Roses, serenade, and me

Roses and Serenade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Jongin remembered the first time he met his favourite hyung. His mother told him that their neighbour has a son who is a year older than him. He expected that hyung will be taller and bigger than him but he’s wrong. Kyungsoo hyung is a petite boy and very cute.

 

Since that time, Jongin authored himself as Kyungsoo hyung’s soulmate.

 

 

At the age of fifteen, Jongin was there to see how Kyungsoo grew up beautifully. Jongin thought he must done something too divine in his life to worth this opportunity.

 

Jongin too, had a dream but he’s afraid to tell Kyungsoo about it.

 

“I want to marry you, Jongin.”

 

Kyungsoo said, and Jongin was flabbergasted. Not because he didn’t like the idea to marry Kyungsoo but he felt this entire universe acted too nice to him. Kyungsoo’s dream is his dream too. Besides, Kyungsoo is the one who initiate the idea to marry each other. He’s more than delighted.

 

He’s too ecstatic by it so he laughed when there’s nothing laughable that time. Kyungsoo frowned, that’s make Jongin felt guilty. Then, he opted to just smiled, afraid to answer when Kyungsoo asked him why because Kyungsoo looks so tempting that time. He’s afraid he might lose control and attack his pure Kyungsoo.

 

“I will make sure your dream comes true, hyung.”

 

That was the actual whisper that came with his smile, however it never reach Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin was seventeen while Kyungsoo was eighteen that time when Jongin realized that he didn’t deserved Kyungsoo if he didn’t make change in himself.

 

“Just confess to him, Chanyeol hyung. Reject or not that’s another story.” Jongin said to Chanyeol during their lunch time. Valentine’s Day. So, it was expected to see everyone become ecstatic too confess to their crushes, same goes to Chanyeol as well.

 

“I’m not like you, okay.” Chanyeol replied, earning a curious look from Jongin.

 

“What’s it you’re not like me?”

 

“Well, you have Kyungsoo who always follow you like a loyal dog. You don’t have to confess to him or prepare anything for him to make him stay. He’ll just stay and never go anywhere without you need to put effort on him.” Chanyeol said, and the other friends in the group laughed.

 

Jongin didn’t like how people see Kyungsoo. If they think Kyungsoo didn’t worth anything like fancy proposal, they are wrong. Kyungsoo deserves the moon and sun, Kyungsoo deserves every diamond in this world.

 

That word from Chanyeol made Jongin thought that he needed to change in order to make himself deserve to have Kyungsoo. He should stop make Kyungsoo run after him because Do Kyungsoo worth to be run after not vice versa. He didn’t want people to see Kyungsoo is the one who put extra effort in their relationship because now is time when Jongin should be the one who put effort.

 

After class, Jongin met Kyungsoo, the latter gave him chocolate and Jongin’s more than happy.

 

“Jongin, I think- I think I love you. Can we- can we be a date?”

 

Jongin swore that he wanted to say yes that time and smooch Kyungsoo with kisses because the older looks extra adorable that day. How his cheeks blushed and he stuttered cutely, Jongin learn that Kyungsoo didn’t need to put effort to make him went crazy.

 

But what Chanyeol and his friends laughed at during lunch made him changed his mind. No, Kyungsoo is not the one who should propose. Not like this, Kyungsoo deserves better than this. Not now when he’s still a peasant in distress (did that proverb exist?) and lack of everything.

 

“Hyung. You know I love you too, right?”

 

Jongin replied that. He didn’t means to make the older boy sad or make Kyungsoo feels like he was being rejected but he did. Because Jongin can see Kyungsoo’s face turn gloomy and Jongin wanted to punch himself.

 

 

“Please wait, hyung.”

 

 

 

 

 

At the age of nineteen, Jongin was accepted in Solomon Entertainment as a trainee and he got big pay of allowance every month. Kyungsoo’s there to see him crying because of joyful and he made promised to himself once again.

 

“I will marry you real soon, hyung.”

 

But, Kyungsoo stopped to follow him twenty four seven like he always did during their high school times, and that made he felt lonely sometimes.

 

He was busy with his training, while Kyungsoo also busy with his university life. Sometimes Jongin felt hurt because he can’t spend much times with his beloved hyung anymore. There’s this calm night when they spent their time together at the rooftop of Kyungsoo’s apartment.

 

“What’s your dream, hyung?”

 

Jongin asked with his usual cute tone that only reserved for Kyungsoo. He hoped Kyungsoo’s answer will still be the same like when he was sixteen. But Kyungsoo didn’t answer him, the older opted to smile and lean his head to Jongin’s shoulder.

 

And the question remained unanswered because Jongin afraid his hyung will change the answer like what he expected and Kyungsoo, he decided to stop believe that Jongin is his soulmate.

 

 

 

 

 

Today, at the age twenty one, Jongin owned everything that boys around his age can only imagine. Being a trainee in Solomon Entertainment only for a year, he debuted with success after that. He got the fame, he has the money, and now, he wants to run after the most precious dream he ever had.

 

Do Kyungsoo.

 

With the help of Chanyeol and his boyfriend, Baekhyun, they prepared for the proposal surprise. So, here’s the plan.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo wakes up early every day, around seven is his time to wake up. But last night he went home really late and he didn’t immediately goes to bed because his housemate, Jongdae made a mess with his kitchen and Kyungsoo needed to clean everything before he’s going to sleep.

 

And that’s not only the disturbance last night, Junmyeon also came to their house last night around two in the morning because he said Yixing mad at him and the Chinese boy send out him from their house after that. It is okay to give a shelter to a man who’s thrown out by his lover, but the man forced Kyungsoo to hear his rant about what had happened.

 

Kyungsoo then, approved Yixing’s imputation about Junmyeon; Junmyeon is an idiot. It’s not a big matter to be argue of, it’s just about Junmyeon was being forgetful as always to forget about their anniversary and came back home really late when Yixing had prepared special dinner for them.

 

It’s five in the morning when Junmyeon finally dozed off because he’s too tired blabbering about his problem but still, ended up by making a deal with Kyungsoo that he will apologize to Yixing later.

 

So, what’s the main topic just now? Oh yes, Kyungsoo wakes up from his sleep and it’s ten in the morning. Late for everything, Kyungsoo thought. He starts doing his morning ritual by doing weird exercise (where his limbs are extended as far as it can on his bed, lying like a starfish), and there, his cell phone rings.

 

“Yes, Jongin?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter