EunHae 3

The Catwalk Series

Second part of a double update. Make sure you've read the previous chapter.

 

Rating/Warning: none.

 

I forgot my manners on the last chapter. >.<

Thank you to everyone who had read, subscribed, upvoted and commented on this story. I hope you all enjoy reading this. I know the story's progress is slow and the chapters are short, but real life happens so please bear with me. I love you all <3 <3 <3 <3

 


 

 

The first thing Donghae did after he graduated from Paris School of Fashion was to return to Korea and looked for Hyukjae. It wasn’t a hard feat, considering the latter’s face was always featured on some articles for high end magazines.

The trouble was to actually meet the man. He knew that Hyukjae was the CEO of the biggest group in Korea. He tried going to Hyukjae’s building and made an appointment, but by the way the receptionist eyed him, Donghae would have better luck on meeting the President.

But Donghae was smart and when he saw the newest issue of Elite Seoul, a magazine for the rich and famous, an idea came to him.

He had to use more than half of his saving, but he finally placed an advertisement on the magazine. It was a full page ad, consisting of a picture of Hyukjae’s monogrammed handkerchief, the embroidered LHJ was clearly shown, with a date and ‘I’ll come to your office, Donghae’ written at the bottom corner.

Donghae could only prayed that Hyukjae saw the ad and remembered him.

When the date written on the ad came around, Donghae wore his best formal attire and went to Hyukjae’s building one more time. He took a deep breath and entered the lobby, hoping for the best. What he didn’t expect was to have Hyukjae barreling into him.

“You kept it. You kept my handkerchief.” Hyukjae whispered in disbelieving tone as he hugged the living daylight out of Donghae.

“It’s the only thing I have of you.” Donghae whispered back as he returned Hyukjae’s embrace just as fiercely.

They just stood there, lost in each other’s embrace on the lobby. People had stopped and stare at the sight of The Lee Hyukjae, hugging it out with an unknown man and a nobody at that. A quiet ‘Sir?’ broke them out of their reunion, and the two reluctantly let go.

Hyukjae didn’t seem embarrassed to be caught in such a compromising position, he initiated it after all. He glanced at his secretary before making a shooing gesture.

“Go cancel all of my appointment for today. I have to catch up with Donghae.” He said as he took Donghae’s wrist and dragged him toward his personal elevator.

“Hyukjae, I don’t want to impose on your busy day. I can schedule an appointment for later.” Donghae said reluctantly.

Hyukjae scoffed and push the button for his floor. “Nonsense. The last time I saw you, was 7 years ago. I’m more than entitled for some catching up.” The now taller man said.

Donghae was awed. It was their first and last meeting. “7 years ago and you still remember me?” He asked.

Hyukjae smiled and looked deep into his eyes. “You didn’t change much. I still remember your brown hair and chocolate eyes.”

Donghae looked down shyly. “You didn’t change much either.”

Just then the elevator ding and the door slid open. Hyukjae tugged Donghae along, leading the shorter man to his spacious office. They passed by his secretaries desks where Hyukjae gave a short order of “Don’t disturb us no matter what” with strict voice and even stricter gaze.

Once inside the office, Hyukjae ushered Donghae to the comfortable sofa where they sit side by side.

“What do you want to drink? Have you had lunch yet? Do you want to eat anything?”

Donghae laughed at Hyukjae’s rapid fire questions. “I’m fine Hyukjae. Don’t worry about me.”

Hyukjae looked sheepish for a second before he schooled his face back into a polite interest. “How are you though?”

Donghae smiled and took Hyukjae’s hand in his. “I’m fine. I’m strong and I have no regrets. How about you?”

Hyukjae squeezed the hand holding his. “Likewise. I’m strong and have no regrets too.”

Donghae nodded and looked down at their joined hands.”Actually, that’s why I decided to come and see you. I don’t want to have any regrets.”

He looked up to gaze at the almond eyes, finding strength in the dark orbs just like when he was 15 and the world was heaping burden after burden on his shoulders. He never got to thank Hyukjae properly. Hyukjae was there in his moment of need. Even though they were strangers, Hyukjae didn’t hesitate to comfort and encouraged him even when Hyukjae himself was grieving.

“I came to thank you. You were my savior. I don’t think I could get to where I am today if I didn’t meet you that day. So thank you Hyukjae. Thank you for lending me your shoulder to cry on. Thank you for your encouraging words. And thank you for the handkerchief.” He ended his heartfelt speech with a lopsided grin.

Looking at the chocolate eyes, Hyukjae was taken back to that day at the chapel. 7 years had passed but Hyukjae felt like it was just yesterday that he met Donghae. He remembered wrapping his arm around Donghae and he remembered how giving comfort to Donghae made him felt better about himself. He was helpless back then, he couldn’t help his mother get better and he couldn’t even comfort his father.

But then he went to the chapel and met Donghae and the other boy had clung to him like his life was depending on it. And it made Hyukjae felt useful. For a 15 year old boy, it was a great feeling. He had kept the memory of that day inside his heart. He would relive it in his mind during the many hard times he had growing up. Whenever he felt suffocated, he’d went to the chapel and just sat there, losing himself in the bittersweet memory of brown hair and chocolate eyes.

Returning to the present, Hyukjae leaned his forehead onto Donghae’s. The gesture was intimate but both didn’t mind.

“You’re welcome. Do you know that you were my savior too? Thank you. Thank you for coming back to see me.” Hyukjae said in a low voice.

They sat like that for some time.

Then Donghae’s stomach chose that moment to start rumbling. Hyukjae pulled away with a laugh while Donghae gasped in mortification.

“Come on. I’ll take you to lunch. There’s this new restaurant I want to try out. Don’t even think of saying no! I’ve been deprived of your company for 7 years. Surely you can spare another two hours to accompany me?” Hyukjae mock pouted.

Donghae sighed and smiled ruefully. “Okay. If you insist.”

They stood up from the couch and Hyukjae called his secretary and told him about his lunch plan. They walked out from Hyukjae’s office and rode the elevator down. Hyukjae’s car was already waiting for them. The taller man was oblivious to the stares and whispers, but Donghae felt them all. It was only after they were seated at the new restaurant’s private dining quarter that Donghae realized Hyukjae hadn’t let go of his hand even for a second.

 


 

 

So this is the third chapter of EunHae's version. The next chapter will be the first chapter of KrisYeol, but don't worry. I will still continue with the EunHae version. I just need to get the KrisYeol feels out first, because they've been bugging me for the last two weeks.