JooHyun POV

Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“JooHyun-ah!”

“Bae JooHyun!”

I carefully opened my eyes and noticed the bright orange sun.

I gasped in alarm as soon as I recognized the face smiling at me. He laughed and said, “Hahaha! You’re still a sleepy head.”

I was caught off guard.

이사람 다시 나타났어. This person has appeared again.

“Why aren’t you saying anything?”

he asked. I was too overwhelmed and I can’t make myself say anything.

He sighed and smiled softly, “It’s been a while.” He said.

 

--

 

“Ahgassi, can you move out of that seat?” an ahjussi woke me up from my sleep. “Ah! Ne, ne..” I stood up as I carried my stuffs hurriedly.

I was on the train, on my way home.

 

“I’m home.” I said as I took my shoes off. My sister was focused on her laptop. I ignored her and went straight to my room.

I’m Bae Joo Hyun

I dropped my bag on the floor and sat at the edge of my bed.

I’m 20 years old, on my second year of my college life.

As soon as I started college, I experienced many new things. New classmates, new school, new ways of living, and new feelings. I know I would find it hard to adjust in this kind of environment since I was very susceptible to change.

I my computer and browsed the internet.

During my high school life, I was a complete loser. Haha. I just tried to live by and I never thought that it would end that fast. I wished I made the most of my time in high school more. Anyways, I never talked to people. I just drew different pictures on my own space in the classroom. I had a few friends but I was still quite introverted.

I was so quiet that I never became friends with a boy before. The only boys who would approach me are those who had an intention to court me. I reject them anyways. I prefer to be friends with them because I feel like the a bf-gf status adds pressure on me..But those guys had no intention to be just friends with me (sigh)*

I never took risks.. If people would listen to my story, they would find it boring.

 

“JooHyun-ssi~” HyoRi waved at me when I arrived in the classroom. I smiled and walked towards her. “Did you study?” she asked. “Well..” I giggled. “Don’t worry, I didn’t either!” she laughed. I chuckled and shook my head.

We have a quiz today but I only scanned my book and I don’t know if it was considered as “study” haha

--

“What a bummer! I think that test was easy if I at least read my book!” HyoRi chuckled. “I think so too!” Min said. “Ey, I scanned my book but it was still difficult.” I pouted. “Hahaha!” HyoRi chuckled.

“Let’s go eat somewhere!” Min suggested. “Omo! Sure!” HyoRi answered enthusiastically. To be honest, I wasn’t the type of person to go out plus, my budget doesn’t allow me to.

“Call?” they both looked at me with those earnest eyes. “I know you’ll decline it~” HyoRi chuckled and pushed my hips with hers.

“Ow—“ that kinda hurts but.. I stepped on someone else’s feet. I turned around and quietly gasped as I covered my mouth. “Ah—“ Knowing that I stepped on someone frightened me. “I-I’m sorry!” I bowed and refused to make eye contact. “Aish!-- Whatever.., it’s ok.” He said and moved away.

I refused to look at his face until he left. “Omo, are you ok?” Min asked. I nodded. “That person..,” HyoRi said. “Why?” I asked. “Nothing, he was good looking haha!” HyoRi giggled. “Ey, I thought you were going to say he was some chaebol or something.” Min sighed in relief.

“Anyways, let’s go!” HyoRi said. “I-I won’t go.” I said. “Aww, come on, just this time eung? I’ll treat you.” Min said. It wasn’t money the sole problem here. I just didn’t feel like going..

We entered the café’ and looked around for some empty seat. “Oh! I-it’s them!” HyoRi whispered. “Who?” I asked. “Those guys earlier, you stepped on that guy sitting on the right side of the table.” HyoRi secretly pointed at someone.

 

I don’t know why but my heart was racing when I saw him. Was it because he was good-looking? Or was it because I was scared he’d recognize me, after I stepped on his feet.

“I’m going home.” I bluntly said and turned around. “Ey, don’t mind them!” Min stopped me. “You didn’t mean to step on him and I bet he already forgot about it haha.” Min said. Yeah.. she’s right.

We passed by their table and I can somehow feel some heat on the side of my body that was facing their table. I still refused to look at him. “I-I’ll go to the restroom.” I said. “Don’t go anywhere ok?” HyoRi chuckled. “Arasseo~” I said.

When I reached the restroom, I sighed.

What’s wrong with me? If that situation happens to some people, they would just brush it off. But.. My heart kept racing.

 

“Omo! Omo! He stood up.” HyoRi said.

 

I washed my hands and exited the female restroom. When I reached the door, a figured approached me. I held my breath and froze.. It felt like my world froze. What is this? Anxiety attack?

But he just passed by.

I’m crazy.. I must have gone crazy. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

I sat back with my friends and sighed. “Are you ok?” Min asked. “Oh, I just felt weird..” I said. “Let’s order!” she said.

--

After that, it was time to go home. Those guys left first so I felt more relieved. “JooHyun-ssi, you look like you are going to faint.” HyoRi chuckled. “No, I feel better now..” I smiled. “Do you like that guy?” Min asked. “Eh-Eh?” I stuttered. “Really?” HyoRi asked. “N-No way!” I stuttered.

Until I reached my house, the thought of him occupied my mind. I only saw his face once.. how would I like him?

When his face flashed back in mind, "No!" I cupped my hands on my face as I closed my eyes tight.

Even though I tried to stop myself, I still can't help but smile when I think of him. My heart would race everytime..

 

--

 

When I was on my way to my first class of the day,

“Yah! Park Bo Gum!”

I felt like something was being thrown at me from my back. When I turned around, someone’s back was blocking my sight. “Oh! Gomawo!” he shouted as he took a a step back. My eyes rounded as I felt a pressure on my feet. I bit my lip to prevent myself from shrieking. This is my karma.

“Omo, I’m sorry!” he said while he was holding a soccer ball. I sighed and said, “I-it’s ok..” I said and faked a smile. “Oh, You..” he said.

I raised my head up, as soon as I recognized his face, I immediately looked away.

It was him! That guy yesterday!

“You stepped on me yesterday!” he chuckled while he was holding the ball. “I..I-I..”

I didn’t know what to say. He remembered my face! I knew it T^T He already forgot about it? Tsch. 

“Since you stepped on me yesterday, let’s call it even haha call?” he asked. “Ne Ne..” I nodded my head. There was a sudden silence so I slowly looked up. “Why aren’t you saying anything?” he asked.

I already said “Ne!”.. my voice must have been too soft.

“Ne.. I get it..” I said formally. “Ok then.” He said and smiled. “You go on ahead..” he said. “Ne.” I said with a bow, then, I quickly went off.

 

When I reached my class, I kept bitting my lower lip. "JooHyun-ssi?" Min asked. "Oh?" I looked up to her face, "Is something bothering you?" she asked. "N-no, it's ok!" I smiled at them. "You've been acting weird lately." HyoRi raised her eyebrows at me.

--

 

I can’t forget the look on his face with those eye smile. I guess, it already developed to a crush.

Ever since then, I wasn’t able to meet him again. I would wish to the heavens to let me see him even in just a glimpse. My eyes would search for his presence whenever I’m outside. There were a few guys who had the same hairstyle and height as him but he was none of them. I never had a crush like this in my high school life.. So these feelings were kind of foreign to me.

 

When the first semester ended, it was time for a sem-break. "Finally, a peace of my mind after all those sleepless nights." I would think that way but I somehow felt disappointed as I never got to see him again. I guess, I should just forget about it.

 

But the universe said no when the 2nd semester came.

During my class from a minor subject I was taking, I had classmates from different college courses. My friend’s were enrolled in another section so I was practically alone.

The teacher checked everyone’s attendance and started the class. When the teacher started talking, it went boring and I felt drowsy.

“Oh, why’d you only arrive now?” the teacher asked some student but I didn’t mind because I really wanted to sleep. I heard murmurs and it didn’t matter anymore. I must get my sleep. I shut my eyes and went into a deep sleep

 

“Class dismissed.”

 

Once I heard that, I woke up immediately.

SHOOT. I REALLY SLEPT.

 

“You’re finally awake.” When I heard that voice, my heart raced. I slowly turned my head to the side. “You really look like you were in a deep sleep.” He chuckled.

THIS IS SO EMBARASSING!

“I remember you! haha! do you remember me?” he asked while smiling. I didn’t want to sound creepy so I just kept my silence. Of course I remember him. :)

“I’ll introduce myself then.” He chuckled. “My name’s Park Bo Gum.” He smiled and offered his hand. I blinked multiple times and “Ah! I-I’m—“ I paused when he took my hand. “That was supposed to mean my hand needed a hand shake.” He chuckled. “O-of course..” I bit my lower lip. He kept holding my hand. “Bae Joo Hyun..” I said. “That’s pretty...” he smiled. “Ne?” I took my hands away because my heart was beating like crazy. "Your name, it's pretty." he chuckled

“Hahaha! Look at your face. You were surprised right?” he chuckled.

I was like, what?

“I looked like I was trying to flirt.. but I was just messing with you..” he chuckled. What the heck.. Should I laugh with him but I somehow felt.. betrayed? Haha

I stood up as I felt furious. “Eyy, I’m sorry! I did that to completely wake you up!” he chuckled but I pouted. “You should talk more.” he chuckled and tapped my head. “I’ll go ahead first.” He smiled. “Don’t even dare to go to sleep again.” He laughed as he exited the room.

Some people from another class were already entering the room. I was too dumbfounded. I can feel something fluttering inside me.. 

 

We slowly got a BIT closer every time we met during this minor class. I never opened up but he still talks to me.

He would also ask question to me about stuffs he didn’t understand in class. I’m not that smart so most of time I would say, “I didn’t understand that either..” and chuckle awkwardly. In the end, it was me instead who would ask him questions. He was surprisingly smart. I thought he’d be someone rebellious or someone who doesn’t take school seriously.

"Annyeong, I'll go on ahead, I have a class." he tapped my head and left before I could wave. I sighed as I carried my bag.

 

I waited outside my friend's classroom until they were dismissed. They went out of the room and approached me. "How was your class? Did you gain friends already?" HyoRi chuckled, she knew I was bad in making friends. "Friends?.. probably." I smirked. "Don't worry, you'll find one eventually." Min giggled.

 

-

 

On another day, when we met on the way to our class, he smiled and waved. He was sweating, I think he was playing soccer as his outfit made it look like he was. “Annyeong.” he chuckled. “Oh, annyeong.” I said. But as soon as he got near me, he suddenly slid his hand through mine and grabbed it. WHAT. That was so random!

That moment felt like slow-mo. His touched sent electrical signals to my hand causing my heart to beat like crazy and blocked my breathing. I held my breath and wondered "Why in the world did he do that?".

“Wah, so it feels like this..” he said. “W-why? W-What’s with my hand?” I asked with serious stuttering. “My brother kept bragging about how he finally held her girlfriend’s hand.” when he said that my heart skipped a beat.

“He also teased me about how I don’t have a girlfriend Tsch.” He smirked. “S-so.. y-you.. held mine?..” I asked. “Well, Since you’re a girl..” he smile at the end and my heart skipped another beat.

I want to ask him.. How does it feel?..

“I don’t get it.. What’s so special about it. Tsch.” He said and brushed my hand off. Was that his answer? Haha I wanted to hold his hand a bit longer tho.. I stared at my palm and wished that his touch won’t go away. He observed my expressions and he looked like he was about to laugh, "What's with your face?" he chuckled. "Eh?" I touched my cheeks. "I-I was just surprised!" I tried to reason out. "Haha don't mind it." he tapped my back and walked ahead.

I don’t know why but every time I would think, “Does he like me too?” , I kept on getting a feeling that he would draw a line between us, like, “We are just friends.”

 

Class was dismissed and it was time to leave. I fixed my stuffs while everyone was leaving the room. He was standing by the door. “Hurry~” he said. He waited o.o

“Don’t you have a class?” I asked. “It was cancelled. You?” he asked. “I have a class later at 4..” I said. “We still have an hour then.” He chuckled. “Yeah..” I said. “What do you do while waiting for that class?” he asked. “I look for my friends.” I said. “Oh right.. Where are they?” he asked.

 

“They have a class?”

We stood outside the classroom my friends were in. “It looks like it.” I chuckled. “You actually wait for them? For an hour?” he asked. “Yup. What’s wrong with that?” I asked. “I mean. What would you do while waiting then?” he asked. “Listen to music..” I said as if I said the obvious and he chuckled. “That’s boring.” He stuck out his tongue. “It’s not!” I said and slightly punched his arms. “I’m just kidding.” He chuckled. “It’s just.. I don’t like to be alone..” he chuckled.

While waiting, we sat on the floor. I took out my earphones and phone from my bag. “You really love to be alone huh?” he asked before I could wear the earphone. “Eh?.. I guess? Sometimes..” I chuckled. “But.. I don’t actually love it..” I smiled. “I actually hate it sometimes..” I said. “Huh?” he was confused. Is it ok to open up? I don’t know if he’ll understand me though..

"If I go around the school by myself, I’d be walking alone and I don’t like that feeling. I actually rely on people too much but sometimes, I just really need some time alone to think..” I chuckled. “Ah.. I kind of get your point.” he smirked. I hope he understood what I was trying to say.

I wore one earphone on my ear. Before I could wear the other earphone,

"That was the longest sentence you have spoken to me." he chuckled. I got startled and looked at him.

He grabbed my wrist. “I’ll take one.” He smiled. “Oh..” I said and he took the earphone from my hand. He closed his eyes as he listened.

Goodness, I must have saved a person in my past life. This picture of him beside me is just so precious and too good to be true..

 

“Daebak.” Min said. “Look at them.” Min pulled HyoRi’s arms. “Omo.” HyoRi gasped, “That is so cute!” she giggled. “I’ll take a picture!” HyoRi took out her phone. BoGum woke up with the sound of the shutter.

“JooHyun-ssi~” Min tried to wake her. “BoGum-ssi, how long were you two asleep?” HyoRi chuckled. BoGum went quiet as he looked to his side; JooHyun was resting her head on his shoulders. When JooHyun woke up, she noticed BoGum’s body was so close to her and got startled. “Omo!” she gasped and backed away. “I-I’m sorry!” she said.

I SLEPT. AGAIN.

BoGum immediately stood up. “Hahahaha!” He laughed but then, “I-it’s ok. Oh! I-I should go.” He said and quickly walked away. “Oy! BoGum-ssi! Take responsibility of her!” HyoRi chuckled. I glared at HyoRi as that made me embarassed. “Sorry~” she said in English as she stuck her tongue out.

 

 

When I went home, I received a message from HyoRi. “Look at this, you two look so good together..” with a photo attached. When I opened the photo, it was me and BoGum sleeping earlier. I shrieked and dropped my phone on my bed. “What’s wrong?” My mom peeked from the door. “N-nothing!” I immediately hid my phone. “Ok then..” she said an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter