Pillow

Day by Day

JIMIN’S POV

 

“Baby, are you all ready for my concert tonight?” I asked. I was lying on top of her in our bed. She ignored my question and kissed me instead. After we saw the ultrasound of our baby for the first time, all our worries seemed to melt away. We’d talked for hours that night and tried to work things out.

Our plan wasn’t perfect, but we were going to try.

“Mmm, okay.” I murmured against her lips. “As much as I love this, I have to go.”

“Nooo.” She let out a high-pitched whine as she tangled her fingers in my hair and pulled me back down against her.

“Baby, stop making out with me. I have…to…go. . When did you get so good at this?” I tried to pry myself away, but her kisses were too tempting.

“Come on, I need you.” She whispered. I sighed and dropped my head against her shoulder in defeat

“I’m going to be late.”

She giggled.

“Again.” I added, undressing her. “But I can’t say no when you’re carrying my baby.”

“These hormones are ing me up.” She murmured. “But I just think you’re cute.”

“Hmm.” I buried my face in the crook of her neck. “Why are you so adorable?”

“I was born this way.”

“Your mom told me you were an ugly baby.”

She gasped indignantly. “That’s so rude!”

“Your mom is kinda rude.” I chuckled. “Sorry, I shouldn’t’ve told you.”

“Whatever. This baby’s gonna look like me and then you’ll see that I’ve been cute since birth.”

I nuzzled my nose against her neck. “Whatever you say, baby.”

 

 

I loved concerts. Something about slipping into my performance persona was so fun and appealing, especially when I knew my wife would be there. Of course, she’d be in the back with Haru, who probably wouldn’t last the whole show, but she’d be there.

We were in the dressing room getting ready for the concert. I sat in a chair and tried to practice the choreography in my mind, but my thoughts kept drifting towards my wife and whether or not we’d be able to make everything work. A baby and a solo career? Would a nanny really solve the issue?

“Jimin, stop spacing out.” Hoseok waved a hand in front of my face, grinning. “What are you thinking about?”

“Nothing.” I batted his hand away with a shy smile. My face changed as he picked up the camera from off of the table.

“Our Jimin is thinking of something that makes his cheeks turn pink.” Hoseok teased, turning the camera to my face. I stuck out my tongue and tried to wave him away. Taehyung jumped in the frame and pulled my cheeks.

“What are you thinking of, Jiminie?” He ruffled my hair affectionately.

“Of course I’m thinking of our ARMYs.” I blew a kiss to the camera. “You guys are all so cute; you make my heart flutter.”

Hoseok laughed and turned off the camera. “What were you really thinking of?”

I shrugged and turned away. The two of them pestered me until I wanted to scream. Hoseok kept pulling my cheeks and Taehyung wouldn’t stop shouting. We were all grown men, but sometimes we still acted like children.

“Oh my god, just stop already!” I practically shouted. They burst out laughing before quieting down. “You really wanna know what it is?”

“Yeah.” Taehyung cocked his head at me. “What’s got you looking so serious these days?”

“You guys can’t tell anybody.” I pointed warningly at them. “I’m only telling you because you’re my closest friends.”

“Agreed.” Hoseok placed his hand on his heart and nodded solemnly.

I fidgeted with the hem of my shirt before smiling and looking up at them. “My wife’s pregnant.”

Taehyung broke out into a wide smile. “Congratulations!”

Hoseok patted me on the shoulder. “Good for you. Was it on purpose this time?”

“Wow, you’re ing rude.” I snapped. “Haru is a gift. Even if she did show up a little early.”

Tae laughed. “Who could forget that shotgun wedding?”

“Shut the hell up.” I swatted his arm. “She wasn’t even showing.”

“Yeah, but we all knew you must have knocked her up for her to agree so quickly to get back together with you. Who gets married a month after getting back together with someone?”

“She proposed to me, I’ll have you know.” I snapped. “She didn’t just marry me because we were pregnant.”

“Sure, sure.” Hoseok teased.

“ you guys.” I muttered. I turned to Tae. “What about you? Any babies in your future?”

He groaned. “You married people are all so annoying. Not everyone wants what you have!”

“Ji Eun does.” I reminded him. “She’s getting serious. And she’s older than you.”

“It’s the exact same age difference between you and your wife.”

“It’s not. You’re younger than me and Ji Eun’s older than my wife. Aren’t you guys three years apart?”

“Yeah.” He murmured. Hoseok left our conversation and went to go pester Jin. “I’m not ready to get married yet.”

I watched him for a moment. “I talked to Gemma the other day.” I said carefully, keeping my eyes trained on him. He flinched before collecting himself. “She said she’s coming home soon.”

“What, France not working out for her or something?” He asked bitterly.

“She misses home. She misses you, too, apparently. When’s the last time you saw her?”

“Over a year ago.” Tae said quietly. “Can we not talk about this?”

“Do you still love her?” I asked bluntly. He shot me a look.

“Mind your business.” He smacked the back of my head, albeit gently.

“Do you?” I persisted.

“We’re not getting back together. I’m dating Ji Eun and I like her a lot.” He said stubbornly.

“But if you love Gemma and Ji Eun loves Namjoon…” I trailed off.

“Just because you love someone doesn’t mean it’s good for you to be with them.” Tae sighed softly. “Not everyone works out like you and your wife. Now stop being smug and married and let me live my love life.”

“Sorry.” I mumbled half-heartedly. I caught sight of Namjoon watching us from the corner. I smiled and he looked down at his phone.

 

Our manager strode into the room. “Alright, guys, it’s time to get ready to go on. Jimin, your wife and child are here. They want to say hi to you before you go on.”

I nodded as the door opened behind her. My wife grinned at me as Haru sat still in her arms, a little overwhelmed by the atmosphere. She hadn’t been to a show since she was a baby, and even then, they just hung out in the dressing room because the music had been too loud.

I strode over with a huge smile on my face and gave my wife a small kiss. Haru squirmed, so I took her and pulled out my phone. I the camera and started taking a video.

“Hey, sweet Haru. Where are we?” I nuzzled my nose against her cheek.

“We…we in da dressing room. Mama says we have to be quiet and we can’ scream.” She held a finger to her lips.

“Were you screaming before?” I asked, kissing her cheek.

She nodded solemnly.

“Are you excited to see Daddy’s concert?”

“Yes!” Haru shouted. I laughed.

“Can you give Daddy a big kiss and hug?”

She threw her arms around my neck and kissed my cheek. “I love you so, so, so much, Daddy.”

I kissed her cheek again before turning off the camera and uploading the video to my Instagram.

 

Haru wriggled in my arms, so I set her down and she made a beeline for Jin, who happily scooped her up into his arms. I snapped a picture of the two of them and put it on Twitter, captioning it “Princess Haru and her Prince Charming.”

My wife was animatedly talking to Hoseok in the corner. I was surprised; he was more my friend than hers. It wasn’t that she didn’t like him, she just said they didn’t click. I didn’t really care. She got along a little too well with the other members of Bangtan, in my humble and slightly jealous opinion.

“Alright, you’re on.” My manager shuffled all of us out of the room. I kissed my wife and Haru.

“Good luck.” My wife whispered in my ear. “You’ll do great.”

Haru patted my cheek. “Have fun, Daddy.”

 

HER POV

 

Haru fell asleep halfway through the concert. The girl had the amazing ability to fall asleep anywhere, much like her father. Although he’d picked that up from the tiring idol life, she’d picked it up from our constant traveling back and from Busan and when we sometimes tagged along on Jimin’s tours.

I watched for a little while longer and then took her back into the dressing room, led there by a friendly staff member. I laid her out on a chair, covering her with Jimin’s spare shirt to keep her warm. Her fingers curled around the collar and she breathed in deeply, snuggling closer.

“Daddy.” She whispered in her sleep, warming my heart.

I sat down and pulled out a book from Jimin’s bag. I’d snuck it in there earlier because I had a feeling the night would end up like this.

I must have fallen asleep, because next thing I knew, Jimin was gently shaking me awake.

“Baby.” He kissed my forehead. “It’s time to wake up.”

I sat up and squinted around. “Where is everybody?”

“They left already. And Haru’s sleeping in that chair over there. Did you like the concert?”

I nodded slowly and nestled into his side. “The show was good. I liked the new songs. You guys did great.”

“Yeah, it went well.” Jimin agreed, my hair. “I’m glad you came.”

I crawled into his lap and laid my head against his chest. I could hear the gentle sound of his heartbeat. I liked the quiet moments with him in the dressing room after his concerts. We didn’t get them very frequently, but each time reminded me of the first time I’d snuck in here, back when our relationship had been a secret. Back when we were first falling for each other.

“Hey, Jimin?”

“What’s up, baby?” He whispered into my hair. It was so nice to have a moment alone without feeling the constant tension between us. I’d missed him.

“Let’s go home, hmm?”

“Okay. Let’s go home.”

 

Jimin carried in a sleeping Haru. She was passed out on his shoulder, thumb in . I closed the door behind us and collapsed on the couch as Jimin put Haru to bed. I closed my eyes and let the soft feeling of sleep overtake me.

“Don’t tell me I have to carry you to bed, too.”

I opened my eyes to see Jimin standing over me with a small smile on his face. I nodded tiredly and he gently picked me up. I laid my head against his shoulder.

I yawned as Jimin tucked me in. He laid down next to me and wrapped his body around me tightly.

“Sorry.” He kissed my shoulder.

“Sorry for what?”

“Sorry for making you cry. I hate when you cry.” He rubbed his face against my back.

“S’okay.”

“It’s not okay.” Jimin rested his hands on my stomach. “I don’t ever want you to feel like I don’t value you over my career. You guys are the most important to me.”

“Yeah?” I turned around and caressed his cheek.

“Yeah.” He rested his forehead against mine. “You’ve been the most important since the very first moment I knew I loved you.”

“When was that?” I asked, playing with his earlobe.

“Oh, it was years ago. Years and years and years ago.” Jimin sighed and pulled me closer.

“Still, I wanna know. When was it?”

“Remember when you told me about your job offer in Seoul and that you didn’t want to take it?”

I pondered for a moment. “Yeah, kind of. I forgot I wasn’t going to take it. Wow, I’m so glad I did.”

“Yeah, you weren’t going to take it and it ing broke my heart. I just really, really wanted you to be close to me. It was then that I knew I was in love with you.” Jimin said quietly, trailing the back of his hand against my cheek.

I reached out with both hands and buried my fingers in his hair, pulling him closer to me for a kiss.

“You sure took forever to tell me.” I murmured. I bit his lower lip and he let out a hoarse laugh.

“This coming from the world’s most secretive person. You fell in love with me like right away and never told me until months after I had confessed to you.”

“Okay, it wasn’t months. It was like a month, tops. Also? It’s my business who I love?” I raised my eyebrows at him.

“It’s my business if you love me!” He cried indignantly.

“Nope. Only my business.” I giggled as he pressed his lips together. His displeased expression always made me want to kiss him.

“Little devil.” Jimin whispered. I snickered and scooted my body closer to his.

“I love ya.” I said casually, pecking his nose.

 

We kissed for a while until Jimin yawned, breaking a kiss and ruining the moment.

“Go to sleep.” I ordered, poking his cheek as his eyelids drooped closed.

“Wait…I hafta…say goodnight.” He mumbled, lazily pulling at my shirt. I was still in my street clothes.

“Goodnight.” I laughed gently.

“No…not to you.” Jimin yawned again, stretching his mouth wide. “To the baby.”

I felt my heart melt a little before I sat up. Jimin leaned his head against my stomach.

“Goodnight, my baby. Daddy loves you.” He turned his head and kissed my skin through the material of my shirt.

I ran my fingers through his hair before scooching out from underneath him and going to change my clothes. He watched me sleepily from his pillow.

“You look like a baby.” I commented.

Jimin gasped, increasing the baby resemblance. “I’m a man. A grown man with a child and a baby on the way.”

“You look like a baby.” I repeated. “I once nannied for a baby that had cheeks and lips like yours. Actually, it was one summer we were dating. I used to nanny for him and think of you because you guys just looked alike.”

Jimin threw his pillow at me. It missed and I cackled, stepping into a pair of old sweatpants from college.

I crawled into bed next to him and he whined into my ear.

“Baby, you couldn’t even bring me my pillow?”

“Nope. You can get it.” I said lightly, pulling my blanket over me. After a year of living together, Jimin and I had agreed on having separate blankets in bed. I wasn’t very good at sharing.

“But I’m tired. I had a show today!”

“You’re the one who threw it at me. Besides, I’m tired, too.”

“I’m more tired.” Jimin sulked. I felt a tug on my pillow, but I clamped down and hissed at him.

“I’m bringing a life into the world, Jimin. I’m definitely more tired than you are.”

He huffed, blowing the hair near my ear. I rolled my eyes as he climbed over me and out of bed, groaning like an old man.

He returned with the pillow, smacking my before settling in next to me.

“Love you, baby.”

“Love you, too.”

Jimin’s arms wrapped around my body and I wondered why he even needed his pillow so much if he was just going to share mine.

“.” I murmured affectionately before falling asleep.