one

mornings
Please log in to read the full chapter

the dawn of the day was quiet, and with a mug of coffee in hand, donghae looked out over the vast ocean. lately he's been waking up just before sunrise, and finding himself leaning against the seaside balcony railing, watching the eastern sun rise over the water. the morning was still like that, always. as two lithe arms from behind wrapped around his torso, donghae felt his morning begin, like a frozen clock that decided to tick. "hey."

a tiny sigh and a muffled "hello" came from his back. he felt her heat seep into him, still so warm from being wrapped in the blankets. "it's so cold," she moaned, muffled as she said it into his back, and he fought to contain his bark of laughter because he knew that time would move faster if he let it loose. he wanted this moment to last, he always did.

instead donghae set the mug on the table beside them then turned in her arms, wrapping his own arms around her as he settled his chin on her shoulder, adjusting so he wasn't hurting her. in response she lowered her hands to rest around his waist and moved her face closer to his bare neck. "how is this?" he whispered, walking back through the open balcony doors.

she said, "perfect," but he felt it more than he heard it, her breath tickling his skin. so that's why she turned her head that way, he thought as he surpressed a shiver.

she let him walk them around the house in this fashion, her humming and him harmonizing (as best he could) to an old song of hers,

Please log in to read the full chapter