Chapter 1

killer vs lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mirai's pov

 

 

"Mom, please tell me, what should I do now? I need you ...." I was sitting in front of my mother's grave to say these words and tears filled my eyes. It's already late and it was raining. I grabbed the umbrella and my stomach with my other hand, I raised my head and I closed my eyes. I start to remember everything that happened...

 

That day was like today. It was raining ...

 

A bomb was set inside the bank where my mother was. "LET ME go!! My mother is inside!!" I was screaming at the policeman who was holding me tightly, trying to prevent me from entering the bank.

 

We were standing across the bank with the police surrounding us for our safety.

 

"NO!! Miss, you shouldn't. It will be too risky." the policeman told me. His coolness was killing me! I would have kicked him but I can't.

 

BOOOOM!!

 

A big explosion happened. I couldn't make out what happened with all the pieces flying after the loud sound.

 

"MOM!! MOM!!" I shouted frightendly. I struggled to free myself from the police that was holding me. I heard screams and cries, I could hear my shouting too. But not as loud as the sirens from the firetruck that pacified the fire.

 

Finally, they let me go. I ran quickly to look for my mother amidst the people that were carried towards the ambulance. The bodies of the people who have been affected by the explosion were too many for me to search for my mother.

 

When I couldn't find her in the throng, I went to the buidling. I caught a glimpse of a familiar face, although blood striken already, i know it was her. "Mom?!" I shouted and went to the body immediately. I clearly see her and I shivered when I saw her body. I threw myself on her and I hugged her like what I always do. I kept crying. i waited that she will patt my head just as she always do when I cry on her lap. But there was no response. I kept crying. More loudly until paramedics came and asked me to stay away from her body. I fought back, but they took me away by force.

 

I couldn't do anything now. I was sitting on the street while hugging myself, my head on my knees and covered by my hand. I cried so strong. I've lost the only thing that I have in this life. Then I lost consciousness.

 

Morning came.

 

I woke up with tiredness all over me. It took awhile to open my eyes. I found myself in an unfamiliar place. I realized I was lying on a mattress as hard as the ground and I slowly sat up. The covers fell down and I see myself wearing nothing. I hurriedly covered myself and scanned the place for some life. 

Looking on my right I found a man standing in front of the window, his head was tilted upward as if retrieving some memories.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter