---

Ethereal Trap {ONE-SHOT}

“Sweet irony,” the seventeen-year-old boy scout mumbled sarcastically while getting out of the tent and finding out there was still no light outside. He slept the whole afternoon which pretty much seemed as twenty hours, but it was still dark? Well, there was a flickering fire burning the woods of the campfire, and there was a slight peach border at the edge of the sky, which should be a sign that the sun would come out soon. But he thought for a moment that there would be the bright sun and the rest of his friends already getting themselves ready for the journey back to the city.

An intuition made him run his hands to his sides in search of his phone, but again he got quickly disappointed. He then remembered he left it inside of his backpack just because it not only lacked of signal, but the battery was totally drained.



Taemin was bored. He didn’t want to stay inside the camp doing. . . nothing. He once again gave a glance at the sky in hopes that it would suddenly turn into day. Nope, kid.

He stared at the tiny lit spark that was fighting to survive, something that didn't seem highly promising. He then looked at the stars that instantly popped in his view at the moment he gave himself a chance to deal with the scenario.



A flashlight on one hand. Some steps were made to the north, or the north his compass was encouraging  him to go to. He found himself surrounded of the monstrosity of trees. He wasn’t lost at all, wasn’t he?

Quickly, Taemin went to trace his way back to the campfire, but he wasn’t able to. Not even a bit of progress. What would he do if he meets a carnivore being on the way? He didn’t even plan to go that further.
 

He got lost near a luminous pound. Ah, and there were fireflies. That’s what they are, right? But they seemed multicolored. Maybe his agony was playing tricks on his vision.
 

 

And all of a sudden, someone jumped out of. . . the pound? Taemin quickly went to hide himself behind a tree log.
 

Still, he was tempted to see what was it about.

 

As he peeked, a brunette-haired girl was already staring back at him. She knew he was there. Laughing it off, she turned her head to one side and squeezed out the wetness of her hair. She squeezed it all. Now, it was dry.

 

Taemin was perplexed. For a while, he was trying to deal with the reality of the circumstances, but then he found himself looking at her excessively, how she was talking with those fireflies while she carelessly gave herself some seconds to look at him and give him a flirty smile. Gosh, even a wink.

He was enchanted by her grace.

Enchanted, literally, and he didn’t even know.

The human-like creature called him with her index. He wanted to hesitate, still incredulous., but he accessed to her wish, moving forward to the brunette.

 

“Hi,” he said first thing while the girl was sitting at the soil rounding the border of the pound. A smile appeared as a reflection of hers.

“Hello, Taemin,” she whispered. His smile faded away, unsure of her knowledge.

“H-how do you know my name?,” Taemin asked somewhat frivolously.

“Sit down, please,” said the brunette, patting a side.

Taemin was reluctant again, but he couldn’t help it. He sat down where she told him. He looked at her and concentrated on the way some freckles decorated her flawless, glowing skin. Also, he then was looking at every curled eyelash over her almond glossy eyes. His sight landed to her soft-textured lips which made him gulp.

If he was lost back then, now he was completely lost for sure.

“Why are you here?,” said those same lips to the static Taemin.

“Huh?,” he looked back at her eyes.

“Oh, I. . . I got lost, and I have no idea how that happened. But you didn’t ans--”

“I can help you find your way back,” she interrupted.

“Really? Oh, but how? I mean, even if you’ve got a map or anything like that, I’m pretty sure there’s no way--”

“Kiss me,” she once again interrupted, but now with a short, unusual sentence.

“What?”

“Kiss me,” the brunette repeated, sounding totally serious with her request but healing the demanding feeling of it with a warm smile.

“But. . .” the stuttering Taemin pronounced, spacing his full sentence on a second of wavering since he gave a sight to her lips. “We barely now each other,” murmured somewhat embarrassed.

“I know you,” she replied.

“But from wh--“

For the third time, he was interrupted. Not by words, but with the comfort of her lips. She drew hers with a convincing yet delicate essence and jointed with the plump cushions. She placed a hand around his neck and ran her fingers between the hair strands of the male. He shut his eyes, wandering with the lingering feeling rushing through his spine.

The amount of dopamine produced foreshadowed his sole doom.

 

The feminine creature opened her eyes before he could even do so. She still looked at him with a fortified passion on her glance, but yet, all of a sudden, she lowered her hand to his shirt collar and dragged him inside the pond.


Now Taemin was the one fighting to survive. That was not promising, either.

She insisted to sink his whole body as deep as she could go.

Yes, the "she" he trusted. Too late to know her ethereal charm was a trap.

And he fell for it.

 

A trap.

Better said, a revenge.