Leaving, a big word.

Script Rewrite

It's funny how people act like they actually care, when in fact, they don't. They ask you 'why?'s and such, but the truth? Do they actually care?

It was when they knew Han is leaving. Hums of whines and questions filled all the 4 corners of the room. Han simply snorted in his mind, I bet some don't even know me. For Han-or Luhan-he was just a simple subject, followed by a predicate that pretty much says average. Something that is different about him is that he would care less about the people around, just like how–he believes–they don't care about him and his mere existence. Maybe 3 to 5 of the people in his class knows him, but to have a reaction this big from the class, he could only think, how pathetic it is to be only loved when you're about to go.

If not, then, when you are already gone.

It doesn't make sense, how people find something's worth when it's about to be gone or worse. It doesn't make sense, atleast to Luhan. Why would you give attention to something that is about to be gone? Why now when it's already too late, why now?


But only Luhan doesn't know, someone actually cares. Someone actually does. And he wasn't part of those who filled the room with whines, he stilled quiet. When he heard the news, he kept quiet. Sehun kept quiet.

'Leaving' is a painful word. It means 'goodbye,' and 'goodbye' has always meant parting.


Luhan have once said, "Leaving means... going each other's way. Then, next day you forget about the past, forget that one had existed in your life. Goodbye's particulate to parting and continuing your daily ritual like nothing happened," And though a different meaning, Luhan can still say, leaving hurts,.. but only for those who really care. 
Sadly, he thinks no one does. 

All people are actors and actresses of their own life, except that their scripts are made on-spot, some even created with no sense of thinking, it just comes out—it's because we're used to it, living the same life, spitting the same lines, acting the same character. We direct the movie we play live according to the decisions we make, that is how important choices are. It could turn a whole story around, it could make it better or make it worse—it depends upon your choice.

Some would want to restart, make a new character, say new lines, experience new life, and change it to a better everything. But they cannot change entirely, in one way or another, in their "new" life, there would stay pretention. 'Some would want to restart, act a new character, say new lines, direct a better movie a.k.a. life.'–it should've been like that.

 

Luhan wants to restart.
 

When Sehun knew about Luhan leaving, it hurt like it rained knives on him. There and then he decided to have courage to talk to his hyung, his brother, Luhan. 

"I heard you're leaving, hyung." And on instant Luhan froze on spot, mind blocked from thinking of a line to reply. He doesn't know why, but he felt a tug in his heart when he heard Sehun say those words sadly.

"Hyung, remember when I were 18, and had no one to turn to? You came to me and there, I knew I have a friend. Remember when I wanted to audition to the dance club? You were my teacher. Hyung–" He completely forgot about Sehun. Sehun has got to be the closest person to Luhan, Sehun thinks so

But Luhan never realised it to be like that, he thought all of what he did was out of pure initiative, or empathy for the younger. The times where he let Sehun in his flat, he assumed both of them were just bored. He thought, he just thought, that maybe all his works were nothing, to be trashed, the day after because that's how he thinks the world works. He never expected somebody to treasure those memories, him–atleast, not again.

"Were all of those.. Nothing?"

Nothing

He cannot just casually say, "Yes, those were nothing," even though that is the truth. This was out of the plan, out of the storyline he made for his life.

Sehun, the mere reason why Luhan never believed people care. They were 8 and 10, they were best of friends. They were together, side by side, inseparable. They looked like twins, and they acted like one. That, was until Sehun left. For unknown reason, and at a sudden time. Luhan was young, he was still young then. He thought that Sehun never cared, he never cherished their memories. He thought Sehun just used him to pass time, as a live entertainment or variety program. He thought all the smiles, the laughs, were fake, unreal. He was young and so he believed that is how life works. But fate was funny. They turn out to be on the same college, Sehun is his hoobae. To make it more interesting, they were on the same club. 

Luhan was angry, but he felt like he shouldn't, because he wasn't that Sehun who left him, he wasn't that Sehun who disappeared. 

Sehun was 8 when he was hit by a car.  He was on his way to meet his best friend, Luhan.


But he never remembered he had to meet him because he had amnesia. They, Sehun's parents, claimed that Luhan is a walking danger. Sehun's parents were so afraid of having their only son suffer another tragedy, therefore sent Sehun away from Luhan before he even has the chance to talk, see, and actually remember him.

Luhan is wrong to assume, but he could not rewind the movie he has played live. He has to leave, make Sehun feel as hopeless as he was. That is, unintentionally.

"But that doesn't mean I cannot return, right?" He smiled at Sehun, and on his forehead he saw a scar. The scar that reminds him of all his mistakes, his assumptions, and how they are never going to get erased from his script, even if he runs away from it—even if he pretends to be someone else. Because that'd stay in his mind for as long as he lives, and is going to haunt him for a lifetime. 

"Promise me that you'll wait for me," 

 

"I promise hyung, I'll wait."

The only thing he could do about it is to learn from it, make better lines and choices to create a better chapter.

 

And so, that is what he did.