling his hair like crazy after saying that.

JaeBum just chuckled. “Then, you shouldn’t have ask them to tell you ‘honestly’.

JinYoung sat up immediately, glaring at JaeBum. “Yah! Im JaeBum! You too? Ah, seriously!

What? You should be thankful they’re being honest with you. Means your friend wasn’t a hypocrite. True friend will say things objectively,” JaeBum said full of wisdom, while scrolling through his phone.

JinYoung massaged his temples, hoping some of his frustration might lessen with the act. It didn’t help. His mind was occupied with anger and jealousy. Ninety percent of his mind was cursing how life wasn’t being fair to him. He had always been cool about Mark being the best visual in GOT7, but what happened this afternoon wasn’t acceptable. It’s a matter of pride for JinYoung. As his thought went deeper, he lay on his back again. JaeBum took a peek, when he felt sudden weight dropped on his thighs, and resumed texting. JinYoung rested his head there, making himself comfortable.

The thing is, hyung,” JinYoung begun.

I seriously think I’m such a fool. I thought I was really obvious about how I feel about her. I mean, each time she asked me to meet up, I’m almost always available. She was even being super touchy with me. Always tugging my shirt, linking arms with me, laughed at all of my jokes, but then today,” JinYoung heaved a sigh. JaeBum just sat there silently, absorbed in whatever it was he saw on his phone. What happened this morning still lingered on his mind.

[FLASHBACK]

A Cafe near JYP Center, Cheongdam-dong, 6PM

Oh my God, you guys!” the girl laughed histerically.

He never said anything like that to you or any other members?” Jackson blinked in surprise.

I told you he’s super nice with girl groups from our company. Meanwhile to us, he just said whatever it is on his mind,” JinYoung said.

No, no, that was actually considered really nice, compared to what 2PM-oppas had been through. Wooyoung-oppa litterally cried one time while playing the piano because PD-nim said he didn’t improved at all,” the girl laughed again. There’s something about this girl that made JinYoung’s heart skipped a bit. Her laugh was genuine and not pretentious. And her face was super pretty. She wasn’t called The Nation’s first love for nothing.

Ah, I remembered. Wooyoung-hyung once told me, too that we were so lucky he was no longer that tempered,” JinYoung said to Jackson.

Really?” Jackson’s eyes widened.

Guys, I have something important to ask you guys,” Suzy said calmly.

What is it?” JinYoung raised one of his brow.

But you should really keep this a secret okay,” she whispered, looking around, making sure nobody was around their table.

Both JinYoung and Jackson just nodded, leaning their head closer to have a clearer sound.

Actually, uh, I think one of GOT7 members,” she paused and turned to look at JinYoung, “is trying to make a move on me.

JinYoung’s heart practically stopped for a moment. Did Suzy noticed how he behaved around her? He remembered lately it’s been really awkward and he would act out of place whenever Suzy was being touchy with him. He felt his face burning up, he was sure his ears were red as red-pepper. Suzy turned away and looked at Jackson who’s as shocked as JinYoung.

Who.. who is it?” Jackson stuttered, surprised with the information.

Really Jackson? He never told you? I thought you guys are pretty close lately?” Suzy asked.

Damn. JinYoung kept questioning whether she was referring to himself. He noticed they’ve been doing a show together lately. He couldn’t believe Suzy would noticed the move so quickly. What he didn’t see coming was the fact he talked about it over their casual meeting like this.

Ah, seriously, who is it?!” Jackson asked almost yelling, being the impatient one he was.

A shy smile appeared on her lips as she looked down on the cup of coffee in front of her. “He’s been texting me a lot,” she paused and looked back at Jackson before continuing, “Mark.

As if a deafening sound of bomb explosion just happened, JinYoung lost his sense of hearing the surrounding. The only thing he heard was the Mark’s name repeatedly replaying on his mind. He should’ve known this. No woman would act so comfortable with the man she likes. But he thought Suzy was quite different. And to be fair, those things she did with him, linking arms and whatsoever, JinYoung never saw she did it with anyone else. So when the name Mark came out from Suzy’s mouth, it felt as if he had been stabbed right in the heart.

What? Mark-hyung? He never even told me anything about it. Why do you think he’s making a move on you?” Jackson asked curiously.

Well, three days ago, he asked me to go to grab some coffee,” she said non-chalantly.

Ah, that’s why he wasn’t at the dorm. Where did you guys go?” Jackson, again curiously asked.

We didn’t go to a coffee shop. He thought people might recognize me easily, so he took me to a park nearby. It was quite there,” Suzy said excitedly.

The conversation seemed to add salt to his wounded feeling. Was Suzy always this clueless about his feelings? Or was he really a nobody that Suzy didn’t mind being comfortable with? Either way, he was hurt. He had to be cool about this, cause he knew nothing good will ever come from a momentarily madness. He calmed his mind and heart, and bitterly forced a smile.

Whoa, Mark-hyung, really, how come he didn’t tell us first?” JinYoung said naturally. Being so good at acting really helped him got through awkward situation like this.

That’s why. I want to ask you guys. He’s so quite and mysterious. Is he a nice guy?” Suzy turned to look at JinYoung.

Honestly, JinYoung really hated to answer the question and he felt like turning the table in front of him upside down. But yes, he ended up praising Mark and pointed out his good personalities. Jackson even added a couple of compliments about how nice Mark had been with the members.

Suzy-ya, didn’t you say you have schedule at 8PM?” Jackson said cofirming the time at his watch.

Yes. Then, let’s take a selca first,” Suzy said, preparing her phone.

Ready?” Suzy said, placing the phone further away, and they snapped a couple of picture.

Let me take a look,” Jinyoung said taking the phone from Suzy. He’s especially worried about his expression on the picture. He was afraid someone might notice his forced smile. Well, confirming the picture, he smiled. Not bad.

Can you send me this one? I think I look extremely good here, even better than Mark-hyung,” Jinyoung said.

Jackson and Suzy looked at Jinyoung surprised. Then they snorted, making Jinyoung confused.

What’s so funny?” Jinyoung asked innocently.

Do you really have to say that in front of us?” Suzy asked still laughing.

And seriously, dude, from which angle are you better looking than Mark?” Jackson commented.

Jinyoung’s pride was hurt. “Hey, there are plenty of occasions where I look better than him!

Both of them continued laughing, while Jinyoung sat there, trying so much not to snap at Jackson. He then asked Suzy who’s the better looking one. Suzy said she had no comment on it. That made Jinyoung even more furious. Luckily Suzy had to leave rightaway, so he didn’t really need to storm out of the room.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

Jaebum sighed, when the babble about Suzy kept going for almost 20 minutes. It wasn’t that Jaebum hated listening to Jinyoung’s problems. He had listened to so many of Jinyoung’s problems, but this one was something he really had no objective solution for, because he will forever be biased. If it’s solution he seeks from Jaebum, he would make sure Jinyoung will be exclusively his.

Why aren’t you saying anything, hyung?” Jaebum was caught off guard with the question.

Huh?” Jaebum looked down, his eyes met Jinyoung’s.

No, it’s just, I’m confused,” he continued and then looked away.

Confused?” Jinyoung raised a brow.

Usually, JYP artists hold themselves to not date for the first three years. And most kept going for even years after for the sake of image. As per debut, we surely are allowed to date, but as a GOT7 member, we’re still on our way to 2 years,” Jaebum said as a matter of fact.

So? Your point is?” Jinyoung asked.

For the sake of this group, I hope you’ll reconsider about even making a move on Suzy. And you realize I’m gonna scold Mark for their secret date, right?” Jaebum said, rubbing the back of his neck.

It wasn’t a date!” Jinyoung got heated up again after hearing about Mark and Suzy’s secret meeting.

A boy asked a girl to come to a quite park, chatting up, who are you kidding Jinyoung?” Jaebum said irritated.

Jinyoung sighed. “I guess you’re right,” Jinyoung said getting off of Jaebum’s lap.

Jaebum didn’t know he could feel so empty suddenly when Jinyoung’s weight removed from him. He was about to call the younger boy and ask where he’s going, but the latter quickly said, “I’ll go to sleep. Don’t forget about the schedule tomorrow.

Jinyoung left the room leaving Jaebum alone. That’s when Youngjae entered and question him. “Why are you guys putting up sour faces?” Jaebum just smiled and Youngjae decided to shrug it off his mind.

Hurry and rest. We’ve got schedule early in the morning,” Jaebum replied.


Will this fic remain a oneshot (or in this case, two/three shots) or will this be a longer fic (unlikely)? It all depends on my schedule. LOL Once again, thank you for reading. Let me know about your thoughts? Or maybe some reaction-based comments? :D