The reason he fights

30 Prompts Writing challenge

The reason he fights

Pairing: KyuChang

 

Disclaimer: None of the characters are mine, maybe for a few I made up (mostly they are just villains, and bad people) and the plot, the plot is entirely mine. 
 

Rating: G

 

Category:​ Sad, character death, Angst

 

Summary: KyuHyun’s thought as he listened to the general speech before being dispatched.

 

Notes: Written for prompt 25th, I swear to god, I didn’t mean for it to be this devastating. But…it happened. Sorry guys =[. Next prompt it will be happy, or I will try for it to be happy. Enjoy~

Italic and grey are KyuHyun’s thought and flashbacks. Other is the general’s speech and the present time.

 

 

“We are standing here, not because of we have to be here...”

 

Those clear blue eyes were calling KyuHyun in. Those innocence full of live gems make KyuHyun realised how much he had yearned for this beauty. He got closer, his hand trailed along the wavy brown hairs, bring the porcelain face closer till he met those plump sweet lips of which gave heim every reasons to make this beauty in front of him, his.

 

“We are here because we all have something we love and care and wanting to protect”

 

‘I love you.’ How the words fit so perfectly in ChangMin’s lips as it whispered into his ear. It was like the music against his ear. KyuHyun felt butterfly flying in his stomach, happiness rushing all over him like a wave and he was more than welcome to be drowned it. Never before KyuHyun felt the three words: “I love you” so strong, so important and so sacred as he was feeling at that moment. When he said it back to ChangMin and saw the male’s smiling face as joy gushing through his flushed cheek. That right, KyuHyun had never seen anything more beautiful. 

 

“I know you all scare, because so am I.”

 

Every day with his treasure, was like another day in paradise. He was everything KyuHyun could ask for. His smiling face, his sweet voice or even ChangMin gentle touch that some times secretly touched his skin when he was sleeping. KyuHyun loved them all. Even if when ChangMin was angry or made mistake that made him blushed and refused to look at KyuHyun in the eyes, oh how much KyuHyun loved her. Because he was and always would be the source of KyuHyun’s life.

 

“I can’t sell this to you all, because I know how ugly this is”

 

KyuHyun held ChangMin closer to him. Whispering his sorry, his love, his promises trying calm the trembling body underneath him. Red, everywhere was red.  Even in those shining brown hair were now dyed with crimson. His porcelain face, ChangMin’s beautiful porcelain face was tainted with blood. ChangMin favourite white shirt, soaked with a bloody color of death, blood-oozing out from the bullet hole in the male’s chest. His breath were getting slower, the gaps between them were getting longer. KyuHyun could feel his lover’s heart beat slower, fear rushing into KyuHyun like a tsunami that no matter how far he ran, it’d still swallowed him whole. His hand trembled as he pushed away a few strains of hair on ChangMin’s forehead. Was it his tears on ChangMin’s face or was it ChangMin’s? KyuHyun couldn’t tell anymore. He looked at the man he loved slowly leaving him, while he couldn’t do anything more than keep whispering the empty wishes asking him to stay, feebly asking ChangMin not to leave him. ChangMin’s hand reached up with difficulties as he touched his hand, smiled at him. Even though ChangMin’s was coloured with the colour of death, his smile was still the most beautiful thing KyuHyun had ever seen. ChangMin looked at him, as he choked out those three words again with all the male’s strength, even in death ChangMin still loved KyuHyun with all of his soul.

 

 

In that moment, those soulful brown eyes that KyuHyun was madly in love with were no more. They were lifeless. KyuHyun cried. He held ChangMin tighter; his temple touched ChangMin’s, tears stream down his face then to his lover’s cold face. He screamed out ChangMin’s name, repeating his love for the male over and over again like a mad person as if his love was just in a deep slumber. Because KyuHyun refused to believe that he was gone.

 

“But I can promise you, as the days pass by it’ll all get a little easier”

 

The tombstone stood cruelly in front of him, with his picture smiling like she was still alive, killed KyuHyun a little whenever he saw it. It was his fault, he couldn’t protect his love, that bullet should have been his. He should have listened to everyone, he should have evacuated when they came and took ChangMin to safety. It wasn’t the enemy bullet that killed ChangMin, it was KyuHyun’s ignorant and now he was paying the price. He touched ChangMin pictures gently, as if he was her cheek. He could feel ChangMin’s hand gripping his shoulder. It was as thought ChangMin had never left his side, it was as though ChangMin was always right next to him. KyuHyun had signed up for the army. They left the first thing in the morning. This was the last time he would be able to visit ChangMin. He brought his love violet, ChangMin’s favourite flowers, the symbol of their eternity love. He might not make it or he might survive to come back and tell ChangMin that he had avenged him. He might die and be with ChangMin tomorrow or even next week, month, or year. KyuHyun didn’t know. KyuHyun didn’t care either because that day when they took ChangMin from him, two souls died instead of one.

 

 

There was a slight tugged on his sleeves, he felt like ChangMin was here was asking him not to go. A small smiled appear on his face, his lover, even in death, even if he was now a ghost that even KyuHyun couldn’t see if he tried, was still worried for him. And that was all it took for KyuHyun to become even more determine as he asked to be the first troop to leave.

 

“God blessed our nation.”

 

KyuHyun saluted, he marched toward the van.  Inside the truck, he turned around at the direction where his love lied. He saw ChangMin in his favourite white shirt stood there, smiling or was it crying at him? KyuHyun wasn’t sure, but what he was sure was that he saw ChangMin. He had seen his love. Unconsciously he clutched the rings underneath his khaki jacket, the infinite circles that were going to tie them together. He looked into the distance, a bitter smile appeared on his face as he whispered to the wind:

 

“I’ll see you soon, ChangMin-ah”