baek-to-school blues

fire & light

 

Baekhyun woke up with a good morning text from his *sigh* annoying boyfriend Chen. He doesn’t even want to get into details. It was just a mere 2 weeks ago, they were hanging out in Baekhyun’s backyard, drinking lemonade until Chen kissed his checked and asked him out,. And out of the kindness of his heart, he says yes. He hates seeing his best friend crumble, which is a lot. Chen’s text said:

 

 

From: Jongdae: /

Good morning baeky-cake. First day of school is today. I hope it will be a god day but it will be better because it’s with me LOL!!1! I’m so funny. Remember to stick with me @ all times. And stay away from that Jongin kid, I don’t like him. Remember cutie pie, be the best you can be, but it can’t be better than me because I’m the best. Wear camouflage capris and black and white Jordans today so we could match. ily

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. The good morning paragraph he got from Chen was annoyingly long, trivial, and pointless. Plus, camo pants are SO 2006. Baek rolled out of bed and got ready. He brushed his teeth. Showered, styled his hair, and then, the hard part.

Being the school’s #3 fashionista, he wanted to attend school as a new 11th grader with a bang. He was supposed to look for clothes last night, but he returned home late from Kai’s last day of summer party. He put on an undershirt and an ed white and light blue stripped button up shirt. He put on red ripped jean shorts that went up to the top of his knee caps. He put his red and white NIKE sneakers. He looked at the mirror in his room and check himself out. But he’s not done yet. He styled his light brown hair. Lastly, he applied on eyeliner, which took him a good 35 minutes.  He went downstairs and saw his cousin eating corn flakes and his mom reading the news paper.

“Are you seriously wearing that to school”. His cousin asked?  “At least I actually look like my age. You look like your age 10, not grade 10.” Baekhyun pointed at his red shirt, black capris, and brown sandals. “Boys, Boys, stop bickering. Baekhyun, make yourself some cereal.” Baekhyun’s mom called out. Baek went to closet and grabbed some Lucky Charms. “Looks who’s the 10 years old now, Captain Eyeliner.”  His mom snickered. “Yah! It’s Commander Eyeliner.” Everyone in his family knows about the nickname Chen gave him ever since he started wearing makeup in the 5th grade, while still in a Star Trek phase.

“Can you all do me a favor and not talk about… HIM.” Baekhyun started putting milk on his cereal.

“Why? I thought he was your best friend. You’re BFFL.  You’re ride or die. Yo-“

“Stop it fool. He rather ride me than die with me.” Baekhyun grumbled as he stuffed a granola bar (and a beer) in his backpack.

“What do you mean by that huh?” his cousin pestered him.

“Nothing.” Baekhyun went into the fridge and grabbed some grapes and an on-the-go yogurt.

“Yeah babe, what do you mean by that.” His mom looked up.

“I was kidding eomma. I’m leaving now.” Baekhyun kissed his mom on the cheek and he went up to his cousin ad ruffled his hair. “See you around pabo.”

“HEY! I have a name you know. And don’t mess up my hair. I actually put effort in it.”

“Actually.” Baekhyun smirked,

“Oh, Baekhyun, can I ask you something quickly.” Those words made him stop in his tracks. That is the one phrase that scares the hell out of teenagers.

“I had a pack of beer in the closet in the basement. And not it suddenly…” She looked at Baekhyun and Taehyung. “Disappeared. Any ideas?”

“I don’t know. I don’t go down there. See you all later.” Baekhyun ran off before anyone can question him.

Whenever Baekhyun walks to school, he takes the long way. That’s usually they time he takes out his beer and drinks it, hoping no one he sees is watching. Sometimes it’s not beer. Sometimes it’s alcohol, tequila, or vine. Yeah he illegally drinks. But he started when he was really young, it’s like an addiction. It was ever since his dad died while in the AMRY. It has been so hard. His mom used to drink but stopped ever since Baekhyun’s cousin came to live with him (because his parents are always on business trips.) Hs cousin usually goes with his parents or his friend’s house in the summer but for the school year he is with Baekhyun and his mom.

 

The thing about the long way Baekhyun takes to school, is that he sees all the worst people there. The smokers, the drunken, the other drinkers, and the occasional . Most of the time they just hurt Baekhyun, push him around, make him take his clothes off and give him a or just straight up him. But lately, his hasn’t been getting .

But he doesn’t mind. He loves the pain. It’s been in his system, since 1992. And he can’t stop.

 

 

When it was time for lunch, Baekhyun was at his locker, texting Kai. But as he was typing, he noticed someone hug him from behind yelling “Gotcha!” Baekhyun was so happy to hear the voice so he turned around and hugged the hugger. “Chen-ah I missed you too much man!”

“Hi baby, I miss you too. Wait…is that...beer in your locker.” Baekhyun paused and rolled his eyes and he closed his locker.

“Jongdae, I thought we were going to take this slow.”

“I know baby but I can’t resist it. Now here’s my cap.” Chen placed his white baseball cap backwards on Baek’s head. 

“JONGDAE! Do you know how long this took me to style, pabo.” Baekhyun took the cap off, fixed his hair, and put it back on.

“You see, and you look so fine it in. Well, because it’s mine.” Chen put his arm around Baek as they walked into the lunchroom.

Immediately when the two entered, Baekhyun saw his best friends, Kai, Suho and Tao. They both arrived at their table hand and hand as Chen was giving googly eyes at Baekhyun, while he is fake smiling.

“Whoa there kids. 2 feet apart PLEASE!” Suho joked. He was like the guardian of the group, so he calls us kids and they boys call him mom.

“ATTENTION EVERYONE. ATTENTION. YO!” Chen went onto of the table and announced.

“.” Kai cussed while Baekhyun groaned “Jongdae, what are you doing.”

I, Kim Jongdae, am happily ecstatic and pleased to announce and introduce my new and permanent boyfriend.”

“Is it super glue?”  Tao called out. Everyone chuckled.

“No, ZITTAO.  It’s the love of my life, the apple of my eye, the…..um…the

Baekhyun quickly stood up with him and announced “Hi guys. I’m Baekhyun and we’re going out. Ok, back to your daily lunch activities.” Baekhyun quickly pulled Chen down and swat his arm.

“Sweetie, are we having out first fight already.”

“Just promise me to desist on being embarrassing. I have a reputation too & I don’t want it to change.”

“Into a Chenputation.” Kai pointed out.

“What the hell,” Chen questioned, “Is a Chenputation.”

“You. Being a manwhore.” Tao started.

“An ANNOYING flirt.” Suho continued.

“You’re loud and gossipy.” Jongin snarled.

“And, “Baekhyun finished, “a desperate vain troll. But we love you for it.”

“Sometimes.”  Kai added.

“Yah shut up Jongin. I don’t see you getting and lately.”

“. Chen is the magic word.” Suho scolded. Kai, being the most popular junior in school, doesn’t need to let people know that he is gay.

“Well, congrats on your nuptials. But if you’re going to be seen with Chen, you sure are dressed for it. That shirt with those shoes is actually a sheer mortification.” Tao scoffed.

Tao is actually the fashion king of the whole 11th grade, and one of the best dressed guys in the school. Baekhyun and Kai are around the number three mark, which annoys Baekhyun because he likes looking good.

“Cute stuff you said there, ZITTAO, but your purple zebra print tank top, ripped acid washed jean shorts and white converses...” “Don’t forget the fedora. And yes, I look cute.” Tao snapped his fingers, which made everyone laugh.

“Okay, Okay you got me there. But guys, don’t you remember? The eight grade relationship pact?”

Nobody answered.

“C’mon, we made it during the beginning of the year. Chen, tell me you remember.”

“At least you remember my name. And what baekie-kins mean is that we all made a pact in the eighth grade that if one of us dates, we all have to find dates to avoid putting our love over friendship. Like bros before hoes.”

“Don’t worry Chen, I always put my bros before you.” Kai assured.

“Oh look at you JONGDAE. up to Baekhyun as usual.” Tao nagged.

“Be quiet Tao. Sitting there like you have people falling for you.” Chen grumbled.
“He actually does, Adams . I am going steady with this lovely er over here.” Kai kissed Tao on the cheek.

“Aw, Jongy.” Tao swooned.

“Jongy? Jongy? Never say that again.” Chen complained.

“Well, I’m into Chinese men so it’s a no from me.” Suho kept sipping on his Raspberry bubble tea.

“Oppa? You like CHINESE men? You heard they have small , right?” Chen scrambled next to Suho and started to activate his flirt mode.

“ALL Asians have small .” Kai rolled his eyes.

“How many times do we need to discuss this?” Baekhyun whined.

“Not enough baby, because you haven’t seen me yet.” Chen gave the weakest wink Baekhyun has ever seen. “And back to you, my Junmyeonnie.” Chen cooed and chatted flirted more with Suho, moving closer to him while he scoots away.

Baekhyun moved between Tao and Kai.

“Aren’t you jealous Baek?” Tao questioned.

“That the man of your dreams is not giving you the attention.” Kai smirked.

“Unlike him, I don’t need the spotlight on me 24/7. Now, let’s watch some mother- bo-“He was cut off when he heard someone yelled the F word.

“Okay, who just dropped the F bo-?”  Kai stopped what he was saying and pointed to the table to the back of the room, which was near the Galaxy Dragons, the most popular seniors at school. Well, not all of them are seniors, only 3.The head of the Galaxy Dragons, Kris Wu, looks like he is having beef with the maknae of the group, Oh Sehun, 2nd most fashionable person in the whole school.

 

“I hate it when you act like a in front of my and my peers in PUBLIC.” And you have the balls to actually t with my ex-boyfriend? Hoe DARE you. And yes, I said hoe because of you look up that word in the dictionary, it would be a selca of you inside a garbage can.” Kris spat out.

“That’s a good comeback, I’m writing it down.” Kai murmured while typing on his phone.

“Wait, who is Kris’ ex-boyfriend.” Suho wondered. Everyone shrugged except Tao, who was getting a creepy smirk from Chen. He then cleared his throat and changed the subject.

“Um, anyways, I hope Sehun is ok. Kris is a handful.”

“You would know ZITTA who was that?” He got cut off until he heard a girly voice scream no.

“Don’t fret. It was LuHan, who was trying to break up a fist fight between Kris and Sehun. So nothing new.” Kai took a carrot from Suho’s plate and crunched on it.

“And there is Minseok, who is trying to clam LuHan down, which is also not a surprise.”Suho took Kai’s bag of veggie chips and started offering the table. “Chips anyone?”

“You know, I think LuHan and Xiumin would make a totally cute couple.” Baekhyun took a handful of chips.

“WHAT? Byun Baekhyun are you insane?’ Minseok obviously needs and courageous man with character, flexibility, and mannerism.”

“LuHan’s pretty courage to stop into that fist fight.” Tao stated.

“And he is really polite. He is from China.” Suho gushed.

“He sure shows a lot of character. He is a natural born actor.” Baekhyun took some more chips.

“And LuHan’s is the co captain of the varsity dance team so he is flexible. Like really flexible. But then again he does do a lot of school activities and sports.” Kai gave a smirk and a wink to Chen.

“Yahhh screw you all.” Chen took his backpack and left the lunchroom angrily

“He wishes.” Kai murmured and Tao gigged

Unfortunately, when Chen was angrily walking away he got shoved into Sehun, who he pushed aside and fell down on the ground. Sehun saved himself while doing a split, but that also made him split his pants.

“AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA IM CRYING OH SEHUN RIPPED HIS ahahahahaha I wish I had that on replay. Whoa whoa whoa is that a pink thong? I am W-E-A-K weak!”  Baekhyun started laughing so loudly he looked like he is going to cry. Just then, Sehun got up, walked straight up to Sehun and said “That was not even close to funny, Byun. You better watch yourself this week.” Sehun pivoted around and away from the lunchroom. The lunch bell finally rang so they all left the room to their next class, gossiping about what happened.

 

Three things happened for the last three days.

 

For the next three days, Sehun aggressively bullied Baekhyun.

But it doesn't help that for the next three days, Chen kept acting stupid.