Chapter 6

The Mirror Poltergeist

For a moment there was peaceful quiet in Sunggyu's mind. Then it was rudely interrupted by flashing bright lights and a loud, piercing scream. Drops of blood splattered all around his vision and he could feel them running down his face. He tried moving his head but even though he could feel his muscles move, his gaze remained fixed straight ahead. He couldn't avoid the scene that was developing in front of him. He couldn't make out any actual people, but he could see the silhouettes of multiple people standing in the center of his vision. They were all and squirming in pain. Then another silhouette appeared above them. It was a glowing, black aura and it's long, black hair floated above its glowing shoulders. A sickly feeling bolted through Sunggyu's entire body and he suddenly felt like he was going to faint from hunger. He wanted to look away. He wanted to wake up from this barrage of unpleasant imagery.

Then a whispery voice sounded in his ears.

"Don't fight me."

"Go to hell!" Sunggyu shouted. His voice sounded miles away to him.

"Never." The voice responded bluntly.

Then Sunggyu's entire body twitched and the scene in front of him turned into the calming color of the well-lit pink hallway. He was lying on the floor and the light from the ceiling forced him to cover his eyes. At the same time it was extremely comforting, so once the shock went away, he removed his arm from his eyes and let himself relax below the light.

"This needs to end now..." He said quietly and sighed. He was more than a little disgusted by the fact that this ghost devil woman seemed to be interested in him. Dating a thing like her would not be good on so many levels.

Sunggyu carefully sat up and looked around. There was an opening in front of him and Sungjong was looking at him.

"Hyung, come here! Quickly!" He motioned Sunggyu to come into the room.

A very small feeling of uncertainty rushed through Sunggyu's mind but his feet moved him forward. He sprinted into the room and the lighting changed. The room he was in was filled with small mirrors spread out on all the walls and ceiling. Light was pouring in from all of them. To Sunggyu's relief, he didn't feel lightheaded from entering a new room.

"Sungjong." Sunggyu breathed in relief.

"I'm here too." Sungyeol spoke from Sunggyu's left.

Sunggyu looked at both of them. "You two don't look too hurt."

"What are you talking about? We were never hurt." Sungjong cocked his head a little. He was sitting with his back leaning against the wall.

"Yeah. It's kind of boring in here but it's not painful." Sungyeol was sitting cross-legged on the opposite side of the small room.

Sunggyu blinked. "So you're not seeing images of blood and hearing screams of pain in your ears?"

"No. We've been talking about gravity." Sungjong replied.

Sunggyu stared at him and then let out a small breath. "I shouldn't have come in here. You're clearly not yourselves."

"You sound like Woohyun." Sungyeol chuckled.

"Hey he surrendered already, right?" Sungjong asked.

Sunggyu blinked again. "...as a matter of fact, yes."

Sungjong and Sungyeol exchanged looks and laughed.

"I knew it. It didn't take too long." Sungjong grinned.

"Yeah he's weak." Sungyeol added. "I think everyone put up a bigger fight then him, but even now it doesn't matter. Since there's nothing we can do about it."

Sungjong hummed and nodded.

"What? Of course there's something we can do about this!" Sunggyu exclaimed. "It's the reason why me, Hoya, and Woohyun came into this place! We want to get you and Dongwoo out!"

"It's a nice gesture, but there really isn't anything you can do, hyung." Sungyeol shook his head. "The woman who lives here won't ever let us go. She's told us many times."

"And now you're brainwashed by it..." Sunggyu muttered and sighed. "Ugh seriously..."

"It's not a bad thing, hyung." Sungjong said. "It's really nice. If you stay in here with us, you don't have to get hurt anymore."

"Yeah, all the pain you saw is the pain we've seen too." Sungyeol added.

Sunggyu glanced at him. "How do you know I saw pain?"

"I don't know." Sungyeol shrugged. "We can just feel it. We can feel each other too." He motioned to Sungjong.

Sungjong nodded. "It's kind of cool."

Sunggyu was quiet for a moment. "...so if you can sense each other, then can you sense Hoya?"

Sungjong and Sungyeol exchanged glances then shook their heads at Sunggyu.

Sunggyu let out a small breath. Good, then he's still himself.

"Dongwoo's not doing too well right now." Sungjong said quietly.

Sunggyu looked at him. "What do you mean?"

"He's being punished." Sungyeol said. "He made the woman angry and now he's paying the price."

Sunggyu's mouth hung open a little. "S-so...he really did save me from almost losing myself?"

"Must be. That's a valid reason to receive punishment." Sungyeol nodded.

"Doesn't that make you angry? Your own friend getting punished like this?" Sunggyu asked.

"He brought it on himself." Sungjong said. "He disobeyed the woman and this is what he gets. We have no reason to be angry."

Sunggyu sighed. "Well I'm obviously not getting anywhere talking to you two. If you're not going to help me, then just stay here until the woman is dead."

"You're going to kill her?" Sungyeol asked.

"Uh, yeah! I don't want my friends' souls trapped in a haunted house of mirrors!"

"Oh...well this is a bit awkward then." Sungjong glanced at Sungyeol, who nodded.

"You can't leave this room now." Sungyeol said.

"Sure I can." Sunggyu turned around and sprinted for the wall. His hand went through the door but hands grabbed his back and shoulders. "Ah, let go!! I'm trying to help you guys!"

"Stay with us. It's safe in here." Sungjong smiled.

Sunggyu groaned as he was slowly dragged backward. He kept his hand outstretched, staring at the wall desperately. Please, something good happen!!

Seconds after that thought entered his mind, another hand grabbed his hand before it completely drew back into the wall. His arm was jerked forward roughly, causing him to stumble forward. He was back in the pink hallway and leaning against another person.

"Sunggyu?" The person helped Sunggyu stand up straight.

Sunggyu quickly looked up and gasped a little. "Hoya!"

 

“Who did you see just now?”

 

“Sungyeol and Sungjong.”

 

“Have you seen Woohyun?”

 

Sunggyu’s head lowered. “He’s one of them now.”

 

Hoya sighed. “Great, so now there’s only you and me left?”

 

Sunggyu nodded. “Yep. Hey whatever happened with you and Dongwoo after you left us?”

 

“The Dongwoo I was talking to wasn’t the real Dongwoo. His figure changed and I saw the ghost woman.”

 

“Hey that happened to me too. When I saw Myungsoo.”

 

“That was the scariest thing I ever saw in my life.” Hoya shivered and shook his head.

 

“I don’t blame you. The woman seems to be interested in me.” Sunggyu sighed.

 

“She told you?” Hoya raised his eyes.

 

“Yeah, pretty much. I think she’s fooling around with me the most because of that.”

 

“That’s disgusting.”

 

“No joke.”

 

Hoya was quiet for a moment. “…it must be a good thing that we found each other again. I was starting to feel really on edge.”

 

Sunggyu nodded. “Yeah…but now where do we go from here?”