Final

A lot can happen in a day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you really going to do that today?” Yoochun pointed at the scented, pink, flowery paper. 

“Yoochun, I’m going to confess to Seulgi whether you like it or not.” Yunho didn’t even look at his best friend as he put the cute letter in the envelope.

“It’s not my like, it’s your retarded crush who doesn’t like your best friend.”

“I’ll just find a new one.”

“New crush?”

“New best friend.”

“YAH!”

“For God sake’s Yoochun!” Yunho rubbed his ears with the tips of his fingers throbbing because Yoochun is sitting right next to him. “you’re perfect for Junsu.  Both of you can set off car alarms.” Yunho referred to Yoochun’s girlfriend of four months with a voice in the whistle register. But she’s the school’s musical star so he’s not going to challenge her.

“Don’t bring Junsu in the middle.” Yoochun scowled. He’s in the possessive stage where he doesn’t like even his bestie talking about his girlfriend. “Are you so desperate for a relationship that you’re going to ask out the iest girl in the whole school?”

“I’m not desperate!” Yes he was, but that didn’t stop Yunho from taking offence. “I’ve liked her since last year and I’ve seen the looks she gives me.” Yunho doesn’t want to be smug but he’s aware he’s quite a catch. He’s tall, handsome, has great hair and a dazzling smile, the school’s dancing star, intelligent with a good personality. And if that isn’t enough, his mother comes from old money and his father is a famous surgeon. So he’s loaded, in short.

Yet, his best friend has made a career in giving him a hard time, such as now, looking at Yunho with a deadpan expression.

“Yunho, you and I both know you're desperate being the only single guy in senior class.” Yoochun spoke straightforwardly.

“He’s not!” the two males couldn’t hide the wince at the squeak which echoed louder in the silent library. Junsu gave an apologetic smile and bowed slightly at the scowling librarian before seating herself beside her boyfriend. “Yun’s not the only single person in senior year. My cousin is, and the ‘devil’ and Seulgi is.”

“Su, we haven’t seen your cousin coz she transferred only today.” Yunho reminded. 

“and you haven’t introduced us to your ‘devil’ cousin and don’t even talk to us about this person, so much so we don’t know this other cousin’s gender.” Yoochun added.

“Evil has no gender.” Junsu declared. “I don’t like that person after that pushed me in the duck pond when we were seven.”

“Any..who…” Yunho concluded, “Seulgi is single and I am. Only remaining pair.”

“Ah-Hah! So you admit you’re desperate enough to confess to the only girl remaining.” Yoochun shouted, blatantly ignoring the shushing command of the librarian.

“Chunnie~!” Junsu whined as she slapped a hand on her boyfriend’s mouth. “Yun, you're going too fast. School year just started and Joongie is joining too. So just think about it before you wax lyrical about the meanest girl in the school.”   

“Seulgi’s not mean.” Yunho defended. “I have biology with her and she’s very polite and sweet even though she’s scared of dissecting chicken. She’s just misunderstood.”

“No, you're the one misunderstanding.” Junsu couldn’t help raise her voice, “she’s been eyeing you since forever and is only nice in front of you. She’s horrible. Don’t make me blurt out girl’s bathroom incidents here.”      

Yunho clicked his tongue making Junsu frown and Yoochun eye Yunho curiously. “Suie, I really like you but I know what’s your problem with Seulgi.” Yunho put his hand across Yoochun and on Junsu’s shoulder. “I know Seulgi is the perfect girl and you like all the girls are jealous of her.”

“WHAT!” Junsu’s shriek was almost debilitating to the two males too close to her for comfort.
 

“Okay that’s it! you three, OUT!” the librarian glared at the three of them while pointing out the door and they scattered under the old woman’s hawk eyes.

“So where were we?” Yoochun and Junsu turned around to find the hallway empty.

“Where’s Yunho?” Junsu looked 360 degrees but no sign of Yunho.

“the bastard escaped.” Yoochun muttered exasperatedly. “He’s going to propose to the , and they’ll get married and I’m going to end up godfather to the world’s most pretentious brats.”

“Way in the future Chunnie!” Junsu hugged his arm and it in a comforting manner. “besides, we don’t know how things will turn out. A lot can happen in a day, and I’m sure we won’t have to deal with Seulgi as Yunho’s girlfriend.”  

“Because we’ll change our names, migrate to Greenland, get fake identities and never see the again?”

Junsu gave Yoochun an incredulous look. Does he really think that’s the only alternative, or that it would actually work?

“No silly, don’t have to go that far….yet…” she muttered the last word under her breath. “What I meant it, I have a feeling about Yunho and Seulgi… you know I have sixth instinct right?” Yoochun mutely nodded. Junsu’s claim that she’s a partial psychic and also her linguistic and semantic disabilities were one of the many lovable idiosyncrasies of the cute singer.

“elaborate.” Yoochun coaxed. “Well, it might not go as Yunho planned. Something is bound to happen. I can feel it.” Junsu said seriously.

“Well then, I hope your sixth sense is right.” Yoochun sighed.

“it will.” Junsu pecked his cheek. “Let’s go find me cousins. They should be here by now.”

~~~

“Uh…Seulgi…” said girl turned around from chatting with her posse hearing her name being called.

“Yes Yunho?” she flashed a smile as she gave the handsome boy her full attention. She subtly made shooing motions to her friends who left snickering to hide behind the wall and eavesdrop.

Yunho scratched his nape, the nervousness finally hitting him now that he has to do it. “I…uh…have something to say….” He showed her the pink letter. “This- oh!” Seulgi snatched the letter even before Yunho could finish his sentence. He felt awkward for a moment but then waited for her reaction.     

And what a reaction. It wasn’t big but Yunho didn’t expect it to be so minimal either.

Seulgi smiled as she folded the paper neatly and proceeded to pocket it. “About time….” She said in a manner of a woman frustrated with her husband. “So…” Yunho looked at her when she spoke. “you're asking me out?”

“….yeah?” Yunho was now so unsure because she looks like she gets confessions of love everyday.

“excellent.” Yunho stiffened and blushed when Seulgi wrapped her hand around Yunho’s.

“S-so…we’re exclusive?” Yunho asked.

“Of course we are, but after you give me the rest.” Seulgi looked at him as if waiting for something Yunho didn’t know he had to give.

“R-rest?” Yunho asked confused. Seulgi rolled her eyes affectionately. “You silly goose, how can you confess to a girl with just a letter? There has to be more. Love declarations have to have fanfare you know.” And she opened her other palm seemingly waiting for Yunho to put a gift box on it.

“Umm…I didn’t know that-” Yunho violently flinched when Seulgi harshly pulled her hand away, slightly scratching the back of his hand in the process.

“You confessed to ME with a piece of paper?” She point a manicured finger at herself and then at the pink paper she had fished out of her pocket. Against his better judgement, Yunho nodded. “Seriously? That’s it? not even a ring? a fancy restaurant? A friggin’ MCM bag?”

“err…” Yunho was about to say he could get her those things, or one of things but she had balled the paper and thrown it on his face.

“You caveman! I’m not a two-bit e! Come back to me with a better proposal.” Seulgi turned heel with a huff and stomped off with her posse following her.

Yunho stood there for a full minute wondering what just happened. He scratched his head for an explanation but nothing. He wondered if he should risk an ‘I told you so’ from Yoochun and Junsu by telling them about the scene and asking for help.

“Two-bit e? Did she not hear herself? I wonder what her concept of e is.” Yunho turned around to find a tall youth with this sort of foreboding mischievous eyes leaning by the lockers. He wasn’t looking at him though, more at some hidden being behind the corridor.

“Shut up Min! you're being a know-it-all again.” a disembodied voice chided the tall indifferent boy. Girl, the person in the adjoining corridor is a girl.

“Umm…excuse me? Who are you?” Yunho asked. He’s not sure how long they’ve been there but he wants to know especially since he knows they’re talking about him.

The tall boy turned to him and shifted to move away from the wall. “Changmin. Shim Changmin.” he said with an air of superiority.

“Hello~!” a head popped out from the corridor and sang. “I’m Jaejoong.” Yunho noted this Jaejoong was beautiful, more so than Seulgi. She has large, innocent doe eyes and Yunho had a thing for beautiful eyes.

Yunho waved at them. (Changmin would argue he waved to Jaejoong only.) “I’m Yunho. Are you new?”

To Yunho’s surprise, Jaejoong unceremoniously shoved Changmin to the side. “yes I am. He too but you can ignore him.” Jaejoong said sweetly despite the cussing she got from Changmin while he nursed his jaw that hit the locker.

“Well…then, nice to meet you.” Yunho bowed cordially and she responded in kind.

Until she began talking again. “Did you just get dumped? Do you need help? I can play matchmaker. I can do that. Do you know Junsu? Do you want to be my boyfriend?”

“Yah bug eyes! Give him time to process.” Changmin came over to them. he gave the wide-eyed flustered Yunho a once-over and then turned to Jaejoong again. “See what you did. We discussed it. you can’t simply ask any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter