Chap 2

Lost stars

“Will you come to music, Amber?”

 

It takes Amber 2 blinks to realize she always has her name tag on her worker uniform whenever she comes to Henry, but it takes her forever to mentally calm down being in front of Henry’s expectant eyes.

 

Just like a message of nature, a flamboyant petal finds its way to land on Henry’s hand which is holding hers. The prince-named boy mildly opens her hand and gently lays the precious red in there, as if the petal were carrying his hope.

 

Amber’s head screams a big fat YESSS but time doesn’t think so.

 

The clock shrieks an inhumane sound indicating it’s already 8 p.m.

 

“OH GOD IT’S 8 P.M I GOTTA GO”

 

Hastily running away, she’s still urged to turn her head back:

 

“BUT I END MY SHIFT AT 12 A.M SO…YEAH BYE”

 

With that the girl runs away with a thumping heart which is completely unrelated to her speedy steps…

 

…and brings a radiant soft smile into the gaunt pale face.

 

“Take my hand let’s see where we wake up tomorrow”

 

Is she a Cinderella?

 

 

 

 

======================== 

 

 

Never in her working life does Amber have such an anxious night. It must be miracle that makes the boss not to nag at her because she keeps checking the clock. It’s already 11 p.m. Will he come to find her? If he does want to see her, he could have come here pretending buying something. But he still hasn’t shown up! Maybe her kinda rejection turned him off? (Oh dear God please don’t) Is his interest in her enough to have him wait for 4 more hours after his long tiring day? Even if he does come to see her, is he interested in her or in her seemingly love for music? She hasn’t music since who-know-when because work after work never gives her enough time and money to learn/buy/enjoy any kind of qualified music!

 

Bet that her poor music taste will disappoint the violin prince enough to make him never look at her.

 

To think of this, the short-haired mindlessly drops herself on the chair and heaved a deep sigh. Let’s be real girl, your music is zero, your boy experience is under zero! Who are you to anticipate that guy?

 

11:59 p.m. Amber glances to outside for the n-th time. Only wind is blowing.

 

Sigh.

 

 

 

 

 

But as the 12 a.m hits the grocery, she finds a boy outside the glass door, smiling like a rising sun in the pool of darkness.

 

 

 

 

================== 

 

“Sorry for making you wait. I was in a rush previously.” Amber says, being ridiculously aware that her voice sounds more hoarse the male’s.

 

“Wow thanks for the nice greeting”, Henry responds with a cheeky smile, “Not that you are never hurried, Cinderella.”

 

“What did you call me?” The girl’s eyes form O shape.

 

“You always run like it’s Cinderella’s 12 o’clock, except when you are with me.”

 

“Everything seems in slow motion inside your music space.”

 

“My mother says things will become slow motion once you see your true destiny.”

 

“YOUR WISH, DUDE”

 

“Yes my wish”. He laughs out loud, sending invisible rings in the air.

 

The girl blushes (thanks, Mr.Darkness), because she remembers her mom maybe also tell her so. That doesn’t stop her from slightly hitting the boy though.

 

“By the way you look good in that fancy uniform”.

 

Looking at her somehow rumpled faded uniform which seemingly once had bright red color, she right away throws back his ironic tone:

 

“Thanks, and you look amazing in that blinding suit too, mister.”

 

Not even wasting a second feeling insulted or teased, Henry, in his torn shirt and worn-out jeans, fakes a showy royal-style of thankyou, which causes Amber to roll on the bench laughing.

 

“Anyway, wanna come to the kingdom of Henry-the-prince, princess Berber?”

 

“HEY DON’T CALL ME THAT CHEESY PET NAME, CHICKEN HEN” It’s so hard for Amber to nag at the boy while laughing. Not that she will complain though, because it’s fair when Henry himself almost bumps into the wall while laughing too. Blame his small eyes, tsk.

 

 

 

 

 =================================

 

 

“Your kingdom is… luxurious, prince chicken hen.”

 

“Right?” The Hen grins, showing no hesitance to have Amber visit his place – the city’s waste field with numerous types of huge metal waste-bins. From the corner of her eyes, she notices a small tent neatly shadowed under gigantic skyscrapers. His house, maybe.

 

“Wanna music?”

 

Without her knowing, Henry already readies himself with something resembling a drum-kit made from waste-bins and 2 metal bars.

 

Yeah Listen Woo Yeah
That’s right 1 2 3
Duruduru Nana Uh Uh Yeah
Listen up Waddup Waddup

 

Yeah, I fell for you
It’s sweet 1 and 2 and 3 day but
I didn’t know at first
But the more I got to know you
Like poison 1 and 2 and 3 day"

 


            What the HELL is this amazing sound? It’s music. It’s fcking music to every cell it owns. And it’s from the waste no one cares. It’s from the guy living on the streets that no rich ever notices. It’s no fancy thing. It’s pure talent and enthusiasm. It’s close.

 

Amber stares at Henry as if he’s just enlighted and led to a new world.

 

And that’s when she finds him look at her, seem like meaning every word he sings.

 

I fell for you even more”

 

He stops right there, waiting for the words to sink in the air and in someone’s head.

 

Amber feels hypnotized.

 

 

“STAY RIGHT THERE YOU LITTLE BRATS. WHO ALLOWS YOU TO MAKE DEAFENING NOISE AT NIGHT?”

 

 

Oops. Police.

 

 

Hand in hand, the two kids run away like there’s no tomorrow. Out of sudden, Henry pulls Amber to such a tiny backstreet that they almost clash together.

 

When the laugh dies down is when they realize that s.u.p.e.r.c.l.o.s.e proximity.

 

“Ehm…”

 

The violin boy awkwardly clears his throat.

 

“So…did you enjoy the music?”

 

“YES IT’S LIKE AN ENLIGHTMENT ITS’…”

 

Excited, Amber throws up her head wanting to fully express to Henry her enormous happiness. But he’s unfortunately too close to be distracted from her long eyebrows.

 

Her button-like cute nose.

 

Her chubby cheeks.

 

Henry leans down. His dry lips gently brushes with Amber’s soft lips. It tastes like orange. It’s so delicious that he wants more. And more. Her smooth wet lips are like a perfect dance floor for his lips to play in there, to explore it to every corner, to go deeper in it. Can he them, he wonders, because he seriously can’t resist his hunger for that orange taste? His tongue finds its way to hers, as their kiss gets more and more passionate in the wonderland of their tongues’ dance. One hand intertwines with her soft hair and one hand wraps around her waist, Henry keeps pulling her closer and closer till there’s no distance between them. Is it his imagination, or her body seems perfectly fit his, and his arms around her feel perfectly right as if they exist to be for her? Every centimeter on her skin is his wonderland. Her s crashing with his chest throws at him an unimaginable sensation as a hoarse moan escapes .

 

He screws his curb.

 

Best laid plans sometimes are just a one night stand”