Final

Let's end it together

Word count; 10820

A/n: I looked through my old drafts and saw that I had this one typed up a while go, and since it's already completed, I decided to just publish it to get it out of my way. 

*

"Don't go near that place Jongin, it brings bad luck." - Mother

"Sweetie, that place is haunted." - Father

"They say those who go in won't come back out. Stay away from that place, alright Jongin? If you do, I'll buy you a lot of candy." - Noona.

Even with warnings flying from all directions, Jongin had a temptation to defy them. Go in. He thought. Go into that house and see for yourself if it's really haunted. Go in and see if you'll be stuck there. Go in. It was like something was pulling him in by his heart strings.

*

In Jongin's room, if he looked out the window on the far wall of his room, down the road and up the green hill, he would be able to see that house. The house was easy to spot. It was old, had outgrown weeds and trees. No one lived near it, resulting in empty yards surrounding the area. It carried an eerie aura around it, and ever since Jongin was a kid, he was told not to go there.

As he grew older, he'd start feeling like their warnings were useless. The feeling of wanting to go into that house had crawled up his skin to the point he was covered in little prickles. No matter what, those feelings wouldn't go away, and sometimes he would find himself just sitting by his window, staring at that place until he lost track of time and hours had flew by.

All his friends had been there, betted who'd be less scared, exchanged money, had fun and it all seemed to have turn out fine. It was nothing like his Noona said. No one disappeared, no one got hurt; everything was fine.

There were stories though. Stories from before Jongin was born. Stories of people actually disappearing upon stepping in that place. They were all mostly guys, though, which led to suspicion that the thing haunting that place was probably the e who lost her life there years ago.

It was said that she'd went there to have a pleasant night with a wealthy man for a bundle of cash. Back then the place was still beautiful and spacious, decorated with accessories that blinged and expensive furniture to complement the well lit rooms, but after she was murdered for attempting to run away with the money without proper service, the government having never put the culprits in jail, the house became abandoned and was left to rot.

Back when Jongin was just a kid people were still disappearing, that was why his family members had warned him so much not to go near there, but lately, nothing's been happening to that place. It'd sit all day and night. No one really bothered going there anymore now that it was old fossilized news. People were starting to get more interested other things that actually punched a scare.

Even if it was like that, Jongin's family still warned him once in awhile. Perhaps they could feel it from him that he'll go there. Perhaps that's why they were still keeping a watch on him.

Jongin was a curious teenage boy, after all.

Every morning when he rode the bus to school, he would pass by the house. It was as eerie as ever. But deep inside, Jongin had a sense in him that there was beauty in the house as well. He couldn't understand it himself why he felt that way, it was just the strong feeling gnawing at his heart. He desperately wanted to find out what was so beautiful about an old run down home.

At school, Jongin's circle of friends remain minimal. It had been like that ever since he entered high school. There was no point in having many friends when you really only need a few. He did somehow manage to get along fine with everyone, and although rumored to be a playboy, Jongin never received trouble from other guys.

"Do you still remember when we went into that house? Sehun was such a crybaby back then. He's changed a lot in 4 years." Jongdae said, cracking a laugh now and then when Sehun, who was sitting across from him pouted.

"Sure was funny. He lost a lot of money over that bet," Minseok said, making a hand gesture like he was counting dollar money. "I got the most, I remember. Although you Jongdae, aren't afraid of fake haunted houses, that real one really did mess you up good. Maybe we should go back for old times sakes."

"Nah, I'm not going back. I'm too grown up to play childish games." Sehun said. Just 4 years ago Sehun was a crybaby, he was a weird boy with braces and glasses, but at the first day of Junior year, he had completely changed. He wore contacts and got rid of his braces, he even dyed his hair a lighter brown and styled it each day. He was no longer going to wear the name of a crybaby.

"'Cuz you're afraid, right?" Jongdae bit back with a sly smirk.

Sehun only sighed and got up with his food tray and left to join his other group of friends.

Jongin shrugged. Sehun was an 'all around' type of guy. He didn't particularly hang with specific people. Whoever annoyed him more would be left behind, and whoever made him feel like a queen, he'd join them. He became pretty cool.

"Hey Jongin, wanna go? We can all go together and check that place out again. You didn't go those few years ago, right?" Jongdae said, leaning in as if he was telling a government secret.

Jongin hummed, deep in thoughts. This would be his one and only chance to finally go see that house. He had nothing to lose and his parents wouldn't know if he did go there. They were persistent about his whereabouts but it wouldn't be his first time lying to them. "Um sure. I've avoided going there since I was a kid, but it's been awhile since anyone disappeared so it's probably fine now."

"Your family is strict about you going, huh? Well, don't be worried. We got you covered. We'll even provide flashlights." Jongdae said and looked at Minseok for agreement.

"Yeah. So, meet up at the house at midnight. Jongin you can sneak out, right?" Minseok said, worriedly.

 

 

"Yeah," Jongin answered. He wasn't so sure though since his Noona who was still living with them was a light sleeper. She'd probably wake up if she heard him open the front door. 

"Okay then. Meet up tonight, alright? Wear warm clothing, and maybe a bag in case you losers want to throw up! Hahaha!" Jongdae was so hyped about it he didn't waste time showing it on his face.

Jongin couldn't wait to go. He'd finally see the place and find out if it was true that something was there.

*

 

 

Window opened, the door to his bedroom locked, Jongin faced forward and jumped out of his room, landing on both his feet. The pain hit him immediately, but when he stood up, it was already gone. The roads were empty and the night was completely dead silent, save for the rustling leaves.

Jongin made his way down the road and up the hill. When he approached, the two figures already there waved at him. He began jogging to join them, Minseok passing him a flashlight. When he opened it for a test, the light was weak and dim. He frowned.

"Don't make that face Jongin, hahaha! It's dim so it's scarier! Now come on, let's go inside already!" Jongdae laughed and was the first one to start walking inside the gate. Minseok followed with a chuckle, and Jongin last.

He wasn't frowning because he would be scared, it was more that if the light was weak then he wouldn't be able to see anything inside and that beats the point of coming. He just wanted to see what it was like inside. The whole scare-each-other crap didn't even matter.

Dead tree branches were littering the whole ground along with tall uncut grass, and each time they took a step, a branch would snap.

Jongin could hardly see in front of him. The flashlight wasn't helping much.

Jongdae seemed to have the brightness flashlight though, and Jongin wanted that one so bad.

"Alright! Let's go inside! Feeling scared yet Jongin?" Jongdae asked and opened the broken door. The paint on the walls was coming off, giving the walls a rusty look.

"Not really. But can we trade flashlights? I can't see with these." Jongin said and reached his hand out for the flashlight.

"Nope. You got what you got, and that's final. Going in now." Jongdae smirked when Jongin frowned deeper. He sighed and followed the two inside.

The first thing Jongin could make out was the huge glittering chandelier hanging up on the ceiling. When Jongin pointed his light up, there were slight glints. There might have been pieces on the floor as well. He pointed his light at a direction and spotted what seemed to be a foot-sized holes.fireplace, the bricks bad mostly chipped off, and around it were couches with scratches and broken leather. On the other side was a huge red carpet staircase going up to the second level. Some of the steps seemed to have been broken into, leaving

"How is it Jongin, can you imagine how nice this place would have been if it was still new?" Minseok asked, pointing his flashlight at Jongin, almost blinding him. He blocked his face and nodded.

They began walking again down the hallway, and Jongin followed quietly while he looked inside some of the rooms as they passed. They weren't bedrooms, more like random storage rooms full of dust and things Jongin couldn't make out anymore. 

They stopped by what seemed to be the kitchen. There were still some dented pots and pans in the cupboards that had their doors ripped off. There were dirt and some black substances in the sink. People must've come and gone in the place and ruined everything. Jongin suddenly felt pissed, as if intruders had ruined his own home while he was out.

"Jongin, you ready for the best part?" Jongdae asked, looking back at him, and aiming the light straight at his face. Jongin had the urge to punch him in his face and they can compare which was more painful, getting punched or having light aim straight at one's eyes.

"What's the best part?" He asked,  uninterested.

"The best part.." He began, but stopped and turned his flashlight off. Minseok turned his off as well. Now only Jongin's dimly lit flashlight was on. He had a feeling something stupid was about to happen. Remind him why he was friends with that jerk Jongdae. Never mind Minseok, Jongin knew he had a crush on Jongdae so he just follows everything the jerk says.

"...is when we leave you behind and you have to find your own way back!" Minseok finished.

Jongin watched as his friends disappear from sight, their stupid laughter and footsteps fading into silence. Jongin groaned. Well, at least they were gone now. Jongin aimed his flashlight towards the hall and kept going. He wasn't about to go back without taking a good look first. This could be his last time being in here.

Too bad his flashlight was so dim.

Jongin walked around for a while, sometimes tripping when he couldn't see that there was something by his foot, but he managed going all over the house and seeing what he came here for. There were multiple bedrooms on the second floor, and multiple bathrooms as well. He came back to the stairs, ready to leave when he heard running footsteps down the hall to his left.

Jongin paused and listened.

He heard them again, only this time closer and the footsteps slowed as if whoever it was was walking now.

"Jongdae? Minseok? You both still in here?" He called out and faced the hall. It was pitch black. The footsteps came closer, so close Jongin should be able to see whoever it was now, but no one came into view.

"Jong-"

"Jongin! What the are you doing up there!! We thought you tripped and died or something!" That was Jongdae's voice. And the light that was aimed at him from downstairs hit the side of his face was definitely Jongdae's since it was the brightest.

So Jongdae was downstairs.

Then the one who was in the hall should be Minseok?

"Yeah Jongin, come down here! You scared us to death when you didn't come out after 10 minutes!" That was Minseok and he was definitely with Jongdae. Another beam of light came up, this time slightly away from Jongin, and towards the hall. "What are you looking at?"

Jongin stared for a moment, getting the feeling of someone- or something staring back. Then the slightest of movement caught his eye and he turned back towards his friends. "Nothing. I'm coming down." Jongin said and carefully went down the steps, watching out for the holes.

Jongdae and Minseok both looked genuinely worried, so Jongin decided to forgive them this time for being and attempting to scare him. No wonder Sehun left, he must've been scared half to death 4 years ago when Jongdae and Minseok ran out on him.

"What have you been doing in there? Did you lose your way?" Jongdae asked once they were outside.

"No, I was looking around because I was curious how the place looked like," Jongin answered with a shrug.

"Well , I almost bricks because of you. My stomach couldn't stop feeling like I ate poison."

"Then you and Minseok shouldn't have left me."

"You should've found your way out!"

"Whatever. Let's go back. I'm dead tired." Jongin said and was about to go when Minseok grabbed his arm, stopping him.

He looked into Jongin's eyes, "You were looking at something, what was it?"

Jongin looked down at his hand, then back up at his face, "Who knows." He smiled and yanked his hand free. "Guess." With a chuckle, Jongin headed back the way he came. Maybe he'll tell them about it tomorrow. It was intriguing that something else was in there with him.

Jongin opened the front door as quietly as possible. Good thing he had his keys because when he came back, he couldn't get into his room the same he got out. He closed the door behind him and locked it before making his way up the stairs, one by one, as slowly as possible. Just when he was to his room, he got caught.

"Jongin, what are you doing up this late?" It was his Noona. He had a feeling it was going to be her. Their parents slept like logs, maybe that's where Jongin got the gene from.

"I was in the bathroom, had to pee." He explained.

She looked him up and down. "Then why are you dressed like that?"

"'Cuz I'm cold?" Jongin answered with a shrug. She stared at him for a long while before she gave a 'humph' and went back to her room. Jongin sighed. Safe for the night.

*

Jongin had the strangest dream that night. It felt like someone was controlling his dream and he couldn't do anything about it as he was taken back to that house, only it was brand new, and Jongin was dressed in a sort of old western clothing. The whole place was beautiful. There were maids serving him as he entered the place like his own, one taking his outer coat, another coming over to grab the bag in his hand.

He remembered how breakfast was delicious, how peaceful the place was. And how, that certain someone brought warmth to Jongin's heart. Throughout the whole dream, as he and that anonymous person talked, held hands, hugged, Jongin felt the feeling as if he was home. If only he had seen that person's face.

"I told Jongdae about it and we both discussed it yesterday. And we conclude that you saw the e." That was the first thing Minseok said when they joined for lunch.

Sehun gave them the 'what the ' face and stood up. "Now you guys are just being weird." He said before he left to join his other group of friends.

"You think?" Jongin asked and dug into his lunch. He felt hungry. P.E was no joke as the teacher made them run about 5 laps around the track. Most of the students gave up halfway. Jongin used up all his energy completing the run. His grades were in turmoil right now and that little run would bump up his grade.

"Yeah! That's what we think! Who else can be there?!" Jongdae yelled, slamming his fist onto the table. His cup of water almost tipped. 

Jongin shrugged. "The people who disappeared, maybe?" It could be anyone. There were more than enough people disappearing and any of the spirits could still be roaming around that house, desperately wanting to leave but they can't.

They two went silent for a moment, then they both nodded, "Right...right! Maybe you're right! Maybe that place is infested with ghosts!" Jongdae yelled again, gaining stares from other tables. Jongin sighed and shook his head. Jongdae really had no sense to the situation.

"Just tell us, I know you saw something Jongin. You wouldn't have stared that hard into nothing." Minseok said, pushing Jongdae's annoying face away to grab all of Jongin's attention. He was serious here.

"You're right. I saw something. And it wasn't a girl's figure." He said, then took a gulp of his water to flush his food down his throat, "Now guess again. What did I see?"

"You mean you saw a guy?" Minseok asked in disbelief.

Jongin nodded. He definitely saw a guy's body. He just couldn't see the face due to the shadow of the hall covering it when Minseok's light beam hit close to him. But it was definitely a guy, dressed in....old- Jongin stopped chewing. The person he saw at that house was dressed exactly like the guy in Jongin's dream. Although it was dark at that time, the provided lights from Jongdae and Minseok was enough for him to make out the clothing.

"What's wrong Jongin?" Minseok asked when he noticed Jongin’s face had turned pale and was staring blankly at them.

Jongin snapped back and shook his head. "It's nothing." It's nothing concerning his friends, anyway. "Just thought of the dream I had last night."

"You know..." Minseok began, actually looking quite dazed himself as he stared down at his tray of food.

That caught Jongin's attention, but he kept we eating and stayed silent as an indication for him to continue. Jongdae was also patiently waiting as well.

"A guy, right? You saw a guy. 4 years ago when we went there, when Sehun was with us, and after we had scared him, after we all went back, he kept crying that he saw a guy. He didn't talk to us for a week and every time we did manage to talk to him, he would only say the guy was appearing in his dreams, but....he said the dream was weird. He said the dream was of someone else too.

At that time we didn't know you Jongin, we met you a few months later. But right after Sehun met you, he started panicking again. He told us you were a ghost. We didn't believe him until he explained to us that the other guy who was in his dream was you. It seemed Sehun must've thought that anyone who appeared in the dream would be a ghost. You and that guy from the house seemed to have been in love or something, that's what Sehun told us.

Of course, I decided to bury it and kept it from you, because it wasn't important if Sehun did see you in his dream, maybe it was a coincidence, but now that you mention a dream, I thought back to it and thought maybe I should tell you about it, maybe it's something important after all, what do you think Jongin?"

Jongin bit his lip, deep in thoughts. He could only come up with one conclusion, "How about we visit the house again?" It would be good too, Jongin can continue to look around a bit and find more details he might've missed the last time.

"Now that you two have discussed some creepy stuff, I don't really want to go back," Jongdae said from the side.

Minseok ignored him with a roll of the eyes, "Why do we need to go back? Aren't you the slightest afraid of that house now that you know something is in there? And someone who seems to know you too, according to the dream Sehun described."

"I'm not that scared, no, actually, I'm not scared at all. When we stepped into that house, although it was run down and kind of creepy looking, I actually had this feeling like I was home." Jongin said, truly from the bottom of his heart. He didn't feel anything of what Minseok said, and strange as it was, Jongin was actually happy to feel like that.

".....home? That place?" Minseok asked, his brows raised like he didn't want to believe Jongin one bit.

Jongin nodded with a smile. It was just a feeling he had that he too couldn't explain. Ever since he was a child he had wanted to go there somehow, just go. There was no reason, the feeling of wanting just filled his whole mind. He did somehow manage to listen to his parents and family, and never went once, but he could feel it, that he wanted to go so bad. He never understood those feelings, they were just always there and he adapted to them, in a way.

And when he actually went there for the first time, Jongin could feel it too. A feeling of satisfaction. I'm finally here! Was what he thought.

"That's weird, you know." Minseok said with a frown.

"Not really. But maybe it's just because you two are scaredy-cats." Jongin said and smirked. "It's alright though, you two don't have to go. I can go by myself." He would be fine without his friends. There was nothing at that house anyway, and although there could seriously be ghosts, what could go wrong?

"No. We're going. And this time, we're making Sehun come with us." Minseok said, "We wouldn't want you going in and never coming out."

Jongin laughed, it was funny he even thought of that, "Hahaha it's alright. If I don't come out, then at least I know I'll be inside that house, so I guess it's fine." It was a joke, Jongin knew, but deep inside, he also knew it wasn't a joke.

"Jongin stop talking like that! You're scaring me!" Jongdae whined, reaching over the table to grab Jongin by the collar and shaking him harshly. "You won't become a ghost in that house! You still got us and we love youuu!"

"Alright alright!" Jongin pushed him off and continued to eat. People were staring at them again today, Jongin didn't want attention in that way.

Jongin thought about it as he chewed, and he questioned himself, would he mind not coming out? Would be mind being stuck in that house as some ghost? Would be mind seeing that guy from that house?

He probably wouldn't.

 

 

Because the feeling that he belonged there gnawed at his heart.

*

Jongin had the dream about the same person, his face was still unknown though, and when Jongin awoke, he desperately wished he had seen who the guy was. This time they weren't in the house. They were actually walking around and enjoying Seoul, when Seoul hadn't been built quite large yet and the tallest skyscraper was only at least 30 floors. (Don't judge me lol I'm just guessing. Just pretend this is an older Seoul okay? XP).

Jongin could feel just how much fun they had together just talking and enjoying themselves.

"You look tired Jongin." Was the first thing Minseok said over lunch.

"Not as tired as Tao over there though." Sehun butted in and sat down beside Jongin.

"It's nothing. Just had another dream." Jongin said and shrugged. It was no big deal. He just didn’t go back to sleep after waking up in the middle of the night because of that dream, and spent a good amount of hours just staring at his ceiling and replaying that dream over and over again. The more he thought about it though, the less he would remember it in details, as all dreams go, and that’s exactly why he was trying so hard to stay awake.

"What was the dream about?" Minseok continued. He seemed genuinely curious as he cut his spaghetti up into small pieces. He usually ate with a spoon, weird. He had been doing that ever since Jongin met him, and at first it was weird that he would stare, now he just sort of got used to seeing it.

Jongin remembered how he didn't tell them about his dreams yesterday, so they probably don't know that he had dreamt about that guy. "Uh well, both dreams was about him."

"Him?" Sehun asked.

Jongin groaned. That was why he should've been eating with them yesterday. Now Sehun was clueless and they'd probably have to tell him everything over again. Jongin didn't feel like he wanted to do that. He didn't feel like he wanted to since Sehun probably already know of the guy.

"The dream Sehun, remember your dream of that guy from that house? I assume Jongin means it like that." Minseok clarified and looked at Jongin for affirmation.

Sehun nodded, "Oh him. So it's happening to Jongin now. How does it feel Jongin, to dream about yourself and someone else, who's a guy. You're not gay, right?"

Jongin shrugged. He didn't think he was gay. He did like girls. But sometimes now and then, some guys would also make him feel it too. But Jongin wouldn't feel it to the point he'd want to start something with those said males. It just never happened.

"Let's not talk about uality. So about the dream, want to describe it?" Minseok asked. Jongin noticed how Jongdae hadn't said a thing. He seemed deep in thought.

Jongin told them about the first dream and second dream. Sehun seemed quite interested as he followed along quietly, not even commenting or interrupting like he always did. When Jongin finished, he gave them the 'So, waddya think?' Look.

"Yeah...the first dream is just like mine, that's why you creeped me out when we first met. Seriously thought you were the ghost in my dream coming to haunt me." Sehun said. There was no humor in his voice.

"Jongdae, what do you think?" Minseok nudged him on the side.

He blinked and shrugged, "Dunno. Seems interesting though. But I do have a question. I've been thinking...well, just now, but why is it you Jongin? Even from 4 years ago, it's you in the dream even though at that time you've never stepped foot in that house. There has to be a explanation to it, right?"

"I'm thinking maybe the guy knows Jongin?" Minseok answered unsurely.

"But 4 years ago Jongin only knew us. And even if he knew someone else, that someone, at that time, some people were disappearing, but no one in school was reported. Did someone you know from outside school disappear Jongin?"

Jongin shook his head. The people he knew outside of school were still alive. The grandmas and grandpas he knew from around the neighborhood all passed with age. The kid he'd always talk to at the playground moved away already.

"A stalker?" Sehun suggested.

Jongin shook his head again. If it was a stalker, he would have noticed. His parents would have noticed for sure with their hawk eyes.

"Well, whatever. We're going tonight so let's see what happens this time." Minseok said and looked at Sehun, "And you're coming with us Sehun."

"No way! I'm not going! You'll all just trick me or something!"

"Sehun, with this much going on, having the same dreams, Jongin and you seeing the same guy, do you think we're making this up? Plus, I only want you to go because since you saw him 4 years ago, maybe you and Jongin have something in common so I just wanted to see if you'll see him again." Minseok explained.

Sehun was silent for a while. "Fine. But I'm bringing my own flashlight this time. I don't trust you. Last time you gave me a flashlight that was so weak, I might as well didn't have it."

"Alright alright. Midnight then."

"No! Can't we go after school when it's still light out?"

Minseok sighed, "Do you think any ghost would want to come out in the daytime? Plus, they're more active at night." 

Sehun frowned and glared at him.

"Midnight then."

They all nodded with the final decision.

Jongin couldn't wait to go back.

*

Jongin, Minseok, and Jongdae all waited for Sehun to show up. Time was ticking by the second, and it was already passed midnight by 10 minutes, they weren't so sure anymore if he was going to show up since he sounded reluctant yesterday in lunch. They were wasting time.

"That brat." Jongdae groaned, shuffling his foot back and forth against the gravel on the ground. Minseok looked just as bored as he switched his flashlight on and off.

"Maybe we should just go in without-" Jongin began, but was quickly cut off.

"Hey, guys! I'm coming!"

They all faced Sehun to shush him with a 'shhhhhh' and their fingers on their lips. It was in the middle of the night, yet he was yelling at the top of his lungs like Jongin and the other two were death.

"Oops sorry!" He chirped, smiling sheepishly.

They all stopped to stare at the huge thing Sehun was carrying with him. Jongin couldn't believe he brought that. Just a normal small flashlight should do. He didn't need to be that exaggerated about it.

"Really?" Jongdae asked and scoffed, "You do know if you have that, then it might as well be the same we coming here in the day time."

Sehun shrugged and held his hand-held spotlight with a large reflector flashlight against his chest, "I had to buy this with my allowance, but I don't regret anything because this baby is gonna make sure I'm as bright as the sun in there."

"Yeah, and you're gonna scare away any ghosts." Jongdae reminded him with a shook of the head.

"That's the point!"

"Actually," Minseok began, "Ghosts aren't afraid of lights. They're basically all around us, even in daylight, we just don't see them because they have weak powers. But the ones in this house have more power, so with that amount of light Sehun, you might end up attracting them to you instead of scaring them off. Well, good luck to you." He smirked before taking lead and heading inside first.

Jongin could hear Sehun gulp. He just chuckled and headed inside as well, alongside with Jongdae.

"Wait guys! Don't leave me!" They could hear Sehun chasing after them until he pushed passed Jongin so he could be in the middle.

Once they were inside, each of them opened their flashlights. Except for Sehun who decided to cling onto Jongin's arm instead. "Turn on your flashlight," Jongin said and pointed his light up to the same area he last saw the guy. He would appreciate more light, that way he'd have a better view of the place.

"I don't want to. What if they come after me?" Sehun asked and held onto Jongin even tighter. "Don't leave me Jongin. Minseok and Jongdae are jerks and I don't trust them."

"I won't leave you," Jongin said and chuckled. He noticed how Sehun was back to being that kid from 4 years ago. "I'll stay right-"

The distant sound of something huge falling stopped Jongin mid-sentence. They all turned towards the direction of the sound, which was on the upper floor. Sehun was now whimpering and hiding his face against Jongin's chest.

"You all heard that right?" Minseok asked, turning to look at Jongin. He nodded. It was loud and clear that something was upstairs. He wondered what caused it.

"Let's go check it out," Minseok said and linked arms with Jongdae to pull him along to the stairs. Jongin watched them go and was about to join when something he was holding didn't allow him.

"I don't wanna go!" Sehun pulled Jongin back. When Jongin looked down, Sehun's eyes were filled with tears, and his face was already wet. He was literally crying like a baby. Jongin hadn't seen that face for a while, seeing it now made him want to laugh, but instead, he sighed. Sehun looked seriously scared. And that was no laughing matter. "It's gonna be fine Sehun. You got me right here next to you. Right now Jongdae and Minseok are serious too so rely on them just as much as me. Now let's go, they're gonna leave us behind. Turn on your flashlight if you're scared."

"W-what if they c-come after me?"

"It's gonna be fine. They probably want me, because it was me in the dream right?" Jongin said and smiled. He wasn't so sure himself, but anything to ease Sehun would do. Right now, it would be bad if Sehun panicked and just lost it.

"Are you sure?"

"Yep! I'm sure. So turn on your flashlight."

Sehun remained silent, then he shook his head. "No. I'd rather they don't take any of us."

Jongin nodded, "Okay, then let's go." They went up slowly, following the light that probably belonged to Jongdae and Minseok that was heading down the hallway.

"Guys hurry up!" Jongdae called back at them.

Jongin followed the light into a room where Minseok and Jongdae were looking around in. "I thought I heard it in here," Minseok said out loud.

"Me too." Jongdae agreed.

Jongin looked around too. Nothing seemed out of place. The place was still dusty and everything was in the same place as the last time he saw it. "Here, watch Sehun. I'll go look in the other rooms." Jongin said and passed Sehun to the other two. "Don't be , okay? Sehun is seriously freaked out." He warned.

"We got it. We're seriously freaked out too. You're the only who seems calm here Jongin." Minseok said, pointing his flashlight at Jongin's face.

Jongin groaned, blocking out the light with his hand. He had the urge to punch Minseok as well. "Whatever. Wait here for me."

He went out the room and down the hall towards another room. Now that he had a working flashlight, everything seemed so much more detailed and clear. He was impressed how he had missed so much details last time he came. Jongin stopped at a room and looked around. Nothing was changed.

He looked at one of the far walls and noticed how there was a picture hanging there. He didn't notice that before.

Jongin went closer and aimed his light at it. The picture was dusty and he could hardly see what it was, but he had a feeling it was of two guys standing next to each other. One was taller than the other, according to their shoulder lengths. The taller one had his face ripped off, leaving a gaping space there. The shorter one's face had faded out.

It was a useless portrait. He couldn't tell how they looked, but he assumed it was of the last owners of the house.

Jongin turned to leave. When he was in the hallway, something caught his eye. It wasn't movement this time, nor the feeling of someone staring at him, but down the hall, at the very end, was light coming from the bottom space of the door. Jongin tilted his head. He remembered the rest were waiting for him in a room down the hall to his right. But that door was to his left.

Jongin shrugged it off and decided to go find out what was making that light. There was clearly no electricity in the house so lights shouldn't work. Nothing he could explain would cause that much light. Based on the lights peeking through the bottom, Jongin assumed the whole room was lit up.

When he reached and grabbed the doorknob, he twisted. It was locked from the inside.

Jongin pressed his ear against the door in curiosity and gasped when he heard faint music playing, and humming as well. "What is in here?" He wondered out loud and turned back to maybe find something that he could use to break the knob. He was just a few steps away when he heard a click, then a squeak and the music and humming became louder.

Jongin glanced back, not expecting for the door to have opened slightly.

He walked back and pushed the door aside.

Inside, stood a man facing a record player. He was dressed in old western clothing, and the whole room was brand new. All the dust and whatever was in there before had disappeared, and replaced with what seemed to be the most beautiful room Jongin had ever seen. He realized immediately that this was a bedroom due to the king sized bed on the other side of the room.

The windows were opened, and the wind was blowing against the curtains as the blue sky gleamed with birds flying and chirping, chasing each other. Jongin stopped his trend of thoughts. It wasn't supposed to be daytime at all. They came in the middle of the night.

Jongin looked down at himself and flinched in shock. He was also wearing old western clothing.

The other guy turned around. Something about him felt familiar.

"Oh, Jongin! You've arrived from your trip, I missed you so much!" He smiled widely, coming closer to Jongin.

"Who are you?" Jongin asked and looked back down the hall, hoping that the other guys would come out and see everything. His eyes only widened when it was no longer a dark dusty hall, but a nicely floored and painted one. There were multiple portraits and paintings lining the walls, each was of a different person. Where was he?

"I'm Kyungsoo, do you remember? You said you'd come back. You said you'd come back to me, but you've been gone for so long Jongin, I've waited this whole time for you, watching over our home, and making sure it's clean."

Jongin turned back, about to refuse any acknowledgment over what the other said because he really had no idea what was going on, but he was tugged into a warm hug.

"...really missed you so much Jongin."

Jongin opened his mouth, but no words came out. His arms began moving on their own and wrapped around the other's torso. Jongin knew he didn't know the guy, Kyungsoo, but something deep inside him felt relieved that they could be this close to each other, that Kyungsoo was waiting for him for some reason.

"Did you miss me?" He asked and looked up with teary yet hopeful eyes. Now that Jongin took a good look at him, Kyungsoo may not be as old as Jongin thought he was. He looked like someone straight out of high school.

"Jongin? Is something wrong?" He asked, now his wide smile from before gone. Just seeing that smile fade saddened  Jongin and he didn't know why.

Jongin shook his head. He didn't know this Kyungsoo, not even the slightest, but he felt right about everything so far. "Yeah...I missed you too." He answered, feeling like that should be the correct answer.

"Really? Hahaha that's great!" He chirped and buried his face into Jongin's chest. Jongin nuzzled his nose into Kyungsoo's hair and exhaled. He couldn't understand why everything felt so right. This was their first time meeting and he had no clue what was going on. He had a slight thought that this was the same one from his dream, but he couldn't be sure.

The one in his dream didn't show his face. But then again, if it was the same person from the dream then Jongin can conclude that he was hugging a spirit right now. So everything that was happening must not be real.

And yet, Jongin didn't want to believe that either because the person he was holding felt awfully real. It felt awfully warm and cozy like they both needed a hug that was long overdue.

"Jongin, what are you doing?"

Jongin whipped his head back to look when he heard Minseok's voice. The hall was once again dark, and Minseok was pointing his flashlight straight at Jongin's face. He considered punching him for real this time, but remembered about Kyungsoo and turned his face back to the front.

Darkness greeted him. It was no longer that beautiful room and the guy named Kyungsoo who was in his arms was nowhere in sight. But the record player was still there, all dusty with spider webs and a little rusted.

"We waited but you didn't return. It's been at least 15 minutes now. Did you find what made that loud sound?"

Jongin shook his head. He didn't find what made that sound, but he did find out who caused it. "Sorry, let's go." Jongin went and joined him, "How's Sehun?"

"He's fine. Although he's whining now that there's something here, and its got a lot of power."

"Does Sehun have an ability to see and sense ghosts?" Jongin asked with a chuckle. It would be pretty cool if it was true. He'd always heard about people with these sort of abilities, he never knew one could be so close. 

"I don't know, he never tells us important things like that, but earlier he said he sensed something very strong this way, so I decided to come check. Didn't think you'd be here." He said with a shrug. He was staring at Jongin oddly.

"What?" Jongin confronted. If he had something to say, then he might as well say it. Keeping it in and staring at Jongin would only result in him getting punched.

"Just what were you doing this whole time?" He finally asked.

Jongin shrugged, "Nothing much."

"Don't lie Jongin, you better be prepared to tell us something tomorrow. We're heading home for tonight. I don't think Sehun can take anymore." He said and sped up his walking.

Jongin didn't understand why Minseok looked so angry. It wasn't like he did anything wrong. He scoffed and looked back towards the hall. He decided to not use his flashlight, and in the darkness of the hall, Jongin could feel something staring back at him. Kyungsoo was still there, Jongin thought and smiled.

*

Jongin's dream person finally had a face, and it turned out to be Kyungsoo.

"Now tell us Jongin," Minseok said. He sure was curious about it. Jongin made a gesture for him and the rest to wait as he opened his carton of milk and took a sip. He wasn't really interested in telling them, they wouldn't believe him anyway since what happened seemed to have happened in Jongin's mind.

"I saw him," he said, "And it's true. He knows me."

Sehun had joined them today as well, but he looked much paler than before. Jongin knew something must be bothering him.

"He knows you? Jongin, give us details!" Jongdae slammed his fist against the table. People stared again, this time muttering something within their groups of friends. Jongin rolled his eyes. They must think they were weird or something, always yelling and talking about weird things.

"His name is Kyungsoo. He seems young. And yesterday, it seems like I entered another world or something and I met him. He said he missed me and hugged me, then Minseok came and everything disappeared." Jongin said.

"Really? That's all?" Minseok asked. He didn't seem to believe Jongin one bit.

"Yeah, that's all that happened within those 15 minutes I was gone. But, if it's details you want, then I guess I can tell you that we were both dressed in old western clothing and at that time, he had told me that I was gone for a long time and he had been waiting for me to come back home. I don't understand what he meant either, but to be honest, I hugged him back and it felt really right to be hugging each other. It felt like that hug was something we both wanted."

Minseok sat back into his chair and rubbed his chin. Jongdae seemed to be in thoughts as well. Sehun had his head down. They all looked pretty worried about something Jongin clearly wasn't told about.

"Sehun, tell Jongin about your dream." Minseok began.

Jongin knew something was up.

"He appeared in my dreams and told me to stay away from Jongin. I'm not sure what it meant, but I got the feeling that he's extremely jealous. It must've been because yesterday I clung unto Jongin. That's probably what caused him to make that loud sound."

Jongin nodded. He was having a feeling that was it too. 

"So Jongin, you said the two of you were wearing old western clothing? Sehun, what can you see or feel from what Jongin told us?" Jongdae said and looked at Sehun who nodded and closed his eyes.

"Wait, so Sehun does have some sort of ability?" Jongin butted in. He was pretty impressed with that. To have a friend who's special like that made him feel almost as special to know him. 

Minseok and Jongdae only nodded. Jongin understood that as to keep quiet so Sehun can concentrate.

"Lovers. I'm feeling that. You and him were lovers back in the days. Feelings of loneliness are also something that's overpowering my thoughts. That's all I can feel, I can't see anything." Sehun spoke up.

That made sense, in Jongin's head, otherwise Kyungsoo wouldn't have acted like that towards him when they met in that dream-like reality. He must've waited all alone for Jongin to return from that trip he mentioned. 

"So, that means he's been waiting in that place for you, Jongin?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Now what?"

Jongin shrugged. He didn't know what he was supposed to do now, but he had a feeling he really wanted to visit that house again. Maybe this time he can get some answers from his past lover. The thought itself made Jongin feel giddy inside. Lovers. So they were lovers in the past. He was glad that was what it was.

"All I know is you can't go back Jongin." Sehun said and turned towards him, "He sees you now. Knows you're out here and he wants to be with you. If you go back, he might take you." Sehun seemed to be close to tears.

"Alright, don't have to cry over it Sehun." Jongin laughed and flicked his forehead.

"I'm about to cry because you might disappear like those other people!"

Jongin laughed some more and pulled him closer and hugged him. Sehun shouldn't be crying over something Jongin will soon decide on his own.

Jongin should listen to Sehun's warning though, he really should.

But his temptation to go against it was just as strong as ever.

And his heart was telling him it was going to be fine if he went back.

*

Jongin looked at the house from his window. It was still eerie and looked old, but now he was seeing it with a different light. He wouldn't be avoiding it anymore, even with his family's warnings. Nothing was dangerous about that place, and although it was truly haunted, Jongin still wanted to enter that house no matter what. It was a feeling he didn't want to control.

Maybe it was because he used to live there that going back made it feel like he was entering his own home. It really did though. It felt natural to go there. 

"Jongin, what are you doing in your room? Didn't I tell you we're going to visit grandma? Get ready." His Noona said from the other side of his door. 

"Alright!" Jongin answered. He liked his grandparents, but his grandma was always mysterious and seemed to see everything with her eyes. She'd know Jongin did something before he'd even do it. She, in some way, was like a fortune teller. That's why whenever they visited her, Jongin made sure to be on his best behavior. 

When Jongin was ready, he went out and joined his family in the car. His parents never drove passed that house, they would always go the opposite way then find another way around the house. It was something Jongin had grown used to, but no matter what, they would never be able to stop his interest in that house.

"Ahh my sweetie pies are so much older than the last time they visited!" His grandma said when they entered her home. The first thing Jongin noticed was the way she looked at him. Her eyes were mainly blank so he could never tell what she was thinking. Grandpa was probably resting in his room. He did tend to nap more nowadays, that's what his parent's told him.

"Well, welcome! I've prepared tea!" She was a good and energetic grandma. 

When his mother and Noona took the chance to go out and shop, and his father was in the backyard smoking, Jongin was left alone with his grandma. He sipped his tea and focused on the show on the tv. The volume was kept on low as to not disturb grandpa.

"You've grown Jongin." She said and placed her tea cup down on the center table. "Nice and tall, handsome, and cute."

"Thank you, grandma." 

"Just like him." She continued and drank her tea again.

"Who?" Jongin asked, not understanding who she meant. 

"But this was inevitable. Your parents and family really did try their best to make you take a different path in hope to change everything, but I guess in the end, it's going to turn out just as they wished it hadn't. It was bound to happen, ever since you were little, you were always a curious little boy who liked to go against the things being said to you." She finished and smiled. 

Jongin understood what she was talking about now. Nothing passes her. 

"I...I really can't help it, grandma. Even if these feelings weren't mine in the first place, now, they are."

"Of course sweetie, it was meant to be, there's nothing anyone can do. Just follow your feelings Jongin, you won't regret it in the end."

Jongin nodded. He was glad he had her support. Whatever she knew, Jongin had a feeling he knew as well, because that was what he felt deep inside. 

*

Jongin walked inside, aiming his flashlight at where he was going so he wouldn't trip and fall. Once he was inside the living room, Jongin called out, "Kyungsoo?" 

He didn't get a response immediately, but when his surroundings began changing, that's when he knew he was going to see Kyungsoo very soon. Once everything was brand new, and Jongin noticed he was in old western clothing again, he looked up to see Kyungsoo at the top of the stairs.

"Jongin! You came back! I thought you would never come back again after last time!" He ran down the stairs and jumped on Jongin for a tight hug. Jongin laughed at how childish he was, but nonetheless, hugged him back too.

"Well, I came back. Did you miss me?" It did feel good to ask that first. It was like he'd been wanting to ask that since a long time ago.

"Yeah! Did you come to stay?"

Jongin shook his head. He was ready to stay any day, but today, he came to get answers. "I came to visit. I still have some things to take care of outside of here, but once I'm done, I'm going to come back so we can stay together." Forever, perhaps.

"No. You can't leave, you have to stay."

"Kyungsoo, I'm sorry about before. You must've felt so lonely without me. But trust me, this time, I'm going to come back." 

"I don't want to trust you, you said that last time but you never came back! I don't want to be alone anymore!"

"You won't be alone, here, keep my flashlight. This is our promise."

Kyungsoo stared at the flashlight then looked up, "Promise me? You made me wait a long time before..." He stuck out his hand for a pinky-promise. Jongin smiled and linked their pinkies. 

"Pinky promise I'll come back again. But right now, I have something to ask you." Jongin led them to sit down on the couches and pulled out a picture his grandma had given him a few days ago. 

"Show this to him. You'll understand once he tells you about it."  Was what she said. The picture she had given him was old and in black and white. It was of a girl around 3 to 4 years old. She was dressed in western clothes and stood next to an older man, whom Jongin assumed was her father.

"Do you know her?" Jongin asked and gave Kyungsoo the photo.

"Of course I do Jongin, you should too, she's your younger sister. And that's your father. This photo was taken when you were out working and she came to visit us."

"And her name?"

"Eunna."

Jongin let out a laugh. That was his grandma's name. Although he never called her that, he heard his parents mention a few times that that was her name. Somehow, a sense of happiness filled Jongin. It was good to know his sister had ended up being someone he could still talk to even after so many years had gone by.

He understood now what she really meant when she said he looked like him. She probably meant her brother, who probably looked exactly like Jongin. And that was why all his family members had warned him not to get involved with this house because they knew, the original Jongin inside him was going to awaken and desire to go back once he awoke it. 

He still remembered how when they first moved, his parents had panicked that they didn't know their house was so close to this haunted house and had requested to move again but it was no use, they had paid too much for the move, and had already signed contracts. 

"Jongin, you look kind of different from when you went on that trip. You look so young now! It's like we're the same age now!" Kyungsoo piped and leaned on his shoulder. 

Jongin chuckled. He agreed. In the dreams, it always felt like he was much older than Kyungsoo in age. 

"Hey Kyungsoo, I've heard stories that people disappear when they come here, is that true? Did you do anything to them?" Jongin asked. He had been curious about those mysteries since he was young, always wanting to know what really happened to them.

"I did. I let people who want to visit and look at our home go, but the people who come and break our things, I can't forgive them for doing that. Everything has to be clean so that when you return, we can live happily."

It seemed Kyungsoo didn't know he had passed away a long time ago, still talking about a life with Jongin, and that they'd live together happily. In his vision, everything must still be like this dream like reality Jongin was seeing. Everything was still new, and clean, and he'd probably keep waiting forever until Jongin finally showed up at this house. Jongin smiled and leaned down to look at him in the eyes. He tilted Kyungsoo's chin with his finger and connected their lips. It was better to not let him know that he wasn't alive anymore. It would sadden him, and Jongin didn't want to see that. 

Once their lips connected, Jongin could see visions why he never returned, and why no one ever found his body, why he made Kyungsoo wait for him. They made a promise before Jongin left, a sweet promise, with a kiss, and a hug. The ship Jongin was on had sunk, bringing him down with it, and right before he lost his life, he remembered himself thinking that he wouldn't leave Kyungsoo, that he would go back someday and stay with Kyungsoo forever. 

He kept his promise.

*

"Hey guys, let's go for karaoke tonight. I want to spend time with you all." Jongin said over lunch. It was his last time being with his friends, he might as well spend it wild.

"You gonna pay?" Jongdae asked with a smirk. 

Jongin nodded. He'd been saving up since he was a kid, always having the dream of going to a good college and getting a good job (aside from the desire of wanting to go to that house of course). But that was all in the past now. His money would be worthless once he was gone. 

"Whoa really? It's gonna be expensive!" Minseok said.

"Nah, I got you all covered." Jongin waved their worried faces off and continued to eat. 

Sehun was staring at Jongin with teary eyes. Jongin knew Sehun had it all figured out already, so he just smiled, "It's going to be okay Sehun. Don't worry about it."

"Wow Sehun's actually crying at such a happy moment!" Jongdae hollered and started laughing when Sehun sniffed, wiping at his eyes.

"Is it okay?" He asked in return. 

"It is because I'm happy to do it. Inside me, right here, I've been wanting to do it since a long time ago." Jongin said and pointed to where his heart was.

"Eww that's gay!" Jongdae was laughing nonstop and Minseok could only roll his eyes. 

Sehun nodded. "Okay."

*

Karaoke was a blast, Jongin let Jongdae and Minseok sing to their heart's content. They all drank juice (because they weren't of age yet) and enjoyed every last bit of it. And when everything was over, and they were waiting outside for the bus, Jongin gave each of them a hug. It was his last time seeing each of them. Although Jongdae could be a jerk sometimes, and Minseok could be a little dumb and always following what his crush wanted, and Sehun being kind of bratty at times, they were still his best friends.

"Eww why are you hugging me?" Jongdae made a disgusted face but hugged Jongin anyway.

"Why are we hugging all of a sudden? Did you get drunk from the juice Jongin?" Minseok asked and wrapped his arms around Jongin.

"I'm going to miss you," Sehun said, hugging Jongin the tightest.

"I'll miss you too," Jongin replied and let go.

"Why do I get the feeling like you're gonna transfer school Jongin?" Jongdae said, now he looked more serious as he crossed his arms and waited for an answer.

Jongin chuckled, "Who knows. But your guess is close."

"Wait for real? What? You're moving?" Jongdae asked. 

"The bus is here, let's go." Jongin ignored his question and waited until the bus approached. They all got in and rode it home.

Only, Jongin rode to his grandma's place. It was like she already knew and was already there waiting for him outside. She looked sad but her smile was truly happy. She knew everything was going to turn out like this, Jongin could tell.

"Jongin you came, to say goodbye?" She asked, and invited him in.

"Yeah." He didn't let her sit down and rushed to hug her. Hugging her didn't feel any different from when he was younger, but what went through his thoughts was different. Sharing the same feelings as the Jongin from before, Jongin really felt happy to hold his sister again.

"I'm sorry I left last time without saying goodbye first, so this time, I wanted to say it properly." He nuzzled his cheek against her warm neck, "Goodbye."

"Goodbye Jongin." She rubbed her hand soothingly against his back, "I'll miss you."

"Me too."

"I'll let your parents and Noona know, that way they won't be too worried, okay?"

"Thank you."

*

Jongin returned home to Kyungsoo as he promised with a wide smile on his face, and his heart racing to finally end Kyungsoo's wait so they both could go to a better place together, this time not leaving one another behind. Jongin couldn't wait to hold Kyungsoo's hand and walk together up the staircase Kyungsoo was supposed to have gone years ago if not for their promise holding him back all these years. Jongin was glad they could end it all together.

*

Jongdae noticed how Jongin wasn't here today. He was starting to worry that maybe Jongin did move and when he treated them to karaoke, that was actually his goodbye gift. When Minseok came, he didn't hesitate to ask, "Have you seen Jongin today?"

"No. He's absent today, why?" Minseok replied and sat down with his tray of food.

"Nothing, I just have this really bad feeling in my stomach when I think about Jongin." He said and looked dejectedly at his tray of food that now had lost their color. 

"Don't worry about it, he's probably sick after drinking so much juice!" Minseok joked and started eating. Jongdae wasn't feeling it. Something felt wrong.

"Jongin's not coming back. He's gone, I can't feel him as a whole anymore after yesterday." Sehun said and joined their table as well. 

Jongdae looked at him questionably. He didn't want to understand what Sehun said, he had a bad feeling about the truth.

"So.... he did move?" Minseok asked.

"No. Kyungsoo took him," Sehun said sadly.

Food splattered all over the table from Minseok's mouth, and Jongdae paled.

"W-What? Don't lie Sehun. Y-You're getting us back from 4 years ago, right?" Jongdae asked, hoping that Sehun would change his words.

"That's why I was crying yesterday you idiot! That was Jongin's way of saying goodbye to us! And you idiots didn't even notice it!"

"But how were we supposed to know when we don't have special abilities like yours!" Jongdae yelled back, now angered as well when Sehun had known but didn't tell them anything about it. If he did, then they would have been able to stop Jongin and saved him from Kyungsoo.

"You didn't need to have abilities to know, as a friend, you both should've felt something was wrong and figured it out. It was all over Jongin's face that that was his last time with us."

Jongdae sighed in defeat. 

"Let's go right now. I want to see if Jongin is there." Minseok spoke up and stood up. They knew what he meant. 

They ditched school to go to that house, rushing inside without flashlights this time since the sun was still shining brightly at the tip of noon. 

"Can you feel him? Tell me Jongin is here, Sehun." Minseok said when they made it inside. Something felt different about the house. It didn't feel heavy anymore, and although the place was still dusty and old, none of them could feel what they felt the last time they came. The air smelled fresh and the pressure they felt before was no longer there. 

Sehun closed his eyes, smiling although his tears were rolling down his cheek nonstop. "He's not here anymore, neither is Kyungsoo. This house is no longer haunted."

"What! You're kidding!"

"I'm not. They went on, both of them together, are now in a better place. Kyungsoo is no longer stuck here, and Jongin is happy to be with him. And the people who had disappeared here, their souls have been released the moment Kyungsoo left."

Jongdae bit onto his quivering lips. Losing a friend hurt a lot. 

Minseok couldn't even bring himself to cry, he just hoped Jongin was happy wherever he was.

 

 

A/n: Yay! This was actually quite rushed at the end, but I seriously don't know what else to write other than that sappy end. Anyways, thank you for reading! I hope you all enjoyed this! Comments are appreciated, criticization is accepted, just don't tell me I all the way to hell or something! <3 luvs