You Light Up My World

Untouchable

I stood there in the shadows, watching him stand in the middle of the open field, looking up to the night sky that is filled with bright twinkling stars. Wearing all white, he looked so beautiful like those shinning stars in the sky, those stars that light up the darkness of the night. Though I can’t see his face, he looked so flawless to me, so perfect. He is called Oh Sehun, the person that I want to be with but will never get the chance to. I keep watching him from the shadows as he tilt his head to the side to look at me, a smile spread across his face.

 

“Aren’t you going to join me? How long are you going to keep standing there?” He asked.

My eyes widen as I backed away, going further into the darkness that engulfs me further. He sensed my movement and turned around to face me. He shouldn’t see me, not now, not like this. Panic starts to consume every cell in my body as he slowly start to walk towards me, towards the dark forest that keeps me hidden. I keep moving away from him as he keep walking forward, getting closer and closer towards me. My breath hitched as a tree hit my back stopping me from going any further. Although the surrounding is dark, I can see him smirking at me.

“Nowhere else to go huh?”

“Y...you shouldn’t be here. It’s not right for you to be here. G…go back to where you belong.” I said with a trembling voice.

“Why shouldn’t I be here? What difference is there between you and me?” He asked casually.

I remained silent. How can we be the same? We are total opposites. Sehun was beautiful and perfect. Every single detail on him is perfect. Perfect eyes that shine like diamonds every time you look into them, perfect skin that glows in the moon light, perfect hair that makes his face looks more handsome then he already is and perfect lips that I always dream of kissing it. He was always bright like those stars in the sky. We were not the same and we never will be. Unlike him I’m just filled with darkness. Darkness that suffocates my body like a damp, musty, thick blanket that clings to every inch of my pale skin. It’ consumes me until I feel like I’m just a body without a soul. Just a soulless being living alone in this dark world.

“You’ve been here for too long. How long are you going to live like this?” He asked me.

“What? H…how do you know I’ve been here for so long? Y…you don’t even know me. D…don’t say things that you don’t know.” I said as I backed away further from him.

“Mina of course I know you. I’ve been watching you just like how you’ve been watching me. You come here every night just to see me, I’ve notice that for a while now. You would always stand here in the dark where I can’t see you properly. Though I can’t see you, I know you are there. But what I’m curious about is that you never seemed to go beyond the forest. Why is that? Why do you keep hiding like that?”

 “He knows me. He knows who I am. He noticed me.” The voice in my head whispered.

A slow smile spread over my gaunt features, this must be happiness. This happiness is infectious. It starts as a tingle in my fingers and toes, like the feeling I have when I'm anxious, but instead of worrisome it's warm. I felt it pass through me like a warm sunlight, lighting up my dark world to leave me refreshed inside. My customary cautious grin exploded into a radiant smile that I had never worn before. Happy tears starts to flow down my rosy checks as I finally had enough courage to look at Sehun.

“You know me?”

He nods his head with a smile on his face. He stretch his right hand towards me, gesturing me to take his hand. I hesitated for a moment, the happiness I had inside of me turned into worry. What if he finds my hand dirty? What if I’m too cold to his liking? What happens if he leave me alone again?

“Mina. Don’t worry too much. I’m not leaving this place without you. I am not leaving you alone ever again.”

I looked into his eyes that were bright and shining like stars. Those eyes that were sincere and pure. Those eyes that never lie. Without much thought, I place my small cold hand onto his inviting hand. He squeezed my hand gently and I watched as he intertwined his finger with mine. A new feeling came over me suddenly, like I was reborn into a new body. My surroundings that was once cold started to change into something warmer. The darkness that kept me hidden all these years was replaced by bright rays of sunlight that light up my world. The tall forest trees changed into a beautiful green meadow with yellow flowers growing on it. There stood Sehun and I as we held our hands together while softly gazing into each other’s eyes.

“You’re beautiful Mina. Just like how I imagined you would be.” He said as he slowly caressed my cheek.

My cheeks are suddenly turned pink like a spring rose, the blooming colour so cute against my pale skin. I looked away and finds a distraction by looking at the yellow flowers. Sehun looks at me with amusement playing in his eyes as he fights back the smile that wants to break out.  He turned my face so that we are both looking into each other’s eyes. Shifting sideways, he looks at me, his eyes feeling as warm as ever. I know what is coming and glance away, then shyly look back at him. His hand reaches under my hair below my ear, his thumb caresses my cheek. Suddenly I see him, his eyes revealing more than his words can express. My lips part and our breaths mingled. My heart flutters as he draws me to his lips. His lips were firm against mine, but the kiss remained soft, gentle, and slow. We held it for a few seconds, before our lips began to move in perfect sync, slowly, cautiously. I exhaled through my nose, not wanting to let go. He moved his hand from my cheek to the back of my head, my fingers tangling in his dark chocolate hair, lightly pulling him into me, adding more pressure to our lips, deepening the kiss. The kiss lasted for god knows how long until we both parted, gasping for air.

“Stay with me Sehun. Please don’t leave me alone.” I pleaded.

“Mina. My beautiful Mina. I shall always be with you. Now and forever.”

I smiled and nodded my head as we both embrace each other in a warm hug, looking over the horizon. From now on I will be happy as Sehun will be by my side. Forever.

-END-

A/N: Hope you enjoyed reading. Comment on how you feel and subscibe please ^^