the answer

kontrol

so there is a sequel. i hope you like this part too! even tho it's much shorter than the previous one. thank you so much for all the comments 


Sunggyu almost tripped when he entered the library. That wasn't like him, though, but he was a bit nervous.

The library was actually quite small, and there weren't many people, probably because exam period had already ended and no student would like to stay there for longer than needed. There were a few shelves scattered around the place, making it had a semicircular shape. It was nice, Sunggyu liked it. He used to hate libraries with long, fathomless corridors where you could easily get lost. Instead, he preferred small, cozy places like that one.

He wasn't wearing anything covering his head, his dark brown hair tousled and bangs covering his forehead. It made him look younger, people said.

It was already autumn, the leaves falling down like pieces into place throughout the streets, turning the ground a mix of age-old green and burning red, with little flashes of brown and orange. Sunggyu liked it. Probably because it was calm and beautiful. It made him feel happy, so he cherished every detail his eyes could capture.

He put his coat on the chair and shook off his arms, his bluish shirt somewhat wrinkled.

The sound of his boots against the pavement resounded through the whole place and it made him feel anxious.

There was a man with straight black hair looking down at his table, his mind completely lost on the books he had in front of him, and the glasses on his face made him look youthful.

“Hello, Woohyun.” he greeted, fidgeting, and the man took a few seconds before looking away from his book and instead look at him. He quickly stood up when he recognized Sunggyu.

“Sunggyu?!” he exclaimed, his voice tone probably more high-pitched than he would have wanted it to. “Wow, long time no see.”

Sunggyu smiled faintly and nodded, avoiding his gaze and looking around them, at the library.

“What are you doing here?”

“I took reading as a hobby.” he replied. “A few months ago.”

“That's wonderful.” Woohyun smiled. “Are you feeling better?”

Sunggyu remained silent. Actually, he had gone to that library for something (someone) specific, but now it seemed as if words wouldn't want to come out of his mouth.

“I am feeling better indeed.” his voice was low and he noticed Woohyun moving closer to hear him properly. “In fact, I came here just to see you.”

Woohyun seemed surprised at that.

“To see me?”

“Yes.” after taking a deep breath, he dared to look straight at Woohyun's eyes. “I wanted to tell you how much your words back then affected me. How much they helped me.”

Woohyun kept staring at him, unsure if he should say something or if Sunggyu was going to keep on talking.

“I looked at things from other perspective. I tried not looking for a permanent state of happiness but to take it out from the small things. It helped me to feel less sad. And less empty. I think, after so many years, I've finally found my way. So I wanted to thank you, because I'm really grateful.”

“I'm really glad to hear that, Sunggyu.” Woohyun smiled, his lips curving into a grin as bright at the sun. Sunggyu loved it. “I'm really glad.”

Sunggyu nodded, feeling a bit awkward after all he had said. It felt as if he was pouring his heart out.

“So you might see me frequently from now on. I'm planning on coming here a lot.”

Woohyun seemed pleased to hear that.

 

*****

 

Woohyun learned Sunggyu loved reading poetry. Poetry was like music: intense, meaningful, powerful, heartbreaking, but yet beautiful. Sunggyu was so used to read between lines on his music that now it wasn't difficult for him to understand those verses.

Sunggyu noticed that spending his days with Woohyun and reading poetry inspired him to write his own lyrics, and one day he let Woohyun listen to them.

Woohyun confessed that day, and Sunggyu was reluctant.

“But what if people find out?” he asked. “My career will be ruined.”

“It's on you, Sunggyu. Just ask yourself this: what makes you happy?”

Sunggyu thought about it.

“You.” he answered. “But music too.”

“You don't have to give up one thing to keep being with the other, you already know that.”

Sunggyu opened his mouth but the words died on the tip of his tongue, because Woohyun was right.

“Okay.” he surrendered, in the end.

And they kissed.

 

Woohyun didn't know until then that there was something missing inside of him, but now it was next to him. And he loved Sunggyu, probably as much as Sunggyu loved music. And Sunggyu loved him back, probably as much as he loved books.

So, in the end, Woohyun felt complete, and Sunggyu felt alive.