Just around the Corner

All I Had to Say

 

Dear Lee MinHo,

We haven't spoke before and I might be invisible to you - - -

 

 

 

 

Seulgi was writing her love letter via timecap.com in hopes that she can confess at a right time. Her bestfriend Joy came in since they're sharing the same room in college.

 

 

"Yah. Kang Seulgi~ Still making that letter huh? You already had HUNDREDS of drafts! ON AND OFF PAPERRR~" Joy teased as she jumped onto Seulgi's bed. She was on her stomach.

 

"I wanted to compose a perfect letter Sooyoung! But I just dunno how to say ittt!" Seulgi closed her laptop again.

 

"Seriously? Lee MinHo? Lol Isn't it Sungjae you're talking about?" Joy sat up after she saw a bit from the screen with a straight 'are-you-kidding-me?' face.

 

"Hahaha! I just saw him on TV earlier that's why" Seulgi laughed at herself..

 

 

*KNOCK* KNOCK*

 

 

"Yah. Lights off in one hour arasso?!" the person jokingly threatened the two like she owned the place, pointing fingers and what not - like she always does.

 

"Neh Sooyoung Unnie~~" Joy and Seulgi smiled at their senior as Sooyoung turned to drop the "bully" act.. She smiled back as well and exited their room..

 

"I always get confused when me and unnie are together since we have the same name haha" Joy stood up and went to the bathroom to prepare for bed.

 

"Don't be silly! Its cool to have a same name with your cousin~ Its like having a fraternal twin" Seulgi put away her laptop and lies on her bed.

 

"Are you sure about Sungjae? I mean, isn't it that the guy does the confession thing?" Joy comes back from the bathroom with her hair tied up.

 

"Girls can confess too you know~ And besides.. Its just a growing crush~ Don't be jealous~" Seulgi winked at her bestfriend.

 

"You always cheat on me" Joy crossed her arms playfully. Seulgi and Joy are really close bestfriends and look out for each other like a couple.

 

 

 

=THE NEXT MORNING=

 

 

"Have you seen MinHo? Its been all morning and I didn't see him get to class~" Seulgi nudged Joy's arm as they ate lunch..

 

"Him? I dunno~ Maybe they're excused or something~ - - - WHY ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME AGAAAIINNNNN???" Joy whined with too much aegyo.. Seulgi always finds it cute when her bestfriend is jealous.

 

"Aigoo~~" Seulgi cupped her bestfriend's face.. "How many times do I have to remind you that you will ALWAYS have me? Hm?" Seulgi's smile has never been this wide.. And Joy likes it.

 

Seulgi lets go and Joy pinched her bestfriend's nose. "You better be~"

 

"Hey guys~" Sooyoung has joined their table..

 

"Hi Sooyoung unnieee! Wow. All of those are all yours?" Seulgi made a circular motion with her fingers, talking about the food fest going on Sooyoung's tray.. 2 sandwiches, A big rice bowl, 3 varieties of cooking, 3 juice boxes, 2 cups of fruit salads and another rice in case she wanted more..

 

"What?" Sooyoung looked at Seulgi with confusion.

 

"Haha. You're worse than last summer unnie lol" Joy added as she finished her meal.. Seulgi laughed along.

 

"How's your majors unnie? It must be tough huh?" Seulgi asked as she watched the elder murder her tray.

 

"Meh.. Tiffany has my back~ The weirdness of having your bestfriend AND batchmate as your professor is no joke man~" Sooyoung ate her sandwich.

 

"Oh yeah~ Unnie~~ Have you seen him anywhere?" Joy looked at her bestfreind how she just ignored Sooyoung's words.

 

"I think I saw him playing basketball in the gym on the way here~" Soyoung pointed the gym direction with her fork.

 

"OMO~~ Catch you later guyssss~~ Sooyoung-ah~ Wait for me okay? Byyyyeeeee~~" Seulgi hurriedly grabbed her things and ran to the gym in a speed of light.

 

 

"There she goes again.. Hehe~" Joy picked up their mess in the table and put it all together in one tray.

 

"You guys look good together~" Sooyoung commented as she drank her juicebox.

 

"Eh?? Hehe You know that she's CLEARLY straight right?"

 

"That was also what I thought at first.. Trust me. Even rulers aren't straight as you think they are~" Sooyoung put the remaining sandwiches in her bag..

 

"How are you so sure huh??"

 

"I just know okay? Just listen to your senior~" Sooyoung ruffled her cousin's hair.

 

"Haha. Fine fine~ You still haven't recovered from your first love huh?" Joy teased.

 

"It's not that easy~~ But guess you can say that I've learned to accept it.. - I think.." Sooyoung played with her food.

 

"You missed a year and a half of school because of her right? Wow. That must be really hard~"

 

"Hey. Don't joke about that! I really really loved her!" Sooyoung slammed her hand on the table.

 

"Sorry unnie~" Sooyoung only pretended to be mad.. She loves trolling her cousin. She then flashed a smile and Joy knew she fell for it again.

 

"Anyways I have to go~ Anatomy is up and is about to go down. See you later~~" Sooyoung bid goodbye, leaving Joy to her thoughts.. She waved goodbye as well but she still felt bad for 'seemingly' hurting her cousin's feelings. Even though Sooyoung took it as a joke, she can't do that to other people and expect to have the same reaction from a close friend-slash-relative.

 

 

 

=THAT NIGHT=

 

 

 

"Hey what's wrong? You've been oddly quiet after lunch~ Don't be jealous please?" Seulgi comforted her bestfriend with a backhug.

 

"No no its not you~ Its Sooyoung unnie~ I just felt bad that I said something about her missing school just because of a girl~" Joy spoke in a sad tone.

 

"Aw~ I'm sure she understands~ Cheer up hm?" Seulgi faced her bestfriend and pinched her cheeks to a smile. Joy nodded.

 

"So how's the site? Lol Anything new about it?" Joy proceeded to do her homeworks.

 

"Well.. I've already seen the old ones from this morning~ None I guess~" Seulgi scrolled down looking at the numbers of posts on her timeline

 

 

 

Jagiya,

 

You looked beautiful as ever.. That shy smile.. That captivating stare you possess.. Your hair that just falls on your shoulders are just perfect.. All about you is just perfect and I can't get enough~

Its been months now.. And all I can think about is you. Even if you hurt me, I just find my way back to you and it kills me.

 

Today, you told me that you already moved on with a new lover..

 

Ashamed I am to confess to you that I was purely hurt. It was extremely terrible compared to how broke I was the day I lost your love.. I just kept this dying feeling inside.. Everytime I remember this, it feels like I die all over again.. I tried to get rid of this. I really did. I'm not saying all this to make you feel guilty.. I just felt the need to.. Maybe it will fix something.. In the both of us.. Right? 

 

I am writing this to you a year from now.. You read this or not, please know that my heart hasn't changed.. Foolish as it may seem but my heart still responds rapidly at the thought of you..You have always been special.. 


 

My J.. Saranghae~

 

 

-ANONYMOUS [ 07.08.14 - 07.08.15 ]

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you crying??? Yah~~ Why are you cryinggg???" Joy heard small sniffs.. Seulgi was touched with the letter she just saw.. Joy immediately rushed to her bestfriend and hugged her.

 

"Hey hey~ Its just this letter I read~ (sniff) This was so sad~~" Seulgi pointed at her laptop.

 

Joy just scanned the letter.. Looking for certain words to summarize the whole thing.

 

"So.. What does the numbers below mean?" Joy wondered and her brows met each other in the middle.

 

"Those are dates~ The first one is the day the person wrote it and the second was the date it was supposed to be sent~ I'm at the 'Capsule' section, where posts made that wasn't sent and people can view them instead - Like libraries with overdue books.. But it still remains anonymous.. Look at all the likes and comments~~" Seulgi moved closer as they read the top comments.

 

 

 

[ Oh my gosh.. Who is this romeo? That J girl is soooo lucky~ ㅋㅋㅋㅋ]

 

[ I wish my boyfriend would love me like this 힝~ ]

 

[ I'm a guy and I don't mind turning gay for him lol ]

 

왜?!?! This is so sad 아이구~~~ ㅠvㅠ ]

 

 

 

 

"Oh no. Seulgi please I know that look!" Joy pointed to Seulgi's face.. Her eager face with flush of pink on her soft cheeks is scaring Sooyoung all over again.

 

"I wanna find him Sooyoungie~~" Seulgi clasped her hands together..

 

"Aish~ How can you find a complete stranger??? COMPLETE. STRANGER?!" Joy's eyes are popping out.

 

"I can take care of that~~ Waaaa~ Maybe he's handsome~~" Seulgi looking somewhere out the open.. Imagining the mysterious person.

 

"You know what, let me know when you're done dreaming." Joy didn't even looked back at her bestfriend as she went for the closed door..

 

She left their room.. Her back leaning against the brown door when guilt settled in.

 

**Aish.. What the hell am I doing?** Joy ruffled her hair as she walked.

 

 

 

*KNOCK* KNOCK*

 

 

 

"Unnie? Its me~ Can I come in?"  Joy went to Sooyoung's dorm room.

 

"Sure~ Hold on~" A few moments later, Sooyoung opened the door.

 

 

 

"What's the matter?" Sooyoung asked as they sit on her bed.

 

"Just.. Me I guess.. Seulgi is attracted to another guy again.. Who can have so much guy crushes in one lifetime??" Joy ranted.

 

"Hm.. Who is this anyway? Sungjae's friend? Brother? Cousin?"

 

"I have no idea. She just found it on some stupid website." Joy with slight annoyance in her tone.

 

" - And you're mad because she has another crush?" Sooyoung giving her the look.. Slowly grinning to her cousin of what she had in mind right now.. But Joy is too immersed to look at the older Sooyoung, looking down with her fingers interlaced..

 

Joy nodded.

 

" - Are you sure you're just SUPER, DUPER, INTER-GALACTIC, TO INFINITY AND BEYOND, BASICALLY-MARRIED BESTFRIENDS?" Sooyoung said it all in one breath.

 

And Joy still nodded mindlessly.

 

" Do you still feel hurt?" Trolling Sooyoung just won't stop.

 

Joy nods again.. Without a living soul.

 

"Do you like Kang Seulgi?" Sooyoung's eyes were big and was just waiting for another nod.

 

"Yes."

 

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Sooyoung held her stomach and bursted out laughing..  It looked like she was having a seizure. She didn't even notice that Joy didn't respond with a nod.. - - - Was she actually listening intently the whole time?

 

Joy wasn't even moving... Sooyoung was done blasting her lungs out for the past minute and thought she was being serious the whole time.. She was out of breath - and dry.

 

"Hold up. (pants) You were ing serious?" Sooyoung held her chest and grabbed herself a glass of water.

 

"Maybe? Aish. I dunno unnie - - But its been weird for a long time.."

 

"If that's the case.. Believe it or not.. You like her~" Sooyoung said after a good bottoms up.

 

"Is this normal?" Joy covered her face with her hands.

 

"Its alright doongdoongie~ Odd as it may be.. Its pretty much normal.." Sooyoung went to her cousin and  gave her a warm hug.

 

 

 

=THE NEXT MORNING=

 

 

"Sooyoung-ah~ Forgive me please.." Seulgi pleaded the very second she saw her bestfriend enter their room. She spent the entire morning contacting the person and apparently, the younger wanted some quiet time. Joy slept at her cousin's room for the night.. She wasn't expecting Seulgi to be there at 10am. No choice but to face each other to get it over with.

 

"No~ I should be the one feeling sorry~ I shouldn't have acted that way towards you~" Joy hugged her tight.. Seulgi just buried herself in Joy's arms..

 

It felt so good, yet wrong.. Still thinking about her real preference.

 

"Why were you like that anyway? We always hang out~" Seulgi looked up.

 

"It's pretty hard to explain right now but don't worry about it.. I'm at fault here~" Joy lets go of Seulgi.. She kind of felt awkward.. They almost looked like a couple..

 

Almost..

 

"What are you doing here? You're late for Sungjae's Basketball practice~" Joy asked, it was already 10:30am on her watch.

 

"You're much more important and I want us to be okay - Which we are.. Right?" Seulgi had such sadness in her eyes.

 

"Of course~ Don't worry about it" Joy cupped her bestfriend's face and flashed an assuring smile.

 

"Prove it~" Seulgi just can't be convinced. It makes her sick knowing that her bestfriend is upset over her.

 

Joy moved closer and squeezed both cheeks like they're lemons.

 

"We're good. Okay?" the younger smiled and slowly lets go.. She was touched that Seulgi chose her over Jungkook. Least she knows that Seulgi still thinks of her as priority in all the cloud 9 of Kookie going on in her head.

 

 

*******

 

Seulgi continued her investigation for the unknown romeo in secret since she doesn't want to bother her bestfriend and argue again. **I just wanna know who he is and I'm done~ Joy doesn't have to know~** Seulgi thought.

 

She discovered that the owner hasn't logged in for a very long time.. No pictures, no other posts.. No trace of identity left.. The profile is private so all she can see is the description and display picture but it wasn't enough still. She looked online on how to hack an account, it was tricky but she got the codes right. Seulgi was surprised of what she dug up.

 

**You have got to be kidding me~ The I.P. address is .... Here?!?!?!!** Seulgi's eyes shot wide as she reads that the I.P. address is her wery own university. She covered trying to avoid getting Joy's attention in their bedroom**Oh my gosh, I can't stop now!! omo~~ Who the heck is he???**

 

"Sooyoung-ah~ Can you go with me to the library tomorrow? I just wanna do some research~" Seulgi had something else in mind.. "Sure~" Joy agreed.

 

 

 

 

=THE LIBRARY=

 

 

 

It was 4pm and Joy only took her books with her since Seulgi was the only one who will do her "research" there.. She suspects nothing solely because she knows that Seulgi is studious. She went to the computers section and tried to find out anything if the site was opened there before.. Seems hopeless but its worth a try.

 

"Kang Seulgi?" the person beside her spoke.

 

"Oh! Hi Ms. Tiffany! Hehe Good afternoon~" Seulgi cheerfully smiled at her English teacher. "What brings you here maam? I barely see the faculty using the student's computers~"

 

"My laptop is broken~ Hehe How about you?" Tiffany took a peek at Seulgi's screen, the student tried to hide the screen with the mysterious letter opened afraid to be judged that she wasn't there for research after all.

 

"Hehe I can't believe that site is still active~" Tiffany giggled softly

 

"Waaa~ You know this site miss? I love this site~~" Seulgi smiled as well..

 

"Yes~ I messed around with it with my bestfriend before~~ Good times~" Tiffany sighed.

 

"Jinjja???" Seulgi was so interested - all her questions might be answered soon.

 

"Hehe we had fun with it but it wasn't long until Sooyoung got her heart broken~" Tiffany panned her eyes back to her computer.. Seulgi had an awkward thought in mind.

 

"S-Sooyoung - unnie?" Seulgi doesn't quite get the point.. She's also shy to ask since they were both in uniforms still.. A student must respect their teachers while in school uniforms as she was told.

 

"Yeah.. Since you and her cousin are bestfriends, you guys can . Hahahaha" Tiffany laughed a little.

 

 

 

Seulgi still doesn't believe her ears.. The little voice inside her head saying that Sooyoung MIGHT be the person she was looking for all this time. **Nah. Can't be that TOO cliche'.. I have to keep searching** The girl ignored the thought away. A joke from a thing called life is not entertaining right now. - Or did she just read too much lovestories online? 

 

 

 

"Anyways I have to go now~ We have a faculty meeting~ See you in class Ms. Kang~" Tiffany waved goodbye to her star student and left. Not after long, Seulgi stood up as well after logging off from the site. 

 

The two went back to the dorms. "Do you still need help with your research?" Joy asked.

 

"Its alright doong-doongie~ I've already finished~" Seulgi smiled.

 

"Hm.. College Night is in a week~ Did anyone asked you out yet?" Joy sat on her bed facing her bestfriend.

 

"Know what?" Seulgi tilted her head "You also asked the exact same thing a week before our freshman College night~" Seulgi giggled as the other just scratched her neck in embarrassment "But meh I'm not expecting anyone~ You can be my date again like last year!" Seulgi went to her bestfriend and clinged to Joy's right arm tight. This made the younger smile and remember the first College Night they had.

 

"But what if Sungjae hit his head and suddenly asks you to be his date hm?" Joy pouted, pretending to be sad.. "Hmmmmmm~~~" Seulgi hummed as she gently laid her head on the younger's lap.

 

"Nah.. He probably won't do that~ And besides, I don't want to disappoint my girlfriend~"

 

"W-What?" Joy stuttered.

 

"I said I didn't want to disappoint my bestest friiiiieeeennnddd!" Seulgi hugged Joy's waist..

 

**Yeah.. Thanks for clearing that out brain.** Joy thought as she Seulgi's hair. "I want you to be happy~" Joy said, looking down at Seulgi.

 

"But I am happy~~" Seulgi smiled beautifully. It was like a dream.. Everything was glimmering, and Seulgi was just there lying on her lap being beautiful as ever.. Joy can stare at her all night. - But she knows her stand.. - JUST the bestfriend. That's close enough right?

 

"Tell you what, go get my book over the table and get the paper on the first page~" Joy pointed at her book that she brought to the library earlier. Seulgi obeyed and opened the book..

 

"NO. WAY. - - - NOOOO FREAKING WAAAYYY AAAHHHHHH!!!!" Seulgi squealed the second she saw the blue paper..

 

"Go on~ Read it~" Joy said..

 

 

Kang Seulgi~

I noticed that you were always in my basketball games and practices longer than I can remember and I was thinking that maybe if you can be my date to the College Night? See you when I see you beautiful! :)

-Sungjae

 

 

"GAAAAHHHHH OH MY GOOOD SOOYOUNG-AH! IS THIS REAL?!?! OH MY GOSH!" Seulgi still couldn't believe that Sungjae wrote to her.

 

"You're holding the solid evidence right? Hehe. One of his teamates gave it to me earlier when we were in the library~"

 

"Aw~~~ Oh my.. I can't believe he knows I exist. HE ACTUALLY KNOWS I EXIST!!! OMO. Sooyoung-ah~~~ Should I go with him???" Seulgi turned, looking straight to Joy's eyes.. She wants to say no.. But if Seulgi is this giddy about it.. She has to let go.. Its all for her...

 

**All.. For you..** Joy nodded as she tries so hard to hide her feelings.. Seulgi hugged her bestfriend warm and tight "Thank you so much Sooyoung-ah~~~~ I am sooo happy! - - -

 

I love you~"

 

 

The tight embrace was so warm it reached and melted Joy's heart.. Her 'I love you' was such great symphony and she wants to hear it again.. She can feel the beastly butterflies rampaging perfectly to the fast heartbeat.. With all this happening, she said nothing.. But reciprocated the tight hug..

 

 

The next day, Seulgi watched Sungjae again for basketball practice like she always does.. Joy was in her dorm sore after PE class.. She laid flat on her bed thinking about her bestfriend.

 

 

*BEEP!*

 

 

FROM: Seulgi

MESSAGE: Doong-doongieee~ I might be out a little late but I'll eat dinner with you~ Don't miss me too much! xo

 

 

 

Joy sighed as she let her phone drop on the bed.. She was too tired to feel.. Or think.

 

 

 

=MEANWHILE=

 

 

 

"Thanks for taking me out with your friends again~ It was very kind of you~"

 

"You're welcome~ Anything for my number one supporter hehe"

 

 

It was past 7pm and the two are taking a walk back to the university since they both have dorms inside the premises. Seulgi's shyness has decreased after a good hangout with Sungjae the whole afternoon. Its going to be a lengthy walk but neither complained since they can get to know each other more. One on one.

 

 

"I'm not the only girl you know~ There are others who shout louder than me~"

 

"But your presence screams the loudest to me~" Sungjae smiled at the slightly blushing girl beside him.

 

"Thank you~~ But you might be disappointed because I kinda missed your last game practice~" Seulgi was avoiding Sungjae's eyes. His statement was to die for.

 

"Why is that?" Sungjae asked as he kicked the pebbles he would come across.

 

"I had to patch things up with my bestfriend.. Hehe but we're good now~" Seulgi eyesmiled.

 

"I see~ Uhm. What's her name again?" Sungjae turned to look at the girl.

 

"Park Sooyoung. But everybody calls her Joy~ Such a sweetheart~ Hehe. We've known each other for 3 years now~"

 

"Heol. Sounds great~ Are you guys in the same major then?" Sungjae was interested.

 

"Hm no but we live in the same dorm~" Sungjae nodded and they fell silent for awhile..

 

 

**Hmm. He seemed much quieter than earlier at the milkshake bar~**

 

 

"Excited for tomorrow night?" Seulgi decided to start off.

 

"Oh yeah~ College Night is the best~~" Sungjae pumped his fist.

 

"Its actually my first time I got asked out~~" Seulgi blushed.

 

"Really? How about Sooyoung?" Sungjae smiled.

 

"Why don't you ask her instead?" Seulgi got pissed.. It seemed like Sungjae was only interested in her bestfriend. She walked faster, ignoring the boy chasing her.

 

"Seulgi waaait!" Sungjae caught up with her and held her arm.

 

"Let me go. You can tell me straight away if you really didn't like to go with me! Not this indirect bull. You're freaking rude!" Seulgi pulled her hand away.. Almost to tears but she tried to control herself.

 

"Please.. Hear me out." Sungjae held both of Seulgi's hands and kissed them.

 

"Kang Seulgi~ I would like to take you to College Night with me~" Sungjae's hand held Seulgi's cheek and wiped off an espcaped tear. "I'm sorry that you got the wrong impression but I would really like you to go with me~"

 

"Are you sure?" Seulgi asked in a serious tone. "Yes.. You would look stunning in a red dress~" Sungjae brushed the girl's hair in the back of her ear with his thumb and smiled.

 

Seulgi didn't say anything but she rushed in and hugged the boy infront of her.. "I... Like you.." The girl was hiding her face but when Sungjae her hair.. It was enough to know that she didn't embarrass herself.. The boy kissed her hand.. "Lets get you home okay?" Seulgi nodded and continued their walk back to the university - hand in hand.

 

 

 

 

********

 

 

 

 

"Daebak cousin coming in!" Sooyoung opened the door like its her own room.

 

 

"Hey unneh." Joy still slumped on her bed.

 

"What's up? You okay?"

 

"Yeah. Its Taekwondo class. Broke my everything. lol"

 

"Haha. okay then~~ Hm I gotta use Seulgi's laptop, mine is back at home when I went home for the weekend~"

 

"Yeah sure~ You know her password right?"

 

Sooyoung went over to Seulgi's bed and opened her laptop.. "Where is she?"

 

"She's with Sungjae I think~" Joy sat up..

 

"Oh yeah?" Sooyoung clicked the icon to Seulgi's desktop user.

 

"Yeah. He asked Seulgi to College Night.."

 

"Oohhh. Ouch. You're okay with that?" Sooyoung faced her cousin since it was still loading..

 

"Yeah.. Well. If she's happy then I'm happy.. She's straight unnie~ I can't compete with a guy.." Joy slumped her shoulders..

 

"I told you~ Rulers aren't as straight as you think! Tell her what you feel~~" Sooyoung has her attention back to the laptop again and inserted her USB containing her work..

 

The screen clears up and she sees where Seulgi has left off. Timecap.com with the letter still opened.. Sooyoung reads it silently.. "Timecap.com? Hehe. This is still active till now?" Sooyoung asked casually..

 

"Oh yeah. Seul is frantic about some romeo with the letter she read~ She said she wants to find the guy but I think its freaking impossible~" Joy explained.

 

"Yeah. Impossible."

 

 

 

 

=FLASHBACK ; 5 YEARS AGO=

 

 

 

PROFILE ] : Likes to play Volleyball and has an undying iterest in poetry. Interested in girls~

                        Looking forward to new friends~ :D

 

*Saved!*

 

 

 

"Fany-ah~ Are you sure about this? I sound boring!"

 

"You'll be fineeee! Simplicity is y! Girls will be swarming over you when they see your picture! HAHA"

 

 

 

Tiffany and Sooyoung back in junior college.. Her friend made Sooyoung her very first SNS account just for fun..

 

 

 

"You're way too immersed in books Youngie-ah! Trust me you need this~~" Tiffany picked out her fave picture of Sooyoung.. She was wearing a white polo and a black tie and her short messy hair and a deadly stare that can kill..

 

"NOT THAT ONE PLEASE OH MY GOD! AISH ITS EMBARRASSIIIINNNGGGGG!!!" Sooyoung tried to snatch her laptop back but its too late, Tiffany managed her finger to press 'enter'.

 

"Tonight~ We open your account again~ I bet it will be filled with friend requests!" Tiffany happily smiled and clapped..

 

"Pft~ What would I do without you~" Sooyoung tickled her friend for making the biggest embarrassment of her life..

 

 

 

*That night..*

 

 

 

Sooyoung was nervously pacing back and forth in the dorm room as Tiffany excitedly opened the account for the big reveal.

She doesn't know why her anxiety levels are off the charts right now but she was just thinking how awkward it will be to talk to some random strangers on some website she's not even familiar with..

 

 

 

5 New Friend Requests! ]

 

 

 

 

"Not bad~ You're on fire Sooyoung~" Tiffany was happy anyways. Its a good start for her awkward friend.

 

"5?! THAT'S IT TIFF! I TOLD YOU WE SHOULDN'T HAVE OPENED AN ACCOUNT! JUST DELETE THE WHOLE - - - "

 

"YAH! JUST SHUT UP FOR A MINUTE! THIS ONE LOOKS PROMISINGGG!"

 

 

Tiffany was looking at the 5 different profiles but one definitely stood out..

 

 

"Check her out~ You can thank me later~"

 

 

Tiffany stood proud from her bed as she presented Sooyoung a pretty girl.. Foreign.. But she was very beautiful.. Sooyoung stood there with her laptop heating up her arms as she was staring at the gorgeous picture for what seemed like forever..

 

 

"I'm going out for a date! Enjoy~" Sooyoung didn't notice that Tiffany had left..

 

 

"Wow."

 

 

*************

 

 

"SOOYOUNG-AH! THIS CRUMBY THESIS WON'T ANSWER BY ITSELF!"

 

 

Sooyoung has been busy with the site she has been introduced for a couple of months now. You can say, Distracted. But she could still anwser to schoolworks with her ever brilliant partner in-crime in the name of Stephanie Hwang..

 

 

[ Choi: I can't believe that we've been talking this long :) ]

 

 

"CHOI SOOYOUNG! JESSICAAAA CAN WAAAIIIIIITTTTTTTT! MY MIND IS DYING HERE!"

 

"CALM YOURSELF! LET ME JUST SAY GOODBYE AI'GHT?!" Sooyoung shouted back..

 

 

[ Jessi: Me too.. I wish we could see each other personally and hang out~ ]

 

[ Choi: That would be fantastic~ ]

 

[ Jessi: Can I ask you something? ]

 

[ Choi: What is it? :) ]

 

[ Jessi: What's it like to date a girl? ]

 

 

Sooyoung choked.. It was kind of awkward but since Tiffany put in that she was interested in girls, Sooyoung couldn't blame Jessica..

 

 

[ Choi: They say that is better *SENT!*

 

 

Sooyoung accidentally pressed sent when she changed her mind. Its too late..  The message was already checked. Meaning, Jesssica has read it

 

 

**AAH . WHAT THE FINGERS???????!?! THANKS A WHOLE ING LOT OH MY GOD KILL ME NOOOOWWW** Sooyoung mentally killed herself..

 

- - - Threw off a cliff to the deep sea.. That's how much she's humiliated right now.

 

 

 

[ Choi: Oh.. Hehehe uhm.. Well. If you date a g-girl.. For me its pretty much comfortable.. You know exactly what she wants.. And how she feels.. That guys taken as complicated.. I'm so sorry about that first message aish. Stupid send button =___= ]

 

[ Jessi: Hehehe you're so funny~ Sooo you had before? ;) ]

 

 

 

**NOOOOOO HAHAHA. That's it. Jessica killed me x.x**

 

 

 

Sooyoung was smiling.. Both have been open to each other now after a few awkward chats.. Learned alot about each other.. How Jessica is scared of lightning, Sooyoung doesn't really play that well, That Jessica dated the worst boys ever, Sooyoung is getting more fluent and learned more about San Francisco..

 

Sending each other countless selcas.. Or just about anything like they're spending a day right beside each other..

 

Growing more.. And more.. Closer..

 

 

 

=ON SOME RANDOM DAY=

 

 

"Tiffany! I have decided!" Sooyoung suddenly spoke, they were at  the movies..

 

"Please Sooyoung not now~" Tiffany shushed her bestfriend down since people got distracted and started looking at them..

 

"No. I just had to tell her." Sooyoung immediately paved her way out of the cinemas and went home..

 

 

Sooyoung excitedly opened her laptop and fixed herself..

 

 

"I can't get you off my mind Jessica.. I like you so much, would you like to be my girlfriend?~ - - - - UGH. Too creepy!" Sooyoung talked to herself as she tries to find the right words..

 

 

Jessica is online and she asks for her Skype account.. Sooyoung starts to get more nervous..

 

 

"I won't disappoint you.. Make you feel special like how you are supposed to be treated.. Be my girl? - - Aishh nooooo!"

 

 

Jessica has accepted Sooyoung's request on Skype.. All that's left now is to make a video call..

 

 

**Holy crap. Okay Sooyoung. You can do this.. YOU CAN ING DO THIS.**

 

 

*POP!* 

 

[ Wanna do something different Sooyoung? :) ]

 

**OH MY GOD JESSICA MESSAGED FIRST!**

 

[ What is it? ^.^ ]

 

[ Since its both our first time on Skype, when I accept your call, you have to cover your eyes and I'll close mine.. After 3 seconds,  we open our eyes.. You up for it? ;) ]

 

*AH JESSICA STOP WINKING*

 

[ Lets do it~ :D ]

 

**DID I SOUND TOO EXCITED?!?! OH MY GOD THIS IS TOO MUCH. OKAY. OKAY BREATHE.**

 

 

Sooyoung clicked the Video Call button and closed her eyes and covered them with her hands.. She heard nothing when the funny tune stopped.. Which meant  that Jessica answered the call..

 

 

 

**ONE SOOYOUNG DYING, TWO SOOYOUNGS DEFINITELY DYING, - - - THREE!!!**

 

 

 

Sooyoung's eyes were still a blurr but she can see someone on her screen.. After a few blinks, the picture slowly becomes clear to her..  She sees a white girl with blonde silky hair that falls perfectly on her shoulders.. Her eyes and small but perfect red lips slowly forming to a side smile.. She was wearing a white tank top.. No make up on.. Just her natural beauty shining through even more than Sooyoung has been seeing through the selcas Jessica sent her..

 

Sooyoung just stared at her.. In great awe..

 

 

 

"Hi Sooyoung~" Jessica spoke first.. She fixed her hair to the side and waved hello..

 

"You look beautiful.." Sooyoung mumbled but enough for Jessica to hear..

 

"S-So are you~" Jessica blushed a bit upon Sooyoung's reaction..

 

"So.. Hehe.. Uhm.. I dunno how to start.. To talk to you~" Sooyoung scratched her neck and Jessica just giggled softly.. You know, the usual thing where both of you didn't know how to speak at first? Yes. That.

 

But it still feels right..

 

"Loosen up~ Hehe. You were more talkative in chatting~ Hehehe~"

 

"Uhmm.. Jessica?"

 

"Hmm?" Jessica hummed..

 

"I wanna say something to you and I'm too scared to hear your answer but.. Here goes~" Jessica just nodded with her beautiful smile still visible..

 

"Before I met you.. I was.. A nobody.. A life of books and nothing but books was my entire world.. But I didn't know that there was more than just that.. How one person can make you feel more alive and how odd heartbeats can increase rapidly in a millisecond.. I am not a know-it-all when it comes to relationships, but the fact that its you, my heart will find a way to be one.. W-Would you like to be my g-girlfriend?"

 

Sooyoung was holding a chocolate bar with red ribbon around it she bought earlier and her eyes closed really hard.. She can feel rejection about to come down

 

*POP!*

 

**Huh??**

 

 

 

"Jagiya~"

 

 

 

**WHAT DID SHE JUST SAY?!?!?!**

 

Sooyoung immediately opened her eyes..

 

 

 

[ Yes! <3 <3 <3 ]

 

 

 


 

 

"Hm.. I gotta go." Sooyoung immediately went for the door.. Joy left confused in her seat.

 

"Unnie! You forgot your US- .. Aish. Its no use. She won't hear me." Joy gave up since Sooyoung just stormed out of the room for some reason.

 

 

**What's gotten into her? She left her USB behind~** Joy stood up and went to Seulgi's laptop.. **That's odd.. Why would she walkout? Are you the Romeo unnie??** Joy raised her brow.. She sees that Sooyoung already opened the contents of her USB.. **A little snooping won't hurt.. She doesn't know anyways..** Joy looked around for clues.. Files, Videos, other documents.. Seems clean.. **Hmm.. Maybe its hidden~ We'll see about that..** Joy clicked the search box and put in the Asterisk (Shift+8).. She pressed enter and waited for the results.. There's one file folder.. And it was a gold mine.

 

 

**Unnie..** Joy found selcas of Sooyoung and some blonde girl.. The biggest evidence she found were poem drafts.. And the letter itself.. Half finished.

 

 

Not after long, Seulgi was back in their room. Joy has already bought their dinner.. She doesn't know how to break the big news to her bestfriend but yeah it will answer the whole thing so that Seulgi would just stop.. - The fact that its Sooyoung, she couldn't make out of what her reaction would be.. Will Seulgi get weirded out? Will she turn out a Homophobe and ignore her cousin? Who knows?

 

If that happens.. Will she accept how her bestfriend feels about her?

 

 

 

"Had fun?" Joy was preparing their dinner..

 

"Beyond the definition of fun~" Seulgi changed her clothes.. The whole scene replaying in her head.

 

"Oh you had fun alright~" Joy still keeping herself together..

 

Seulgi backhugged her bestfriend "Yaah~~ I'm having dinner with you~~ You still have the upper-hand~~~ Always~~~" Seulgi kissed Joy's cheek.

 

 

 

**Ahh .** The feeling was too electrifying.. It makes it even harder to supress and cover up her true feelings. She tried to remain composed and smiled.

 

 

 

Both girls ate in silence enjoying their ricebowls..

 

*RING*RING*

 

"Oh.. Hey~~ - - Yeah. I'm good~ - - Thanks again, I had fun.. Hehe. Bye~~" Seulgi put down her phone again..

 

"Who was that?" Joy asked.

 

"Sungjae~" Seulgi blushed " "He just asked if I had dinner already~" If it was a world of cartoons, Seulgi's eyes would turn to a red, pumping heart-shape by now.

 

"Hm~" Joy just hummed and continued eating. "Hmm. I have something to tell you~"

 

"Me too~~" Seulgi looked again and smiled.

 

"I  - Hm. How about you go first?" Joy sat her back comfortably on her chair. She thought it was best for Seulgi to go first since she's nervous of  the reaction later.

 

"Alright~" Seulgi adjusted herself in her seat.. "Well.. Hehe. Sungjae asked to court me and I will answer him tomorrow night!!!" Seulgi was blushing like fire.. Joy on the other hand felt helpless.. Her back heavily rested on her chair..

 

"Yah~~ Aren't you happy for me?? Say something~~" Seulgi pouted.

 

**I.. Can't feel anything.. W-What did she just s-say?** Joy blinked a few times before she responded..  "O-Of course I'm happy~ Hehe." she tried to fake a smile but Seulgi seems to think otherwise.

 

"You know you can't fool me Sooyoung~ There's something wrong and you know it~" Seulgi crossed her arms, she's basically giving Joy another chance to explain herself.. She hates it when Joy hides something.. Who doesn't like being lied to? At this rate, Sooyoung is scared to tell the truth.

 

**Now's not the time to sleep brain~~ Think!** Joy tried not to show any sign of any sign of lying and kept still. " Well.. Jocks are most likely to catch attention among girls.. I-I was just worried he m-might cheat on you.. Or something.." Joy nails it. Solid alibi.

 

"Aww.. Doong-doongie~~ Come here~" And with that, Seulgi turned soft as a marshmallow, she went over to Joy and hugged her.. 

 

"Am I overthinking?" Joy asked. "No~ Don't worry about it.. I promise, if you sense wrong about him, I'll follow your advice.. Okay?" Seulgi held out her pinky.. "Of course~" Joy interlaced her pinky as well to seal the promise..

 

"So, what did you want to say?" Seulgi returned to her seat and took a sip of water.

 

"Well, I found out who Romeo is~" Joy was feeling nervous.

 

"You did??? Who is heee??" Seulgi put her bowl aside and landed her elbows on the table in excitement.

 

"Its not technically a he~" Joy quoted 'he' in her sentence  by curling her fingers.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Its Sooyoung unnie.." Joy showed the file and told her how Sooyoung walked out of the room earlier.. "Wow.. It was Sooyoung unnie all along~.. So she's a Biual?" Seulgi asked..

 

"Hm.. Maybe~" Joy shrugged.. "What are we going to do now? I feel bad for unnie~ I think we triggered her when she saw this letter again.."

 

"Let's ask Tiffany unnie~~"

 

 

Its been two days and Sooyoung was nowhere to be found.. She wasn't answering to any calls or coming out of her door. Seulgi still continues to spend time with Sungjae and his friends but she still has enough time for her bestfriend.. Joy meanwhile was crushed everytime she hears Sungjae's name.. But she's afraid to confess.. She's afraid to know how she feels about the third .. Such a great torment everytime Seulgi gives her backhugs because she feels that she doesn't deserve them.. Even body language is too vague to come up with solid conclusions..

 

 

= DAY OF COLLEGE NIGHT =

 

 

"Is that the dress you're going to wear tonight?" Joy asks as Seulgi hangs up a red coctail dress on their closet door.

 

"Yeah.. My sister lent it to me~ Sungjae said that I should wear red so we will match~~" Seulgi smiled as she combed her hair.

 

"Oh yeah.. Hehe." Joy fixed her bed..

 

"You'll be there.. Right?" Seulgi looked at Joy through the mirror.

 

"Of course~"

 

"Great~I'm just going to Ms. Tiffany's room~ I forgot to ask her something~~ See you later doong-doongiiiieee~" Seulgi picked up her phone and never forgot to kiss Joy on the cheek before she left the room. Joy slumped on her bed.. **Aish. I can't take this anymore..** Her eyes wandered to Seulgi's table and she sees a ruler and pencil.. **Rulers are supposed to be straight..**

 

Joy went over and pulled a seat.. She carefully draws a line until it reached the middle of the ruler and lifts it up.. **One straight line..** She thought.. She tries the same thing on the other side of the ruler and still had the same outcome.. Until she thought of another way..

 

**Hmm. What if I do this?**

 

Joy traced another straight line until the middle. She holds the tip of the ruler and turns it over upwards and continues to trace the line she drew.

 

Removing the ruler, It was kind of crooked.. **Sooyoung-unnie.. - was right~** Joy was surprised.. But then again she controlled herself from getting her hopes up.. 

 

 

= COLLEGE NIGHT ; 6:00pm =

 

 

From: Sungjae <3

Message: I'm going to be a little late~ I'm sorry I can't pick you up tonight but I will find you in the party hm? ;)

 

 

Seulgi pouted a little but she's fine with it anyways.

 

 

To: Sungjae <3

Message: Okay~ See you then :)

 

From: Sungjae <3

Message: Then.. Maybe I would get to hear your answer? :3

 

 

Seulgi was smiling to herself as she put down her phone down..

 

 

"He's not coming to fetch you here? Some guy huh." Joy was annoyed after Seulgi told her that Sungjae will be late..

 

"Relax~ He's just late~ Maybe he got busy~~" Seulgi was putting on her makeup. She didn't want to ask because Sungjae might get too comfortable with her and lose focus on trying to win a YES from her. She was playing hard to get.

 

**Great. Aish. I have a bad feeling about this.** Joy just ignored her thoughts and went to prepare for the event.

 

 

= TIFFANY =

 

*RING* *RING*

 

"FINALLY! I've been calling nonstop! Your cousin and Seulgi too~ What happened???" Tiffany was so relieved to hear from her student/bestfriend again after 2 days she's been absent.

 

"I'm just.. Not in the mood okay? I don't want talk about it. Plus, you just called today. What? You don't miss me???" Sooyoung was observing the calls and texts she gets. Since its Tiffany, she thought she would want to hear what the girl wants to say.

 

"Oh. HEHEHE. Well. You know what today is righhht??? C'mon lets go partyyyy I MISS YOUUUUU" Tiffany scratched her neck realizing that she was actually too busy to call her since she helped prepare for the College Night as well.

 

"What's the point? College parties are lame. There's never been any difference~ Eat, Dance, Make stupid things around the place, Get wasted.. - Need I say more?" Sooyoung being held back, she has been to college parties the university had and seen things. Freshmen junkies get worser by the year so she decided not to go on this one.

 

"That's why I helped this yeaaar! C'mon I did some tweaking on the preparations! You'll love it!!!! Get down okay?? I'll be waiting at the party. Oh. And dress nicely please HAHAHA I'm serious!!! TEXT MEEEE~" Tiffany dropped the call.

 

"Wow. She's on Redbull again. (sighs) Fine. I might use a couple of drinks." Sooyoung decided to go since she never had proper food in awhile. She just wore a black, v-neck and pants, never cared to fix her hair and went to the gym herself.

 

 

 

= 8:00 PM =

 

 

"Alright LET THE PARTY BEGIIIIN!!!" the dj boomed up the music and the people were dancing on the dance floor.

 

**I wonder if Sooyoung unnie is here..** Seulgi and Joy were seated the the round tables, they have been looking for Sungjae and they just can't find him for the last 15 minutes that they arrived.

 

"Look~" Seulgi saw someone familiar over the buffet table. She was extremely positive. She pulled her bestfriend and found their way to approach the person.

 

"SOOYOUNG UNNNIIIIEEEEE!!!!!" Joy hugged her cousin tight, so tight that the older almost spilled her food.

 

"Yah yah. I'm trying to concentrate here~" Sooyoung was just too hungry to deal with the two.

 

"Where were you unnieee??" Seulgi asked. Careful not to bring up the incident. She was still surprised that Sooyoung was the Romeo all this time.

 

"Stuff occured. Sorry. But I think I'm okay now." Sooyoung didn't even look at them.

 

"WOW! YOU MADE ITTTT!!!" Tiffany screamed. Greeting the three.

 

"We can hear you fine Tiff~" Sooyoung said.

 

"Oh. My bad~" Tiffany eyesmiled.

 

"That's Redbull for you kids. If you had too much, it gets you too turnt up." the two girls beside Sooyoung laughed.

 

"Shut up. Yah. I told you to get dressed!!! Pft. Do you like the party so far??" Tiffany slapped Sooyoung's arm playfully.

 

"Hm." Sooyoung looked around "Pink and Black motif. That's it??" Sooyoung raised her shoulders, the two laughed again on Sooyoung's comments.

 

"I hate you." Tiffany rolled her eyes.

 

"Oh Tiff. You never change. Hehe." Sooyoung drank her iced tea.

 

"To make up for it. Dance with me. NOW!!!" Tiffany pulled the tall girl "See you later guuuyyysss! WHOOOOOO!!!!" Seulgi and Joy waved at the two with smiles on their faces, but one dropped immediately the second Tiffany and Sooyoung were out of sight.

 

 

To: Sungjae

Message: Where are you? Its been 30 minutes.

 

 

Joy just rubbed her bestfriend's back.. Just then, a group of 6 boys were checking them out from the other table not too far away. Joy told Seulgi to wear her shawl since the boys are looking. One of them walked over..

 

"Are you Kang Seulgi?" the guy asked. He was looking rather too cocky.

 

"Y-Yes.. Why?" 

 

"Wow. I guess the rookie did it!" he waved to his friends.

 

"Uh. What?" Seulgi raised her brow.

 

 

The other guys joined in. Judging from the matching varsity jackets, they're the school jocks.

 

 

"He was right~ Not bad~" the tallest guy stepped up and Seulgi's hair.

 

Joy pulled Seulgi back gently and stretched her arm. "Back off pal."

 

"I wouldn't do that to Namjoon if I were you." Taehyung said with a lollipop in his mouth.

 

"Just tell me what the heck is going on!" Seulgi interrupted.

 

"Calm down boys. I got this." Namjoon raised his hand. "You should go ask Sungjae. He's at the balcony."

 

 

 

Seulgi took a step forward but Joy held her wrists to stop her.

 

"I don't think you should see him.. I don't like where this is going. Please.." Joy pleaded.

 

"I.. Just. Want to know why.. - I'll be fine.. I'm sorry I broke my promise.." Seulgi pulls a smile as she gently pulls her hand.

 

She goes to the balcony and sees a guy with his arms resting on the rails. She comes close and taps him on the back. Seulgi wasn't dumb. But she's still giving Sungjae the chance to come clean tonight.

 

"Turn around." Seulgi firmly said. She commanded Sungjae to face away from her..

 

"B-But.. - " *SLAP* 

 

"Don't make me hurt you again. And turn around." Sungjae turns around this time.. With him facing the other way dealing with a red cheek, this gives Seulgi enough strength of what's left to hear Sungjae out. "Now. Talk."

 

"I-Its... Initiation.. S-Seulgi.. I-I am so - - S-Sorryyy" Sungjae choked on his guilt bigtime.

 

"So. You faked everything?"

 

"You w-were a good friend.."

 

"Pft. Jerk." Seulgi never want to hear from him anymore, she turned around and was about to walk away but Sungjae made another last minute confession. He turned around.

 

"You're a beautiful girl Seulgi.. B-But.. I already l-like someone else.."

 

Seulgi stopped. "I don't want to hear about it. Goodnight." the girl was trying to be calm..

 

"I need your help.. Its Joy!"

 

"EXCUSE ME?!" Joy heard it. She was just by the entrance. Seulgi immediately turns around.

 

"Are you ing serious right now?!" Seulgi shouted. She never cussed before.. - until now.

 

"S-Sorry! I'm really s-sorry!" Sungjae bowed as apology. He knows it not enough but its all he can do.. Not when the captain is looking at everything. Joy sees the guys laughing at him. She then understands that maybe its also a part of the immature initiation.

 

"Just stay away from me you bastard. (points her finger at Sungjae) I don't want to see your disgusting face again. I thought you were ing different and boy did I make such a stupid mistake!" Seulgi couldn't hold it. She ran off, throwing her heels in the process.

 

Joy couldn't bare the look on Seulgi's face as she ran passed the girl. She approached the team captain.. "Your medals, cannot cover the inner darkness in you. GO TO HELL!!" Namjoon and his friends didn't care for the girl's metaphor anyways and went to Sungjae.

 

"You passed rookie! Go knock yourself out." Jimin said as he threw the varsity jacket at Sungjae who was on his knees now..

 

 

 

= MEANWHILE AT THE DANCEFLOOR =

 

 

Tiffany pulled like a mad woman and into the sea of students.. But there were too many of them that caused Tiffany to lose her grip on Sooyoung's wrist.. The tall girl is now lost in the middle of the dancefloor. She tried to find her way out but the students were too hyped and she can't pave her way out.. A few moments of despair, a slow song comes on.. When Sooyoung thought she was saved since the floor was a bit airy when the students took their seat..

 

Someone so familiar was revealed from the other side of the floor.. Sooyoung stood there like a statue.. Her heart stopped beating and her lungs forgot how to breathe as Jessica walks towards her. They have never met in person. Subconsciously, Sooyoung combed her hair with her hand, still her eyes locked on the blonde girl now only a few inches away. 

 

The mastermind was smiling at the side of the dancefloor, signaling Sooyoung to at least say something to the special guest. The song started as the lovers waltz away.. **Pft. I will kill you later Stepho**

 

"H-Hey~" Jessica shyly said..

 

"H-Hi.. Its been. Long huh?" Sooyoung with a little bitterness in her tone, trying to stay composed.. She was still kind of hurt after all that's happened in the past..

 

"Wanna dance?"

 

 


 

Jessica and Sooyoung was happily dating each other for 8 months now.

 

"Hey." Tiffany taps Sooyoung's shoulder.

 

"Yo Tiff~" Sooyoung turned around.

 

"I miss you pabo. We never get to hang out~~" Tiffany pouted.

 

"We sleep in the same room Fany-ah~" Sooyoung spread her arms, making an obvious statement.

 

"It was a metaphor Sooyoung geez" Tiffany sat on her bed and crossed her arms.

 

"You're so cute when you're all jealous~" Sooyoung grinned to her bestfriend.

 

"I hate you." Tiffany rolled her eyes.

 

"I love you more~~" Sooyoung made a heart shape with her arms above her head smiling.

 

 

 

Jessica and Sooyoung were talking much frequently and both try their best to express their love throught the screen. It was nearing their special day. That day where they celebrate togetherness each month. Sooyoung had a weird feeling in the gut when she didn't receive any text from Jessica that morning. When she opened timecap.com to check out her profile, Jessica's account was deactivated. But she did left something for the girl with her last message.

 

 

[Jess: We should break up. I'm sorry.]

 

 

**Did I miss something???**

 

Sooyoung was staring at the screen, trying to refresh the page but it still shows the same line. Tiffany didn't know how to comfort her bestfriend. 

 

"What did I do wrong?! No. NO. NOOO! YOU CAN'T! NOOOO! SOOYEON!!!" Sooyoung screamed at her laptop crying. She was so desperate that she almost smashed her mouse to bits from repeatedly refreshing the page violently.

 

"SOOYOUNG STOP! YOUR HAND IS ALREADY BLEEDING!!"

 

The fog cleared up and Sooyoung saw her bloody right hand. Tiffany immediately took her handtowel and wrapped it around Sooyoung's bad hand. She hugged her as warm as she can. "I- - I can't feel anything.. T-This is so unfair!!!" Sooyoung broke down in Tiffany's arms. Jessica left with no apparent reason.

 

It went downhill from there. Sooyoung's grades dropped. Never attended school that caused her older sister to be called over by the dean. Sooyoung never said anything why she dropped her grades, afraid of being judged and too depressed for opinions She even begged Tiffany not to tell - but she had no choice when Soojin confronted her. Sooyoung was all alone in her world. Lost. 

 

 

"First love isn't what the books said they are. It is cruel and ing painful. "Sooyoung muttered to herself as she ripped her test papers apart.

 

After a few more months, Sooyoung received a call from overseas. She cannot think of any other person with an unkown number but that girl.

 

She hesitated to pick up at first but she did at the last few rings.. Never spoke a word.

 

"S-Sooyoungie.. I-I thought you w-wouldn't pick up a-anymore.."

 

" . . . . . . "

 

"U-hm... I just.. Wanted to.. To tell you that I have a b-boyfriend.."

 

Sooyoung covered as she cried again.. Jessica heard the girl's muffled sobs and she couldn't help but cry as well..

 

"I-Its alright... P-Please babe.. D-Don't cry.."

 

Jessica didn't notice that she called Sooyoung by that name again...

 

"W-Why J-Jess?" Sooyoung's voice trembled..

 

""I-I have to g-go.. Bye." Jessica hanged up.

 

Sooyoung was just numb. It won't ever sink in that she lost her first love Tiffany did everything she could to bring the old Sooyoung back somehow..

 

"You know you can't move on if you keep looking at her.." Tiffany sat beside her bestfriend who was looking at her ex.

 

"I know Fany-ah.. But.. I just need one last look.."

 

"I need to see you delete them, then we can go eat wherever you want. It's for you Soo~" Tiffany rubbed the younger's back

 

*CTRL+A*

 

Hesitating. She closed her eyes and pressed the delete button.. When she opened her eyes, it was all gone - along with her heart.. After that, she decided to make one final entry on timecap.com before she decided not to use it ever again..

 

 


 

 

"Hm.. Sure.." 

 

Jessica took a step closer.. Sooyoung just stared at the blonde and still thinking that this is all an illusion playing with her head.. The blonde lifted her hands and landed them on Sooyoung's shoulders.. She in return slowly put her hands on Jessica's small waist.

 

"5 years Jess.. I stilll can't believe - That you're actually in Seoul.. D-Dancing.. With me.." Sooyoung looked away. Avoiding Jessica's eyes..

 

"Surprise~ Hehe" Jessica giggled softly. It was the cutest thing ever.. Sooyoung just smiled at the girl.

 

"Since when did you and Tiffany talked to each other?" Sooyoung just had to ask.

 

She just contacted me yesterday.. She found my sister and from there, Tiffany told me straight away to get here.. It was all so last-minute.. But here I am~" Jessica smiled at her...

 

"Hm~" Sooyoung just nodded.

 

The words 'last-minute' suddenly reminded her of the pain 5 years ago.. She was trying her best not to ruin the night for the both of them. The two fell silent after that.. Still dancing in cicles.. It was so quiet that Jessica feels heavier by the second... Could it be that her guilt is making its ways now?

 

"Sooyoung-ah.. Can we.. Talk somewhere?" Jessica bravely asked, looking straight in the younger's eyes.

 

"Hm. Alright.. Where do you want to talk?" Sooyoung agreed.

 

"Somewhere.. Quiet. Please?"

 

"Come with me.." Sooyoung slowly lets go of Jessica's waist and turned to lead the way out of the crowd.

 

 

= MEANWHILE =

 

 

"S-Seulgiii! Wait!!!" Joy was running after the crying girl.. They're now outside the gym..

 

"I t-thought he was different! It turns out he likes you!!! THIS IS SO UNFAIR!" Seulgi cried her heart out, her legs gave in as she bends her knees..

 

"Yah. I don't like him at all Seul~~ For all we know it might be part of the stupid initiation thing.. Aish. I hate seeing you like this.." Joy kneeled down as well and hugged her bestfriend tight.. Seulgi just let herself buried in Joy's arms and comfort.

 

"I'm sorry I didn't listen to you~ I was such a fool~" Seulgi wiped her tears..

 

"Its okay.. Whatever happens. I will always be here for you Seul~ How could I leave you?" Joy smiled as she looked at her bestfriend, fixing her hair in the process.

 

"Really? You won't ever leave me even if I make the stupid decisions?"

 

"Never. Pabo~"

 

"I'm so lucky to have you Sooyoung~" Seulgi hugged her tight one last time.

 

"C'mon, lets get you out of here.." Sooyoung pulls her up and walks back to their dorms hand in hand.

 

 

= DORM ROOM =

 

 

"Are you sure you don't want to go back? You look good tonight, its such a waste if you go back early because of me~" Seulgi sat on her bed, still in her red coctail dress.

 

"You're really stubborn huh. I told you, I won't leave you. Not in a time like this. And besides, I came to the party only because you're also coming. Hehe" Joy giggled as she grabbed ice cream from the refrigerator, she knows exactly how to cheer the girl up.

 

"Hehe. Okay okay~~ Thank you doong-doongie~" Seulgi finally smiled.

 

The two girls ate ice cream while watching a movie in Seulgi's laptop. In the middle of the fun, Seulgi received a notification in both timecap.com and her e-mail through her phone. She ignored timecap for awhile since she just got heartbroken..

Opening her email, she sees a letter..

 

 

Dear bestfriend,

 

Its my first time writing to you - apart from the friendly letters I already gave you for occasions we shared together.. What makes this one different is what I am about to say..

 

I know you like Sungjae very much. And its not the first that you admired a guy online or in person but as to what I see, you do so much for him out of all the guys you met.. I seriously don't know why something inside me exploded. I always wanted you near me, Talking to me, Hugging me, Share your deepest stories with me - Aish. Its so crazy.. I'm beginning to think that I already fell for you.. I think this is wrong.. But it feels alright that I couldn't judge either.

 

Yes. More than what you think.. I like you so much.. Your smile, your matured mind.. I just found myself so interested at any thought of you. Hehe I hope I didn't sound creepy just now lol. I don't know how to confess really..

 

-D

 

 

 

= MEANWHILE =

 

 

Sooyoung led the girl to the school track and field.. It wasn't that dark so they just settled after a few cemented steps and sat near each other.. Choi changed into a whole new different person the second her old feelings struck back after so long. She just kept quiet as Jessica composed her thoughts carefully..

 

" Sooyoung-ah.."

 

"Hm?"

 

Jessica faced the younger.. "I.. Am so sorry."

 

"For what?" Sooyoung still looking straight ahead.

 

"F-For what happened to us.. Y-years ago.." Jessica played with her fingers.

 

"I dunno how to answer that to be honest." Sooyoung looked at the girl.

 

"I can explain myself..."

 

"I don't think I want to hear them Jessica.."

 

"B-But how can I make it up to you? These past years havebeen rough.. I always thought about you.." Jessica rested her hand on Sooyoung's.

 

"And did you think this is any easier? Hearing the past again?" Sooyoung finally faced her..

 

"I just wanted to do the right thing that I should've done 5 years ago.." Jessica's tears are welling up..

 

 

Sooyoung's emotions dropped the second she sees the girl she loved almost to tears.. She doesn't want to see her cry.. The image that they always shared online with carved smiles.. - - Looks so different and heartbreaking to see it turn upside down face to face..

The younger gently pulled the blonde to her warm embrace.. Wrapped her arms around Jessica tight and cozy.. She rester her chin on Jessica's crown.. And with that, Jessica gave in..

 

 

"I-I was a-abused Sooyoung.." Jessica's voice cracked..

 

"W-What?" she instantly became so worried..

 

"M-My stepdad won't let me talk to my mom.. Or go home to her.. He kept molesting me like I was some .. Locked me in my room when he gets angry until he saw our messages.. He told me to tell you I had to get married and break u-up.." Jessica trembled in her words.. Sooyoung didn't know how to react.. She held onto the girl tightly as ever.. Wishing she knew better than hear all of these now.. Jessica cried her heart out as she remembers the painful days..

 

"S-Sica.. Y-You could've.. Left me some clue.. To help you.." Sooyoung gritted her teeth in frustration.. Tears soon came breaking the cold wall.. "I'm glad you're here now.. Safe." she continued..

 

Sooyoung lets go of the girl and held her wet cheeks.. Gently smiled at Jessica as she wipe the girl's tears away.. Jessica's hands crept to Sooyoung's and squeezed them lovingly.. She kissed one palm which melted the younger's heart..

 

"I love you Sooyoung.. I always did.." Jessica says staring deep in Sooyoung's eyes..

 

She didn't say anything.. But Sooyoung cupped Jessica's face and leaned in for their first kiss.. It may not be their first as a couple.. But their love made it feel like it is.. They smiled as they parted their lips and Jessica was still crying..

 

"You brought me back Jessica.. I love you too.." Sooyoung planted one final kiss to Jessica's temple and put her arms around the girl.. They stayed like that and enjoyed each other's company they longed for so many years..

 

"How did you escape then?" Sooyoung barely spoke.

 

"I ran away when I found a chance. My mom just found out and we are in the middle of arrangements. I'm finally back home Soo~" Jessica just couldn't stop her tears.

 

"5 whole years Jess. I-I.. I didn't know" Sooyoung hugged the girl tighter.

 

"Can we.. Start over?"

 

 

 

= BACK TO SEULGI =

 

 

Seulgi was still reading through the email she received..

 

"Seul!! C'mon you're missing the gruesome part!! Look! Loooookkkkk!!!" Joy was pulling Seulgi's arm to get her attention back to their movie.. Pointing at the laptop screen with genuine eyes.

 

"Yah." Joy was dumbfounded. She tilted her head and paused the movie instead. "What's the matter?"

 

"What's with this email you've sent me?" Seulgi raised her phone just enough for Joy to see and read.

 

"That can't be.. I - It wasn't s-supposed to.. What??" Joy slowly stood up. Caught up on cold feet. The room was too dark to see and judge Seulgi's expression.

 

"Doong-doongie.." Joy covered her eyes. "I - I know! I messed up! I-It wasn't a r-real thing anyways. Ju-Just a dumb - - "

 

Joy was stopped by a very warm hug. Seulgi stood up to hug her bestfriend. But this time, it's a different kind of magic.

 

"Y-You have always been there for me. Stood up for me. Always at my side. All this time.. I-I kinda knew." Seulgi said in a soft voice. Joy's eyes shot wide open.

 

"Nothing will change. Arasso?" Seulgi released her grip. The short distance made Joy felt electric. She was blushing so mad. Seulgi started to lean in close.

 

Closer and closer.

 

"You're mine."

 

 

= THAT MORNING =

 

 

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

 

"Yoooooo! Open up! I have great newwws!!!"

 

A loud and cheerful Sooyoung knocking hard on her cousin's door. Joy finally answered while rubbing her eyes with the blanket over her shoulders.

 

"Unnie... It's Saturday.. You - - H-Heol~ " When Joy's vision cleared up. There were two people standing in the doorway to her surprise. "Hi!"

 

"This is Jessica. My girlfriend." Sooyoung proudly held Jessica's hand with a very bright smile. Jessica bowed and smiled as well. "Let's go somewhere! I will help you doong-doongie!!" Sooyoung continued as she nudged Joy's arm while winking. The three laughed until..

 

"Doongie~ Who is it?" Seulgi approached the door since she too was awaken by Sooyoung's loud knock earlier. The couple looked at each other as Jessica looked away holding her laughter. Sooyoung in the other hand..

 

"YAAAAAH! SEULGI-SHI! Y-YOU'RE - - -" Jessica grabbed Sooyoung's face and turned away before she could finish her sentence.

 

Joy was sent right back to planet Earth when she turned her head and see Seulgi almost- in her underwear. Joy quickly grabbed the blanket and covered Seulgi blushing. "I-I- ITS NOT WHAT YOU THINK!!!"

 

"We're not 5 Joy. I knew exactly what happened! HAHAHA!" Sooyoung laughed off and just couldn't take the mischievous grin off her face.

 

Seulgi who is half-awake finally knew what was happening and just bowed multiple times in apology for her carelessness.

 

The four girls enjoyed the rest of the day showing Jessica around the campus grounds. After two weeks since Jessica and Sooyoung have been reunited, they have been unseparable. The Jung's fight to their Step-dad have been proven guilty in court and now, Jessica finally found peace and justice to enjoy. Meanwhile, as for Joy and Seulgi, they preferred to keep their relationship private amongst their peers. It's enough for them that in their world, its their very own paradise. A place where they know how they feel for each other is truely genuine with no judgements. Joy is thankful enough to be surrounded in a circle with no prejudice.

 

 

=FIN=