Start and Final

Mine?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The girl was surrounded by people, being her the center of the conversation, which wasn’t unusual if we take into consideration her sociable and friendly nature. She was smiling and laughing cheerfully every time someone said something funny, contributing to the conversation in the process as well.

This scene was pretty normal and usual; Jinah laughing and interacting with her friends with an enviably carefree and pleasant attitude, winning admirers along the way not only because of her outgoing personality but also because of her innocent beauty. Jinnah was the soul of the party, everything sparkled if she was present in the room and her laughter could cheer up anyone. The girl was a free spirit, she liked to go out in search of adventure to win friends in the process, a very easy task actually, since everyone fell at her feet by her charms. In other words she was a ray of sunshine that lived to fill the world with joy. Therefore everyone was surprised when she starts dating Kim Jongin, the most withdrawn and hostile boy of all campus. He was everything that his girlfriend wasn’t. The boy didn’t associate with anyone, never talked and he used his cold and distant look to intimidate people. His arrogant and self-centered attitude ended up driving away the very few who dared to talk to him, he didn’t even have girls screaming around him for being ridiculously attractive. Actually he once had fangirls, but they ended up fearing him. Nobody approached Kim Jongin, he had no friends and spent his days all alone, without anyone willing to teach him how to live a full and happy life…of course, until she appeared. She was the only person who bothered to know more about him, discovering in the way an insecure and lonely boy who just wanted to feel loved for who he was and not by his appearance or other superficial reasons, and she gave him just that and much more. The girl gave him happiness and understanding, showing him what was love and the warmth of another human being. She became his best friend, his lover…his everything. Yet not everything was rainbows and unicorns, because even though she brought out a better version of himself at the same time she managed to surface his dark side, that selfish and irrational side of his being that wanted her only for himself, that monstrous and toxic side that wanted to reserve her just for him. It is for this reason that he hated seeing her surrounded by people, whether boys or girls, because absolutely they were all enemies to him, they were suspicious and they were all potential rivals. He hated witnessing how his girl smiled in front of other guys, showing her beautiful and radiant smile. Jongin has always wanted to hide that smile from the world, he wanted to be the only one for her, but he knew that that was far away from the truth, because even if it hurts to admit it, she didn’t need him in the way in which he needed her and that made things pretty unfair for the boy.

He didn’t like what he was seeing at that very moment. His girlfriend was surrounded by boys, as usual, and clearly she was having a lot of fun, oblivious to the fact that her boyfriend was watching the situation with suspicious eyes, waiting for the right moment to intervene. However, when a guy dared to put an arm around his girlfriend’s shoulders for no apparent reason Jongin could no longer control his monstrous jealousy. Therefore–quickly and without ceasing to sticking daggers on that guy’s face with his powerful gaze–he approached his girlfriend.

“Take your filthy hands off my girl. Now.” Jongin muttered through clenched teeth, putting an arm around her small waist to pull her into his body protectively. He was trying really hard to not lose control and give him a piece of his mind.

That boy, without even hesitate, let her go and gave him an apologetic look. The atmosphere became tense by Jongin’s arrival and everyone could feel it. He glared at each guy coldly, warning them with the mere power of his glare to stay away from his girl and absolutely everyone understood the message, so in less than five seconds all the boys began to disperse, moving away from the girl of their dreams by the fear of her scary boyfriend.

Jinnah looked with disappointment how everyone move away without even looking back to say goodbye to her, thanks to the intimidating aura that surrounded the boy who she had chosen as her boyfriend. Immediately she turned her head to stare at him with a disapproving stare, scolding him with the sole power of her lovely big brown eyes.

When he felt her stare fixed on his face he immediately gave her all his attention and the eyes that only seconds ago looked the world with coldness and indifference became sweet and gentle, filled with love to look at the girl he loved the most in the whole universe. And suddenly she couldn’t get angry with him if he looked at her in that way so full of adoration, after all she could see the love he had for her in all its glory, but she couldn’t keep giving in to him if she wanted to prove her point. She could no longer let it pass just like that, this was increasingly ruining her mood. Hence, hardening her gaze, looked at him resolutely, trying to ignore the butterflies fluttering in her stomach.

“Jongin…” Jinnah sighed in exasperation.

The truth is that she didn’t want to start a fight, in fact it was the last thing she wanted to do. Being a positive girl has its cons, and one of those disadvantages was that she didn’t tolerate the negative energy emanating from fights whether verbal or physical. But there came a limit at which his jealousy wasn’t healthy anymore, he was caging her in his world and as much as she loved her boyfriend, she couldn’t stop being herself just to please him.

“Jongin, you need to stop.” She said slipping away from his embrace delicately, with a serious expression that didn’t suit her always cheerful and friendly face.

The guy looked at her with a frown, knowing that this subject was extremely sensitive to talk to her. “How do you want me to stop if I see that other guy is trying to hit on my girlfriend?” He asked unamused.

She sighed once again. “That's not true. We were just talking.”

He scoffed rudely. “You're really dense, Jinah.” He said as he shook his head. “Don’t you realize the way in which these guys looked at you?! Do you really think they just want to be your friends?!” He exclaimed raising his voice slightly. “You have to stop being so naive, really.”

She frowned at those words. She didn’t like the tone he was using with her, as if she knew nothing of life, as if she were dumb or something. “Don’t start again, please. I can talk and hang out with whoever I want.” She said folding her arms, looking at her boyfriend with determination.

The boy looked at her with narrowed eyes, looking directly into her eyes with flames coming out of his eyes. Jinnah, meanwhile, held his gaze. She wouldn’t show weakness in front of him, not when she wanted him to understand once and for all that she was free to do whatever she wants.

“Just…do as I say and stay away from other guys.” He said quietly, in a dangerous voice while he stared intently into her eyes, trying to persuade her with his piercing stare.

She shook her head weakly, almost by inertia, feeling how all the determination faded away of her body upon immersing herself into his eyes. Somehow she felt intimidated by him. “I don’t have to obey you.” He answered in a weak, soft voice.

Jongin looked at her thoroughly, scrutinizing her face apprehensively, studying her expression carefully. He knew she was feeling uncomfortable with the situation, especially by the way in which he was acting right now, but he couldn’t help it. He couldn’t help feeling jealous when she looked at another man with that beautiful smile of hers, or whenever she felt at ease in the presence of another man who wasn’t him. He was afraid of losing her, because he simply wouldn’t stand it. Somehow he had to protect what was his, and Jinah was his alone.

“Jongin.” She whispered nervously, feeling really shy under the eyes of her boyfriend. And the silence only worsened everything.

He loved the way in which his name slid through her delicious pink lips, it was music to his ears. He watched delighted how his girl blushed more and more as the seconds passed and he couldn’t help but smile at such a lovely view. And, slowly, he began to approach her, cornering her between his body and her locker.

Meanwhile Jinah was about to melt right there, unable to contain her emotions at being so close to her handsome and hot boyfriend. And just when she thought she couldn’t be more nervous Jongin leaned in to put his forehead against hers, still making eye contact with her.

“You're my girlfriend, Jinah and I hate to see with other men…I really hate it. You are mine, all mine.” He whispered in a low and husky tone of voice.

Despite being momentarily distracted by his undeniable sensuality, which obviously couldn’t be too good for her poor heart, she was still attentive enough to feel the possessiveness in his tone of voice and she didn’t like it at all. She felt as if she was going to suffocate at any moment if he kept repeating those words. And although it was nice to feel so loved by the man she loved, she felt that it was wrong, it was too much for her. Maybe some girls like to feel dominated by their men, but not Jinah. He couldn’t just forbid her to talk with other people, he couldn’t forbid her anything, actually. However, her passive personality prevented her from speak up and say what she really wanted to say, because the girl didn’t want to fight with him, and knew that if she put a stop to this, her boyfriend was going to get really angry and he wasn’t afraid to make a scene here in the hall of the university, after all no one would dare to intervene out of fear.

Jongin could see the doubt and the nonconformity in her brown orbs. So in order to ease the atmosphere he opened his mouth and once again expressed his deep feelings for her aloud. “I really love you, Jinnah. I love you so much that it hurts. I love you so much that it gets to be almost ridiculous.” The guy muttered still with his forehead glued to hers, looking into her eyes gently, trying to make her understand how much she meant to him.

How could she be mad at him after that? How could she even think of saying that she hated his possessive side when she could feel the sincerity in every word? Exactly! She just couldn’t and that was the problem.

“I love you too, Jongin. I really do.” She said smiling slightly, still unhappy about the turn of the conversation.

He smiled sweetly as he cradled her face gently between his big hands. With his thumb he drew smoothly patterns on her soft, milky skin. She meanwhile, put her hands on his chest, feeling how his heart pounded wildly against his chest cavity, and she found herself smiling, happy to know that she had this oh-so adorable effect on him. Yet, when his lips pressed against hers she still couldn’t let go of the bitterness that the conversation had left in .

She naively thought that everything would eventually get better, she clumsily thought it was only a matter of time before Jongin finally could overcome his jealousy, but the reality was very different. At first he showed his jealousy through small gestures; like kissing her in front of any guy that checked her out while walking, or distracting her whenever she was talking with her friends to steal her attention, or even sending her messages wanting to know with whom and where she was whenever he was away from her. It was still uncomfortable for her, but it was tolerable somehow. But as the weeks went by Jongin was becoming increasingly possessive and aggressive, he no longer knew limits, he no longer seemed embarrassed by his actions and worst of all, he really thought that his irrational behavior was totally normal. And as much as she hated to admit it she was starting to feel really intimidated by her boyfriend, she didn’t reach the point of being afraid of him but it was just as worrying.

Jinah really wanted to make this relationship work, because despite having that possessive side, he was also a sweetheart. She'd be lying to herself if she said that Kim Jongin was only an unstable ball of jealousy because he wasn’t, in fact he was much more than that. He was attentive, he always made her feel loved with small details, she was always in first place for him, he always talked to her first before taking important decisions and he always listened attentively when she complained about something. In short Kim Jongin was a sweet and devoted boy. When she had a bad day he tried to cheer her up with his lame jokes. When the girl was sick he went to her home to personally attend her like the princess he thought she was. When she was happy he was happy as well. When she cried he cried. Her boyfriend was one in a million. However, his jealousy was ruining their beautiful relationship, and the girl didn’t know what to do about it. Ignoring the issue was no longer an option, not after what she witnessed that night…

As expected, she was constantly invited to meetings or parties, being her the soul of the party, stealing the attention of almost all the guests, and she loved that attention because it made her feel appreciated. But obviously her boyfriend wasn’t pleased at all, so–without her knowing–he always managed to follow her, slipping through the crowd without being noticed by her and spy each one of her movements. Generally he felt guilty of reaching such extremes, because deep down he recognized that what he was doing was wrong. Yet, at that moment he was glad he did it, because if he hadn't done it he hadn’t seen the scene that unfolded before his eyes. A guy, clearly interested in his girlfriend, was too close to her and as if that wasn’t enough he had one arm around her waist. Jinah was clearly uncomfortable in that position, actually he could see how she tried to get away from the other guy, but that bastard wouldn’t budge. But that wasn’t everything, because ultimately what ended up truly anger him was when he saw how that son of a gun approached his girlfriend's face and whispered something in her ear…and that was when Jongin saw red, completely ignoring the last of sanity he had left. And without further delay he started walking in their direction as he glared at the other guy. And when he was close enough, he hit the boy very hard, without trying to contain his anger. Nonetheless, Jongin wasn’t satisfied with only one blow, he wanted to give him a good beating for having dared to approach his girl in that intimate way as if he had no idea that Jinah was already taken, which is no excuse really, because they all knew she had a boyfriend and that that boyfriend was no other than Kim ing Jongin, so he couldn’t believe that this guy had the damn nerve to try to touch what was his. Therefore, without hesitating for a second, he pounced on the guy–who was on the ground because of the force of the first blow–and started beating him out of control repeatedly, no matter that there were witnesses watching the scene, he didn’t give a .

Jinah was confused, she was trying to get rid of the guy who was harassing her and then, all of a sudden, her boyfriend was giving him a beating without showing any sympathy. But after a few seconds of not showing any reaction, she started to understand what was happening. Jongin had literally appeared out of nowhere and without a greeting or ask for an explanation, he started attacking the other boy. The female didn’t know what to do about it, try to separate them wasn’t a good idea because she knew she could get hurt in the process, and to talk sense into her boyfriend seemed almost impossible in these circumstances, the only viable option was to let him calm down first, but that also was a problem; her boyfriend was temperamental and impulsive, and definitely he wasn’t going to pass up anything that made him mad. Yet, when she noticed the state in which the two boys were something inside her exploded. Her boyfriend had the advantage but that didn’t mean he was completely unharmed, because she could see his bleeding nose, while the other guy had his face covered in blood. The view was awful, too much blood, too much violence. Jinah had to do something, anything, but couldn’t keep watching helplessly as everyone else.

“Jongin, stop! You’re getting too far! You’re hurting him really bad! Stop!” Jinnah cried out desperately, unable to do anything.

And as expected those words weren’t enough to calm him. So, in a stupid and desperate move, she pounced on her boy's back and hugged his neck while she wrapped her legs around his waist, sticking to him like a koala. The girl thought that with this extra weight it will become more difficult for him to keep moving, but she was wrong, because Jongin was still moving nimbly, as if he hadn’t had a girl of 55 kilos on his back. Jinah started crying worriedly, she didn’t like this aggressive Jongin. She hated violence in any form and it was scary to watch for the girl, it was just a devastating sight and she wanted it to end once and for all.

“Please, Jongin! Stop, you’re hurting yourself!” She yelled. And even then he kept hitting him.

And as a last strategy, she supported her elbows on his shoulders in order to cover his eyes with her little hands, leaving him with no eyesight. Jongin, who was dominated by his impulses, didn’t even know what was happening, he just knew he had to reclaim what belonged to him, but he wasn’t aware that his girlfriend was on his back. So, immediately he tried to escape from the grip of the person who covered his eyes, but Jinah wasn’t going to give in anytime soon.

“Jongin, it’s me…it’s me Jinah, please stop.” The girl murmured close to his ear, hoping that her boyfriend could recognize her voice, and this time he fortunately did.

When he realized that Jinah was the one trying to stop him he calmed down, just a little bit, because he still felt like killing that guy for having touched her. He stood still and tried to control his breathing as he grabbed his girl’s hands gently, hoping that she could show him the way out of his uncontrollable rage.

She let out a big sigh of relief when he felt how his boyfriend relaxed gradually under her body, she could finally stop crying. She was relieved, but very disappointed; in the first place she didn’t know what to think about him, because how did he know where she was? How could he arrive just in time when things were getting out of control between her and this guy? Did he follow her here without her knowing? Was he spying on her all this time and left his hiding place when he considered it appropriate? Did he not trust her at all? And even worse, how could he react in that so aggressive way? He knew she hated fights, but that didn’t stop him. Besides, he got hurt, something she simply couldn’t bear to see. But above all, Jinah was disappointed because she thought he was going to change, slowly but that eventually he going to get there. However, once again he proved to be unable to control his emotions, once again he proved that his jealousy was a really serious issue, because if he reacted like that only because that guy was close to her, she didn’t even want to imagine if something worse have happened. One day he could tell her to stop interacting with her male friends or to stop going to parties. Actually it could reach a whole new level of seriousness, what if later he gets more possessive and forbids her to go outside? What if he starts abusing her physically for having found her talking to a guy on the street? Ok, maybe she was going too far with her hypothesis, but it could be a possibility for all she knew, especially upon witnessing what her boyfriend was capable of.

After of being in the same position for a few minutes, she decided it was safe to get off his back trusting that he wasn’t going to try anything, so she did. And the first thing Jongin did when he felt how the weight of his body disappeared was to turn around to finally face her. Jinah gasped seeing his battered face, since there was blood and wounds, the view was painful for her and she found herself crying again, unable to bear to see him hurt.

“Silly, look your face…all covered in blood…stupid.”  She sobbed as she his swollen cheek with her fingertips, touching his tanned skin with an extreme delicacy for fear of hurting him.

His eyes softened instantly when he saw the worried look on his girlfriend’s face. And when he felt her delicate touch his heart filled with joy. He didn’t even heard the words she had said, he could only watch her face with infinite adoration because he felt so loved, finally someone cared about him.

“Come here. Let’s go.” Jinah said holding hands with her boyfriend to drag him out of that place while she tried to ignore all the accusing stares they were getting, but mostly she was trying not to look at the boy who was still bleeding on the ground, not wanting to see what her boyfriend had done to him.

Jongin followed her obediently without even questioning it, as I had the feeling that I had done something wrong and that his girlfriend wasn’t too happy with the circumstances, so he remained silent the entire way. And only when they reached their destination he realized they were in Jinah’s house. He didn’t understand why she had brought him up here, but like a good boy he didn’t questioned her and just followed her to the door of the house, he just hoped that her parents weren’t home, not wanting to make a bad impression with his bloody appearance. His insecurities faded away when he noticed that all of the lights were off, indicating that the house was empty and available to both. The two of them took off their shoes, and taking his hand gently once again, Jinah dragged her boyfriend up to her room, which was on the second floor. Then she put her hands on his shoulders to make him sit on her bed, leaving him on his own as she went in search of the first aid kit. The boy waited patiently while he bit his lower lip nervously since the silence between them was driving him crazy. He wanted to know what his girl was thinking, but he did not dare to ask, fearing infuriate her more than what he thought she already was. So he decided to leave this conversation for later.

After a few minutes the girl had entered the room with the said aid kit and also with a wet towel. She sat down beside him, then she left the first aid kit aside and devoted herself to clean with great care the face of her boyfriend with the towel, which became stained with blood at the end of its purpose. Then, she took a cotton ball covered in alcohol and began to disinfect the wounds in his left eyebrow and in the corner of his mouth, trying to be very gentle so as to not cause him more pain.

While she was focused on treating her boyfriend’s wounds, Jongin was concentrated in scrutinize her face closely, looking each feature with intensity. He couldn’t believe that this beautiful and angelic girl had chosen him among many other guys…him, among all people. And the truth is that he didn’t feel worthy of her love, and maybe that was the reason for his possessiveness. He was afraid that someone better might steal her away, someone so much better and deserving of such a jewel. Kim Jongin was an insecure guy, because no one ever showed him fondness and affection i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter