▀ teaser one

♟ chess ▀▄ nega network's first boygroup
 
 
i'm so happy for you
 
"geudae naege haengunijyo pihalsudo eobtjyo ... every day i'm so lucky sumgyeowatdeon nae mameul gobaek hallae ... neoreul saranghae ~"
 
an angelic voice filled the void of the practice room that was practically empty except for one single male. the boy was singing to his reflection in the mirror, a song that he knew by heart. despite there not being any music playing, he was still singing as if he was playing the melody in his head.
 
his reflection showed a boy was obvious fatigue showing on his face, but he continued to sing. always obsessed with strifing for perfection, wooji needed to keep practicing. it helped him keep his mind off certain memories when he was alone. he could feel the familiar itching sensation on his wrists, but he ignored it. he needed to. it had been a month without having to resort to his old ways. both his therapist and hajun were elated with his progress. he wanted to make them proud, especially hajun.
 
hajun was his guardian angel. that eventful day two years ago was the day he met him. hajun was always there for wooji whenever he began to show signs of panic attacks, embracing him until the anxiety ebbed away.
 
wooji hadn't seen hajun in three days, a record of not being able to see each other. the anxiety of being seperated from the other was started to get to wooji's fragile mentality. though he couldn't give up. he didn't want to let his hajun down.
 
he looked at his reflection in the mirror one last time before closing his eyes,finishing the song once more. minutes passed by with wooji standing in front of the mirror with his eyes closed in total silence, trying to get his anxiety under control. wooji finally opened his eyes, but was unprepared for the sudden memories that flooded his head. within seconds, wooji's body began to sway. he knew he was going to faint. it was better than hurting himself, he thought as his knees buckled under him. his small body hit the hardwood floor, his arms covering his face. broken sobs left his dry lips, suddenly feeling so pathetic and weak. he didn't want to think about anything any longer, so he shut his eyes and let himself slip into unconsciousness; totally unaware of the training room door opening and sounds of hurried footsteps approaching his lying form.
 
the next time wooji opened his eyes, he was greeted with hajun's worried face. before wooji could open his mouth to say something, hajun tackled him into a tight embrace. oh, how much he missed hajun's warm and safe arms wrapped around him. hajun pulled back, this time giving wooji his million watt smile.
 
"oh wooji...,"he started, bringing his hands up to cup both of wooji's cheeks in his palms. "i was so worried." wooji could hear the deep worry in hajun's voice. "don't do that to me again, okay?" the tiny male opened his mouth to retort, but hajun pecked his lips before he could say anything. "i know, i know. i'm so sorry for not being there for you, i was busy with some company business." wooji tilted his head to the side cutely, which caused hajun to chuckle and press a soft kiss on his forehead.
 
the two were oblivious to the door opening, so immersed in each other's presence. two figures entered the room, the female figure instantly scrunching her nose at the sharp smell of disinfectant. the shorter male figure peeked behind the female's back, blushing at the scene they just walked in on. the female playfully smacked the male at his reaction. she watched the scene for a few minutes before remembering why they were here in the first place.
 
"ehem...sorry to interrupt, but we bring good news!"
 
wooji jumped in hajun's arms at the sudden female voice, but hajun rubbed his back to calm him down. wooji peeked over his shoulder to see the two figures who were now in his room. he looked up at hajun, who just game him a huge grin in response. he turned his attention back to the pretty female who just spoke.
 
"...g-g-good news?"he stuttered out, happy that hajun still had his arms wrapped around him to keep him calm. the female nodded at his words, smiling warmly.
 
"yep! you're nam wooji, correct?" wooji nodded. "good, good!" she turned to the other figure, the short male almost forgotten altogether. "drum roll please!" the male rolled his eyes at her antics, but immediately regretted it when she smacked the back of his head. "drum roll please!"she announced again and this time the male did what she wanted, rolling his tongue to sound like a drum roll.
 
"i, lee joohyun, and my co-worker, kwak minwoo, hereby announce that you, nam wooji, is chosen to be the first official member of nega network's new boy group! ...managed by us, of course!"
 
it was silent for a couple of minutes before tears suddenly filled wooji's eyes. the two apparent managers took the sight of tears as a bad sign, making them scramble and trip over themselves in trying to stop his tears. unlike the managers, hajun tilted wooji's chin and brushed away the tears with his thumbs. "you hear that, wooji? you're going to debut!"
 
wooji couldn't handle the sudden emotions bombarding him, so he hid his face in hajun's chest and continued to cry. hajun ran his hand through wooji's hair while the other rubbed gentle circles onto his back as he cried, not caring that his shirt was getting drenched with wooji's tears. he lifted his head up and couldn't help, but laugh at the sight of the two apparent managers freaking out about wooji's tears. he waved the two off, smiling all the while. he reassured them that everything was well and that they could work out the rest at a later time. right now, wooji needed him.
 
after they left, hajun continued to hold the smaller male in his arms, not at all willing to let him go any time soon. he placed a soft kiss on the top of wooji's head before whispering into his hair.
 
"i'm so happy for you, cheonsa..."
 
 
author note
 
okay, starting off with my lil precious cinnamon roll, wooji! i revamped wooji so yeah, he's keeping the same name and everything otl. for your information, hajun is an underground rapper under nega network and helps writing lyrics for their artists. he will also be the rap coach for chess, so yeah. love him!!1!
 
if your character does not make it as a member of chess, do not worry. he may be used as a background character or a possible new group, maybe, who knows /shrugs. enjoy!