Part 2/2

A Better Adversary (To The Evil I Have Done)


~.~.~.~.~

They stay out of sight, hidden in a small muggle village, every single protection spell they know cast around their little rented apartment. They last a good month before they slip up.

It’s when Baekhyun can’t stand the absolute silence their small, crowded hideaway is engulfed in more often than not. That’s usually when Junmyeon and Baekhyun spend the afternoon practicing wand work deep in the forest, both of them talking about nothing and everything in order to just fill the silence, the days filled with restless waiting.

Junmyeon is the first to break, though, when their enchanted coins burn in their pockets, the edges lighting up with a ten digit number, a muggle phone number.

Baekhyun scrambles for the phone, it’s been days since they last received a phone call.

Yifan, Jonghyun, Minho, or Jinki keep them informed on the secret messages they send back and forth with the other Aurors, although all of them consist of one thing mostly, we are to bide our time, wait, wait, wait.

(Good news does come, like when they learn that Taeyeon and Tiffany are holed up in their own kind of hideout, that they’ve found a way to send Jessica a letter, who forwarded it through a foreign phone call from somewhere in Europe.

But Bad News comes, too. There’s still no sign of Taemin or the rest of Heechul’s squad. Baekhyun’s heart squeezes in his chest, his knuckles turning white while he grips the phone, while he tries to remain rationalreasonable.

(Maybe, it’s been too long in restless silence for both Junmyeon and Baekhyun, maybe it’s something else entirely, but when Yixing calls them through Yifan’s cell phone, they both know something is very wrong.

One, because Yixing never calls them. And two, because it’s been days since they’ve heard from Yifan or Jinki or any of the others.)

“It’s Sehun.” Yixing whispers into the receiver, voice barely audible over the static. “I’ve overheard a few Death Eaters talking about a spy in their werewolf ranks. I doubt it’s Lupin, I’ve been making house visits for him and his wife is pregnant.”

Yixing sounds strained, scared.

“They’re looking for a way to smoke the spy out and then they’re going to make an example out of him.”

And Junmyeon, steady and rational Junmyeon breaks. They say the eyes are the window to the soul, and Baekhyun watches as his soul begins to crumble, his lips twisting as he rapidly shakes his head. Junmyeon takes the phone, the cord unwrapping from Baekhyun’s fingers, and speaks, sharply, a flame in his eyes Baekhyun’s only seen twice before, once when Baekhyun had nearly gotten himself killed on a mission and the other time a long time ago, from afar, when he was a prefect and he had to stop a duel in the halls. “Where?”

Yixing must say something Junmyeon doesn’t like because Junmyeon just shakes his head and repeats the question. Baekhyun stares at Junmyeon, frowning. “You’re not going after him.” Baekhyun says, suddenly, grabbing for the phone.

Junmyeon doesn’t try to take the phone back, letting it easily slip out of his hands, but he does glare. “I am.” Junmyeon says, snaps back really.

“That would be ing suicide, Junmyeon.” Baekhyun’s voice is quiet, a lot less sharp than he meant for it to be.

“He’s just a kid,” Junmyeon looks tired, infinitely exhausted, the lines on his face seemingly deeper than before. It’s like he’s a marble statue weathered into something weary. “We sent him out there and he helped us. He gave us numbers, coordinates. We can’t just leave him out there to die.”

Baekhyun shoves his hair out of his eyes, the length tickling his eyes, “I understand, but we can’t g—”

“If you don’t go then I will.” Junmyeon doesn’t let Baekhyun respond, he just jumps to his feet, a frazzled sort of look flashing across his expression, in his eyes. He pushes his too-long fringe out of his eyes.

“It’s suicide, Jun. It’s impossible. There could be hundreds of werewolves out there.” Baekhyun tries to rationalize with him and he vaguely wonders when the hell he became the rational one in their friendship. But Baekhyun also keeps seeing Sehun’s face in his memories and Baekhyun’s chest hurts.

“This whole war is suicide!” Junmyeon shouts, his voice booming, echoing off the walls. Baekhyun blinks at the sudden rise in Junmyeon’s voice because Junmyeon never yells. He’s just cold anger and silent treatments, a quiet force to be reckoned with. But now he’s a raging storm of wild eyes and sharp words. “Too many people have died under my watch, Baekhyun, and you may be used to it, but I am not. I can’t have his death on my hands, either. He’s just a kid. Voldemort has killed too many ing kids, Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun and Junmyeon stare at each other, then, long and hard, until Baekhyun slowly puts the phone receiver to his ear. “Yixing, where is he?”

“I don’t know. Somewhere out in Scotland. They’re moving towards Hogwarts, just in case they’re need—”

A loud bang resounds around the room so loudly, Baekhyun jumps, the phone dropping from his hand and bouncing on its spiral cord, springing back and forth.

“Well, what do we have here?” A familiar voice resounds in the apartment and both Junmyeon and Baekhyun are on their feet instantly, wands at the ready.

It’s Jongdae.

(Baekhyun exchanges a look with Junmyeon, their signaling charms didn’t even warn them, how is that possible? Junmyeon shrugs, confusion knitting his eyebrows.)

He’s leaning against the kitchen doorway and twirling his wand in his fingers, his mask nowhere to be seen. Baekhyun figures the Death Eaters don’t need a mask anymore, not when they run the government now and anonymity doesn’t matter.

“Aw, you were doing so well at disappearing, too. But then you just had to go defile the Dark Lord’s name, huh?” Jongdae tilts his head, raising his brow. Jongdae points his wand at Baekhyun, eyes flickering to Junmyeon, before he smiles, wide and twinkling, “Drop your wands, now.”

“You really think you can take us alone?” Baekhyun asks, snorting.

Before Jongdae can sneer at Baekhyun, there’s a soft pop and another familiar voice speaks up from behind them, “He’s not that dense, fortunately.”

Jongdae mutters a hey, I’m on your side, prick that they all ignore, Baekhyun glancing over his shoulder.

His eyes widen for just a moment. “I thought you were dead.” Baekhyun says it with a sort of mocking tone, his eyes flickering back and forth from Do Kyungsoo to Jongdae. Do Kyungsoo is unmarked, his wide eyes pinned on Baekhyun. Baekhyun’s eyes follow the line of his sharp jaw, the way it tenses a certain way, and it makes him grin involuntarily at the aggravation his very presence is causing Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, from where he’s perched on top of a desk in the corner, “It’s going to take more than a ing punch to kill me, Byun. Perhaps you’re the dense one here?”

“Well, I did knock your puny unconscious, didn’t I?” Baekhyun smiles, all sharp toothed grin.

Kyungsoo hops off the desk and raises his wand. “Drop your wands, now.”

Baekhyun exchanges another look Junmyeon and Junmyeon blinks at him, “Baekhyun…” He says, in warning.

Baekhyun beams, “No, thanks.”

(That’s when all hell breaks loose and Baekhyun receives one last exasperated look from Junmyeon.)

~.~.~.~.~

Fire at the building behind them and Baekhyun collapses on the grass, gasping for air as he clutches his elbow to his chest.

Fiendfyre? Are you kidding me?” Junmyeon shouts over his shoulders, dragging Baekhyun up by his uninjured arm while he speaks sternly over his shoulder.

“You do realize you’re trying to lecture a Death Eater, right?” Jongdae’s voice carries through the air from behind them. Baekhyun straightens up, wincing. The Fiendfyre had barely touched his elbow, the sentient, fiery snake at his elbow, but the pain had been unbearable, coursing through his veins like the Cruciatus Curse itself. Baekhyun had managed to tear his robes off and apparate a few feet away, Junmyeon grabbing him and taking him further.

“That’s going to spread. It’s not going to stop spreading until it kills everyone there.” Junmyeon shouts, ash streaking across his face, hands curling into fists. Merlin knows how many people it’s consumed, the apartment buildings full of people Baekhyun and Junmyeon had conversations with, the few times they left the apartment. It’s a horrific sight to behold really, red and orange fire at the sky, giant, roaring beasts, from lions to chimeras to slithering pythons, all made from fire glide through the burning building, shooting into the sky before diving back in with a roar, the building audibly crumbling as the fire consumes it completely.

Kyungsoo appears beside Jongdae, completely untouched by ash, and Baekhyun watches as Kyungsoo twirls his wand, the glowing fire behind them morphing into a single dragon, its wings of fire flapping through the air, fiery tendrils of snakes shooting from its limbs before diving back in. Kyungsoo is controlling the fiendfyre, turning it into his own hungry, fiery beast.

“So what?” Jongdae asks, shrugging nonchalantly.

Junmyeon throws him a disgusted look, “What’s the use? These muggles haven’t done anything to you.”

Jongdae snorts but Kyungsoo is the one to respond, tone bland. “And why do you care. These muggles are nothing to you. You don’t even know them.”

Jongdae sighs derisively, “Then how about this. Drop your wands and we’ll spare the rest of your precious muggles.”

“Really?” Baekhyun rolls his eyes, “Are you going to dance for us, too?”

A sneer spreads across Jongdae’s otherwise grinning face and Kyungsoo makes a move to flick his wand, but Baekhyun is faster, “Expelliarmus.”

Kyungsoo’s wand flies out of his grip and right into Baekhyun’s hands, a smile spreading across Baekhyun’s face when he sees the look of surprise coupled by frustration and disdain flicker through Kyungsoo’s expression.

The fiendfyre disperses from its beast-like form immediately, breaking into a million different roaring beasts, the ball of fire spreading so suddenly, Junmyeon steps back involuntarily.

Kyungsoo grins then, and Baekhyun finds it despicable that such a handsome face should belong to someone who does such awful things without regret. The fiendfyre starts to consume everything, running rapidly along the grass and the buildings across from Junmyeon and Baekhyun’s apartment building.

Distant sirens ring in his ears, slightly louder than the roars and sizzles of the fiendfyre.

Baekhyun stares at the blaze, the heat hitting them despite being so far away. “Like your partner said, it won’t stop spreading, Byun. Not unless I cast the spell to stop it.”

Baekhyun glances from the approaching fiendfyre to Kyungsoo, wracking his brain for the spell to end it. He’d learned it once, long ago when learning the dark arts had been a family bonding experience, but his mind keeps drawing up blanks.

(He’s repressed those memories for so long that it’s an incredibly difficult task to even pull out the most mundane memories from those days.)

Kyungsoo’s lips curl back into a beautiful heart shaped smile and Baekhyun blinks, Junmyeon grabbing his arm, shaking it.

And then it clicks, his eyes shooting open and his fingers tightening around his wand.

He waves his wand and the fiendfyre is just a few feet away when it completely vanishes, dispersing into clouds of smoke and the ashes of buildings and innocent muggles.

Kyungsoo’s eyes widen to the size of the moon as he watches the fiendfyre disappear, his fingers flexing into fists. Baekhyun’s eyes rake down his face and he gives him a lazy little look, one that seems to aggravate Kyungsoo even more. “Blood traitor with a penchant for the Dark Arts, remember?”

“Give me my wand.” Kyungsoo speaks harshly, turning to him, his wide eyes moving from his head down to his toes before they settle on the extra wand Baekhyun’s holding.

Baekhyun wraps his fingers around Junmyeon’s arm and throws Kyungsoo a wink, “If you want it, come and get it.”

And then they apparate away, Kyungsoo’s response drowned out by the vacuum of air around them.

~.~.~.~.~

“You stole his wand.” Junmyeon gives Baekhyun an exasperated look, complete with the furrowed eyebrows and the motherly narrow of his eyes.

“He used fiendfyre.” Baekhyun retorts.

“That’s beside the point. We don’t need a couple of Death Eaters chasing us down while we’re trying to track down Sehun. Which is going to be nearly impossible, by the way, since the only thing we know is that he’s somewhere in Scotland, possibly near Hogwarts.”

Then Baekhyun’s eyes light up and he slowly grins. “You’re right.”

“No,” Junmyeon shakes his head, “No, no, no. I do not like that look.”

“Let’s make the Death Eaters take us to the werewolves.” Baekhyun nods, grinning because this is a great idea.

“So the pack of werewolves and the two Death Eaters, one of which is your best-friend-turned-enemy while the other one is someone you just really love to piss off for some reason, can tear us apart at the same time?” Junmyeon asks, in a contemptuous tone.

“Okay, maybe I didn’t think this through thoroughly.” Baekhyun says, shrugging. He locks eyes with Junmyeon, “But it’ll be the only way to find Sehun.”

“You should have been a Gryffindor.” Junmyeon mumbles, wrinkling his nose.

Baekhyun grimaces, “Gross.”

Junmyeon huffs, plopping down onto a tree trunk. “Maybe we can just get the information out of them and then tie them to a tree.”

“Sounds good to me.” Baekhyun sits down next to Junmyeon and stares up at the leafy foliage above them, “As long as I get to tie up the puny one.”

“Why?”

“It’s fun to with him.” Baekhyun shrugs, “Also, he’s kinda cute. I want to shame him for becoming a Death Eater. It’s a waste of good looks.”

Junmyeon laughs so loudly, the birds above them scatter noisily, wings flapping from above them.

~.~.~.~.~

Baekhyun still isn’t quite sure how Jongdae and Kyungsoo had found them, the first time, but Baekhyun’s pretty sure it has something to do with Voldemort’s name, seeing as that was the first thing Jongdae badgered them about when he showed up.

Instead of relying on questionable methods, Junmyeon just sends them a patronus message. A little unconventional but quick and easy.

Baekhyun and Junmyeon are still sitting on the tree stump when Jongdae and Kyungsoo apparate into the clearing. They’re both clearly displeased with Junmyeon and Baekhyun’s lack of response, Jongdae frowning as Junmyeon’s rabbit shaped patronus dissolves into silver wisps and Kyungsoo outright glaring holes into Baekhyun’s head.

“Is this some kind of joke?” Kyungsoo asks, clearly peeved.

“Nope.” Baekhyun elongates the word, popping his lips at the end, and Kyungsoo’s eyes dart from Baekhyun’s lips to his eyes, a permanent scowl etched across his face. “We have a question for you.”

“We’re not here to discuss with you. We’re supposed to be hunting you.” Jongdae grumps, pouting slightly. The way he looks at Baekhyun reminds him of his days back in school and Baekhyun grits his teeth, getting to his feet.

The light mood disappears immediately, then, Kyungsoo’s eyes flickering down to his wand that Baekhyun’s holding. “What do you want?” Kyungsoo asks, gruffly, his voice low, careful.

“Take us to your werewolves. The ones headed towards Hogwarts.”

Jongdae’s eyebrows knit together, “Why?”

“Just do it or else Kyungsoo doesn’t get his wand back.” Junmyeon snaps back, stern eyes falling on Jongdae. Jongdae watches Junmyeon with defiance in his eyes, his chin tilting up.

“I remember you.” Jongdae says, suddenly, slanted eyes pinned on Junmyeon. “Kim Junmyeon.”

(The way Jongdae says Junmyeon’s name is filled with so many implications and Baekhyun wonders if some of them have to do with Kim Minseok. Baekhyun watches Jongdae look at Junmyeon and he remembers the way Jongdae used to glance at Junmyeon back in fifth year, with twinkling eyes and the slightest of smiles. It never amounted to anything and Baekhyun always thought it had disappeared. Maybe it had, but there seems to be memories swimming in Jongdae’s eyes, memories twisting his already curly lips.)

“Minseok told me a bit about you.” And then the vindictive tone is back, the cutting double edged words, and Junmyeon takes it, he’s good at that. He doesn’t even flinch but Baekhyun knows those words managed to burrow under Junmyeon’s skin, build a home there. Whatever happened between Junmyeon and Minseok is painful and Baekhyun doesn’t want to see that pain manifest in his now-best-friend’s eyes on account of his ex-best-friend.

Baekhyun steps forward, closer to Kyungsoo and Jongdae, and looks Jongdae right in the eyes before his gaze slides over to Kyungsoo, “I’ll break your wand in half, Kyungsoo.” He tilts his head, his hair falling into his eyes, “And then where will you go to get a replacement? Your precious Dark Lord dragged Ollivander out of his shop, didn’t he?”

“Maybe I’ll just kill you and take your wand.”

Baekhyun laughs at him, loud and tinkling.

He’s mid-laugh when his head snaps back and pain blooms up his cheek. Baekhyun grunts, his whole body thrown to the side as Kyungsoo punches him square in the jaw. Kyungsoo doesn’t even go for his own wand, he just lands another punch in the same exact spot, knuckles knocking against bones, and Baekhyun gasps, shoving Kyungsoo off of him.

They wrestle for a moment, wands forgotten, before Kyungsoo’s got him pinned to the ground, “You’re not the only one who can throw a punch.”

“Cute.” Baekhyun says, purposely condescending, and Kyungsoo grabs his jaw, fingers digging into his skin.

“You’re so ing lucky I don’t have my wand.” Kyungsoo says, fingers pressing into his skin so hard it should hurt. Baekhyun only grins, laughs really, at the waves of anger rolling off Kyungsoo. It’s amusing, the reactions Baekhyun’s able to pry out of him.

And then Baekhyun shoves Kyungsoo off completely, rubbing his face as Kyungsoo hits the ground with a dull thud, grunting. Before Baekhyun can respond to Kyungsoo’s threat, Jongdae’s pointing his wand at Baekhyun, a spell falling from his lips when his wand is thrown out of his hand with a soft bang and Junmyeon’s clutching four wands in his hands, irritation etched across his face.

Jongdae looks about ready to jump Junmyeon, wandless and fists curled, before he seems to think twice.

Junmyeon stands there, chest rising and falling, wand pointed right at Jongdae, “Stop.” He breathes.

(At that moment, Baekhyun’s so, so grateful that Junmyeon’s on his side.)

“Here’s the deal.” Junmyeon begins, his voice echoing in the empty forest, the foliage casting a green light on him. “I’ll give you your wands if you tell us where the werewolves are.”

Baekhyun slowly gets to his feet, rubbing his face as he joins Junmyeon’s side. Kyungsoo stares at the two of them, his gaze intense when it lands on Baekhyun, “If you’re trying to save the traitor wolf, you might as well just stop now.” Kyungsoo says in a soft, thoughtful sort of voice, his wide eyes flickering back and forth.

Junmyeon locks eyes with Baekhyun and Baekhyun purses his lips. Yixing’s sources were right, they have one of their own and there’s a huge possibility that it’s Oh Sehun.

Kyungsoo’s hair falls over his eyes as he looks up at them through his eyelashes in a way that’s so ing unsettling, but strangely fascinating to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun glances over at Jongdae and the moment they make eye contact, Jongdae turns away, his jaw clenching the slightest bit. “I’m not going to help you. You’re a traitor.” Jongdae murmurs.

The tiny hitch in his tone makes Baekhyun close his eyes, “We need to save him, Jongdae.”

“You’re going to die.” Jongdae snaps back, repeating the same thing he had when they first met in that basement.

(Baekhyun swears he’s imagining the undertone of desperate concern twisting through his words. He has to be imagining it.

You’re going to die. Baekhyun mulls over those words and realizes that he doesn’t care. It’s better than watching other people die.)

“I don’t care.” Baekhyun sighs, dragging a hand through his already messy hair. “I know this is nearly impossible, but I don’t care. I…” He takes a deep breath, his gaze drifting to Junmyeon, to the way Junmyeon watches him speak with a blank expression. “I can’t do it. I can’t have this kid’s blood on my hands, too, Jongdae.”

Jongdae’s lips curl into a tight line, his face scrunching up. “You were always so ing soft.” Jongdae whispers, nostalgia mixed with disbelief, disgust, and even a little bit of fondness coloring his tone and his eyes.

Jongdae swivels on his heels and throws Kyungsoo a look that Baekhyun can’t seem to decipher. Kyungsoo’s expression is blank, a tiny grimace and a distant look falling over him.

Kyungsoo’s distant, faraway eyes linger on a Baekhyun for a moment too long before he says, “Fine. We’ll show you.”

~.~.~.~.~

“You’re too selfless to be a Slytherin.” Kyungsoo says with a hint of accusation in his tone, after they’ve apparated to the other side of the country. Jongdae had mentioned something about walking, so here they are, walking side by side up a natural trail in the Scottish countryside. It’d be ironic at any other time, but right now it’s making Baekhyun nervous. Baekhyun glances over his shoulder, noting the way Jongdae seems to be bothering Junmyeon while Junmyeon forces his expression into one of neutrality.

“Are we all supposed to be selfish, then?” Baekhyun asks, glancing sideways at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo looks straight ahead, purses his lips in a way that has Baekhyun glancing down for a moment, before he says, “Based on personal experience, yes we all are.”

“You, too?” Baekhyun says it in a teasing way even while he looks at Kyungsoo curiously. Kyungsoo snorts, genuinely amused.

“More than you think.”

“Then why are you helping us?” Baekhyun asks.

“For selfish reasons.” There’s a glint in his eyes that Baekhyun finds so fascinating.

“Like?” Baekhyun prompts.

“One reason is that I want to see if you’ll really go through with this. Because I don’t believe you will.”

Baekhyun blinks and Kyungsoo walks on ahead, leaving him staring at his back.

~.~.~.~.~

“There.” Jongdae points at an opening just below, a clearing of trees surrounded by cave entrances.

“It’s underground?” Junmyeon squints in the dimming light.

“Nervous?” Jongdae asks, grinning in amusement.

Junmyeon glares and Kyungsoo just turns away from the clearing, holding out his hand. “Well, we’ll be leaving you two to die, now. Wands.”

Junmyeon hesitates before handing the wands off, both Baekhyun and Junmyeon pointing their wands at Jongdae and Kyungsoo. Baekhyun waves his wand, “Go away now.”

They don’t even hesitate, Kyungsoo grabbing Jongdae's arm to apparate away, and suddenly Baekhyun feels a chill run down his spine. They’re really about to do this. They’re really about to infiltrate a werewolf pack in order to smuggle someone out.

“We’re so ing screwed.” Junmyeon says and at any other time, Baekhyun would have burst into laughter at his words.

Now, he can only agree.

So Baekhyun just squares his shoulders, lifts his chin, and takes a deep breath, murmuring, “Let’s go.”

~.~.~.~.~

Kim Jongdae rubs his arm with a forlorn expression, “Are you trying to yank my arm off?” He glances around the clearing, peering through the tall trees, trunks bare of most of its branches. The forest is cold and the sliver of a moon shines down on them, barely lighting the way. They can clearly hear the distant sounds of shouts and grunts, of the telltale sounds of a werewolf pack just below them. “Oh, I thought we were actually going to leave.”

Kyungsoo shakes his head, silently stepping forward, a few branches cracking under his feet.

“I want to see if he’ll actually go through with this.”

They edge their way to the end of the clearing, the entrance to the camp in full view. Jongdae takes a seat beside Kyungsoo, a huge contrast from the condensed way Kyungsoo’s sitting, Jongdae's limbs all spread out as he fiddles with his wand, watching a few werewolves chop wood in the growing darkness, the campfire’s light casting long shadows everywhere.

Jongdae hears Fenrir Greyback before he sees him, growling something before he runs out of the camp, probably to meet up with the Dark Lord. The hair at the back of his neck rises at the sound of his voice, the deep grumble.

“He probably will.” Jongdae says, fingers sliding up and down the smooth wood of his wand.

“What?” Kyungsoo glances over at him, confused.

“Baekhyun doesn’t half anything. He doesn’t go back on his word.” Jongdae smiles at his wand for a moment in memory before he sighs, bitterly, “He’s stubborn enough to be a Gryffindor, for ’s sakes, but I think it has to do with where his loyalties lie more than anything.”

Kyungsoo stares at Jongdae, searches his expression carefully with wide eyes. “He was your friend.”

“And he was the greatest friend I could have asked for.” Jongdae scratches his cheek, eyes distant even as he stares at his hands, “But he had different ideals, other people he loved, and loyalty to that was why we fell apart.”

“You miss him.” Kyungsoo states it rather than questions it. Jongdae pauses in his fiddling, small smile dropping from his face.

“Of course not.” Jongdae says one thing but his eyes say something different and Kyungsoo’s known him long enough to notice. Kyungsoo watches Jongdae for a moment, pursing his full lips.

“He won’t die in there.” Kyungsoo says, suddenly.

“Yes, he will.” Jongdae snorts humorlessly.

Kyungsoo shakes his head, determination steeling in his eyes. “No, he won’t.”

Silence engulfs them, then, a stillness passing between them while Jongdae studies Kyungsoo’s face, “Why?”

Kyungsoo just looks at him, a pointed sort of look, and Jongdae can’t help but grin.

~.~.~.~.~

“This was a terrible idea.” Baekhyun mumbles.

They had managed to ambush two werewolves, taking their tattered robes before stuffing them under a couple bushes. Baekhyun just hopes the sleeping spells will last. And they had gotten in without a problem, surprisingly enough.

There are at least fifty werewolves in this specific camp and wearing the robes of one of their own masks Baekhyun and Junmyeon’s scent enough for them to blend in. Baekhyun just hopes the rest of the pack isn’t camped close by.

All they had to do was find Sehun, first.

Baekhyun peers down the face of the cliff, at the maybe hundreds of cave entrances, at the makeshift tents scattered across the giant clearing, and he ruffles his hair. Junmyeon wrinkles his nose at Baekhyun, “All your ideas are terrible.”

~.~.~.~.~

Do Kyungsoo jolts up from his nap to loud noises. Shouting.

“A wand, that’s a ing wand.” A growl rips through the silence, startling the forest animals. Jongdae’s still nodding off against Kyungsoo’s shoulder, breathing slow. Kyungsoo pushes him awake and Jongdae bolts up straight, reaching for his wand.

He blinks a million times before he notices the roaring shouts, “What’s going on?”

“They’re wizard scum.” One of the people in the clearing—a werewolf—Kyungsoo assumes cries out.

Jongdae and Kyungsoo crawl closer to the edge of the low cliff and they can clearly make out figures illuminated by the campfire, of a familiar figure looming closest to the fire, his shadow casting across the whole clearing.

“It’s Minseok.” Jongdae says, breathlessly.

“How about we just calm down for a second, yeah?” A familiar low, smooth voice calls out. Kyungsoo would recognize that voice anywhere. Baekhyun.

“They’ve been caught.” Kyungsoo says, although he’s sure Jongdae is already aware, if Baekhyun’s loud echoing voice is evidence enough of that.

~.~.~.~.~

Baekhyun holds out his wand, Junmyeon at his back, and he groans, “Can’t we just talk about this?”

The werewolf directly in front of him, a stocky woman with stringy blonde hair and bright, shining blue eyes, bares her sharp teeth at him and Baekhyun blanches, “All right. I guess not.”

They’re surrounded, shrouded in darkness and at least thirty werewolves and just when Baekhyun thought they were ed enough, a group of werewolves form a path, allowing a familiar looking man to come through, dragging someone in tow.

Baekhyun feels Junmyeon’s back stiffen against his and he’s immediately on guard.

The burly wolf comes into view, the campfire casting long, foreboding shadows up and down his face, his eyes like shining onyx in the moonlight. Baekhyun knows this person, it takes him half a second to realize that it’s Kim Minseok.

Like a moment of déjà vu, Baekhyun’s eyes trail down to the person Minseok is dragging along and he blanches.

It’s Sehun, looking haggard and a bit gaunt, scratches running down his arms and face, but otherwise well.

Minseok grips Sehun by the arm, lifts him up before he grips his chin, forcing him to turn his head until he’s looking right at Junmyeon and Baekhyun. “Are these the people you’ve been betraying your kind to? A bunch of wizard scum?”

Sehun blinks at them, his dark eyes filled confusion, and it breaks Baekhyun’s heart to see him so weak, yet still holding on to his role. He shakes his head, a quick back and forth, and Minseok’s grip only tightens. Then Sehun’s lips part, his voice hoarse, “It’s not them. I’m not a traitor.”

Liar.” Minseok growls, harshly, and Sehun flinches when Minseok throws him to the ground, so hard Sehun groans, rolling over from his side to his stomach, his head lolling a bit.

That seems to be the last straw for Junmyeon, who immediately straightens his wand arm, a steady glare plastered across his face. “You’ve become a real piece of work, you know that?” Junmyeon calls, gritting his teeth.

Minseok looks up at him, the animal-like wolf side of him showing in the point of his teeth and the way he snarls. And then he smiles and it’s the most terrifying thing Baekhyun’s ever seen. Minseok’s handsome, perfectly chiseled, but there’s something horrifying about a beautiful face with a jagged teeth smile and shaggy hair and glinting, dark eyes.

“Junmyeon, huh?” Minseok glances down at Sehun lazily, shoving him mockingly with his foot, “Then you really were lying, weren’t you, Sehunnie? Junmyeon was there when I bit you.” His eyes snap to Baekhyun before settling back down on Sehun, “And so was the other one. Baekhyun.”

Minseok looks up again and smiles, lips curling back into a feral grin filled with all teeth, his foot resting on Sehun’s back, pressing down.

(Baekhyun vaguely remembers Minseok from Hogwarts, vaguely remembers that he had a reputation for being kind, a genuinely nice person. Baekhyun tries to figure when it had changed, when he was bitten. Baekhyun has a feeling Fenrir Greyback was the reason for this, for a bloodthirsty Kim Minseok so completely different from what he used to be.)

“I’m honored that you remembered our names.” Baekhyun puts his free hand over his chest in mock gratefulness, “But I’m going to need you to get your leg off him right now.”

“Hmm.” Minseok tilts his head, “I don’t think I will.”

He presses his foot harder into the middle of Sehun’s back, where the dip of his spine lies, and Sehun whimpers the tiniest bit.

Before Baekhyun can inform him that he’s probably going to lose that ing leg then, Junmyeon speaks, “I guess we’ll have to remove the leg for you.”

“What can you do abo—”

Sectumsempra.” Junmyeon interrupts him calmly, the spell slicing through the air, through Minseok’s sentence, and hitting Minseok right in the shin. Minseok roars out in pain, jumping from Sehun, and that’s when Sehun struggles to practically army crawl away.

Before he can, Minseok yanks on Sehun’s leg, his hand covered in blood and his glare terrifying.

Then the other werewolves come for them, grabbing for Baekhyun’s body with fervor.

~.~.~.~.~

The first thing Baekhyun notices is that not all the werewolves are attacking them. Of the thirty in the clearing, only about fifteen are charging at them, including Minseok, and he wonders if there’s a sort of loyalty pact when it comes to werewolves, especially since Baekhyun’s pretty Fenrir Greyback is supposed to be the pack’s alpha. He figured they’d all jump at the chance to rip a wizard to shreds.

The second thing he notices is that he’s being overpowered. Junmyeon takes on Minseok, himself, trying to free Sehun, and Baekhyun keeps the others away from the three of them. Minseok, Baekhyun knows, is Junmyeon’s to take care of.

Baekhyun casts shield charm after shield charm, grateful that he’s wearing another layer of robes over his own so that the light scratches won’t hit skin.

Baekhyun grunts, tumbling onto his back so hard, the air in his lungs leaves him. “.” He mutters, lifting his knees so he can keep a huge werewolf from trying to claw his face off, his sharp teeth nipping centimeters from his nose.

He drops his head back, peers at an upside down image of Minseok gripping Junmyeon by the throat, and suddenly he can’t breathe. They’re really going to die, the realization hitting him right them, while he’s pinned under a werewolf and able to watch his best friend’s throat get slashed just by dropping his head back.

Baekhyun used to insist that he didn’t care if he died, but now that he’s looking Death in the eye, he realizes that he does care. He won’t get to see Chanyeol again and thank him for introducing him to telephones. He won’t get to see this damn war through. Images pop into his mind, of his team, Yifan, Jonghyun, Minho, Jinki, Jessica, Taemin, Merlin he won’t even get to see them again or make sure Taemin, Heechul, Tiffany, Taeyeon, that they’re all okay, that Kibum isn’t actually dead. For some reason, Baekhyun thinks of Jongdae, then. For reasons Baekhyun doesn’t understand, Kyungsoo pops into his head, glaring at him with those pretty pouty lips and wide eyes. He won’t even get a chance to thank Junmyeon for putting up with his for all these years.

Baekhyun’s arms are growing weak and the werewolf’s claws are inching closer and closer to his fa—

Suddenly the heavy weight is gone and Baekhyun blinks. Kyungsoo pops into his vision, the foliage a backdrop to his annoyed eye roll, his nose and lips hidden by a black piece of cloth. “Get up.”

“You came back.” Baekhyun pushes himself up onto his elbows, in grudging awe when Kyungsoo binds another werewolf, sending him flying into a second one. Baekhyun spins on his heels and spots Jongdae prying Minseok off of Junmyeon, the bottom half of his face covered by a mask, just like Kyungsoo.

“Yeah.” Kyungsoo squints at him, as if he’s scrutinizing him. His eyes linger on Baekhyun’s face for a moment before he turns to cast another spell. “Don’t make me regret it.”

Baekhyun joins him, stunning werewolves wherever he can, ignoring the pang of trauma, the battles he’s been through with those exact same spells being thrown at him, whenever he hears Kyungsoo or Jongdae casually murmur one of the Unforgivables.

They don’t stick around to kill Minseok, they don’t have the time or energy for that. Instead, Jongdae grabs Junmyeon, Sehun, and Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo’s fingers wrap around Baekhyun’s, surprisingly warm and soft, despite his profession and his appearance.

They apparate away, air rushing into Baekhyun’s ears, before Minseok can lunge at them.

~.~.~.~.~

They’re in a city alleyway, one Baekhyun doesn’t recognize at all. The pavement is rough against Baekhyun’s hands and Baekhyun stumbles a bit as he gets up, his wand clutched tightly in his hand.

“Bristol?” Jongdae murmurs, looking around.

“I couldn’t think of another place.” Kyungsoo explains, rubbing his eyes. “There’s a healer here.”

Junmyeon shakes his head, a long gash running from his cheek, right below his right eye, down to his collarbone is bleeding profusely. “I’m fine.”

“No, you’re not.” Sehun murmurs, weakly. “Even a scratch could change you.”

Junmyeon shakes his head, more rapidly this time, though his eyes are tainted with the slightest bit of fear, “I’m fine.”

“At least get it cleaned up.” Jongdae pipes up, staring at Junmyeon’s face with searching eyes. There’s a look in his eyes Baekhyun can’t read, although lately Baekhyun can’t read anything flitting through Jongdae’s expressions.

There’s a long pause before Junmyeon murmurs, “…Okay.”

“Follow me.” Kyungsoo whispers.

~.~.~.~.~

The apartment is tiny, too suffocating for Baekhyun, so Baekhyun finds solace on the balcony, taking deep breaths as he looks over the city skyline, the lights of the city flickering peacefully.

(It’s incredible, really, how the majority of the world isn’t even aware of what’s happening around them.)

The balcony door opens, creaking on its hinges, and Baekhyun frowns over his shoulder, frown deepening when he sees Kyungsoo step through, returning his frown.

Kyungsoo doesn’t leave however, he leans over the railing on the other side of the balcony, less than a meter of space between them.

Baekhyun stares out at the city lights, rubbing his eyes. “Huang Zitao isn’t a healer.”

“What?” Kyungsoo snaps, glancing up at him, eyes narrowing.

Baekhyun jabs a thumb in the direction of the apartment. “Huang Zitao isn’t a healer. He’s a student training to be a doctor.” Baekhyun repeats, leaning against the railing as he looks at Kyungsoo. Huang Zitao isn’t magic and Baekhyun wonders why Kyungsoo, a ing Death Eater, stays connected with him, “But of course, you already know that, don’t you?”

“Shut up.” Kyungsoo mutters, looking over the city skyline, a blank look settling over his expression.

“How do you know him?” Baekhyun asks, conversationally.

It’s quiet again and Baekhyun almost gives up on having a conversation with Kyungsoo, when Kyungsoo suddenly speaks up. “He’s like family.”

Baekhyun stares at Kyungsoo, tries to figure out how Do Kyungsoo can be so damn vague about something Baekhyun thinks should be incredibly easy to answer. “Like family? What does that mean?”

“Why are you always asking questions?” Kyungsoo’s anger flares and Baekhyun finds it amusing when Kyungsoo turns on him, attempting but not succeeding in looming over him.

There’s still leftover adrenaline pumping in Baekhyun’s veins. That coupled with Baekhyun inexplicable need to piss Kyungsoo off makes him open his mouth to counter with a response of his own. “I’m curious.”

“You’re nosy.”

“It’s just natural suspicion.”

“It’s annoying.” Kyungsoo retorts heatedly.

Baekhyun smiles wickedly, his hair falling into his eyes as he shrugs oh-so-casually. “To each his own, I guess.”

The look on Baekhyun’s face, the dripping smirk and the wicked glint sets something off in Kyungsoo then, because suddenly Kyungsoo slams Baekhyun up against the wall. “Do you ever ing shut up?”

Kyungsoo hisses his sentence and, strangely enough, Baekhyun’s heart rate picks up. But Baekhyun’s demeanor doesn’t change at all. He relaxes against the wall and looks at Kyungsoo with a lazy sort of gaze, grin sideways. “You’ve asked me this before.”

Baekhyun means to speak sharply, but his voice sounds lower, hoarser, and Kyungsoo is glaring holes into his face, eyes flickering between his eyes rapidly. His eyes linger, dip downwards, hover again, until they’ve been staring at each other for much too long, and there’s this heated sort of tension between them. Baekhyun likes to see him angry, like to push his buttons, and Kyungsoo looks like he just wants a way to get Baekhyun to shut up.

It’s so quiet between them, one could hear a pin drop, their breathing audible, heavy and sharp. Baekhyun blinks, observes the planes of his face, the slight angry flush on Kyungsoo’s face, the sharpness of his jaw. Kyungsoo lets loose a soft, staggering breath, ragged almost as he exhales. “How do I get you to just…” Kyungsoo’s eyes drift down to his lips and he trails off.

Perhaps it’s the leftover adrenaline, perhaps it’s the way Baekhyun is smiling, provoking Kyungsoo further, perhaps it’s Baekhyun's inexplicable need to push all of Kyungsoo’s buttons, perhaps it’s something else entirely but suddenly Baekhyun is dipping down the short distance, his eyes zeroing in on Kyungsoo’s pink, heart shaped lips.

It’s a slow descent, allowing enough time for Kyungsoo to shove him away, to curse his to oblivion, really.

But Kyungsoo doesn’t. He just straightens up, meets Baekhyun halfway at a more rushed speed, crashing his soft lips onto Baekhyun’s, so hard Baekhyun loses his breath, especially when his back slams up against the wall with a soft oof, a slight pain rushing up his spine.

It’s a kiss filled with teeth and tongue, anger annoyance biting at the both of them. Baekhyun is teasing, pulling at Kyungsoo’s lips until Kyungsoo growls deep in his throat, a hand wandering up through Baekhyun’s hair so he can wrap his fingers in it and tug roughly, Baekhyun’s mouth dropping open. It’s different from all the kisses Baekhyun’s ever experienced, the ones filled with gentle care and a slow sort of leisure to them. This one tastes of sweat and dirt and is slippery wet, Baekhyun’s own fingers digging into Kyungsoo’s shoulders while Kyungsoo nibbles at Baekhyun’s bottom lip, pulls at it until Baekhyun lets out a soft, throaty moan, his fingers digging even further in to Kyungsoo’s shoulders, his thumb grazing smooth skin. It’s like one of their duels, but more intimate, Baekhyun pressing his whole body into Kyungsoo’s despite the fact that Kyungsoo’s shoving him into the wall and kissing him roughly.

And then Baekhyun’s mind seems to catch up with his actions, seemingly at the same time Kyungsoo does, before suddenly Kyungsoo pulls away, unlatching his fingers from Baekhyun’s neck, his lips slightly parted. They’re swollen, the skin around his lips blotchy and pink, and a trail of spit stretches between them, Kyungsoo breathing raggedly, a heated dark look in his wide eyes. Baekhyun leans back against the wall so he can catch his breath, breathing so shaky to his own ears.

“You piss me off so much.” Kyungsoo slurs his words, his voice a thousand times more raspier, throatier, the husky smooth tone completely negating the actual irritation that he no doubt wanted to impress on Baekhyun.

His eyes drop to Baekhyun’s swollen lips and his jaw tenses.

Baekhyun manages to throw him a lopsided smile and a lazy wink, brushing his hair out of his eyes as his chest rises and falls with the adrenaline, “If this is what pissing you off gets me, then…” Baekhyun trails off with a grin, one that has Kyungsoo rolling his eyes and attempting to scowl.

It comes out flat, ineffective, especially when Baekhyun can easily catch the slight upwards twitch to the corners of his mouth, since they’re both hovering so close to each other. Kyungsoo’s body heat washes over Baekhyun, burning him.

Baekhyun copies Kyungsoo’s actions, his eyes flickering from Kyungsoo’s messy hair to his flushed cheeks to his swollen lips.

(He wants to lean forward again so badly, for some inexplicable reason, but then the enchanted coin in his pocket begins to burn against his thigh. Kyungsoo is close is enough to feel it, frowning as he steps away, glancing down.)

Baekhyun pulls out the coin and stares at the ten digit number glittering along the edge of his enchanted galleon, his eyes locking with Kyungsoo's for a moment before Kyungsoo steps back completely and Baekhyun pushes off the wall.

He’s stepping into Huang Zitao’s apartment, Kyungsoo close on his heels (the heat between them still so apparent), when he spots Junmyeon staring at his enchanted coin while Zitao wraps up the last bit of bandages, Jongdae and Sehun staring at him curiously.

They call the number just as both Kyungsoo and Jongdae hiss, a soft gasp of pain leaving both their mouths simultaneously.

Junmyeon looks up from the phone Baekhyun has perched between them and Sehun narrows his eyes.

Zitao touches Kyungsoo’s forearm, worry etched across his tanned face, eyes flashing behind his glasses.

Slowly, carefully, Jongdae and Kyungsoo lift their sleeves and Baekhyun’s eyes fixate on the dark mark contrasting starkly over their pale skin, the way it seems to light up the tiniest bit, obviously burning them.

“Hello?” Yifan’s voice carries the receiver as Baekhyun continues to stare at Kyungsoo and Jongdae, watching as they exchange wary looks.

Junmyeon speaks, “Yifan, it’s Junmyeon and Baek.”

“He’s calling for us.” Jongdae whispers, voice raspy, uncertain. “The Dark Lord is calling for all of us.”

Kyungsoo nods, looking up from his arm, and he and Baekhyun lock eyes, his gaze just as unwavering and intense as Baekhyun’s.

“Kingsley sent us a patronus…” Yifan takes a deep shaky breath and Baekhyun realizes right then that Yifan, stoic faced Wu Yifan, is afraid, possibly terrified. “Hogwarts is under attack. Harry Potter is there, he’s alive. This could. This could be the end we were waiting for.”

It’s silent enough for Yifan’s voice to carry through the room, crackly from static. Baekhyun’s still staring Kyungsoo right in the eye as he speaks. “We can’t apparate into Hogwarts.”

“The Hog’s Head Inn. There’s a passage.” Baekhyun hears shouts of his name in the background and Yifan inhales sharply, softly. “I’ve got to go. I’ll see you there.”

“Be careful.” Junmyeon murmurs. Yifan hums noncommittally and they know that’s all he can give them.

“The Dark Lord wants us at Hogwarts.” Kyungsoo says, voice floating through the silence of the apartment.

(Baekhyun wonders if he’s imagining the uncertainty in Kyungsoo’s eyes when he and Jongdae lock eyes.)

~.~.~.~.~

Baekhyun looks around the room, gaze pausing on Sehun. Sehun looks away, his neck stretching, and speaks in a soft way, words hesitant, “I spent a lot of time with them.” Sehun pauses, closing his eyes as he shakes his head. “I’m not going to hurt my own kind.”

“No one's asking you to.” Junmyeon utters, touching his shoulder gently, reassuringly. Sehun grimaces and Baekhyun doesn’t hold his decision against him, a few months ago Sehun hadn’t even known about this war. It’s not his obligation to fight in it.

Jongdae looks between Junmyeon and Sehun carefully, his lips curling down into a thin, flat line, the skin around his lips whitening. His eyes flash and Baekhyun doesn’t have the time to figure it out, to figure out the narrowed eyes and the frown.

“We’re going, then.” Baekhyun says, glancing at Kyungsoo as he gestures to Junmyeon and himself.

Kyungsoo shrugs, looks infuriatingly casual, his heart shaped lips still a bit swollen from earlier. “I guess I’ll see you there, huh?”

“If you plan on dueling me, you’d better try harder than all the other times.” Baekhyun tells him, grinning slightly despite the inkling of disappointment filling him to his bones. “I want your best.”

Kyungsoo scoffs, rolls his eyes, despite the ghost of a smile tugging at his lips, “You're reaching too high, Byun. I don't need my best with you.”

Baekhyun snorts but before he can respond, Jongdae pipes up, eyes rolling.

“All right, if you two keep this flirting up we’ll be here all day.” Jongdae points out, snickering when Kyungsoo smacks him over the head, even as he rolls his eyes. “Let’s go.”

And it’s strange to know that this will be the last time they’re going to have their strange little truce. The next time they see each other, they’ll probably be trying to kill each other. Baekhyun locks eyes one last time with Kyungsoo and he feels heavy, tired of what this war has turned their lives into, what Voldemort has done to them.

Kyungsoo offers him the tiniest of smiles, so tiny Baekhyun wonders if he imagined it.

Jongdae speaks, “Don’t die.”

It’s said sharply, like a command, but Baekhyun is reminded of his days back in Hogwarts, of the way Jongdae used to watch out for him, and Baekhyun nods in response.

And then Jongdae and Kyungsoo apparate away with a soft pop.

Sehun stands beside Zitao and looks back and forth, back and forth, from Junmyeon to Baekhyun. “Thank you.” Sehun says, sincerity dripping from his tone, his expression. “Thank you for saving me.”

His words remind Baekhyun of when they first spoke to him and Baekhyun wonders vaguely if they’ve come full circle now.

“We’ll be back.” Baekhyun promises.

(Junmyeon closes his eyes and Baekhyun knows Junmyeon hates broken promises, knows that this last promise could easily become a broken promise.

Baekhyun prays it doesn’t.)

~.~.~.~.~

Now here Baekhyun is, jets of light flying all around him, screams and loudness all around him. The silence usually accompanied with their battles is gone, replaced by jarring screams of both anguish and pain, structures crumbling, and curses whistling through the air, right past his ing nose.

Junmyeon is nowhere to be seen and Baekhyun spins on his heel, his heavy heart growing heavier when he spots Hogwarts students in their robes, of age but barely, fighting in the midst of werewolves and grown Aurors and Death Eaters. It’s chaos, absolute chaos, and Baekhyun has never wanted silence more than he does now. He spots Chanyeol dueling two Death Eaters at once, and Baekhyun’s heart twists at the sight because Chanyeol had told him he didn’t want to be involved in this anymore, that he just wanted to survive. Chanyeol glances to the side, his eyes locking with Baekhyun’s, and he grins that beaming grin of his before turning back to his duel, a green light spilling from his wand. A moment later, a spell flies under the crook of his arm and hits him square in the chest and he flies back, skidding across the rubble and Baekhyun shakes his head, franticly running forward, mind set on protecting him.

But then Jessica and Jessica’s sister, Soojung, appear at Chanyeol’s side, shooting curse after shining curse, a formidable team of their own with matching ponytails and determined scowls. Three Death Eaters drop instantly but Baekhyun can’t see if Chanyeol is okay beyond the skirts of Jessica and Soojung’s robes.

(He swears he hears Chanyeol’s booming laugh and hopes he isn’t imagining it, but he doesn't see Chanyeol again.)

He throws shield charms and curses meant to kill, protecting those he sees having trouble while he slips through the crowd, searching for Junmyeon. He watches people die, enemies and allies alike. But he’s a pureblood Slytherin and his current enemies are people he’s grown up with, people who catch a glimpse of his face and grow angry, expressions twisting into rage.

There’s a heavy feeling in his heart, one he can’t keep from swimming at the surface of his feelings. Baekhyun catches a Death Eater who advances on a student with a nasty spell, sending him soaring through the air. The hair at the back of his neck prickles, so he turns and watches as a three fatal looking curses streak through the air at breakneck speed, right at him. There’s no way of avoiding it, Baekhyun realizes, his eyes growing wide. The spells hurtle towards him and he’s going to die, isn’t he? He closes his eyes, shows a bit of weakness for once and—

The curses never hit. Baekhyun opens his eyes, a glimmering shield charm floating in front of him, drifting. Baekhyun glances to the side and Kyungsoo stands there, mask less, his wand raised.

Slowly, Kyungsoo drops his wand to his side and steps towards him, eyes pinned on his face. Baekhyun frowns at him, glancing from Kyungsoo to the shield charm dispersing in front of him, “I totally had that under control.” Baekhyun finally says, turning so he can shoot a spell at a Death Eater that’s aiming in their direction.

“Yeah right. You were about to get torn apart in three different places,” Kyungsoo glares at him, even while murmuring stupefy at someone over his shoulder. “Don't you dare ing die on me, Byun. We have unsettled business to get to.”

Baekhyun tilts his head at Kyungsoo, eyes glimmering, “Does this unsettled business include killing me or finally taking me out on a date?”

It’s a blunt question, but Baekhyun’s pumped up on adrenaline and he’s fighting in a war. He could die at any moment and his mouth is running on autopilot.

Kyungsoo stares at him, shoots a spell right ahead of them without looking, still staring at Baekhyun, almost contemplatively, “You'll just have to live to find out, won't you, Byun Baekhyun?”

Baekhyun grins, all teeth and flashing, mischievous eyes, “Is that a challenge, Do Kyungsoo?”

That's when Kyungsoo gives him a rare genuine smile, flashing eyes matching Baekhyun’s for a moment, despite the sadness and concern, the wild adrenaline still flickering all throughout his expression and his mannerisms. The sadness in all of their eyes because they're still standing in the middle of a war, they still don’t know if they’ll make it out of this madness alive, if it’s going to be Voldemort or Hogwarts that falls next.

They’re left in absolute uncertainty, but Baekhyun still laughs at Kyungsoo’s expression, and Kyungsoo’s smile still widens, despite the deadly bolts of light whizzing past their heads.

 


End.

 


a/n: This is my first time writing baeksoo I hope I did them justice!! Please comment and subcribe if you liked it and tell me what you thought about the fic :)

(now back to writing my regular fics omg)

xoxo