Happy Birthday - Two Shot

The End of The Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey babe, do you know where my jacket is? I'm gonna be late for Blue Night."

"Isn't near the couch from when you came back yesterday?"

It was just your average Thursday night. You could hear the late night traffic from the city and from the balcony she was standing on, the Stars decided not to show. Though, the moon, made an appearance shining through the clouds making her face glow. The soon to be  winter wind blew her way and as she shivered from the contact, a pair of arms made their way around her waist.

"Mm Jonghyun, didn't New Recording say you were going to be late for Blue Night?"

"But I'm gonna miss you~! I just wanna hold you and kiss you and love you and cuddle y-"

You knew he would continue, as you wish he could but, you knew he had to go regardless--regardless of nothing.

"Babe~ it's fine. I'll drop you off, come back home, turn on the radio and listen to you. It's alright I'll be here waiting."

He pouted as the female recited her schedule. He knew she wasn't happy for they both were sick of the same thing happening each day yet, they did nothing.

It wasn't because they were giving up on each other. No no no no no. Never would they give up on a foundation they've built upon for years. Maybe they just caught up with reality and accepted the fact that this was how their life went. And they were okay with that.

I hate making you wait. Don't you understand that? I just want to be home with you.

He sighed with dismay as he twisted her around so he could see her face illuminate under the moonlight. The cool breeze brushed her hair behind her as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Her head went in the crook of his neck and he held her tighter by the waist. Standing in silence, he kissed her forehead and decided that they should leave.

Driving into the hectic streets of Seoul, Zion.T's No Makeup was playing. In the car you can hear two melodic voices singing soulfully and joyfully. How beautiful the scene was.

It soon came to an end as they arrived to the building that separated them. She parked in the front and waited for him to get out.

"I love you." He stated before he left.

She smiled at the statement that spoke truth, "I love you too."

"You don't have to pick me up when I'm done. I want you to sleep."

He was worried. She knew but when will be the next time she sees him? Their moments together were limited these days so she had to spend every living breath with him.

"I'll be listening." She pretended she didn't hear him, "Don't fall asleep." She teased playfully.

He rolled his eyes as he shut the door and jogged into the building.

She watched him and smiled. What luck did I receive for meeting him?  She started the engine and went her way back to the apartment complex.

Once she made it home she the radio to Blue Night. As always, she was just in time to hear his soothing voice introducing his radio show. She would always listen to Blue Night, even if she too tired to pick up her own body weight, she would always listen to him because it was as if he was there with her. She missed him. A lot. It almost became a habit of how much she missed to look at him in the eyes, dance around on their balcony, talk a stroll around the park, or to just be in his arms at night.

In this weather it was rare to have rain but apparently on this night, the clouds felt heavy and decided to fall. When did I become so sad? Oh yeah, it's because it's past midnight.

She decided to take a bath to clear her thoughts and just let go. The aroma of the bath was pleasing to her as she slipped into warm waters. She could still hear him in the background playining his midnight melodies. Soon, her favorite section came up where he sang his own compositions.

There was nothing more she loved than his voice.

"Ah yes, I know that for some of you this section of my station is your favorite. Well, honestly it's my favorite as well because the songs I've held so dearly to my heart, are now songs I can share with you."

He started thinking of her. I know you aren't sleeping I just hope you'll be eating.

"Tonight is actually a very special nig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter