Discovery

Only You

On this particular day, Kibum was nice.

Today, Minho and Kibum were actually sitting at a table eating lunch together.

Today, Kibum had something interesting to talk about.

 

- Hey, Minho... Have you ever had a crush?

 

- A crush...? Hm... Well, not really. Why?

 

- Well, I don't know. People are liking each other and I even heard that Emily has a thing for Joseph.

 

Minho shrugged and took a bite of his sandwich.

 

- Eh, no one really catches my eye really...

 

- C'mon Minho, if you don't like at least one girl people are going to start thinking that you're gay!

 

- Hyung, why would you even say such a thing?? Just give me time, okay?

 

Kibum kind of scowled before going back to his lunch.

 

◇◇◇

 

Over the next few weeks of school, Minho went about his normal business but started to take into account what Kibum had said to him.

 

- Maybe hyung is right... I don't want people to think that I'm gay!

 
Oh, this poor, innocent, child. He's only in 6th grade and he's already having thoughts like this.

 

Minho tried to get himself to like a girl, but most of them were actually pretty mean so he didn't like them very much. However, there was one person who caught his eye. There was a kid named Lee Taemin that sat across from him in his math class. The kid didn't talk very much, but was nice enough. Minho tolerated Taemin and started to think that maybe, just maybe, he could finally have a crush on a girl.

 

During lunch one day, Kibum sat with him once again.

 

- Hyung, I think that maybe I have a crush on a noona!

 

Minho grinned and Kibum looked at him with wide eyes.

 

- Wha- Really?? Who is it? Tell me all about her!

 

Kibum was actually interested for once, who could this girl be?

 

- Well, she sits across from me in my math class... And she's really nice and cute looking too! She's also really smart...

 

- Ah, really?? What's her name?

 

- Lee Taemin~

 

Kibum looked taken aback for a second before his eyes narrowed.

 

- Minho.

 

- Yes, hyung?

 

Minho gave Kibum an innocent look which made Kibum scoff.

 

- You know that Taemin is a dude, right?

 

- Wait... Whaa??

 

Minho was shocked. Taemin looked and sounded like a girl... Then again, he had never really gotten to know him very much. And plus, they were all still going through puberty so their voices weren't that low yet.

 

- So... Taemin is my... Hyung?

 

- Yup.

 

- Oh, okay... Never mind about the whole crush thing then~

 

Kibum sighed, shaking his head. But on the inside, he was smirking. Maybe he could finally climb up the popularity chain.