My Boss Is Weird

My Boss Is Weird

“You need to flip it first then you turn it!” Minho jumped out of his seat.

 

“Sit back down, Choi.” Tiffany ordered. “Try again.”

 

“Don’t you have to use the tool thingy to make it smoother?” Jessica asked.

 

“Why do you sound unsure, Jung?” Tiffany asked. 

 

“That is what you do!” Amber screamed. 

 

“Why, Liu?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Because to keep the consistency chunky, you have to beat it a couple of times and them add the Oreos in.” Amber snapped her fingers.

 

“No, no, no!” Ailee glared at Amber, “You have to out the Oreos in first so you can have a base for the Oreo cheesecakes. That way, when you eat them, the crust will keep the entire thing together.”

 

“Not a bad idea, Lee,” Tiffany nodded in agreement. “Who wants to crust them then?” 

 

“I’ll do it.” Minho his lips, but Tiffany smacked his head. “Ow! What was that for?”

 

“You’re gonna eat as you go,” Tiffany narrowed her eyes at him.

 

“What’s the big deal? It’s not like anyone else is gonna eat them. That’s how you’re supposed to do it. As a chef, you’re supposed to eat as you cook that way you know that what you’re making is delicious.” Minho defended.

 

“As much as I want to believe your defense, I know for a fact that you’re going to eat as you crust them because I saw the way you were eyeing them.” Tiffany crossed her arms.

 

“Why are we making these anyway?” Jessica asked, the spoon, “Can’t we just buy these at the store instead of spending the entire afternoon in your house?”

 

“Because Chief Hunt is a very good friend of mine. He needs to know that we are all invested in this merger. He’s already getting enough crap from the entire hospital, the last thing he needs is a bunch of lawyers whining about this too.”

 

“But we aren’t whining.” Amber took the other spoon and started it, “Besides, it’s those doctors who think we can’t do anything right. First they assume we can’t speak English then they assume that we have the vocabulary of a first grader.”

 

Tiffany took the spoons away from Jessica, Amber and Minho, “The only reason why is that they were basically forced to pick up their lives and move all the way across the globe. Cut them some slack, I’m sure you’ll all start to like them.”

 

“What’s the deal with you and Hunt anyway?” Ailee asked, “Or is that too personal?”

 

“Not at all,” Tiffany shook her head. “We went to med school together.”

 

“You went to med school?!” Minho said in shock. “What happened? Did you drop out?”

 

“Yah.” Amber smacked his head, “You’re starting to overstep your boundaries.”

 

“It’s fine,” Tiffany laughed. “You guys work for me and I want us all to be as close as possible. But Hunt did help me with the first year of med school. We were always studying and helping each other out and things like that. Everything was going so well until we had to do our first blood drive. I fainted on the spot when I saw the blood and that was the end of my medical career.”

 

“That’s it?” Jessica asked. “That’s all of it?”

 

“What about it?” Tiffany asked.

 

“I thought that it would be more climactic than that to be honest.” Jessica laughed.

 

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Tiffany looked slightly offended.

 

“I thought you dropped out because of personal reasons or you got kicked out or something.” Jessica laughed. “The last thing I would have thought was that you dropped out because you fainted at the sight of blood.”

 

Minho cracked a smile, “She’s right, Boss. I thought you were more badass than that.”

 

“Shut up before I beat you like these eggs,” Tiffany glared.

 

“What are all these people doing in my kitchen?” Sooyoung suddenly popped out of her bedroom.

 

“You mean our kitchen?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Yeah, whatever, our living room. What are they all doing here?”

 

“Helping me make some Oreo cheesecake cupcakes for Owen.” Tiffany smiled.

 

“So you two are back to first name basis now?” Sooyoung asked slowly.

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes, “That was a long time ago, Youngie. We’ve grown and matured from that. Besides, he loves Oreos.”

 

“Were you and Hunt a thing back then?” Minho asked.

 

“Not exactly. We were just close friends.” Tiffany shrugged. “Nothing more, nothing less.”

 

“So best friends?” Ailee asked.

 

“Yes, we were the best of friends.” Tiffany nodded.

 

“Until Yul came in the picture.” Sooyoung muttered and took a cupcake.

 

“Hey!” Tiffany smacked her hand. “These are for Owen and for Owen only.”

 

“Your girlfriend is here, by the way.” Sooyoung motioned her head towards the living room.

 

“What’s she doing here?” Tiffany wiped her hands with a towel and walked to the living room.

 

“Beats me,” Sooyoung shrugged. “I think she wants something from you.”

 

“Ppany!” A voice rang.

 

“What, Yul?” Tiffany called back.

 

“I need you!” She whined.

 

“What do you need?” Tiffany replied.

 

“What color should we paint these three spare rooms?” Yuri shouted. “I can’t decided whether I wanna keep it a neutral color or go with warm colors.”

 

“Go with whatever!” Tiffany shouted. “It’s not like people are gonna live in those three rooms! Besides, we just need them for the office space.”

 

“I’m gonna go to the bathroom,” Jessica got out of her chair and went down the hall.

 

“I’ll live in one of those rooms,” Minho smiled.

 

“What?” Tiffany looked at him.

 

“Me too,” Amber grinned.

 

“Eh?”

 

“Babe!” Taeyeon pranced in the room and tightly hugged Tiffany. “I haven’t seen you in weeks. You’ve been so busy with work, sometimes I wonder if you remember that you even have a girlfriend.”

 

Tiffany laughed, “I would never forget about my own girlfriend.”

 

“You better not.” Taeyeon batted her eyes and smiled at Tiffany.

 

“I’m gonna be sick,” Sooyoung made gagging noises and left the room.

 

“What’s wrong with her?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“She still doesn’t like you.” Tiffany laughed.

 

“That’s not funny, babe,” Taeyeon suddenly lost her smile.

 

“That was a joke. I was joking.” Tiffany said.

 

“Do you even care that they don’t like me?” Taeyeon pushed Tiffany off her. “Is this all some sort of joke to you?”

 

“It was supposed to be funny. It was a joke, calm down, Taeyeon.” Tiffany said in a serious tone.

 

“What if I told you that my friends don’t like you? How does that make you feel?” Taeyeon crossed her arms and glared at her.

 

“What are you trying to get at?” Tiffany asked, trying to keep her voice leveled.

 

“I’m saying that you should watch what comes out of your mouth.” Taeyeon stated.

 

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Tiffany crossed her arms.

 

“There you go again!” Taeyeon screamed and threw her arms in the air.

 

“What?” Tiffany said in exasperation. “What am I doing again?”

 

“You’re starting fights in front of people again. You only do that so they can feel sorry for you.” Taeyeon glared. “That’s not gonna work, not this time.”

 

“What are you doing?” Tiffany walked after Taeyeon.

 

“I’m leaving before you start accusing me of cheating again!”

 

“I didn’t cheat on you. You accused me of cheating all because the coffee girl smiled at me and I smiled back!” Tiffany defended.

 

“You’re such a little !” Taeyeon screamed. “Why don’t you just go and sleep around and then realize how good you have it with me!”

 

“Where are you going?” Tiffany called as she tried to catch up with Taeyeon.

 

“Home!” Taeyeon screamed as she slammed the front door shut.

 

Tiffany eyed the brown door and kicked the wall. “She’s so difficult!”

 

“I told you she was crazy,” Yuri shrugged and disappeared back up the stairs.

 

“What happened?” Jessica asked. “I heard screaming while I was in the bathroom.”

 

“What the hell took you so long in there?” Amber asked. “That was a good 20 minutes.”

 

“I got lost,” Jessica smiled sheepishly. “Yuri helped me find it though.”

 

“No offense, Boss, but your girlfriend is a tad bit crazy,” Minho said.

 

“You think?” Tiffany sighed.

 

“What happened?” Jessica asked again.

 

“Boss’s crazy girlfriend decided to stop by. They got in a huge fight, which she started, and then she stormed out yelling.” Minho recapped.

 

“Why?”

 

“Something about Boss cheating?” Minho scratched his head. “It was super confusing and it all went by too quick.”

 

“Break up with her !” Ailee raised her beer.

 

“Are you drunk?” Sooyoung gave her a weird look.

 

“ yeah, es!” Ailee slurred. “I’m drunker than Hell.”

 

Sooyoung laughed, “This is someone you hired, you do realize that right?”

 

Tiffany shrugged, “She’s a good lawyer. I can’t fire her just because she gets drunk in the middle of the day. This is an out-of-work gathering. I wanted them to be themselves. That was the entire point of thing baking session.” She laughed. “Let’s face it, Drunk Ailee is so much better than Sober Ailee.”

 

“Hey, Boss,” Amber called, “watch this.” She took her keys out of her jacket pocket and dangled them in front of Ailee.

 

“Those are so cute,” Ailee giggled. “Just like you, Ambero. You’re cute too.”

 

“Looks like Ailee is a lesbian when she’s drunk.” Minho laughed.

 

Jessica walked back to the kitchen and sat down at the table. Tiffany went to the living with Sooyoung and started watching TV. Minho noticed Jessica’s odd silence and sat next to her.

 

“Penny for your thoughts?” He smiled.

 

“She has a girlfriend.” Jessica frowned.

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“She has a girlfriend,” She repeated. “Tiffany has a girlfriend.”

 

“You like Boss?” Minho asked.

 

“Shh!” Jessica quickly covered his mouth. “Shut up or else she’ll hear you!”

 

“I need to go talk to her anyway,” Minho patted her arm and walked to the living room. “Hey, Boss, I need to talk to you about these spare rooms you got lying around.”

 

“What about them?” Tiffany flipped the channels on the TV.

 

“Can I please live here?” Minho asked.

 

“Me too!” Ailee giggled. “I live way too far away and the commute is costing me more money. That is money I could be spending on more important things like a car.”

 

Tiffany raised an eyebrow at her to lawyers, “Why should I let you two live here? It’s unprofessional and it’ll just complicate things even more.”

 

“I need a place too, Boss,” Amber piped up. “Minho and I got evicted the other day and if we don’t find a place to live soon, we’re gonna be out on the streets. Do you really want your lawyers living out on the streets? Winter’s coming.”

 

“I’ll take my chances,” Tiffany got up and walked to the kitchen.

 

“Just try to think it over.” Minho pleaded.

 

“There is nothing to think over.” Tiffany said, “Yuri, Sooyoung and I already have plans on changing the spare rooms into office space.”

 

“But we kinda are part of the office space,” Minho shrugged. 

 

“We live and breath the office.” Amber deeply inhaled.

 

“We love work!” Ailee smiled as she took another sip of alcohol. “I love work just as much as I love alcohol!”

 

“Shut her up,” Amber motioned. “The drunk lesbian isn’t helping our case.”

 

“I think we should do it.” Yuri added. 

 

“You only want to because you’re sleeping with Minho.” Tiffany scoffed.

 

“You’re sleeping with him?!” Amber’s eyes went wide with surprise. “How can he land someone as hot as you?!”

 

“Jeez, that’s a little hurtful, Ambro,” Minho sulked.

 

“What?” Amber said, “Kwon is so much hotter than you. If you look at the facts, you don’t have anything going for you other than the fact that you’re taller than the average guy and you’re a lawyer. You’re pretty average in my book.”

 

“You can live here, Liu.” Tiffany nodded.

 

“What?!” Minho shrieked. “That’s not fair!”

 

“I like the way she thinks.” Tiffany smiled.

 

“So you’re just gonna let me live on the streets while she has a nice, warm, cozy bed to sleep in?” Minho asked.

 

“What about Ailee?” Amber asked.

 

“I like drunk, lesbian Ailee,” Tiffany nodded. “She stays.”

 

“That’s really unfair!” Minho shrieked.

 

“Minho!” Yuri glared.

 

“What, babe?” He sighed in exasperation.

 

“You’re a lawyer.” Yuri said, “Convince Tiffany that you are worthy to live here and maybe you can change her mind.”

 

“I’m a lawyer, right.” Minho took a deep breath. “In Ambero’s apartment, we were splitting the rent, which means that my half was $700 a month, but that didn’t include utilities, so that would round up to about $800-$950 depending on the month. Judging by your living arrangements, this house is most likely paid for, so the $700 a month I would be paying you would give you another income and that could go directly into your pocket. Which means that you’ll be $700 richer every month, especially if Amber, Ailee and I are paying the same amount every month.”

 

Tiffany nodded in approval, “Looks like you found yourself a place to live.”

 

“Yes!”

 

“But if you two break up, don’t even try to think about still trying to live here.” Tiffany warned.

 

“We’re not even together,” Minho stated. “That night was a drunken mistake and I don’t think that you’ll ever have to worry about us hooking up again.”

 

“But you called her babe earlier.” Tiffany retorted.

 

“I call everyone babe.” Minho laughed.

 

“It’s true, he does call every hot girl he sees babe,” Ailee giggled. “He called me babe when we first started at the firm.”

 

“You better not be lying to me, Choi. I will kick your if you lie to me,” Tiffany warned.

 

“I’m about to kick your right now.” Yuri muttered.

 

“That’s not fair,” Minho looked at Yuri. “We didn’t even talk about what we were gonna do next and on top of that, I was drunk. You said you were going to take care of me and I didn’t have anything to worry about. I didn’t think that you actually liked me like that. I just thought that you were hot and didn’t want a relationship. You know, like, friends with benefits.”

 

“I don’t wanna talk to you right now.” Yuri scoffed and slammed her bedroom door.

 

“Do I still get to live here?” Minho asked in a small voice.

 

“Yeah,” Tiffany nodded. “You’re gonna need a place to sleep and I don’t want you running around the streets.”

 

“Thanks, Boss.”