1/2

Fleeting Feelings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Coffee for you.” A hand reached his arm and a cup of caffeine was slid across, successfully waking up his sleeping senses, “and coffee for me.”

It was three in the morning and yet they are still up and studying for their Neuroanatomy exam tomorrow or technically later. They are in their favorite coffee shop- since freshmen-  and now they are on their senior years but it feels like never once they felt the need to find a new sanctuary.

“Henli-ah,” Sungmin called out softly, eyes drooping in exhaustion and information overload from all the science subjects they are taking for this semester, who knows taking Psychology as a course could this be hard. Who even started the idea that Psychology is that easy? Of course not. 

“You really did choose the expensive ones,” Sungmin whined. This time burying his head on his stretched hand, a pencil in between those fingers and Henry could be sure that Sungmin is still a kid at heart.

“It’s on me.” Henry chided good-naturedly. “For the BioChem notes,” he added before pushing the cup of coffee nearer to where Sungmin placed his head. “Come on drink that while it is still warm.”

Sungmin looked at Henry suspiciously as if this is not the first time that Henry bought something for him. It is not that he doesn’t like it. Actually it is quite a relief that there is always someone who saves him from buying even small things like this. He grew up with his parents staggering on their business every now and then. Putting his brother to a rehabilitation center is the best decision they could think of, only if his brother was not a complete jerk to come in and out of the rehab center, then their business could even afford him an enough allowance to go through the day.

“Yah! I bought you coffee to help you stay awake, are you even dozing off now?” Henry poked him with the pencil’s eraser which Sungmin answered a gruntled, no. Soon a spoon filled chocolate madness appeared before his eyes, it was Henry offering a piece of his cake. Thinking that eating a chocolate cake with coffee would do no harm, Sungmin took a bite of it.

He smiled at Henry, his cheeks bulging with the cake melting in the insides of it. And Sungmin's mind wandered back to the days who Henry decided that trudging on Sungmin's life is as simple as passing a neighbor's house. Hi--Hello, goodbye. However, in their case, good bye will never be an option.

 

 

»»-------------¤-------------««

 

 

"So, have you already decided on what to do with my proposal?" 

It was on their walk back to their dorms when Henry decided it was the best time to remind Sungmin of his offer. They are just three months away from graduation. And soon they would be parting ways. But Henry said there is a turmoil going on in their family that Henry needs Sungmin's help. Unknown to Henry, Sungmin at that time is as just in the same dilemma as him. Except that Henry's problem isn't really a problem after all, it is actually a ridiculous and absurd situation that it left Sungmin thinking for days.

"I-" Sungmin started with a low voice but the uncertainty and a smudge of hesistance is loud and clear. Somehow, Henry felt guilty. 

"Do you need more time?" Henry inteverned, somewhat trying to halt whatever obscure answer Sungmin will be telling but Sungmin is faster -no, more like- agressive and determined. And Henry had to stop walking so he can fully analyze his bestfriend.

"I-I just haven't told you yet my side." Sungmin took a deep slow calculating breath that for Henry is a sign that Sungmin is feeling nervous. Albeit the tensed atmosphere lingering in between the two of them, Henry still offered a smile. And Sungmin took it as a sign to continue talking.

"I have a pro-problem too." Henry took his elbow and lead him to the nearest bench. They sat facing each other but Sungmin was nowhere looking at Henry. He is not feeling embarrassed but he just don't want to look at the other as he felt like facing Henry would make it harder for him to talk. Because Henry has that kind of laxed aura even at the most tumultous time. "Uhm, but more like a family problem." He took a deep b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter