Lock Down

Killer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

You woke up before your alarm like usual. The sun was just rising and you stretched tiredly. You always woke up before your alarm, it was a pretty useless thing to have, but you always set it just incase you slept in. You had that kind of luck where if you didn't set it, you would sleep in and be late for school. 

You changed out of your pajamas and into your school uniform. You packed your school bag, checking everything twice just incase you forgot something. You went downstairs where your mother was preparing breakfast for you. 

Your two year old twin brothers were laid out on the couch in front of the television, barely able to keep their eyes open, "They woke up early again?" You asked your mother with a chuckle. She looked exhausted.

"Ugh yes.." She groaned irritably, "I got up to go to the bathroom and they must have heard me. I brought them out here and put the kids channel on for them, but now they look like they haven't slept in three days."

As your brothers enjoyed their nap, you and your mother sat at the dining table and enjoyed the feast she had made with the extra two hours she had. Your father woke up just as you finished eating and immediately headed off to work. 

You walked him to the door and kissed him on the cheek before seeing him off. Once he was out of sight, you shut and locked the door. You loved in a poor area and crime was common. Although nothing had ever happened to your family, your mother was always strict when it came to locking doors and windows. 

As you helped your mother clean up the dishes you heard a car horn toot from outside, "Ah! She's here already." You said surprised and looked up at the clock. You placed the bowl down on the shelf and tossed the towel on the bench, "Sorry mum, I gotta go." You said and hugged her goodbye. 

You grabbed your school bag hurriedly and ran out the front, your mum waved goodbye and called, "Bye Na Young! Have a good day!" She locked the door and returned to the kitchen. You saw Naeun and her mum in the car parked across the street and smiled brightly. 

You hopped into the back seat and Naeun shoved you playfully. Naeun has been your best friend since primary school and the two of you were inseparable, "Hello Mrs. Lee." You greeted politely and she smiled through the rear view mirror before driving off. Naeun's mother always drove you to school, you were like a daughter to her.

You arrived and hopped out of the car. You both waved to Mrs. Lee and watched her drive away. You turned and looked at your school. You were in your final year and this place held a lot of memories for you.

It had a large brick fence that surrounded the school grounds and large black gates at the entrance. It was an old classic. Brick, wooden framed windows and in need of some sort of paint job. But it was your second home, and you would hate to see any changes done to it.

You and Naeun strolled toward the front doors, chatting about some new drama you both watched last night on tv. Classmates and even juniors were greeting you with smiles. Everybody knew you. The school only had 150 students, so you all knew each other by the face at least. The small community created felt more like a big family.

A group of boys from another class greeted you both enthusiastically. You waved and bowed politely, keeping a composed expression. You weren't much of a talker, but you mingled well with everyone. 

After putting your bag in your locker, you and Naeun both went to your class. You strolled inside and saw the popular, handsome group of boy sitting at the back like usual. They were the 'hotties' of the school, and just happened to be players of the schools hockey team. Although you've been seeing them everyday for the last six years, they still made your heart flutter.

Particularly, a certain someone named Jong In. You had the biggest crush on him and seeing him gave you the butterflies, "Hi." He greeted with a smile when he saw you placing your books down on your desk.

You smiled, "Hey." You said as casually as you could, but you couldn't stop your cheeks from turning bright red. You glanced at Naeun who sat in the desk beside you and saw her making kissing faces at you. You glared at her before giggling and turning away. 

The bell rang and your teacher, Mrs. Choi entered. Everyone scattered to their own seats and first period commenced per usual. You were all taking the notes down when she s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter