6 times Henry annoyed Amber and 1 time she annoyed him

6 times Henry annoyed Amber and 1 time she annoyed him

1. Street corner.  

Amber was chit chatting with some friends when she turned and saw Henry from across the street, seemingly waiting for someone. While everyone else was busy talking, she would find herself involuntarily checking for his presence. And there he was…..staring at her, every. single. time. She swore he was looking straight into her eyes despite the distance.

She was annoyed.

                                                                   ……………………………………………

 

2. Biology lesson.

Or also wisely known as everybody-was-misbehaving-cause-they-weren’t afraid-of-the-teacher lesson. He had come and sat next to Kyuhyun, which meant right in front of her, even though that wasn’t his usual seat. Towards the middle of the lesson, all of the sudden he turned and with an empty pen tube blew some air straight to her face.

“Do you have a death wish!?” she said, gritting her teeth.

“Did you dream of me last night?”, he added with a smirk.

Amber was in shock with how random the whole thing was, but before she had the chance to reply he turned to face the front again. For the rest of the lesson she could see his head being slightly tilted in a way that she was included in his peripheral vision.

She was annoyed.  

                                                                  ……………………………………………

 

3. In class.

Ailee had skipped school that day so the chair next to her was empty. Right before the history lesson started, Henry decided to come and fill the spot.  Amber was doing her best to act cool when she suddenly heard him mumbling:

“Why are you sitting so far away from me, Amber?”

Next thing she knew, he grabbed her chair and brought it closer to his.

She was annoyed.

 

                                                                     ……………………………………………

4. At the coffee shop.

 She was with some school mates when he appeared. He claimed he had just dropped by to say hello and proceeded to shake hands with everyone. When her turn came she spoke first:

“What’s up bro?” she muttered, following up with their typical handshake plus arm clasping routine. Only this time, instead of releasing her hand immediately, he made sure to slide the inside of his palm all the way, till the tip of her fingers in a painfully slow manner.

She was annoyed.

                                                                   ……………………………………………

 

5. On a bench.  

Amber was initially there with other people but somehow ended up sitting alone with him. She was contemplating how to start a discussion when he decided to get the phone from her hands.

“Hey how come you never call me?”, he said while looking for his number in her contacts list. 

“I wanna have a call from you on my phone when I return home. But how did you save me? Perphaps……jerk?", he asked half-jokingly.

Amber gave him a side-look and got her phone back. She was feeling like her heart might explode in her chest. Awkward silence followed, until he finally added:

“Erm..let’s go join the others.”

She was annoyed.

                                                                     ………………………………………….

 

6 On the way back home.

He had this girlfriend for a while now. Amber was doing her hardest to ignore the situation. One time after school, both Henry Amber and Luna were heading home together since their houses were so close to each other. Everything was going fine, then out of nowhere:

“Why is it that you never look at me in the eyes lately? Every time you’re near me, you act as if I’m not there. You don't even look at my face anymore. “

Amber was taken completely by surprise.  She didn’t think she was doing anything obvious enough for him to notice. She didn’t think he would care to notice.  She racked her brain to find something cool to reply to him with but her heart was racing so fast it was impossible for her to think right. Also seeing Luna purposely staying one step behind them, didn’t help the situation either. So the following mumbo jumbo escaped her lips:

“What? No, I’m not doing any of those. Hey! Is that a new key ring? Is it a gift from her? Let me see it!”, and then she was trying to get his keys away from him. She was absolutely certain she had lost her mind. There was also another thing she was sure about…

She was SO annoyed.

                                                                      ……………………………………………

 

That time she annoyed him.

Last year of school. Amber was anxiously waiting for the exam results to come out. She saw him walking behind her and then without saying a word he just caressed her arm tenderly and quickly disappeared from her view. She knew he had broken up with that girl for a while now. After getting her results she was so happy she ran across the hall to tell her friends when she saw him for the second time.

He was in her classroom sitting on her desk, looking rather grim. She couldn’t help herself.

“Hey.”

“Hey.”

“What up!”

“What up!”

“You’re on my desk.”

“Ah right!  So? Good news?”

“Yeah great news actually, thanks.”

“I was sure of it. You’re like Einstein. Amberstein!”, he added, smiling as if he had said something smart.

“Stupid, so stupid!”, Amber exclaimed.

He pouted and then looked at the floor.

“Ok! So..see you around!” , she told him.

“Hey, don’t you wanna go for a coffee or something?”

Coffee?  Well, that was new! He had never suggested they should go for a coffee before.

“Yeah, well, I don’t have enough money with me right now, so..”

“I will buy you the coffee, it’s fine!”

“Maybe some other time?”

He then stood up. “Right, so congrats on your marks”, he said, while lifting his hand up for a high five. Amber mimicked his gesture, but instead of high fiving her, he used his hand to the visor of his LA cap.

Amber couldn’t have imagined what happened next.

She was there with her hand still lingering in the air so when he took his away, her immediate reflex was to slap him across the face.

It was uncalled for, she knew it. She actually couldn’t believe what she had just done. It was like all these years of him playing around finally built up to this moment.

But Henry’s reaction surpassed everything. His previously formed smirk disappeared in a heartbeat and he quickly placed one hand behind her head pulling her close enough to crash his lips onto hers. She froze at first and even thought of pushing him away; but that feeling only lasted a second until Henry started moving his lips desperately and she just let herself melt into his sweet breath. They were leaning closer to each other until they eventually had to break for air.

“I’m sorry Amber”, he said while trying to catch his breath, still inches away from her.

“You were being such an to me through the years”, she replied, clenching the collar of his shirt, looking like she might kiss him again at any minute.

“I know, I’m sorry, I want you, I love you.”

Amber smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck. “I love you too, Henry.”

This resulted in more kissing until she managed to escape for a second and whisper against his lips, “the slapping…yeah…I’m sorry for that."

She wasn’t really sorry though. She was annoyed. She was annoyed she hadn’t done it earlier.