cue me (and my heart)

cue me (and my heart)

a/n: [punches a wall] IM A ER FOR IDOL/ACTOR AUS

 


 

“Are you sure you want to accept it?”

Luhan looked up from his phone, slightly raising his eyebrows at the doubt that washed his manager’s face. “Yes,” he nodded. “I am, hyung,”

“Your schedule is kind of packed,” His manager said. “But I think you know that already,”

“MCing won’t hurt me,” Luhan said as firmly as he could. He locked his phone and put it back in his pocket. “I’ll do it for just what? Two or three weeks,”

“You have variety shows to attend, and some extended promotional activities for your new movie. You sure you can do it?”

“I told you, I can,” Luhan laughed lightly. “Just call the PDs and tell them that I’m going for it,”

“Okay then,” his manager nodded. He turned his head back to the road, right in time just as the green light finally appeared, “Why are you so insistent, though?”

Luhan shrugged, his lips forming a small smile, “No particular reason,”

 

 

 

“And now we’re back!” Luhan announced happily, clutching the set of cue cards in his hand while he held a microphone on the other. “We are here backstage with the number one candidates for the week. Please introduce yourselves!”

This rising girl group introduced themselves animatedly. Luhan then cued them to talk about their new as planned―and the moment they did, he at least tried to look genuinely interested by saying scripted comments here and there and a few adlibs.

 “Aw, that’s really cute,” Luhan said, clutching his chest to prove emphasis. “While they touch men’s hearts with their adorableness―” he looked at the cue cards. “―and their sweet lyrics…we have Oh Sehun here who touches women’s hearts with his meaningful songs, and of course, his princely yet ‘dangerous’ personality!”

“Thank you, Luhan-ssi,” Sehun greeted politely, holding a microphone of his own. Luhan side-eyed the girl group that stood beside Sehun and snorted as he caught them ogling at him. “It’s really an honor to be nominated for first place in today’s show. I think everyone really worked hard.”

 “Ah, that’s really nice, Sehun-ssi―” Luhan shifted a new piece of cue card to read and then turned to the main camera, “Viewers, we’d have to wait for a little while for our first place nominees’ performances. But for now, let’s look forward to a comeback you’ve all been waiting for…”

 

 

 

“I thought you hated MCing,” Sehun said, popping a crisp French fry in his mouth.

Luhan cuddled closer to Sehun. “What can I do? We have busy schedules because of my new movie and your comeback―” He then faced him, “so I figured that if I take that gig, we’d have more time together. Sort of. Hate to admit it, but I kinda missed you.”

“Aw,” Sehun cooed. He then placed a quick kiss on Luhan’s cheeks, “You love me,”

“Shut up,”