Mr. Mr.

One Shots

Mr. Mr.

There was no way of explaining the awkwardness between Jessica and Kris’ relationship or what exactly had happened between them, although it was obvious they had no intentions on making an effort to get closer… That is, until they met again during Valentine's Day.

The day that changed their lives forever.

 

JRpyGKUosfeptKKk8q8MNg_sqqxm-o_TVLM3zyOe

 

STARRING:

Jessica Jung (Soo Young Jung)

Kris (Wu YiFan)

 


 

x4E6AWi7wTzsglIOYANYH93gEuDMDCMpxTMHOpSa

 

“A silver ring to start, a golden ring to end.”

 
 

 

Jessica is not one who is warm. No, in fact, she is the opposite. Cold, heartless, emotionless. Most of the things that best describe her usually end with -less. In addition to her disdainful character, her patience wears thin easily, and her every day pace is brisk. With very little time to tolerate unnecessary events, or much harshly, inconsequential people.

Despite her callous stance, people cannot deny her breathtaking beauty. Her long fluttering eyelashes that can touch her pale cheeks whenever she blinks, her clean jawline, her dark brown eyes, and her flawless proportions. From Jessica’s physical beauty to her graceful movements, she is charming. A goddess in slight disguise. Not to mention how much denim wear suits her and how it boosts her aura of power and self-esteem. She loves denim.

What happens when a goddess of such walks out in the public? Heads turn, men stumble, murmurs come and go. It doesn’t bother Jessica much, so she just ignores. Meeting strangers while she enters a taxicab is also usual.

However, her composure is lost when she proceeds to enter a taxi, only to see a familiar set of eyes, gaping at her in disbelief.

“Jessica?”

The man before her is young and masculine, his face taut and, not surprisingly handsome. He wears a black jacket with black jeans. A matching set that flatters his cool appearance. Although many girls will see him as their ‘Prince Charming’, Jessica sees him as her worst nightmare.

She cannot move. Her arms and legs are stiff, even as she wills them to take her away from him.

“Y-you.” she stammers, her eyes glued to the once skinny boy but now a muscular man.

He isn’t a stranger. That much Jessica recalls. Wait, no. She recalls much much more than that. The unfamiliar yet at the same time, familiar line of his mouth, the way he smiles, the way– No. She shouldn’t be reminiscing the past.

“Why are you here?” she finally says, recovering from her shock.

“Why? Can’t I be?”

“Thanks for dissing me.” she says, sarcasm lining her words, outlining them with bitterness

“It was five years ago!”

Desperation decorates his voice,  miserable and frail. Pathetic. Jessica smirks, her weak spot covered within a matter of seconds. Maybe it’s her nature, to never reveal her weakness.

“You’re such an idiot.” she raises her voice tauntingly. It is a random statement but none of that is of importance.

The taxi driver watches with widened eyes, and Kris, who sensibly notices this smiles tightly before exiting the cab. He motions Jessica to do the same. She rolls her eyes and steps out, slamming the cab door rather bitterly. The cab gasses away, leaving the two ‘enemies’ face to face with each other, only ten feet apart.

Kris cracks his knuckles and grins easily. “Idiot? Dissed you?”

Jessica curses silently. This man is a hard opponent.

“Any particular reason?”

“Stupid.”

“Yeah, okay, I knew that this was all going to happen.”

She nearly stomps her foot in rage, but knowing that it will give away her frustration, she manages to cont she was uncertain of how long the mask will hold in front of him. Him.

“Are you done?” Kris asks, lifting his eyebrows in apparent amusement.

Resisting the urge to speed over and punch him in his stomach, Jessica closes her eyes and in a ragged breath. Her fingers clasps her denim pants tautly, her knuckles turning white as she does not release her grip.

She growls through clenched teeth. “Yes. I’m done. So don’t you ever show up in front of me again.”

Jessica, not waiting for a reply, turns on her heels and makes her way to another taxi queuing site, her heels clicking faintly as she walks, chin held high.

“Don’t worry, I will never see you again! At least, maybe not.” Kris calls out, his voice frivolous and overflowing with contempt.

She never looks back, not even once.

x4E6AWi7wTzsglIOYANYH93gEuDMDCMpxTMHOpSa


 

5 Months Later… Valentine’s Day

Ring. Ring. Ri–

“Hello?” Jessica speaks into the receiver, her voice filled with unmasked annoyance as she attempts to do her daily paperwork.

A panting reply edged with ebullience. “Happy Valentines Day! Oh, and Kris help center is opened… What can I do for you?”

Her pen drops, her jaw drops, everything drops. She blinks once, twice, but finds herself only disgusted by his jolly attitude even more. Clearing she regains her placidity, attempting to veil her loathing towards him.

“What do you want?”

“Mmm… I think I should be asking you that.” he replies pointedly. “After all, you were the one who called me about how you needed help. Mind you, that was a hella long explnation.”

A sudden chuckle.

Jessica scowls irritatedly. “What’s so funny?”

“The fact that you were one who told me to lay off and never appear in front of you again. Now you’re the one who needs me.”

It is true. This is a fact that, for once, she cannot deny for she really did ask him to disappear out of her sight forever. Needless to say, her pride and extremely high self-esteem prevents her from confessing her wrong, yet if Kris can see her profoundly astounded face subsequent to his argument, he will be vastly satisfied.

“If it weren’t an important situation…” she trails off, her mind wandering elsewhere as she recalls the moment of dispute she had with her parents.

Again, a true fact that Jessica’s extremely high self-esteem would have rejected the thought of pleading Kris for help in a second. However, her current situation with her parents is most feasible to drive her nuts.

“It’s about time you find a loving husband.” her parents had said.

Typical parent nonsense, she had thought. She took it easily, thinking it was just a soft reminder. If only. A week later, she found herself screeching at herself (through a mirror) about how she would rather kiss a some flea bound cat than marry some stupid man to please her parents. Rather ludicrous, really.

Even so, she still can’t believe that she resorted to calling him. Her worst nightmare. She shudders, knowing that a love contract is the only solution to this hellish ordeal.

“Look, I hate you, and I never will stop hating you,” she pauses, letting it sink in. “But you must understand that this is very significant to me.”

Kris chokes. “So, you. Me. Marry?”

Jessica shrugs over the phone line, although she is uncertain if he was aware of the shrug. “You can say it that way.”

“Marry a petulant woman? What’s in it for me?”

“Money.”

A very simple answer. It manages to turn his head around.

“Sure.”

An awkward silence.

“By the way, do you still, um… Like to draw flying cats?”

“Shut up.”

“‘Cause no offence, but your drawings .”

“SHUT. UP.”

And so they agree upon a contract of false love. A contract that will unknowingly serve as a catalyst for both of their lives. A contract that will bring Jessica’s true feelings and past out into the open. Who can possibly know?

 


 

the end