Gomawo

Crossing Boundaries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Taeyeon’s POV]

Life can be a very strange thing.

 

Especially when you come home to your normally scary-as-hell-and-crazier-than-Spongebob housemate slumped on the floor acting as though someone just told her she could not have ice-cream for the rest of her life. Or cookies. Or Netflix.

 

“Kim Taeyeon he’s dead!”

 

“Yeah I'm so tired I can die now.” I rolled my eyes.

 

“Not you… Prince.” Jung lamented, holding her pet up as if to demonstrate its catatonic state. “I’ve charged it for the whole day but he’s still not moving. Are you feeling sick, Prince? Please tell me which part of you is not well.” She then flips the vacuum three hundred and sixty degrees and back and forth to inspect it.

 

Geez this woman just gets weirder each time I see her.

 

“Look! He wouldn’t answer me!” She suddenly stood up and shoved the vacuum cleaner in my face.

 

“R-right. Look at him, he really looks sick!” I said sympathetically, pointing at the vacuum. I figured I’ll just entertain her for a bit.

 

“Then you’ve got to think of something to save him!”

 

“Looks like I've got to think of something to save you first.” I couldn’t resist saying. I mean seriously, this woman needs help.

 

“It’s been six years. The warranty is over!” Jung started pacing up and down the living room, completely ignoring me. “What should I do?” She turned to me all of a sudden.

 

“How would I know? This thing is yours, why don’t you go ask the manufacturer?”

 

At my reply, a small silence sprouted as Jung squatted on the floor looking all pitiful while she cuddled her Prince. “Prince you must not be sick. Nothing must happen to you, Prince.”

 

Jung looked so sad that I actually felt bad for her.

 

Then without warning, she grabbed my leg and pleaded tearfully, “Please please please I beg you… please help me save Prince…”

 

I recoiled in shock, feeling totally weirded out as I tried to pull my leg away. But seeing as to how Jung had absolutely no intention of letting me go before I did something for Prince, I sighed loudly, pinching the bridge of my nose.

 

Why do people always play the pity card?

 

“Okay. Okay! I’ll see what I can do.” With my limited high school Physics, I added in my head. But Jung didn’t need to know that. “Just… let me go first.”

 

I brought out the dusty tool box from the storage room and laid out all the equipment and tools we will possible need on the kitchen table. I sat on the chair, snapped on my imaginary rubber gloves before grabbing the screwdriver and commencing my little ‘operation’ on Prince. This is actually a bit thrilling, I thought to myself, before a very annoying voice slapped me back to reality.

 

“Hey hey hey be careful.”

 

“Tch. Yes I will,” I reassured her for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter