yadong/ woogyu [story idea]

Loose Ends
Please log in to read the full chapter

So I wrote a myungyeol fic a while back called Limitless Love and originally it was just going to be myungyeol but I ended up putting a lot of yadong into that story. And actually I really loved yadong in that AU that I decided to give them their own oneshot. But I never got round to actually writing the yadong oneshot. I also planned a woogyu oneshot set in the same AU but that never happened either. I even made a poster (above) because I was going to turn those three oneshots into a trilogy of sorts. The Timeless Romance trilogy. 

First, a brief summary of Limitless Love. Sungyeol is the Crown Prince, son of Emperor Howon. Myungsoo is the son of General Kim Sunggyu. The two boys were born on the same day and were the best of friends from birth. When they grew up, Sungyeol and Myungsoo fell in love with each other despite knowing it was not allowed. They secretly met up for about a year before Emperor Howon found out. Emperor Howon then arranged a marriage for Sungyeol. On Sungyeol's wedding day Howon sent Dongwoo, his personal servant and secret lover, to give Myungsoo poison. Sungyeol abandoned his wedding ceremony to save Myungsoo and Dongwoo ended up ingesting the poison to prove a point to Howon. 

Excerpt from Limitless Love:

Seeing that Howon was about to give some harsh statement, Dongwoo whipped his head around to see if he could do anything. His eyes landed on the objects on the tray the servant was still carrying and an idea came to his mind. It was drastic and insane on his part, but there was nothing else Dongwoo could do.

Dongwoo ran the few steps to the servant and swiped the bottle of poison. Howon, Sungyeol and Myungsoo turned after hearing the servant’s cry of alarm. Dongwoo didn’t dare look back, scared he would back out after seeing Howon. He pulled out the cork and tilted the bottle to his mouth.

When Howon turned and saw Dongwoo trying to drink the poison, his eyes widened and he could feel his world crashing around him. Instinctively, he rushed to Dongwoo and in the next moment, the bottle smashed to the ground as Howon knocked it out of Dongwoo’s grasp. But Howon was just a second too late. Dongwoo had already managed to pour half the contents into his mouth before Howon hit it away. Sungyeol and Myungsoo could only stare in shock and horror at the events unfolding in front of their eyes.

The poison was definitely a strong one as seconds later, Dongwoo could feel himself falling, his legs no longer strong enough to carry him. Howon caught Dongwoo in his arms and sank to the ground slowly. Everyone else stood there, frozen and silent.

“Dongwoo-ah, why did you do that?!” For the first time, Emperor Howon’s stoic appearance crumbled away as his voice wavered.

Dongwoo gave a slight smile as he saw he finally managed to provoke an emotional response fro

Please log in to read the full chapter