Happy Together - the aftermath

Happy Together - the aftermath

 Henry had always been your typical kind of guy. If he wanted a girl, he would go for it.

But did he really want this girl? Or was it the mere fact that everyone was telling him she was the one? What was he even doing thinking about her that way? He had never been like that before, except once or twice maybe. Or was it three-four times? Alright, so he has thought about it! But Amber was like a little sister to him. So he had been silencing these thoughts without fail. Besides, it was easy to find girls to attract his interest. He shouldn’t turn to his best friend for that too…

“No! Never……….never!”, he found himself repeating these words again in his head.

“Hey Snoopy! Are you daydreaming right now?” Amber woke him up. 

They both headed back to her place after they had finished shooting.

“Ah I’m glad we’re done with it. I feel really sleepy now”, she muttered while adjusting herself better on the couch. “Which reminds me…Bro!

Can you be more careful with your Korean? How could you say we slept together in a way that sounded like we had ?”

An innocent mistake that was, he thought. But that reminded him he was actually vexed by her. Amber had annoyed him so much today. Amber….Amber.…Who was he kidding? His mind was full of Amber.

“Hey! Are you zoning off again?”

“No, I’m here.”

“I said how could you insinuate that we had ?”

“Yeah.. I’m sorry about that Amber! Don’t worry though, now everybody knows that that would never happen cause I’m so gross!”

“But you are!” She reached and placed one hand around his neck while using the other to mess his hair. “Gross so gross and greasy too!”, she joked.

 Henry let a small sigh out. Amber had always been like that. Whenever things would start getting somewhere between them, she would either laugh it off or take it where she wanted.

“The queen of push and pull!”, he finally announced.

“That’s it! You’re going down.” She pushed him away only to grab him harder this time in an effort to shove him off the couch.

 “Ok! Ok!”, he was disentangling himself from her.

“But Amber, you said some very bad things about me in that show.”

“All true.”

“You said I’m TRASH!!”

“As I said, all true.”

“You’re ruining my image, don’t you think?

“You know I’m not!”

“Amber, I had a great image unti- “

“No, not this again!!” she interrupted, rolling her eyes.

"Henry, I care about you, that’s why I said those things."

He wouldn’t miss the chance there. Leaning closer-“cause you’ll marry me one day?”

She threw a pillow on his face.  “Cause if you get scolded by a best friend, people will like you more.”

He threw the pillow back at her but with less force. “For love..”

“You know I love you.”

He was instantly moved. Of course he knew she loved him, it was just that she had this habit of saying it in such a natural tone, he couldn’t help but feel the warmth.

“Maybe I should really marry you then”.

“Oh be quiet!”

“OR! I could choose one of those pretty girls on my phone.”

“Ooh you’re in it to win it!  NECK SLIIIICE!!”

“You’re jealous!” he cried, as he found himself sitting on the floor now.

Amber laughed for a few seconds and then held a hand out to him. But instead of pulling him up he pulled her down, which led her directly into his arms.

“Hey! What was that for?”

Henry’s heart was pounding fast the whole time but it was getting to a very dangerous beat now. He was sure it was because he could feel her so close to him. But was it also because he was about to do something?  Suddenly it hit him that he should start articulating words again.

“You know..”, his voice softened, “Sean said that you’re an expert in the love game.”  

“I sure am”, she said with a smirk. He noticed how she had made no effort to get back to her feet. Was she keeping the door open?

“Are you playing with me, Am?”

“No, but I know you are! It’s probably cause you can’t resist my hot body!”, she emphasized all smug.

Henry grinned. For some reason this filled him with enough confidence to wrap his hands around her waist.  “Not going anywhere now.”

“Or so you think!” She had curled her hands into fists softly punching his rib area. She was winning until to her surprise, Henry cupped her cheeks and landed one on her with a sudden SMACK! Her eyes opened widely. Then she pushed him and quickly stood up.

“You’re a trickster Snoopy!”

Henry was onto his feet too. Her accusing eyes made him grin again and he pulled her into a hug.

“You’re not needed!”, she protested before hugging him back a bit unsurely.

He buried his face into the crook of her neck and felt unbearable happiness when her body relaxed a bit. He then started placing small inaudible kisses onto her. On her neck, her cheek and lastly, very close to the corner of .

They gazed into each other’s eyes but they both felt so embarrassed they could only let a nervous laugh out. The next eye contact had them both serious and their lips met softly. But it was soon broken again by Amber with a chuckle. She was completely flustered covering her face with her hands. So Henry knew he had to be more decisive about it.

“No more love run, Amber”, he said, taking her hands in his.

"Cheesy so cheesy!" she added, but gave him her sweetest smile.

The next time he found her lips, he made sure her thirst for him was almost to the point of matching his own.