Hand Care

30 Ways: SpartAce
Please log in to read the full chapter
Title: Hand Care Author: s— Pairing: SpartAce Theme: #3 – jolt! Disclaimer: This work is purely fictional and does not imply any actual relationship or events of any real life counterparts presented. It's implied they are together here tho.

 

Her right hand hurt.

 

Ji Hyo tried moving the appendage slightly. It wasn’t anything serious, but it felt uncomfortable and bothersome.  If she was being honest it felt half like her hand was about to fall off her wrist right then and there, half like there were rubber hands wrapped painfully tight around the palm.

The rather intense game of line-tag (nothing ever became ordinary on Running Man, she chuckled) had called for the two teams to form a line, each person grabbing the person in front and ripping the nametag off of the last person of the other team. The three male idol guests had been very eager to prove themselves and in the ensuing excitement and her drive to win, she had probably grabbed on too tight. 

 

Whatever the case was, the timing wasn't too bad as the cast and staff were met with a well-earned break. She talked with the male idols for a little bit, exchanging pleasantries before excusing herself. A concerned looking Jae Suk walked his way over.

 

“Did you hurt yourself?” Jae Suk asked, peering at her right hand.

 

“It’s nothing serious. I think… My hand just got a cramp from putting too much pressure on it earlier.”

 

Minor injuries from filming were an unfortunate but not uncommon happening. They had painkillers onhand but cramps simply came and went sadly. Jae Suk patted her elbow, with a sympathetic smile. “Ah, just take it easy then. Actually, do you want me to call Jong Kook for you? He’s good with this sort of thing you know.”

 

Jae Suk had often seen Gwang Soo and Gary on the receiving end of Jong Kook's massages where he’d dig his elbow to the other’s back and rub circles. He didn't have doubts that it worked, but the one time he had been on the receiving end of one after a long day had left him with mix of pain and relief. It just wasn’t for everyone he figured, but everyone knew but their tiger was infinitely gentle with Ji Hyo.

He scanned the area quickly for a sign of the muscled man.

 

"Psh no need, he might just end up fussing again," she scoffed although there was no bite behind her words.

 

"Yep, I wouldn't put him past it. 'This is why warm-ups are important'—" Jae Suk joked, miming a hand gesture that suggested the talkative Jong Kook. "I'm going to check on Eun Woo and Jason, but tell me if it gets worse later."

 

Thankfully the place was closed off to the public so it wasn't hard finding a patch of grass at the far end of the stadium behind the makeshift staff tents to rest, after she did get her water bottle from her manager. Ji Hyo sat with her back against the wall, gingerly massaging her calves and hands.

She looked up when a large shadow loomed over her.

 

“Hey, Jong Kook-oppa.”

 

“Hey yourself. What are you doing all the way out here?”

 

“It is break time. I think that tag game wore me out more than I thought it would,”  she said nonchalatnly, massaging her calves again. “My hand cramped up."

 

“..Do you want me to massage it?” He took a seat next to her on her right. She could practically hear the whistle sound effect in the background as Jong Kook was all set in his trainer mode, words of how important proper management was for the body on the tip of his tongue. Even she did not escape his health fanatic tendencies. Although judging from his relative silence Jong Kook was also pretty winded from the earlier activities.

 

“That’d be nice,” she lifted her hand out, the movement causing small protest from her wrist joint. That and the barest tingle when her hands met his. She always did, though she figured she’d be used to this, the sensation there was electricity running through the air between the space of their fingers. She was sure he didn’t mean to do that, but she always did like the way his hands made her feel.

Okay that came out wrong, they hadn't gotten to that p

Please log in to read the full chapter