Decisions

The Textile of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since the ordeal at the coffee shop, Seulgi’s been constantly noticing the stares directed towards her on the street. Before, she had thought the stares were because of her beautiful face, but she began to experience some self-doubt. How did I not know that these people weren’t questioning my choice of clothing or my fashion style? Days passed with her feeling the brunt of Bae Irene’s business card. On Monday, the first time Seulgi visited the café since the incident, Wendy shot her some strange glances. Once in a while, Seulgi would also see Joy come out and peek at me while she was drinking coffee. Was it because of her favorite green sweater paired with the chili red skinny jeans? Seulgi thought Wendy and Joy were weird, as usual, but they always said that birds of the same kind flock together. Seulgi inferred that maybe, just maybe, she wasn’t that normal either.

 

By the Wednesday two weeks after her encounter with the sassy woman, Seulgi was in turmoil. The longer I drag on my offensive fashion habits, the worse they will get; I had to contact this Bae Irene. Quickly punching in the numbers printed on the card, Seulgi felt an imaginary trickle of sweat run down her face. What if this Bae Irene was actually a mass murderer and wanted me as her next victim? What if she wanted to lure her into her drug ring? Before Seulgi’s mind could speculate much more, the call connected.

 

“Hello, this is Bae Joohyun here.” The voice traveled out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter