(1/2)

Unspoken Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjong’s classroom soon went into a ruckus after their homeroom teacher announced there will be a transfer student joining the class as their new classmate. The girls were all squealing, hoping that it’s a handsome boy. While the boys were all praying like stupid, hoping that it’s a pretty girl to become their eye candy. Sungjong just shrugged and just stayed quiet as he found it no big deal to have a transfer student.

Well, apparently, it is indeed a big deal for Sungjong after he saw who the transfer student is.

“Okay everyone, keep your voice down!” The teacher clapped her hands to gain the students’ attention. After the class calmed down, the teacher called the transfer student in and this time, the girls squealed once again when it’s a boy. And it’s not just an ordinary boy too. He’s handsome, and maybe he’s the most handsome person in this world too.

Even all boy students are amazed at the transfer student’s handsome face, he’s like the real version of the prince from the storybook. All eyes were on the transfer student, including Sungjong too. But instead of squealing like girls and amazed like boys, he just staring at him with his shocked eyes and mouth gaped open. He even dropped the pen he was holding and he didn’t care about it. “I–Is that really him…?”

“His name is Kim Myungsoo. He had been living in Japan for 2 years, but he also lived here before he went to Japan, so there might be some of you who know him.” The teacher introduced this transfer student, Myungsoo, and sometimes sending him a flirty look too. Yet she almost fainted when Myungsoo gave her a dimpled smile and made the girls gone crazy too.

“WHAT!?”

Just then, a sound of someone slamming the table caught their attention and they both turned their attention to the one who did that, which is Sungjong. Sungjong stood in his feet and his hands pressed against the wooden table, which it’s the proof that he’s the one who slammed the table just now. Myungsoo raised an eyebrow looking at Sungjong, and he smirked as he finally remember who it is.

“Ah, it’s you, Lee Sungjong.” Myungsoo said, a little bit amused at Sungjong’s priceless shocked face.

“What–!? Why–!? How–!?” Sungjong’s face became pale and he went speechless because it was indeed the Kim Myungsoo he knew. ‘Why the hell did you come back here again!? After what you have done to me 2 years ago!?’

Lunch break time, Sungjong rested his head on his overlapping hands on the table. He suddenly lost his mood the moment he saw Myungsoo and the stress overwhelmed him right now. His mind was kept thinking of ‘How could this happening to me?’, ‘Why he’s here again?’, ‘Am I run out of my luck?’ etc. He really wanted to scream his stress out loud.

“Hey, hey, Sungjong–ah! Why do you look so down there?” Namjoo –Sungjong’s best friend and fellow classmate– teased as he approaching him.

“Is it true that Myungsoo guy is actually your childhood friend?” Hayoung –also Sungjong’s best friend and fellow classmate– approached the depressed Sungjong from the other side, poking his arm. “How lucky you are to have a handsome childhood friend like him??? Come on, introduce us to him!”

“…’lucky’?” Sungjong quickly raised his head up to glared at both girls. “I–“ Sungjong turned his head to the back where Myungsoo’s seat is. “–HATE–“ Sungjong growled at the sight of girls surrounding Myungsoo and Myungsoo happily flirting with them. “–HIM!” Sungjong pointed his finger at Myungsoo, but it lasted for seconds and he quickly pulled his hand back so Myungsoo didn’t see him. “I don’t want to acknowledge him as my childhood friend! He’s my enemy now!”

“Aigoo, Sungjong–ah~ Why do you hate him so much, eoh?” Namjoo grinned in a way Sungjong found it really annoying. “What did that handsome guy do to you until you hate him?”

“He rejected–“ Sungjong said with higher and louder voice. He coughed and calming himself a bit before he continued. “He rejected me 2 years ago!!!” Sungjong said, half whispering.

“Oh~ So you do have fallen for him before?” Hayoung giggled and she looked at Myungsoo. “He’s indeed have a gorgeous face. So it doesn’t surprise us if you also have fallen for him, right?” Hayoung then looked at Namjoo and she nodded in agreement.

“Please don’t remind me about that again…” Sungjong sighed. ‘Yeah that is true. I liked him. I liked Kim Myungsoo. A lot actually. But I really regret to have a crush on someone like him. 2 years has passed, and I’m still unable to forget about what he had done to hurt my heart back then.’

FLASHBACK

“Aah… I think I don’t want to enter the class now… What should I do…?” Sungjong mumbled to himself in panic mode. He, along with his friends, Ren and Taemin, were walking side by side from the canteen back to their class because the lunch break has ended. Before they left the class before, Sungjong managed to slip his love letter for Myungsoo into his bag silently without anyone’s knowledge. And now he was sure if Myungsoo is already inside the class, and maybe reading his love letter too. That’s why he lost his courage to return to the class and to face Myungsoo too.

“I like you, Kim Myungsoo.”

Sungjong froze right in front of his class. Ren and Taemin also stopped to look at Sungjong with confusion. Sungjong was looking inside the class with indescribable look on his face, soon his friends’ eyes also turned to the same direction Sungjong’s eyes were looking at. Both of them gasped in shock when Myungsoo, in his seat, surrounded by his friends. Holding a paper which they are sure it’s Sungjong’s love letter.

“I love you so much, for long already, and you don't even know it. Sometimes I get scared about showing it. It feels like when you come around me, my mouth locks tight, and the words I want to say are just stifled. Sometimes I want to open up and tell you how I feel, but I guess I'm just too scared.” Myungsoo read the letters written on the paper aloud, so all his friends could hear him clearly. As Myungsoo paused to take a breath, the others were whistling on him, joking about how lucky is he to get a love letter from Sungjong. Myungsoo just rolled his eyes and snorted, he looked like he’s having fun himself reading the love letter. “Myungsoo hyung… Will you hate me after I wrote this letter for you? I hope not. I really want to know more about you hyung, because I really like you.”

“Taemin–ah…” Ren called his friend and Taemin shifted his attention away from Myungsoo to Ren. Taemin shocked as tears were already falling from Sungjong’s beautiful eyes. The crying boy quickly covered his face with his hands to muffle his sobs. Taemin and Ren looked at each other, giving a look of concern to Sungjong and patted his shoulders, also soothing him with words.

END OF FLASHBACK

‘I really loved him so much back then… But how could he read my love letter out loud like that in front of his friends!? And he treated my feeling for him as a joke… Can you believe that…?’

“Sungjong–ah, where are you going?” Namjoo asked when Sungjong stood up from his seat and walked away.

“Since he’s having a lot of thoughts because of Kim Myungsoo, I think he wants to go to buy some lemon candies.” Hayoung said and Sungjong almost tripped when Hayoung is completely right. Without Sungjong’s knowledge, Myungsoo was watching him until he left the class.

Sungjong put a lemon flavored candy into his mouth, savoring the sweetness. He bought a lot of candies and he put the rest of the candies into his pocket. Sun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter