The End of The Day

The End of The Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Alright class is done! Enjoy the rest of the day and don't forget to study for your exams on Tuesday!"

 

I sighed as I leaned back in my chair and closed my eyes wishing for the end of the day.

 

I really didn't enjoy my days as much as I did before. Every day was just a repeat; wake up at 6 AM, go to 3 hour lectures, work at my part time job for 2 hours, back to 6 hour classes, then work at my other part time job until 8:30 PM, and lastly study for upcoming exams. Sleeping wasn't the easiest thing for despite the busy day I've had. When I finally start to fall asleep, it's already time for me to wake up. These days it's been hard since my sleeping schedule was off, my coworkers taking time off which means I take over their shift, strict teachers giving us tons of homework, and I just want to give up.

 

I wanted to give up, but I couldn't because of my boyfriend Kim Jonghyun, who was also an idol that had very little time on his hands. He is someone who supports my dreams and tells me to never give up. He is my encouragement and my driving force to continue on. We couldn't see each other very often due to the busy schedules and the fact I can't see him makes me want to break down even more. The last time I saw him was before he started a strict diet and promotions. I miss him.

 

"Just wait 'til the end of the day. You can make it."

 

I told myself as I got up and headed towards work. There were nice people that I worked with and we had fairly friendly customers. We weren't a busy coffee shop and I was glad for that. When the customers' got their drink I spent the free time to study or to just think. I brought out my notebook and started to write or draw, whatever came to my mind was put on paper. While busy with my mind, I didn't hear a fellow college student call out my name.

 

"Excuse me miss? Can I have black coffee? No sugar or cream please."

 

I nodded in response and went my way making his drink. When I was done I called out his name and handed him his coffee. He retrieved his coffee with a quick thanks and left the shop quickly. Seeing my shift end I left the shop, and stated I was leaving. I was on my way to my next class which was on the other side of the campus and I only had about 10 minutes to get there. I went on my bike and tried my best to get there as fast as I could but ended up five minutes late. I prepared myself for a scolding.

 

"So you finally decide to join now? I'll be marking five points off your next assignment."

 

I nodded and bowed my head towards my professor as an apology. I went to my seat trying my best to focus. She was giving us a presentation about understanding the words we write in context. It wasn't something a professor would present everyday but it was nice to learn something different. Class discussion commenced and someone, who I didn't know, pointed their finger in my direction and asked, “Why do you think understanding another person's words are important?"

 

I never thought about such things and I never cared for another persons' words. Then I thought about it, feeling the crease between my eyebrows and I responded, “So we can understand how they feel. When a person writes they put feelings at hand and start to write about whatever they feel is right."

 

They nodded in satisfaction with my answer and class continued on with discussion. We moved on to another topic and discussed. Usually the day would go by slowly but the six hours in class felt like three. After class I was the last one to go out. It always seemed to be that way. Maybe it was because I dreaded whatever came my way or simply I didn't want the sun to rise and shine on my face telling me to cease the day.

 

I took out my phone to see what time it was it was roughly five o' clock in the evening, I had my other job to attend. I worked as a tutor for freshmen who needed help understanding their assignments and as a dorm counselor helping students feel comfortable and at home within their dorm. It would be two hours when I would be helping at front desk and one and a half hours tutoring students. Sometimes it would be frustrating because some students don't understand what I'm saying but I cover it up with a calm facade or, if I'm too tired I just explain again.

 

These are one of those days when I'm too tired.

 

I kept watching the clock when I was on my own hoping that it would tick faster so my day would be over. 

 

"Hey, do you want leave early? You look like you're a part of the cast for the Walking Dead!-" My coworker would often joke with me whenever she had nothing to do. A grin was tugged upon my lips, sometimes her jokes aren't that funny.

 

"I'm serious though, your exams are coming up soon and you should sleep well for them." She is a senior that would help me and be a good friend for me whenever I needed it. She's a good friend and probably one of my closest' ones.

 

"Are you sure? I've been doing fine this whole time during exams."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter