Chapter 7

Butterfly

 

Please read the author's note at the end please. Thank you ^^



I opened my eyes. There was nothing there. Everything was unrealistically bright. All of a sudden, I saw all my members staring at me. All of their eyes were filled with hurt and regret. I reached my hand up and they disappeared. I got up and it seemed like I was in heaven again. There was nothing in sight, but the butterfly that I had seen when I was roaming the earth. I decided to follow it and it seemed to fly away faster. I chased it to see where it would lead me.

    I ran and ran, but it seemed like the white wouldn’t go away. All of a sudden, color burst into sight. The white was painted with colors I recognized. I knew what the colors were painting. They were painting the first time BTS performed on stage.

    I was so nervous. I looked around the dressing room. We were the rookies. Not trainees, but actual idols. I saw everyone anxious and very nervous for our first performance. Jin and Namjoon hyung were shaking with excitement and anxiousness. Jimin, Yoongi, and Hoseok hyung were just speechless that we were actually going to perform. Jungkook just looked like he was going to cry. I sat next to him and comforted him. “BTS, you’re going on in 5 minutes!” Everyone seemed to panic. Namjoon hyung calmed everyone down. We huddled together and spoke words of encouragement. When it was time to go on, everyone was smiling. I miss being that happy. My heart started to hurt. I saw the butterfly again as the memory faded into white.

I followed the butterfly to see more colors. I immediately realized this memory. One that I wanted to forget.

I walked to see Jungkook get put into surgery. Jimin walked and grabbed my collar. I actually wanted him to punch me right there. Just to let me know that I should have been a better person. The guilt I felt back then came back. This was the moment that ruined my life. If this didn’t happen, I would be alive. I clenched my fists as the memory faded away. I followed the butterfly again

I walked more and more as color began to color my sight once more. This memory was definitely not one of my pleasurable memory. It was my funeral. All the members were crying. All depressed looking. Hurt, and angry at my actions. I couldn’t seem to handle this memory well. My eyes started swell up with tears as I relived my funeral again. I hated seeing the faces of the members like this. I just want to live. I just want to live. All of sudden, it felt as a ginormous burden had been lifted up from my heart. I just wanted to live this whole time. I knew I wanted to live when I visited the members, but now it became so official. The memory once again faded into white. This time the white wasn’t so unsettling. I saw the butterfly that I had chased fly closer to me. I stayed still and waited until the butterfly landed on my hand. I noticed that the butterfly seemed so fragile. If I touched it, it would just fall apart. It seemed like the butterfly was similar to my life. It was so fragile that if someone touched it, it would break. I stared in awe as the butterfly rested on my hand.

It seemed like I was in a trance until a subtle beep brought me back into reality. The beep constantly became louder as the butterfly flew away. The bright light enveloped me as my eyes closed. I opened my eyes again to see white, but it was much familiar. The beep that woke me up before was also present in the background. I soon realized that this sound was also familiar. This was a hospital. Surprised, I tried to speak. My voice couldn’t let out the words that I wanted to say. It was like a clot in my throat. No sounds were going to get pass it. I took a careful look around the room. I saw Jin hyung sleeping peacefully in a chair and Jungkook sleeping with his head on my bed. My eyes grew wider as I saw Jungkook in a wheelchair and bandages wrapped around his head and wrists. Were my times in “Heaven” and roaming on earth real or fake? I was left alone to figure out what happened and didn't happen while I was in "Heaven".


Hello guys.. It's been a while and it was because I was wrapping up school. Now I'm out so I have more time to write until summer school starts. Thank you for reading and supporting me throughout the story. Also I'm sorry for such a short update T.T I'll try to make it longer next time.

I am happy to announce that I will be making a new story after I finish this story. The title will be called "SAVE ME" I know. So creative ^^ Following the poll, the main character will be Taehyung. *YAYY* This will be a choose your own ending type of book. It means that you, the reader, will be able to decide how the story will play out. If this doesn't work out, I will just change the story to a regular one. I am looking for a co-author for this story as well. So if you are interested, please private message me. I will have you write a short prompt about BTS and a conflict. It can be internal or external. The deadline will be May 29, so please work on it if you decide to try out.

Thank you so much again for supporting me and my stories. I love you guys ^^ <3