Chapter 3

Player Game?

Kris' POV
I woke up to the morning sky. I looked at Jessica with her head on my shoulder. She really is pretty while she is sleeping.. I decided to call a taxi to pick us up so she could get home and sleep better.
"Jessica.. Wake up, let's take you home first." I patted her head as she slowly got up. 
"Man... It's morning already?.." She groaned
We got inside the taxi and went straight to her house. I rung the doorbell seeing someone with black silky hair, which I'm sure that's her sister?
"Omo! Unnie, where were you last night??!" The black hair girl asked loudly
"Sorry, I slept somewhere else last night, probably because I was too tired" Jessica scratched her head. She and her sister went inside the house leaving me outside. I decided to head back home since it's still pretty early to do anything. 

I laid on my bed at home while using my phone texting. Of course, all these pretty girls are up in my inbox. This girl named Tiffany Hwang, she's pretty cute but seems too easy. And a girl name Hyorin, she's really— No Kris. Stick to Jessica and keep the game going. No breaking the rules! 
I threw my phone onto the ground carelessly and let out a sigh. I know for sure, that I ain't gonna be the first one to fall for her. 
*BEEP*
Luhan: How was your date with Jessica yesterday?
Kris: Fun, I made her chase me but she left me for more than 2 hours then came back and slept with me against the bridge. I think she must've fallen for me.
Luhan: Pssh, whatever haha. I would laugh at you if you're the one who falls for her first. 
Kris: I know I ain't gonna fall. And even if I do, I wouldn't wanna admit anyways.
Luhan: Mhm. If you don't want her, then pass her to me. Need someone like her in my life LOL. 
Kris: someone who can talk back to you and try to prove you wrong? That's just... Annoying.
-------
I woke up casually, I reached for my phone seeing a random number sending me an attachment. 
" (851)123-4567 has sent an attachment "
I opened my text messages up and saw a picture of Jessica with a message of "good morning Mr. Wu ❤️" 
Haha, she is totally into me! 
Kris: you're up early
Jessica: of course I am. I've been thinking about you ☺️
Kris: wait. You did? That means you lose
Jessica: no -.- I told you the rules!! Sweet talk, send good morning and night texts. 
Kris: oh yea.. But who knows? You could be secretly crushing on me 😏
As Jessica and I kept texting each other, I found myself smiling like an idiot. No, what is happening? Nah, I won't fall for her.
Kris: so anyways, are you busy today? 
Jessica: no.
Kris: great, I'll be at your doorstep in 20 minutes. Ttyl
Jessica: ttyl. 
I got up and brushed my teeth and washed my face. Picking my outfit which was just a plain white t-shirt and a jean and.. Also fixed my hair. I got out of my house and drove to her house.

Jessica's pov:
I definitely have no plans today. Is kris planning on taking me out again? 
Ding ding dong!!~
Omo! It's kris!   I ran to the door and saw him hiding something behind him, wonder what it is?.. 
"Hello Jess" he smiled as he entered inside
"Hello. What's that behind your back?" I asked curiously
"I'll let you see once you say the password" he said
What could the password be? 
"Please?" I pouted
"How'd you know?." He furrowed his eyebrow as he gave it to me. So he was hiding a bouquet of flowers? That's sweet! 
"You're thinking it wrong, it's just for the game we're playing" Kris grinned "well, I gotta go now. See you at school tomorrow!" 
He left.. Pssh, even if he likes me, I would NEVER accept his confession anyways. 

Next day for school..
Krystal and I walked to school like usual. 
"Unnie, aren't we getting our ranks today? I'm so nervous!!" My sister stated nervously
Oh... CRAP! I totally forgot! Man.. I bet I would be in the lower ranks since for sure, I didn't try hard enough on the test..
".. Yea. I'm really nervous too!" I replied

As we got to school, everyone crowded around the ranking poster. I looked up and found my name.
Jessica Jung ; 148th 
Out of 200 students... T.T
"Unnie! I'm 23rd in my year!!" She hugged me. She then noticed my pale face knowing I had a bad rank and didn't say anything about it.

At last, we separated our ways to our class. I went to my seat a put my head down.
"What's up Jess? I got a higher rank than you" a  familiar voice chuckled
I lifted my head knowing who the person was
"What'd you get?" I asked raising an eyebrow
"5th place" Kris grinned
"No way.. You're kidding right?" I asked full of shock
"Nope, go look at it again to make sure" he said
"Fine, I'll go look at it during lunch" 

And of course, I went to check it out again during lunch and turns out he wasn't joking. Oh man, how can a player like HIM be this smart??? I walked back to the cafeteria getting my lunch, as I walked, I saw Kris sitting in a table full of ladies! Just then, Kris noticed me yelling out "come join us!" 
I didn't give a crap about it, plus I didn't... Feel like sitting in the cafeteria today so I took my food outside to enjoy the breeze. Just then, my friend Kim Jonghyun came with his lunch and sat next to me. 
"Why're you out here alone? You know you could join me anytime" he smiled
"I just.. Didn't feel like sitting inside" I tried to smile 
"Whys that?" He asked curiously looking straight at my eyes
"It's complicated.. You see, I have played this game with a player meaning we have to act like a real couple and when I see him with other girls, it makes me feel angry or down? But at the same time, I don't even like him as that" I vented 
"Ohh, it's Kris you're talking about?. But.. I have a feeling that.. If you don't like him as that now.. You will in the future. And I'm also sure that, if the game ends, he might realize his true feelings." He said calmly
I slowly nodded.
"Thanks Dino, you're always there when j need advice" I smiled
"At your service ice princess" he joked

Later in the day..
"Jessica, please come to my office after school! I need to talk to you personally" Mrs. Ahn said