Episode 261

30 Ways: SpartAce
Please log in to read the full chapter
Title: Episode 261 Author: k— Pairing: SpartAce Theme: #12 - in a good mood Disclaimer: This work is purely fictional and does not imply any actual relationship or events of any real life counterparts presented. (That being said this is loosely based on episode 261)

 

“We rented a school park and set up a night market. Think of it as a festival and enjoy yourselves.”

 

Their initial suspicions were short lived as the miniature fairground beckoned towards them with its twinkling lights. Haha did cast one last look of bewilderment at the PDs who were chuckling lowly. By now the members learned to roll with what good fortune they had and threw (most of) their suspicions to the wind and broke off into twos and threes to enjoy the festivities.

The air was thick with the sweet warm scent of candied goods and the sharp tang of the nights cold, the murmuring laughters and hums of voices against the colorful music— Jong Kook couldn't help but feel a little giddy at the feeling of it all.

 

“A viking ship!”

 

“There’s a candy draw too!”

 

“Woah, look at that!”

 

It wasn't every day he got to enjoy such entertainment without going through extra security measures. 

 

"Wow, there's so much food here hyung!" Gwang Soo said, looking around with wide eyes.

 

"Hey it smells like fried squid, I think one of the stalls is selling some," Suk Jin's gaze fell to the stall where Jae Suk and Gary and Ji Hyo were gathered before finding the one selling fried goods a couple tents over. "There it is!— See I knew they were selling some."

 

Haha dragged Gwang Soo over, looking almost comical with their height differences and calling over his shoulder, "Hyung I'll meet you over there, Gwang Soo and me want to check out the ice cream first—" followed by some incoherent exclamations as the two practically ran off.

 

"I haven't had these in forever," Jong Kook offered, peering at the food steaming slightly on the metal net looking every bit as tantalizing as it smelled. "I remember they used to sell these all the time on the way back from school."

 

Suk Jin popped one in his mouth, his eyes growing wide as he chewed. "Ya this stuff is really good. You shouldn't be so adamant about eating healthy all the time and actually live a little."

 

Jong Kook glared at him, playing it up for the camera before reaching down to grab a small piece earning a small take from the resident Big Nose. Well, technically the bigger one might have been better with less fried surface area to squid ratio— but wow it actually was good. He nodded in approval.

 

"Woah this looks great—" Jae Suk made his way to the front as well just as they were passing the fried squid around their VJs.

 

"Hyung, wasn't Ji Hyo with you?" Jong Kook asked.

 

"Ji Hyo? I think she went to try the balloon game actually."

 

And then he saw her coming in the distance, looking around at the other tents even as she munched on a yeot candy. She saw him and broke into a smile, curiosity written on her face wondering why there were so many people in front of one stand.

 

Jong Kook picked one of the fried squid up and held one it to Ji Hyo in between bites of his second helping of the snack. The brief moment of warmth where his finger brushed against his her was replaced by a sudden emptiness as she she took a bite. His gaze was oddly intent as he look at her but his eyes melted into pleased crescents at the look of look elated surprise.

 

“It’s good right?”

Please log in to read the full chapter