Three - [N]urturing

Beside you, together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junhyung stopped his car, glad that he had finally reached the amusement park after struggling with trying to come up with the perfect words when he saw Yoseob.
However, he knew that no matter what he said, he was wrong and that other than apologizing, he didn't really deserve to say anything else.
Breaking into a sprint to the entrance of the amusement park, his heart came to a cold stop when he saw Yoseob sitting quietly on a bench, his demeanor seemingly at peace but the sadness in his usually sparkling eyes was clear and pronounced to Junhyung's trained eyes.
His footsteps became heavier and he couldn't stop the endless scolding he was giving himself for ever making his love this upset, this miserable.

At last, he had reached him.

Sitting beside him, there was nothing he wished to do then to pull him into a hug and make everything better for the broken looking man. 
Yet, he knew that it wasn't possible and that more than a hug was needed to repair the tear he had inflicted in the smaller male's heart.
He had damaged the months of love nurtured with a stupid act.

A little jerk from Yoseob indicated that he had noticed Junhyung's presence and true enough, his head was slowly turning to the side and was staring at him now.
Those eyes, they were tired looking, they were searching but the worst of all, they expressed so much pain.
Junhyung could hear his own heart shattering at the sight of Yoseob but a small part of him comforted him that at least, at the very least, those dark orbs were not void of emotions.

It meant that this wasn't the end. That if he did the right thing, said the right words, he could still have Yoseob to remain beside him.

Cautiously, he gave a tentative pat to Yoseob's hand and whispered, not caring about the desperation and plea that were strongly laced in his voice, "Let's go somewhere else to talk?"

Internally, he gave a small cheer as Yoseob nodded and allowed him to hold his hand, leading him to the car.
He knew that his palms were releasing cold sweat as he was so nervous and so uptight.
He wanted everything to be alright and so, he couldn't afford to make any more mistake. 
Yoseob was giving him a chance and he would treasure it.

After guiding Yoseob into the car, he gently strapped the seat belt over for him, his fingers lightly grazing past his chest.
How he missed touching his love, how he missed being so near him and having him by his side.
Work had took over his life for the past week or so and he was so busy that he never realised that Yoseob could have been so lonely.
Now, as he gazed deeply into his love's eyes, he berated himself once again for being so caught up at work and neglecting the person he loves and treasures the most.

"Let's go", he whispered, himself unsure if it was for him or for Yoseob to hear.
However, the moment he stepped on the accelerator, he knew that he was never letting go of him.

After driving silently for half an hour or so, he saw Yoseob's glossy, dark orbs widening at the corner of his eyes, taking in the street view.
He tried to control his smile, knowing full well that the smaller male wasn't expecting to be at this place.
In fact, he himself had not really expected that he would be back here too but when he found out of what he had done to hurt Yoseob, he had decided that it would be the best place to have their talk, made a call to an old friend and asked for a favor.
Stopping the car at the familiar parking space, he jogged over to Yoseob's side and opened the door for him.
He saw the questioning look that was thrown at him but merely smiled in response, pulling the smaller male behind him as he walked towards the planned destination.

Pushing open a door, he gave a little sigh of relief that every thing was still in place, making a mental note to call his friend for helping him out at such a last minute notice. 

Setting Yoseob down gently on an empty chair, he couldn't resist and gave a little peck on his forehead, "Just wait here and listen carefully to what I have to say."
Noting that Yoseob had not rejected or reacted badly to the light kiss, he couldn't but feel more assured. 
Things were definitely salvageable and it wasn't the end yet.

Sitting on his own chair, he smiled at Yoseob, his fingers trembling from nervousness, "I know we are past our college years but when we were here, you would always cheer up after this. So here it is again, for you."

And there it was.
At the pressing of the first notes, tears welled up in Yoseob's eyes, the music and melody surrounding him in a comforting and beautiful manner.
Every piano key that was being touched by Junhyung brought more memories to him, as he remembered how they used to have their deepest conversations here in the music room.
When Yoseob saw the familiar street in Junhyung's car, he had already guessed that they would be here and now that they are here, a strong sense of nostalgia had hit him.

Tears started flowing from his eyes, slowly trailing his fair cheeks as he remembered the days where Junhyung had sacrificed his time, working with him to help him with his finances because he refused to accept the older male's money that were from his family.

He remembered the days where they would always be out playing and watching Doojoon in his soccer matches but when their conversations strayed from their usual playfulness to something more serious, they would be in this exact room, sharing their innermost thoughts and feelings.
He remembered the days where he would secretly imagine what it would be like to kiss Junhyung on the lips and to have his arms around his waist. 
He remembered the days where he would watch Junhyung play the piano while he would sing, sometimes forgetting the lyrics as he gets distracted by the charm that Junhyung exudes.

Now, Junhyung was also playing the piano but Yoseob wasn't the one singing. 
The older male was the one lending his voice to the melody now and the meaning of the song sank into him.

By now, his tears were flowing so quickly and heavily that he could feel his shirt getting wet. 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter